LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Weigh in is so terrifying! It's on a par with taking your driving test.
I made a big pot of leek and potato soup this afternoon. Got nine portions out of it so i have enough to last the week and more. I also added frozen spinach. Tastes good!
My stomach is rumbling so loud now but I won't eat until I get home. Looking forward to egg and chips tonight. Yum!

Fat2go, on your thread you explained your feelings about your off days. I think that demon that pops up and knocks us sideways is always going to be there. I think we have to learn how to deal with him. We need to learn damage limitation. How to maybe be gentle with ourselves when we need to relax the control for awhile but somehow not allow things to get completely out of hand. Perhaps we will start to get a handle on that demon when we have dealt with him a few more times. He is never going to go away so we have to accept his presence and deal with the effects of his sabotage attempts.

Thank goodness for Minimins I say. As long as we can bring ourselves to post when we are struggling, then the support and encouragement will be there. I know that may not be easy though but let's all try. And next time the demon appears for any of us, let's try and remember how it happened and post about it and see if we can work out what is going on in our heads!

I hope your day went well today and that you are feeling positive again.

Upndown, just realised you got down to below the next stone! Woohoo! You must be thrilled with that!

Yes it's about 2 years since I was at my heaviest - 14st 2 I then went down to 10st 13 and I've yo-yo'd ever since - so chuffed to be in the 11s - even at the top end!

Fat2go, on your thread you explained your feelings about your off days. I think that demon that pops up and knocks us sideways is always going to be there. I think we have to learn how to deal with him. We need to learn damage limitation. How to maybe be gentle with ourselves when we need to relax the control for awhile but somehow not allow things to get completely out of hand. Perhaps we will start to get a handle on that demon when we have dealt with him a few more times. He is never going to go away so we have to accept his presence and deal with the effects of his sabotage attempts.

Thank goodness for Minimins I say. As long as we can bring ourselves to post when we are struggling, then the support and encouragement will be there. I know that may not be easy though but let's all try. And next time the demon appears for any of us, let's try and remember how it happened and post about it and see if we can work out what is going on in our heads!

I hope your day went well today and that you are feeling positive again.

Deep stuff LJ and very true!

Woohoo!! 2lb off AND 1.5st award AND Club 10 award. Nice!

I'm sooo pleased for u - told u u'd do it - u've been so good this week and all prepared for next week - enjoy ur well earned cuppa!!

Low fat oven chips, baked beans, baked eggs.
I broke the eggs into the oven tray with my chips about ten minutes from the end of cooking.
Fat free 'fried' eggs!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 15
2lbs off for me to!! Yay! My mission now is to be in the 10s by next weds! Just 2lbs and I'll be under... Oooh!

Well ill done everyone! Great losses this week. Upndown well done! Maybe it will stay off if you go crazy for super free this week.

It really does! I got my feedback on my food diary... She told me I can eat more? Lol Telling me to eat more... Seems wrong! There's me trying to manage smaller portions and she's saying eat more free and super free if I want lol

Well done for getting back on track Jules. If we just move on, then we can do this. Like you say it's when we let one day turn into a weekend.. Then a week.. Then month! I think we all have a little wobble at the start. I did over Xmas.

Woohoo!! 2lb off AND 1.5st award AND Club 10 award. Nice!

Well done you!!! How good do those awards look at the bottom of your thing....

I 'dry fry' my eggs all the time - the wonders of having a good frying pan lol but your dinner looks nice. I splashed out (after saving) for one of those acti fry things and have to say they are great. I par boil my chips for 4-5 mins before I cook them in acti fry with no oil--come out really crunchy!

Anyhoo- fantastic achievement for you, I hope you're very proud of yourself !!!!!!!

2lbs off for me to!! Yay! My mission now is to be in the 10s by next weds! Just 2lbs and I'll be under... Oooh!

Well ill done everyone! Great losses this week. Upndown well done! Maybe it will stay off if you go crazy for super free this week.

well done - brill to edging to the 10s! I'll take that tip - I keep forgetting about the power of superfree thx!

Confession time....

Oh no ... after a good WI and whilst still feeling groggy - my appetite returned!

Having had an ok eating day and got thro' 15 syns - as the evening went on - I munched my way thro choc biscuits and 2 cheese sandwiches - why?

Anyway - unlike my days of old - I'm back on plan this morning - thanks to this site - I'm now going to write out my food plan for the week.

Feel better having typed that and updated my blog ... so just got to get the food sorted and avoid the tempting but high syn stuff available at the Leisure Centre (ironic that they offer that stuff eh?) when I take granddaughter Poppy (aged 8) for her swimming lesson this afternoon!

Hope everyone had a better Weds evening than me and on plan today!

Well done for confessing, upndown. Draw a line and move on!
Good to hear you are back on plan today. Steer clear of those high syn snacks this afternoon. Take an apple or buy a banana there. Or maybe a big glass of something sugarfree and fizzy would do it.

I am feeling quite down in the dumps today. Is it something to do with weigh in? Is that why we both had a wobble? The good thing is that despite my mood I am not craving food at all. In fact my appetite is gone. That's not the way it usually works. I wish I could stay at home and hide today but I am working all day. I keep thinking of the negatives. How long it is till I move. Six months feels like six years today.

This, too, shall pass........

Anyone else have a negative reaction to the aftermath of weigh in?

Well done for confessing, upndown. Draw a line and move on!
Good to hear you are back on plan today. Steer clear of those high syn snacks this afternoon. Take an apple or buy a banana there. Or maybe a big glass of something sugarfree and fizzy would do it.

I am feeling quite down in the dumps today. Is it something to do with weigh in? Is that why we both had a wobble? The good thing is that despite my mood I am not craving food at all. In fact my appetite is gone. That's not the way it usually works. I wish I could stay at home and hide today but I am working all day. I keep thinking of the negatives. How long it is till I move. Six months feels like six years today.

This, too, shall pass........

Anyone else have a negative reaction to the aftermath of weigh in?

Hi and thanks - sorry to hear you're feeling down - it must be tough for you but each day takes you nearer and the 'new you' will be moving up there soon! As you say these downy feelings pass - just like my bingeing - hope you feel better as the day goes onx

Last edited:
Back