LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Evening all!

sorry I have no posted for a little while, trying to shake off these germs. I was so tired I was fast asleep by 10pm last night. Feeling a little more human today, so I think I'm on the home stretch now!

LJ your meals look yummy. I must try making so Soup to take to work for lunch. I think I might turn into a jacket potato soon.. I've had one for lunch and tea for the last 2 days lol should I be having different things?? It won't adore to my weight will it? Lol

Upndown how are feeling now? It sounds like you are going to have such a hectic weekend with little Owen you won't have time to snack even if you wanted to! Hehe are you managing to stay off the scales between weigh Ins? Do you go to a group or just weigh from home?

I haven't stayed at group since LJ was here, it has been soooo busy, so many new people! It's a bit overwhelming, I don't fancy the idea of speaking in front of them all! So I just sneak in, weigh and go! Just the knowing I have to get on those scales helps, makes me think twice before eating anything! Even though no one else else sees your weight! Funny hey?

All my kitties are fast asleep around me, it's making me feel sleepy lol Although my foot is painful tonight, usually I don't have any pain unless I'm walking around, but keep getting pains in it just sitting here. To much walking today maybe.

Hearing your stories and knowing we are all in the same boat together really helps! I like checking how your days have gone getting ideas for meals.. Upndown I would like your curry recipe if I could?

LJ pears are cheap fruit, I got a bag from sainsburys for 79p. Or do you have an Aldi near you? They do cheap fruit. They have 5 cheap fruit and veg each week. Sometimes 49p! Bananas are cheap.. But I remember you saying you have trouble with those to. Maybe it's the amount of fruit? I ate a lot of fruit the that day and had a bit of tummy ache. Maybe more veg less fruit?

Soo glad it's the weekend! I must plan my meals out for next week, I should be better at cooking now I'm feeling better.

Question for you, that I was pondering earlier..

How do you know when your full?? I have the problem of wanting to eat everything on my plate.. And maybe I eat to fast. The linter I will feel stuffed. But then if I don't eat enough will I end up eating more because I go and snack more often on things??

I hope your all having a lovely on plan day :)

Hi everyone - I hope you've had a good day - but there's still time until the witching hour - so be careful - I'm typing this in bed cos I'm shattered (so no energy to go for a treat from the kitchen)!

LJ I loved your baggy trs post - I'm not at that stage yet but delighted to have got into my size 14 jeans - yes they're from that generously sized shop (M&S) and there's some stretch in the fabric - but the zip closed AND stayed closed and allowed me to breathe - so I'm chuffed!

Also loving the clever camera angles of the food - a good idea to spice up ur posts lol! On cheap fruit I agree with CJ - Aldi or Lidl or fresh food markets if you have one locally - I find seasoned raw tomatoes good too plus I think melons & pineapple at the shops are good value and they last a while once chopped in the fridge - but a pain to prepare (may burn a few more cals?)

I think it'd be a good idea to include wine on your plan - you enjoy it and you'll probably have it after you've hit goal - so enjoy it!

CJ glad to hear from you and pleased your feeling better - yes I really believe this site is powerful and it's the only the I've changed with this diet restart and here I am in week 4 feeling positive and pretty much on plan - unheard of previously for that long.

You mention 'fullness' I have a prob with that too - however big the meal - I'll give it a good go and don't seem to have the sense to know when enough's enough - so I switched to a smaller plate then I have a hot drink afterwards, then wait half an hour and allow myself 'seconds' if I really need more - but this far in - I haven't needed to.

On hungry days I'll plan a 3 course meal - soup - main course as above - then a low/no syn dessert.

I hope everyone has a good weekend - I'm bound to with young Owen here - we walked to the park today - he didn't want his pushchair - it's about half a mile away and when you think of the size of a 2 year old's feet - I can't imagine how steps it took him - so I burnt cals of there - but at that pace I probably 'earned' half a Ryvita!

We had a healthy lunch of ham salad and fruit - which he ate (he loves most things) then played in the garden - thank goodness for washing machine and tumble drier - lots of fun and giggles but I'm shattered!

I'm signing off now - I'm going to listen to a play on the radio - I'll probably be asleep before the theme tune ends! Try to stay on plan at the weekend - why is it harder on Sat & Sun?

