LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

I kind of lost interest in food today. I had planned to go to Tesco for some thai red curry paste to make prawn and mango curry but it was raining so hard and I was so cold that I just came straight home. I heated up some of the dahl I made last night and stirred it into the rest of the rice, also from last night, and that was my dinner. I followed it with a banana. Haven't eaten much today and not sure why my appetite is gone. I do feel tired too. I wonder if it's that winter SAD syndrome or is it lack of some sort of nutrient. Should I take some multivitamins for a few days?

Tomorrow I take delivery of a Philips Airfryer. Fat2go, it's your fault! Excited about it though. Been checking out recipes on Youtube. Amazing all the foods that can be cooked in it. It will save me waiting for and heating up my oven. Anyone else have one? I can foresee me getting a lot of use out of it even after I move when I am cooking for my mother as well. It will increase my repertoire of meals, save time, fuel costs, and be a healthy way to cook. Very low fat. My SW recipe folder is going to run into more than one volume I think!

How did everyone's day go? I know that CJ has just gone out for the evening but she is going to try and keep the syn level down. Upndown, I hope your afternoon was OK. Did you manage to stay on plan? Fat2go, your week of late shifts is over. Yay! Jules, sounds like you are on track for another good loss next week. Here is my intake for today.

Breakfast: Muller Light and a cup of tea with milk
Lunch: homemade soup, 60g homemade bread
Dinner: Dahl (2 syns), veg rice, banana
Drinks: sugarfree squash and diet coke, 1 cup of tea
Snacks: none

Failed on my green day. Only had one HexB and only a little milk in that one cup of tea for my HexA. Only 2 syns. It's not like me to not be wanting to eat! I do still have a sore mouth from the tangerine and the sore hand. That's not why I don't want to eat though. Tomorrow is a new day. Let's see what happens....
improv
Hi LJ - sorry to hear you're not yourself - it cd be the time of year as u say - at least ur still on plan though eh? Well your appetite might improve when the airfryer arrives - I don't have one but look forward to hearing your verdict.

whoops - hit post prematurely! Here's the remainder of my ramblings:

LJ pls be kinder to urself - u didn't fail on green day - u just changed ur mind - that's allowed isn't it?

Hope CJ that you have a good night out and that Jules has had a good day after that fantastic loss - you 2 fat2go - hope ur managing ur food on ur late shifts?

When I picked Poppy (aged 8) from school she asked for a Friday treat and we ended up in Costa Coffee - oooh the cakes - she had her treat and I had a coffee with skimmed milk! But my appetite still wobbly so can't take any credit!

Just got back from the rugby - Wales beat Italy in the under 21s 6 Nations Ch'ship. Also got some exercise as we parked half a mile from stadium - and do you think I burnt some cals with my hearty singing?? Hubby had a sausage bap from Welsh Farm food van - oooh the smell!

Food today:

b'fast - grapes + banana

lunch - mushrooms/frylight + bread HEB + 4 syns eeek!

tea - mushrooms/frylight + 1 rasher bacon

Banana and Freddo - 5 syns

Hope everyone has a good wkend

I'm sure you'll be ok LJ. I think this wet weather is getting to most of us. Honestly, it's just rained and rained here all bloody week :(

I've posted on my thread re a few things. I'm glad it's the weekend though- those late shifts are ok I suppose it's just difficult sorting out
when and what to eat.

Perhaps a glass of wine will perk you up? :) You have enough syns left over!!

Acti Fry...love mine and I'm sure you'll love yours too. My SW chips are truly lovely but there is so much you can (and will) do. I'm sure it's going to be well used!

I'm sure you'll be ok LJ. I think this wet weather is getting to most of us. Honestly, it's just rained and rained here all bloody week :(

I've posted on my thread re a few things. I'm glad it's the weekend though- those late shifts are ok I suppose it's just difficult sorting out
when and what to eat.

Perhaps a glass of wine will perk you up? :) You have enough syns left over!!

Acti Fry...love mine and I'm sure you'll love yours too. My SW chips are truly lovely but there is so much you can (and will) do. I'm sure it's going to be well used!

