LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Having a late night - watching Bridget Jones' Diary - that scene with her big knickers has stopped me from raiding the cupboards I think!!

Good morning peeps. I am feeling bruised and battered from the inside today. After eating my hot chillified veg tagine for dinner last night the chilli attacked me! Oh the pain the pain. It lasted until after 1am. All I could do was lay in bed and wait for it to go off. As much as I like the dish, I must dispose of all the remaining portions. Can't go through that again. It's the same as last time I ate it but this time it was worse. Even this morning it feels like there is a red hot football inside my stomach.

I am going to eat yogurt and fruit for breakfast despite no hunger because I will be out working until probably 2pm with no opportunity to eat. I will have soup and bread for lunch. Not sure about dinner yet as I may be working late. Play it by ear.

Only two days to WI. Only one day for you, fat2go! Keep going everybody. We can do this! Let's combine losses this week and see how much we lose between us.

Have you ever filled a bag with tins or something equivalent to the weight you have lost when you are dieting? It's quite shocking how heavy that bag gets. I always feel amazed that I was carrying that much around every second of every day. No wonder being overweight is so tiring! A tin of beans is about a pound. It would need a strong bag to carry 22 tins. I am so glad that those 22 tins have been dropped off my body. That's why I can now walk up the two flights of stairs to my flat in one go without dying. I have a LOT more tins to go. I will be floating by the time I reach goal! :)

Good morning peeps. I am feeling bruised and battered from the inside today. After eating my hot chillified veg tagine for dinner last night the chilli attacked me! Oh the pain the pain. It lasted until after 1am. All I could do was lay in bed and wait for it to go off. As much as I like the dish, I must dispose of all the remaining portions. Can't go through that again. It's the same as last time I ate it but this time it was worse. Even this morning it feels like there is a red hot football inside my stomach.

I am going to eat yogurt and fruit for breakfast despite no hunger because I will be out working until probably 2pm with no opportunity to eat. I will have soup and bread for lunch. Not sure about dinner yet as I may be working late. Play it by ear.

Only two days to WI. Only one day for you, fat2go! Keep going everybody. We can do this! Let's combine losses this week and see how much we lose between us.

Have you ever filled a bag with tins or something equivalent to the weight you have lost when you are dieting? It's quite shocking how heavy that bag gets. I always feel amazed that I was carrying that much around every second of every day. No wonder being overweight is so tiring! A tin of beans is about a pound. It would need a strong bag to carry 22 tins. I am so glad that those 22 tins have been dropped off my body. That's why I can now walk up the two flights of stairs to my flat in one go without dying. I have a LOT more tins to go. I will be floating by the time I reach goal! :)

Sorry to hear u've been suffering and hope ur feeling better by now - better news on the yogurt front - I may dig my yog maker out of the cupboards!!

Smiled at ur idea of putting tins in bags - yes think of all the weight for our poor bones eh?

I'm off out tonight - to meet a friend - I think it's the first time since I restarted here - even rang the restaurant so know what I'm going to have and plan to stay on plan.

Looking forward to reading ur posts when I get back!

Just remembered ur question about the scales - I'm afraid I'm still on and off them!

That is so organised of you to phone ahead and know that you can stay on plan despite going out to eat, upndown. Go you!

I had a busy work day and stayed on plan.

Breakfast: yogurt and mango
Mid Morning Snack: banana
Late lunch: soup and bread
Afternoon snack: grapes

Haven't decided whether to eat dinner yet. Not really hungry and my hands are so sore. The eczema is getting worse. Knuckles of both hands and palms of both hands are dry, cracked and sore.

Hi Everyone - had a lazy morning then did some visiting this afternoon - so just been catching up on everyone's posts - OH says I'm hooked and he's right - but how often is it that things u enjoy - do u good??!!

LJ - hope ur premonition for good WI's for us all comes to fruition. Like u all I've had a good day too but can't take all the credit - explanation later.

What a nuisance ur eczema is - didn't realise fruit was so toxic and with CJ also suffering too - must be in the genes as well as a love of gadgets!

