Lizziem's why am i sts food diary?

LizzieM

Ok I have decided to write a food diary to see where I may be going wrong. I have STS for the last few weeks, not sure why as I have been following the plan, I exercise on a regular basis, drink plenty of water, eat to my appetite and make sure I following the 1/3 superfree rule . I have been sticking to around 5 syns per day but after reading some other posts on the forum, I am going to up this to see if this will help my weight loss to start again.

So here goes

Breakfast – magic porridge (35g oats – HexB) with natural fat free yogurt (ran out of Muller lights, not quite the same made with natural yogurt but tasted ok) and frozen berries.

I get out of bed at around 0730, have a cup of tea but I don’t eat breakfast until an hour or so later. I am going to change this and eat breakfast earlier to hopefully kick start my metabolism and have a snack mid-morning if I feel hungry.

Lunch – Speed soup made with various superfree and free foods, carrots, parsnips, onions, tinned tomatoes, celery, tinned lentils in water, tinned mixed beans in water. Stock cubes, mixed herbs and chilli.

I would normally have this on its own but I am going to add 2 ryvitas (4 syns) to use up some of my syn allowance.

Dinner – Turkey meatballs with tagliatelle (recipe from EE cook book) served with mixed veg, carrots, leeks, sprouts.
25g reduced fat cheddar sprinkled on top (3 ½ syns).

Dessert – meringue nest (3 syns) with Muller Greek yoghurt (½ syn) and mixed berries

Options chocolate drink (2 syns)

HexA – 250ml semi skimmed milk for tea and coffee

Snacks – apple and banana

Total syns for the day – 13

Today’s exercise – body pump (1hr) and Sh’bam (45mins)

Last edited:
Day 2 of my food diary.

I am working a night duty tonight so will need to plan to eat lunch and dinner later than normal to help with the long shift.

Breakfast – grilled bacon, grilled tomatoes, scrambled eggs and mushrooms.

Breakfast was early again this morning and I had a banana on my return from the gym to keep the cravings away until lunch.

Lunch – will be speed soup with 2 ryvitas (HexB)

Dinner – I am planning to make a turkey curry to take to work and serve with a portion of brown rice and vegetables.

Dessert – meringue nest (3 syns) with Muller Greek yoghurt (½ syn) and mixed berries

Snacks – apple and banana

Total syns for the day – 5 ½

Today’s exercise – body attack (1hr)

I finish my night duty tomorrow morning at 8am and would normally come home and go straight to bed without eating breakfast, get up around 2pm and then have something to eat. This is a long time between meals so my body is probably going into starvation mode. Tomorrow morning I will be having breakfast before I leave work.

Last edited:
Day 3 of my diary

Well the night shift was very long, the journey home was slow after 2 cars collided blocking one lane of the dual carriageway, but I got home safely thankful that I had my breakfast before leaving, as planned yesterday, which kept me going. Managed to catch up on a few hours of sleep when I got home but now have a bit of a headache but think that might be due to dehydration. So couple of glasses of water to help with that.

Breakfast – magic porridge (35g oats – HexB) with muller light yogurt and frozen berries.

Lunch – 2 Ryvitas (4 syns) with cottage cheese and small salad.

Dinner – planning to have Linda McCartney Red onion and Rosemary sausages with Smash and homemade ratatouille, to get my 1/3 superfree.

Dessert – Muller Greek yoghurt (½ syn) and mixed berries

Snacks – apple

Total syns for the day – so far 6 ½ (going to treat myself later with some quality street chocolates 2 syns each, well it is that time of year)

Today’s exercise – no exercise today back down the gym first thing tomorrow.

Diary looks good so not sure why you're STSing :/ have you considered doing success express or some red days?

Thanks for looking at my diary. I have a WI tomorrow so I will get to see how things are going. I have changed the way I do things, changing what I eat, when I eat, having more syns. Fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:, hopefully these are the little tweaks I needed to get things moving again.

Please could you let me know what SUCCESS EXPRESS ? Feeling ashamed to say but have not heard of it?
Please let me in on this secret or start s success express thread
Thanks x

I think you may see a loss tomorrow, looking at how much exercise you do I think you need the extra syns which you weren't having before. Good luck tomorrow though :)

Thanks for reply will go thread NOW and hope to get some inspiration Bx

I think you may see a loss tomorrow, looking at how much exercise you do I think you need the extra syns which you weren't having before. Good luck tomorrow though :)

Thanks donna88, starting the food diary has paid off. WI this morning, I have 1lb loss. Not a lot but very happy that its not another STS :)

Day 4 of my diary

Really chuffed this morning at WI, I have lost 1lb after STS for a few weeks so starting this food diary has really helped me reassess my eating plan and get me losing again. It was a relaxing day yesterday after working a night shift, but back to normal today.

Breakfast – magic porridge (35g oats – HexB) with muller light yogurt and frozen berries.

Lunch – Toby Carvery, turkey and gammon with a mountain of vegetables and approx 1 tbls of vegetarian gravy (I am going to allow 3 syns for this). Avoided the yorkshire puddings,cauliflower cheese, stuffing and roast potatoes.