Good to hear that ur ok - even if u've got webbed feet with all the rain!

There is a blue sky outside this morning. The sun is shining. I feel lighter somehow. I am working until about mid afternoon today but after that I am FREE till Monday. Yeah! I plan to go to Tesco for the curry paste and a bottle of wine for my weekend treat :) Presuming that my airfryer arrives I am going to make the prawn and mango curry and chips. Got to test the airfryer with something easy! I have no bread left so I will make some of that too. Now that I slice and freeze it it lasts me a week. I have a half size breadmaker.

I have just eaten a banana for my breakfast. Still no appetite. Not worried though but I do have a scientific curiosity about the cause.

Have a great day all. See ya lata!

Upndown, looking at your food intake and mine, we both seem to be lacking in the HexA element. We need the calcium don't we. I know I am not eating enough dairy. I might think about weighing out some half portions of cheese to eat as a snack when I know I haven't had much milk.

I have some calcium tablets in my medicine cabinet. I might make myself have one of those on low HexA days. That will make me change my ways. They taste horrible! :)

Upndown, looking at your food intake and mine, we both seem to be lacking in the HexA element. We need the calcium don't we. I know I am not eating enough dairy. I might think about weighing out some half portions of cheese to eat as a snack when I know I haven't had much milk.

I have some calcium tablets in my medicine cabinet. I might make myself have one of those on low HexA days. That will make me change my ways. They taste horrible! :)

Yes well spotted Dr LJ! I shd take more calcium as I have osteopenia (pre cursor to osteoporosis) I have calc + vitamin D tabs on prescription but some days even forget to take them. Perhaps we shd keep an eye on each other? My grandmother and mother had osteoporosis it's a painful condition.

Hope ur air dryer arrives soon - playtime 4 u!

Last edited:
Afternoon chums!

Well.. First things first.. I have a Confession! I went out with the best intentions of keeping my syns low, I had no syns all day so I could have some in the evening... Then the thorntons liqueur appeared.. And it was game over lol I said to LJ this morning I think I may have exceeded my syns for the whole week lol! Oh well I am back on plan, been shopping and had a nice jacket potato with salad for lunch. I had a good time, so I will just move on and today is a new day :)

Jules....WOW! Well done on your loss! That's amazing. I bet your feeling pleased with that. Roll on next WI hehe Those raspberry muller lights are yummy!

LJ I agree the weather has been truly depressing this week, it's nice to have blue sky and sunshine today, I do feel much happier when the sun is out, even if it is freezing! Has your new toy arrived???

I wish I had your problem of not having your hexa... I love cheese!!! I end up having to syn cheese to, if I have it twice lol cheese cheese cheese! I never have my hexb, I have just been shopping. Meant to get some tinned fruit and dried fruit to have as my hexb, it was so busy in there I forgot. Although I forgot sawdust to the piggy won't be happy with me! So I'll be popping in later again. So I will try and remember to get some then.

I was going to try cooking the donner meat this weekend, I got the mince.. Then that was on offer so got sucked I with £10 of that.. Then I needed the spices and things, which was another £5... Then I decided.. I'm not sure - kebab is worth £15 lol so put it all back hehe another day I will try when I need more mince anyway! I'm trying to eat up stuff in the freezer first.

P.s I was just reading fat2go's latest update and it reminded me!

I had an exciting moment, I had jeans on last night and they felt a bit loose round the middle, so I found a belt I've had for ages, put it on... But it was to big! I had to make another hole in it so I could make it fit hehe it's little things like that that make you realise you are actually getting smaller :)

P.s I was just reading fat2go's latest update and it reminded me!

I had an exciting moment, I had jeans on last night and they felt a bit loose round the middle, so I found a belt I've had for ages, put it on... But it was to big! I had to make another hole in it so I could make it fit hehe it's little things like that that make you realise you are actually getting smaller :)

... does the song go ...it's a wonderful feeling .....

Afternoon chums!