Yogurt sounds good and I'm sure u'll perfect it soon - I think that's the difference between a mediocre cook (like me) and good ones (u and CJ) the first just follows the recipe to the letter and lives with the result - the 2nd adapts it and turns an ok dish into something special!

I have been on a Vibe Plate thing - as the name suggests it wobbles until u think ur fillings will fall out - only joking - but it does wobble and at various speeds - highest setting almost damages ur fillings LOL. I found it effective - I think I bought a course of 10 or so just b4 a hol - all the girls at work were raving about it - and it definitely toned my body.

Went to a friend's today and she showed me an article about relieving the pain of arthritis in Woman's Weekly - one of the things was that research had proved that yoga provides relief - I think it was a recent copy. Realise exercise will have to wait until u feel stronger - which will hopefully be soon when your body feels it's had a good feed!

CJ yes I'm ok at collecting recipes but the results often disappoint - altho' RC's beef & ale stew turned out ok.

Glad ur day's been good and u got a walk in - do u find that exercise and being on plan go hand in hand?

Bet ur glad ur Mum's coming up soon - maybe u can hold a garden party - no not for ur Minimins friends - April's a great time to start planting and sowing - and Feb/Mar good opportunity to burn off the cals by preparing the ground! Ready for ur Mum to help with the planting/sowing LOL

I bought lots of seeds from Lidl this week for under a pound, cheapest were under 20p a pack - I'm more an enthusiastic gardener than a good one - we don't have a big patch but it's my domain as OH has no interest - he was even happy for me to dig up part of the lawn for a small veg plot! I like to grow stuff that's expensive in the shops and easy to grow - like salad, herbs, peas, beans etc. The mizuna (a Japanese salad leaf) I sowed last September is going strong - and will withstand a light frost!

fat2go - Glad ur sounding fully committed and up for a good WI this week - so much to aim for - it's motivating isn't it! I'm going to try ur sweet & sour - but guess the meat isn't covered in batter the way I like it? Never mind it sounds good without it! I'll post on ur thread later.

Jules - hope ur ok - give us a shout if u need support - loads to be had here!

My food intake follows but need to explain that I have a problem with my throat - you'll laugh at the medical term - it's Globus Sensation (sounds like a sex toy or something to me) but that's better than the term I was given when I was diagnosed 30 years ago - Globus Hystericus!!

It manifests itself by having a sensation of something stuck in ur throat - it's there all the time & makes swallowing, even saliva, uncomfortable - there's no known treatment - it first occurred when I had my third child - I'd had a diff pregnancy and almost lost the baby. Luckily I don't get it often.

It can occur when stressed and colds exacerbate it - so with dealing with my late parents' house plus having this bug for over 3 weeks is the likely reason - but at least it's helping me stay on track!

B'fast - an orange

Snack - choc biscs - 5 syns (funny how I can manage those dry things!)

Tea - RC Beef and Beer Stew - didn't syn yest but need to count them as it inc 500ml of beer 8 syns - made 8 portions so 2 syns for today + yest

HEA - ss milk - HEB not used (yet)

Total Syns = 7

May have some couscous cake later - hope everyone has had a good day today and stays on plan 2moro.

I do find eating better makes me want to exercise, eating rubbish makes me wanna lounge lol! I really want to get on the treadmill again, but just eaten and my foot has been hurting a little so giving it a rest.

Your throat thing doesn't sound pleasant, I get a similar kind of thing if I eat lots of ice cream, feels like there's something there but you swallow and it doesn't go. It usually goes by the nest day, but it is not nice!

I will have to get some tips from you when I brave the back garden.. It's a bit of a jungle lol! I am determined to tackle it this year.

I do find eating better makes me want to exercise, eating rubbish makes me wanna lounge lol! I really want to get on the treadmill again, but just eaten and my foot has been hurting a little so giving it a rest.

Your throat thing doesn't sound pleasant, I get a similar kind of thing if I eat lots of ice cream, feels like there's something there but you swallow and it doesn't go. It usually goes by the nest day, but it is not nice!

I will have to get some tips from you when I brave the back garden.. It's a bit of a jungle lol! I am determined to tackle it this year.

I kind of have the opposite thing. If I exercise then I want to eat properly.

And icecream? Icecream or hot steam from a shower triggers my asthma.