Urgh. Really bad night. Very little sleep. And to top it all i have an eye infection. What's going on? Are we putting ourselves at the mercy of all the bugs flying around us? Are we depressing our immune systems? Actually now I think about it I read a fascinating book that explained how and why our immune systems are switched off when we are under stress. I am feeling very stressed right now. Must try to relax this weekend. Much of the stress I experience is not going to stop until my move. It's just part of my life right now. That is a major factor in my decision to plan the fresh start. Complete change of lifestyle. I know it's what I need or I will not survive!

If I don't get a move on I will be late for work and that will not do! Have a great day all!

Upndown, size 14...... *dream*
Dream on, LJ. You have a long way to go before you fit into a size 14.
But you WILL do it. :)

You will be a size 14 before you know. Those pounds are melting away as we speak :)

Thank you, CJ. :)

What is everyone having for dinner tonight? I am having a chicken joint thing that has been in my freezer since before SW. Time to use it up to make space for other things. Having it with boiled baby potatoes in their skins and some frozen mixed veg, carrots, broccoli, peas and cauliflower. I'm cooking extra potatoes for another day.

Went shopping today to stock up on ff yogurts and fruit. Bought muller greek yogurts because they were on offer at the co-op, some cheese, milk, tangerines, bananas, blueberries and grapes. I really think this way of eating is cheaper than my old way so I treated myself to some nice fruit and am not going to eat apples anymore. Also bought one bottle of white wine to drink over the weekend. Speak later!

Not sure what to have tonight, I had a late lunch of a McCain jacket with beans and cheese and salad, so now I'm still at full!

I have just been shopping, I bought some smash! Lol so might have that with something later. Or may just have a big fruit salad and yogurt instead.

Tomorrow I am going to try making my very first soup! I am trying Leek and potato on LJs recommendation, also I'm trying a tomato soup I saw on another thread..

You can make your own FREE tomato soup. It's not as nice as the synful Heinz but a great substitute.

1 tin baked beans
2 tins tomatoes
1 tin carrots (small tin)
1 pickled onion

Heat them all up and blend once it's hot. I usually put in a bit if Worcestershire sauce as well.

sounds good and easy and free! I'll let you know how that goes!

Hi All - hope everyone's had a good day - cj and LJ you seem on track and I
may try the syn free Tom soup - sounds good!

I've had a busy day as well as our young house guest, I helped to clear up my mum in law's house after builders have repaired it after a flood - hope it burnt a few cals!

I still have no appetite - had fruit for b'fast &lunch - a small SW roast chicken dinner and 5 syn choc freddo.

lj yes 14 is a dream - my size 14 Wallis, sainsbury and sale bargain laura ashley jeans are way too small but I checked the aforementioned m&s ones and yes they are straight leg 14s with 2% elastane - they fit but not a good look and for now only to be worn in the house!

enjoy Sunday and have a good SW day.

Sounds like it is stress to me - I know how tough work can be plus you're living so far from ur Mum. I'm sure ur healthy eating is helping also the walking.

I used to have a stressful job - my time was shared between 2 offices 300 miles apart, long hours plus lots of other travel - very interesting but in the end I took vol redundancy I had over 20 years' service so I was fortunate.

But prior to leaving, I used to try to relieve stress with exercise immediately after work foll by lavender infused baths with candles and a nice tea (even if it was a ready meal at times) foll by some choc - I used to try to do few mins of yoga in the mornings too - when I managed to do it - I think it helped. When things really got tough I used to use Bach's flower remedies and replaced tea and coffee with fruit teas.

Perhaps you could think about some anti stress solutions - like your ccountdown to your move - take care

Found your diary too hun, Hope you are having a good day.

CJ32 That soup sounds yummy :) xxxx

Good afternoon my slimmer than you were yesterday chums!

How has everyone's day been?

I have been making soup! I just made the tomato soup from that recipe.. Yummy! I did add some mixed herbs and salt and pepper and used branston beans, I recommend it and it's syn free! I also tried LJs leek and potato soup.. Equally as yummy! So now I have 10 portions of soup to freeze :)

What's for tea? I think I will have chilli and rice!

upndown I managed to leave some of my lunch today, I could of easily finished it because it was tasty, but I didn't need it. So I left it :) *smug for beating the plate* lol now if I can just do that all the time..