Dinner – 2 ryvitas (4 syns) with 25g of reduced fat cheese (3 syns)

Dessert – fresh fruit salad with Muller light yogurt

Snacks – apple

Total syns for the day – 10

Today’s exercise – Body Step 1hr

Day 5 of my diary

It’s Saturday, where has the week gone? It’s been a day of catching up on the housework :( and making a batch of Super Speed Soup to tuck into over the next few days.

Breakfast – magic porridge (35g oats – HexB) with muller light yogurt and frozen berries. This is becoming my regular breakfast.

Lunch – Big bowl of freshly made Super Speed Soup with 2 oat cakes (5 syns)

Dinner – as it’s the weekend I treated myself to an Indian take away, a chicken shashlik, which is very similar to a tandoori and does not have any added syn filled sauces so I have not syned this. It came with a salad and I added 2 tbsp of 70% fat free salad cream (2 syns)

Dessert – meringue nest (3 syns) with fruit berries and Greek Muller light yogurt (½ syn), my favourite :)

Snacks – apple, clementine

Total syns for the day – 10 ½

Today’s exercise – Body Combat 1hr

Thanks donna88, starting the food diary has paid off. WI this morning, I have 1lb loss. Not a lot but very happy that its not another STS :)

Glad to see you've started loosing again. well done :) 1lb a week is still 52lbs in a year. Fingers crossed you'll loose a bit more next week if it'd make you happier though

bagnut said:
Day 5 of my diary

It’s Saturday, where has the week gone? It’s been a day of catching up on the housework :( and making a batch of Super Speed Soup to tuck into over the next few days.

Breakfast – magic porridge (35g oats – HexB) with muller light yogurt and frozen berries. This is becoming my regular breakfast.

Lunch – Big bowl of freshly made Super Speed Soup with 2 oat cakes (5 syns)

Dinner – as it’s the weekend I treated myself to an Indian take away, a chicken shashlik, which is very similar to a tandoori and does not have any added syn filled sauces so I have not syned this. It came with a salad and I added 2 tbsp of 70% fat free salad cream (2 syns)

Dessert – meringue nest (3 syns) with fruit berries and Greek Muller light yogurt (½ syn), my favourite :)

Snacks – apple, clementine

Today’s exercise – Body Combat 1hr

I always have that from the Indian too as its no syns !! :)

Your diary looks good and I agree that with the exercise you need to eat more syns :) and the breakfast thing I think helped too especially with the shifts you work,I do 12 hour shifts and try and eat every 4 hours or so !!
Glad to see that the scales moved for you !! It's Defo deserved xx

I always have that from the Indian too as its no syns !! :)

Your diary looks good and I agree that with the exercise you need to eat more syns :) and the breakfast thing I think helped too especially with the shifts you work,I do 12 hour shifts and try and eat every 4 hours or so !!
Glad to see that the scales moved for you !! It's Defo deserved xx

Thanks, it has really helped me to write down everything in this diary, and the support from the forum has kept me motivated. It could have been so easy for me to say blow it, its not working, why am I bothering. I have said that in the past and given up but not this time. Hoping that I will be posting my first 1/2 stone loss on Thursday. :cross:

Day 6 of my diary

The weekend is over, back to work tomorrow :( and it will be an early start for me in the morning, up at 5am and not home until 8pm, a long day!! I will need to sort out my food for tomorrow this evening! As I don’t like eating a large meal late at night I will have my dinner meal at lunch, which also helps me last the day and stops me snacking during the drive home. But for now this is today’s menu.

Breakfast – magic porridge (35g oats – HexB) with muller light yogurt and frozen berries, left in the fridge overnight.

Lunch – a big bowl of Super Speed Soup with 2 oat cakes (5 syns)

Dinner – turkey curry served with a portion of rice and vegetables

Dessert – meringue nest (3 syns) with fruit berries and Greek Muller light yogurt (½ syn)

Snacks – pear, banana

Today’s exercise – I had planned to do a Body Step class this morning but I have twisted my back:argh: so a rest day today. Hopefully back to the gym on Tuesday.

Day 7 of my diary

Well, that was a typical Monday day at work :pcwhack:. Absolutely exhausted when I got home, so it was off to bed for an early night.

Breakfast – magic porridge (35g oats – HexB) with muller light yogurt and frozen berries, left in the fridge overnight.

Lunch – Quorn shepherd’s pie with portion of vegetables

Dessert – Muller light yogurt fruit and meringue nest (3 syns)

Dinner – leftover cold rice with some pieces of chicken

Snacks – pear, banana, clementine, 30g reduced fat cheese (5 syns)

Total syns for the day – 8

Today’s exercise – up early, home late no time to fit any exercise in

Lizzie your food diary look really good so hope you continue to have losses. It can be very demoralising when you STS.

Day 8 of my diary

Lunch – Super Speed soup

Dinner – Chicken and Pumpkin casserole (I used butternut Squash instead of pumpkin) SW chips and portion of vegetables.

Dessert – Muller light greek yogurt (½ syn)

Options chocolate drink – (2 syns)

Snacks – banana, apple, 2 oat cakes (5 syns), 25g reduced fat cheese (3½ syns)

Total syns for the day – 11

Today’s exercise – no exercise today as I am still resting my back but definitely back to the gym tomorrow morning.

Back