LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

What? 2lb on? Did you expect that? I thought you were doing alright this week.

Yes 2lbs on - no didn't expect it but as I hardly ate anything for much of last week - thought I'd have to go careful - but didn't - as I ate too much on 2 days - not had a good day today either but done the shopping and WILL get back on the wagon 2moro. Disappointed but can't expect to lose when I overeat!

I don't understand what is going on today. Why am I not hungry? Shall I just wait and see? What if I don't get hungry at all? Surely it's not good to fast? I feel thirsty. I have had four mugs of tea now. I haven't been drinking enough fluids lately.

Yes it's amazing how little food we need isn't it? Or perhaps I should say scary??

Here for a nosey, going to make a cuppa later and read your whole diary xx

Yes welcome - LJ has developed a lovely thread here and lots of info and support to be had!!

Thank you upndown, CJ and fat2go for your support. Very much appreciated. Sometimes words just don't convey enough...

I never knew before that real, lasting weight loss was going to be so much of an exercise in self analysis but now that we are here and doing the aforementioned self analysis I believe it will be the key to our success. Fat2go told me to 'keep talking'. That is the answer. Easy to say. Very hard to do on days where we are weak and struggling and the demon is on our back. But those days are equally important, possibly even more important. Those are the times when, if we can describe what is going on in our minds, we might come to a better understanding of ourselves and our behaviour.

And now I have an image in my mind of us marching along a road, banners waving, like soldiers, determined to win the war.... :)

Hup 1, 2, 3 - salute - are you the sergeant major then????

One hour to weigh in. Hunger still quite minor. Stomach stopped rumbling. No strong urge to eat anything. I wonder if I will feel hungrier tomorrow because of not eating much today?

I will have dinner after weigh in. Not planning to stay to the image therapy. I don't really like the group leader and there are far too many people in the group since the new year. It is worth it to me to pay the weekly fee just for the weigh ins and the access to the website. I should make a decision about what to eat....

Chicken curry from the freezer and either rice (i have one portion in the freezer) or SW chips in the air fryer. They are just so yummy!

I went on the website for a peep at the recipes the other day - and was surprised I had access to them! But only you know if it's worth the fee!?

Woohoo! 1.5lb off! YES!

Well done - I'm pleased for you - you've resisted temptation and knocked the demons on the head again this week - you're well on the way to your 2 stone now - yipeee!!

Humph.. 1/2lb on! Feeling a little disappointed and wondering where I went wrong.. Although I guess Friday night was the main culprit.

I am now confused.. If anyone can help me with this I'd be grateful!

So I got my last weeks food diary back.. With a note saying well done for getting back not track. But don't forget that it's 1/3 super free and 2/3 free. That I should try upping my free?? But surely if I'm eating more super free that's good? Right? Am I not eating enough? *confused*

LJ well done for your loss! Yes we will come for spicy food! Although if it's anything like my curries... My sibling probably won't like them...! Lol

I am impressed by your not eating unless your hungry. Although all I have had today is scrambled egg and beans for breakfast. A jacket potato with beans and cheese for lunch, and I just made a random pasta for tea.. With frozen Mediterranean veg, tinned tomatoes, garlic, spring onion and bacon. Then a little cheese on top.

Thank you CJ and littlemissnaughty (loving the name!). Don't know how it happened but very glad it did. On the February thread I have pledged to lose 6lb this month so I need to average 1.5lb a week. So far so good. :) Only 5.5lb to my 2st award. Imagine that!

I am planning my extra easy meaty week. Will shop tomorrow as I have an unexpected day off work. CJ suggested I go to Aldi for their cheap fruit. It's two towns away but as I will have time on my hands I think I will go and peruse their wares.

This afternoon I have scoured my SW recipe books and have found several things I want to try. There is a pasta and veg omelet to be eaten cold. That would be a good workday lunch. Sounds yummy and filling. Lots of other recipes that I will mention as I try them. I want to do some more batch cooking this weekend. Dinners and soup. I will make yet another batch of leek, potato and spinach soup. It's so good! Another loaf in my bread maker using organic wholemeal spelt flour will last me the week. I slice and freeze it as homemade bread goes stale fast. No nasty preservatives. Can't beat the taste of homemade bread. I never want to go back to shop bought bread now. Try it!

Here is the first half of the reply I was writing to fat2go. Second half will follow tomorrow....