I know someone who has the lump in the throat thing. I had no idea it had a name.

Soon I will have a garden to potter in. It's going to be lovely after living in a flat for all these years. I miss having outside space of my own.

I am watching I see a year to save my life. They are inspiring! As are my minimins chums :) it's amazing how loosing weight can change other things and not just how you look!

I have been 100% on plan today! even though I've had a hideous day at work! A boss that does not hide his bad moods and stress!!

Breakfast 2 small bananas 1/2 a shape yogurt (it was a bit to cold for first thing in the morning lol)
Jacket potato with beans and cheese (hexa)
snack blueberries
Tea Moroccan meatballs in tomato sauce, added peppers. Rice with peas and green beans. It was actually a smaller portion that I would have usually dished up.. Was the last of the rice lol! But it was just right.

might treat myself to a mug cake for pudding :)

do far no syns...! I'm either all or nothing lol

LJ I have tried a wobble board thing, it was like being slowly turned into a jelly lol! It's supposed to be good. If it's what I'm thinking. You stand and do different exercises on it and it intensifies it so you squat.. But it's like doing loads of squats. It wibbles your muscles.

People at the gym used it a lot.

Sorry to hear ur foot's painful - 2 much 2 soon maybe - take it easy then try again - it must be frustrating for u.

Yes agree that exercise and healthy eating go hand in hand - excess carbs turn me into a grouchy couch potato.

Happy to try and give u tips but remember I only grow simple stuff - so u'll need to google for the rest!

Yes throat thing is a nuisance - is urs an allergy? I used to be embarrassed about mine when I was younger!!

Hope u've had a good day and have another one 2moro.

I am watching I see a year to save my life. They are inspiring! As are my minimins chums :) it's amazing how loosing weight can change other things and not just how you look!

I have been 100% on plan today! even though I've had a hideous day at work! A boss that does not hide his bad moods and stress!!

Breakfast 2 small bananas 1/2 a shape yogurt (it was a bit to cold for first thing in the morning lol)
Jacket potato with beans and cheese (hexa)
snack blueberries
Tea Moroccan meatballs in tomato sauce, added peppers. Rice with peas and green beans. It was actually a smaller portion that I would have usually dished up.. Was the last of the rice lol! But it was just right.

might treat myself to a mug cake for pudding :)

do far no syns...! I'm either all or nothing lol

Boo to nasty bosses!

Well done earning another HONK! Do u find that the less u eat the less u want (well sometimes anyway?)

Ur Moroccan meatballs sound good mmmmm!

Hope the boss gets out of the right side of the bed 2moro!

LJ I have tried a wobble board thing, it was like being slowly turned into a jelly lol! It's supposed to be good. If it's what I'm thinking. You stand and do different exercises on it and it intensifies it so you squat.. But it's like doing loads of squats. It wibbles your muscles.

People at the gym used it a lot.

ooooh like the idea of a wobble board that wibbles! But not sure I'd stay upright for long!

the vibe plate thing I went on was an electric powered wobbly thing - with handle bars to help u to stay on!!

I kind of have the opposite thing. If I exercise then I want to eat properly.

And icecream? Icecream or hot steam from a shower triggers my asthma.

I know someone who has the lump in the throat thing. I had no idea it had a name.

Soon I will have a garden to potter in. It's going to be lovely after living in a flat for all these years. I miss having outside space of my own.

Gosh fancy ice cream or hot showers triggering asthma - aren't our bodies fragile sometimes. Perhaps u've not heard the throat thing name cos like me people are too embarrassed to use the silly names!!

Yes I'm sure you'll enjoy the garden it satisfying, body magic and reduces ur food bill - I reckon I save pounds on herbs and salad stuff alone.

Hope u've had a good day and the final day b4 WI goes well too!

That is so organised of you to phone ahead and know that you can stay on plan despite going out to eat, upndown. Go you!

I had a busy work day and stayed on plan.

Breakfast: yogurt and mango
Mid Morning Snack: banana
Late lunch: soup and bread
Afternoon snack: grapes

Haven't decided whether to eat dinner yet. Not really hungry and my hands are so sore. The eczema is getting worse. Knuckles of both hands and palms of both hands are dry, cracked and sore.

