LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

It has been soooo windy here but blue sky and sunshine which was nice. I'm not a great gardener but I decided enough is enough lol it is still a work in progress, but if I try and do a little at a time I will get there.. Before summer starts and it all grows again :)

I am so looking forward to having a garden again. Oh and people, CJ has said I can start a veg patch with her in her garden. Not really space in my mothers garden for veg but will be growing herbs for sure. Next year CJ.... Can't beat home grown veg and salad. Good exercise too.

I am so looking forward to having a garden again. Oh and people, CJ has said I can start a veg patch - with her in her garden. Not really space in my mothers garden for veg but will be growing herbs for sure. Next year CJ.... Can't beat home grown veg and salad. Good exercise too.

u'll be able 2 do radish, lettuce and fast growing stuff in August to October if we're blessed with mild weather - as u say can't beat the taste or the price! but I have no luck with beetroot, carrots and other root stuff!

u'll be able 2 do radish, lettuce and fast growing stuff in August to October if we're blessed with mild weather - as u say can't beat the taste or the price! but I have no luck with beetroot, carrots and other root stuff!

We can experiment and find things that we can grow successfully. It's going to be fun!

We can experiment and find things that we can grow successfully. It's going to be fun!

yes & only 175 days and a few hours to go!

Hehe I'm excited!

just had a thought - with u being a perfectionist - you'll probably be exhibiting at the Chelsea Flower show 2015!!

Ha! LOL

On top of that CJ, her sister and I are planning a new, part time business. We are gonna be busy busy bees. :)

wow that's exciting and something to look forward to!

Yes lots to look forward to!

We did try potatoes, they grew quite well,although we planted them late. So we only got a small bowl of potatoes.. That were enough to make a potato salad :) but if we start them at the right time they will be great! Carrots would be good to, Toffee (the guinea pig) will like fresh carrots whenever she likes!

Yeah what is couscous cake, upndown?

It's a lovely substitute for sponge cake - I'll send the recipe if you'd like it - I'm typing this in bed - listening to radio online.

It's made with couscous (obviously) egg, something to flavour it I used a lemon today, yogurt, quark or fromage frais - you also add lemon curd - which adds syns if it's shop bought but I have a recipe for a syn free version - made with fromage frais, sweetener, lemon and egg.

There are a no. of versions of the basic recipe - the one I used today turned out ok but I have made better ones - not sure if it was me or the recipe I chose - probably me - not that interested in cooking -just the eating!

I've just googled it now and found a banana version and know there's orange, mincemeat, choc orange - as you enjoy cooking you could probably come up with other versions. It keeps well in the fridge.

Some people say because the couscous is mixed with other ingredients then baked - that it's not being eaten in the form it's manufactured for - it's not free and needs to be synned. But I've eaten it over the years and lost weight.

I'd agree if I was baking/eating one or more a day but I use it as a treat and just have a slice (ok a big one) a day. But don't let me take you down the naughty upndown route!!

The couscous cake sounds good! Especially banana! I love banana flavoured anything! Hehe i will have a look at recipes.

i just had some pudding a toffee (i think its a shape desert or something similar) 5 syns with chopped banana. Just like banoffee pie!

Back