Fat2go, interesting observations and i agree with much of it. Regarding my parents, I don't blame them, I believe they did the best they could. Later in my childhood, two siblings were born and my mother gave up work to stay at home with them. She began cooking lots of cakes, puddings, cookies (yum!) and the weight problems began in us all. Photos of my mother showed her extremely overweight. It must have been very hard for her to cope with a family at that time. This is the first time I have ever realised that! In my very early teens must have been when she began trying to lose weight by cutting out carbs which was the diet of the time. No potatoes, bread etc. Those were her favourite foods. It must have been torture.

By the age of 16 I was on my first diet attempt, one of copious numbers of different diets. I left home at 18 and the struggle with my weight has continued ever since. I realise now it was because I was eating the wrong things. Not huge amounts of food, just high calorie, low nutrient foods.

When CJ and her sister were young, I reached a horrifying 11st 2lb! LOL Look what I am now! I was walking our dog and was upset that I could feel the fat wobbling as I walked. I decided there and then to do something about it. The thing I decided to do was to start running. In secret. Normal clothes. With a dog in tow. There was a quarter mile pedestrian walkway along the route of an old railway line. That was my normal dog walking route. I began to jog/walk every morning. As it got easier I was able to jog further and faster and I found I was enjoying it! I started to feel better about myself, to have more energy, and to lose a little weight without even dieting. A few weeks later the whole family joined a local running club which we were part of for several years. I reached the point where I was hooked on running. Used to get up at 5.30am and run 7 miles every morning, returning before the rest of the family were stirring. On Sundays I ran 15 miles. I felt great!

Here is the first half of the reply I was writing to fat2go. Second half will follow tomorrow....

Fat2go, interesting observations and i agree with much of it. Regarding my parents, I don't blame them, I believe they did the best they could. Later in my childhood, two siblings were born and my mother gave up work to stay at home with them. She began cooking lots of cakes, puddings, cookies (yum!) and the weight problems began in us all. Photos of my mother showed her extremely overweight. It must have been very hard for her to cope with a family at that time. This is the first time I have ever realised that! In my very early teens must have been when she began trying to lose weight by cutting out carbs which was the diet of the time. No potatoes, bread etc. Those were her favourite foods. It must have been torture.

By the age of 16 I was on my first diet attempt, one of copious numbers of different diets. I left home at 18 and the struggle with my weight has continued ever since. I realise now it was because I was eating the wrong things. Not huge amounts of food, just high calorie, low nutrient foods.

When CJ and her sister were young, I reached a horrifying 11st 2lb! LOL Look what I am now! I was walking our dog and was upset that I could feel the fat wobbling as I walked. I decided there and then to do something about it. The thing I decided to do was to start running. In secret. Normal clothes. With a dog in tow. There was a quarter mile pedestrian walkway along the route of an old railway line. That was my normal dog walking route. I began to jog/walk every morning. As it got easier I was able to jog further and faster and I found I was enjoying it! I started to feel better about myself, to have more energy, and to lose a little weight without even dieting. A few weeks later the whole family joined a local running club which we were part of for several years. I reached the point where I was hooked on running. Used to get up at 5.30am and run 7 miles every morning, returning before the rest of the family were stirring. On Sundays I ran 15 miles. I felt great!

interesting - and I see more similarities between us eg: I was under 8 stone when I got married at 20 and a year later - shock horror I'd gone up to 9 stone and went to my first slimming club - I keep telling my hubby he's had good value with much more of me after 40 years - LOL

I also used to run for many years!

Bet I'm not the only one looking forward to part 2!!

Enjoy reading your progress stats until you smile and feel more positive about yourself LJ!

Maybe be can try running again when you are back LJ, I do quite like it. Although I can't really do any exercise with my foot, I am tempted.. I was quite addicted to the gym for a year, it helped me to loose the 2.5 stone before I started SW in Nov. Then my gym buddy left so I thought I'd buy myself a lovely treadmill and quit he gym, especially as the weather got colder.. Then as I was dragging it into place.. Dropped it on my foot.. Hence the now fractured foot! That was back in
august, so it's just been sitting there, being used as a kitty climbing frame lol I might give it a go with a slow walk, see how I get on. I'm fed up of not doing any exercise lol I feel so much better when I do!

Upndown how are you feeling about your gain? I am a little confused where to go with the coming week.. What I did wrong? What she means by eating more free? Lol argh.

I have just emailed my group leader to say help! I am confused lol I will let you know what she comes back with.

i forgot to pick up a food diary this week, so I am going to hijack LJs page and keep a track of my food diary here from tomorrow :) if you notice me not eating enough free or super free or something that could be causing my problem please let me know!

Back