Evening everyone! Upndown, thank you for your suggestions about reducing stress. I will give that some consideration for sure. My countdown to the move is going faster than I thought. 189 days to go. I just have to hang on till then.

It's been a weird day today. I kind of don't do well on non-work days. Sometimes I just rattle around in my flat, trying to get motivated to DO something. I am normally so busy that I don't know what to do with a day off. I got up late this morning, pottered about, discussed recipes with CJ and before I knew it it was lunchtime. So i missed breakfast and had my normal soup and bread. That was followed by breakfast of yogurt and fruit. LOL! This afternoon I sipped the second half of my bottle of wine and then for dinner I just had left over chicken, boiled potatoes and baked beans. Only one more tin of those yucky beans to go.

CJ and I were discussing the stopping when you are hungry thing because I ate ALL the chicken and potatoes left from yesterday and now I feel uncomfortable. Why didn't I just stop? I think I know the answer. When I was young, mealtimes were pretty unpleasant occasions. I was not allowed to leave the table unless my plate was empty, whether I wanted to eat it or not, whether it was food I hated or not. I dreaded mealtimes to be honest. I also dreaded the hunger pains I often got because it was just too long between meals for me. I think i was in the habit of eating too much and too often before I started SW because I am afraid of being hungry. I need to feel relaxed about allowing myself to get a little hungry.

So many eating issues to work on. But it's good. All good.

Hi everyone and welcome to Jules 1981 and Texty F!

I enjoyed reading today's posts and hoping as always that all this good stuff is sinking into my grey matter!

ooh have to sign off as our grandson is crying for bed - wahey - will post later if my energy bank allows!

I meant to say, I am going to try a green week after this next wi. Been perusing the SW books and want to give it a try. I went to SW for a bit about 25 or so years ago and did the green days every day. Lost a good amount of weight. That was before I developed this underactive thyroid though so it's harder now. For the same reason, I have persuaded myself that if I can average 1lb lost per week then I will be satisfied. I know it is going to take me a long time but its not like i am going to get to goal and then return to how I was eating before. I am going to stay on this eating plan forever. Well, that is my intention. It's the only way for me. So there is not going to be some sort of dramatic change when i reach goal, merely a change of focus to maintaining, so why be in a rush? If I lose slowly but steadily then by the time I feel I am at goal then I should have learned everything about myself and my relationship with food that i need to understand to be able to successfully maintain long term.

part 2 - apols for the interruption - Owen's in bed now - so am I! I'm driving him home 2moro if there's enough fuel in the energy tank 4 the 4 hour journey! He's lovely but we're shattered!

Lovely to read everyone's posts and welcome to Jules1981 and TextyF!

fat2go - glad u enjoyed ur day off and stayed on plan - wow & not using ur syns - impressive or what!

CJ - I must try ur tomato soup (& 10 more portions 2 go!) doesn't it feel 'naughty' to follow with a tasty main like chilli?

LJ I think many of us 50/60's children were brought up to clean our plates - leaving us with soooo many eating issues as you say.

Why not just chill on ur well deserved day off - can't remember fat2go's words but something on the lines that you do DESERVE to treat urself u know!!

Like ur laid back attitude to getting to goal too - I still feel it's a race to the finish (with myself of course) not sure if that's cos I don't have faith that I'll have the willpower for the long term - but if I don't it'll only all go back on again won't it - another issue to sort lol!

Good luck with ur green week - I find green days quite generous/filling cos I love carbs.

I still don't have much of an appetite but used up all my syns on - jelly sweets = 7 marshmallow = 3 freddo choc = 5 TOTAL 15 eeek!

Ate fruit again for b'fast and lunch then a small tea of leftover SW chicken roast dinner - which wasn't very appetising!

Good luck to everyone for a good day 2moro - next WI day is beckoning!

I'll try to pack some syn free snacks for the journey and take something for tea - in case my daughter in law (super duper cook and size 8) doesn't have any SW options after their break - well that's the plan anyway!!

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

upndown sounds like you have had fun with Owen :)

LJ22 i am also not in a rush to get to my goal, like you say I am not thinking of this as a diet but a whole lifestyle change.I will also be happy with a 1lb a week, slow and steady wins the race right.

Hope everyone is having a good eve.

xxxx

Have a great week all...I'm of to get weighed in an hour or so then a week of late shift :( boo hoo....

Back