Well.. First things first.. I have a Confession! I went out with the best intentions of keeping my syns low, I had no syns all day so I could have some in the evening... Then the thorntons liqueur appeared.. And it was game over lol I said to LJ this morning I think I may have exceeded my syns for the whole week lol! Oh well I am back on plan, been shopping and had a nice jacket potato with salad for lunch. I had a good time, so I will just move on and today is a new day :)

Jules....WOW! Well done on your loss! That's amazing. I bet your feeling pleased with that. Roll on next WI hehe Those raspberry muller lights are yummy!

LJ I agree the weather has been truly depressing this week, it's nice to have blue sky and sunshine today, I do feel much happier when the sun is out, even if it is freezing! Has your new toy arrived???

I wish I had your problem of not having your hexa... I love cheese!!! I end up having to syn cheese to, if I have it twice lol cheese cheese cheese! I never have my hexb, I have just been shopping. Meant to get some tinned fruit and dried fruit to have as my hexb, it was so busy in there I forgot. Although I forgot sawdust to the piggy won't be happy with me! So I'll be popping in later again. So I will try and remember to get some then.

I was going to try cooking the donner meat this weekend, I got the mince.. Then that was on offer so got sucked I with £10 of that.. Then I needed the spices and things, which was another £5... Then I decided.. I'm not sure - kebab is worth £15 lol so put it all back hehe another day I will try when I need more mince anyway! I'm trying to eat up stuff in the freezer first.

confession's good for the soul they say - and glad you can draw a line under it - I'm glad we have this thread to be able to do that - thxLJ - hope CJ you go on to have a good week - and everyone else too (inc lurkers!)

Woohoo for fitting in to smaller clothes! Well done CJ and Fat2Go! Well done CJ for starting afresh today. That's my girl :)

My new toy has arrived! Haven't unpacked it yet. I did buy a bag of Maris Pipers to make homemade chips later but first I need to put some bread on to cook in my breadmaker. I can't live without my bread. Yum!

I now have all the ingredients for the prawn and mango curry so I am looking forward to making that. In the meantime I am sitting with a nice glass of white wine watching cooking tv.

LJ - glad ur new plaything has arrived - let us know how u get on! Hope Jules, CJ and fat2go (and anyone reading this) have had 'good days'. Posting my food early as I'm not hungry and hope that I've eaten my last morsel today!

B'FAST - mullerlight and banana

LUNCH - toast - HEB cheese - HEA (thanks to LJ!) and tomatoes
banana
low fat drink choc - 2 syns

SNACK - apple

TEA - Rosemary Conley's chilli (hope that's not a swear word here! I did confess I've been on every diet known to man (and woman!) I do find RC's recipes are very tasty and can be found online without passwords etc.

Half rice and half chips (Nigella's recipe - like SW's but she puts cut potatoes in cold water and stops cooking when water boils - then lays the chips on S & P and herbs - then cook as SW - yum yum!

hot choc - 2 syns

TOTAL SYNS = 4

DRINKS - fruit teas and water

Last edited:
Airfried chips with SW Prawn and Mango Curry. Yum!
The airfryer definitely gets my vote.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 21
The curry wasn't as good as I hoped. Partly my fault. Instead of the big juicy expensive king prawns I used a bag of sainsburys basics little diddy prawns and only half the ampunt in the recipe. The sauce was really tasty but very thin. I prefer curry to have a thicker sauce.

I liked the flavour of it and the mango was nice. Next time I am going to add some cornflour to thicken the sauce and use white fish chunks instead of prawns. I think that would be nicer.

The chips were really lovely. They had a hint of the taste of jacket potatoes and were just great! So easy to make with the airfryer and no waiting for the oven to heat up. I am looking forward to trying other foods in it.

Upndown, I know that CJ will agree with me that Rosemary Conley's recipes are nice. We did the RC diet years ago. There was one fav recipe I recall that was chicken kebabs basted with a mix of tomato sauce and brown sauce. I probably have a RC cookbook in my cupboard somewhere. Was the chilli syn free? Did it taste good? I would be interested to try it.

Oh and I had the most amazing Cheeseburger at lunch....Extra lean mince, herbs and spices, egg and some scan bran all mixed together and slow fried...Big wholemeal roll with lettuce, cheese and extra light mayo ... so good :) And same again tomorrow!!

Back