Found this after I wrote previous comment! Can see now u'v had another v low day. But sorry to hear ur eczema is worsening - do u have any cream to soothe it?

Well I've had a busy day and a lovely evening out with an old college friend - who I don't see often but when we meet up - we pick up from where we left off at our last meeting.

Just got in and enjoyed reading ur posts - but sorry that CJ's foot is painful and LJ's eczema's worsening - hope both are better 2moro.

Read fat2go's post and bet u'll have a brilliant WI 2moro.

Jules - hope ur ok??

I had a light day b4 the meal out - it's hard to syn other people's cooking isn't it? But here's how it went:

No b'fast

lunch - ham, salad & mushrooms, small portion of yogurt and defrosted berries

snack - an orange

restaurant tea - roast cod, samphire, green beans, new potatoes

dessert - waffle and 1 scoop ice cream (passed on the butterscotch sauce to save syns!)

coffee came with 1" square of flapjack, which went down the hatch b4 I considered the syn value!

fruit tea, water, 1 Tia Maria 41/2 syns (oooh), diet coke

Can't really accurately count the syns - but I've had a light week so far and will try to be extra good 2moro!

Good to hear you had a nice evening out with your friend, upndown, and to stay on plan too is so good! I hope your throat problem has resolved for now so that you could enjoy it. The meal sounds nice apart from the samphire. I would eat it but not that keen.

CJ I am making garden plans in my mind already. It's a bit soon considering I won't be able to start until the season is nearly over! Perhaps i can get some herbs started though. My mother has a small lean-to greenhouse that can be utilised if necessary and a gazillion large pots in the garden, full of flowers. I think herbs might do well in pots and maybe even the salad leaves mentioned by upndown? There should be some space for a few veg somewhere in the flower beds. The garden has been a bit neglected the last several years so could do with a rethink.

I didn't eat dinner last night. I was so tired from the bad previous night and had a burning feeling in my stomach all day. I ended up having some banana and yogurt which was soothing, and the last glass of wine. No more wine, LJ, till the weekend! Grrrr...

I went to bed before 8pm and have slept alright and my stomach has recovered now. It is 4.45am and I am awake. Must try to sleep a bit longer. My alarm goes off at 7.30am. CJ recommended some cream for my hands. I want to try and find time to get some tomorrow and I hope that they will improve if I abstain from eating chilli.

Hope you are feeling better today LJ -

I've booked the rest of the week off- need a break from the office right at this moment in time.

Weigh in day for me :/

Thanks fat2go, I am feeling a lot better today. Just had fruit and yogurt breakfast although I wasn't feeling like eating it. As usual I will be out for several hours so I felt it best to force it down.

You will be fine at weigh in today. You know you have had a great week on plan! We are all waiting to clap you on your return!

Something wonderful happened overnight. Last night I hunted out what hand cream I had around the flat. Found a jar of almond and pistachio oil body butter. Smothered that on my hands before bedtime. This morning my hands feel so much better! Going to put some more on after I write this and hope the improvement continues.

Have a good, on plan day, everyone. Weigh day tomorrow for the rest of us. We are nearly there! :)

Hope you are feeling better today LJ -

I've booked the rest of the week off- need a break from the office right at this moment in time.

Weigh in day for me :/

Hope u enjoy ur time off - sometimes that's a necessity rather than an indulgence isn't it?? Everything crossed for ur WI - but u've had another good week so it's down to ur hard work not luck eh?

Thanks fat2go, I am feeling a lot better today. Just had fruit and yogurt breakfast although I wasn't feeling like eating it. As usual I will be out for several hours so I felt it best to force it down.

You will be fine at weigh in today. You know you have had a great week on plan! We are all waiting to clap you on your return!

Something wonderful happened overnight. Last night I hunted out what hand cream I had around the flat. Found a jar of almond and pistachio oil body butter. Smothered that on my hands before bedtime. This morning my hands feel so much better! Going to put some more on after I write this and hope the improvement continues.

Have a good, on plan day, everyone. Weigh day tomorrow for the rest of us. We are nearly there! :)

Glad to hear ur feelingbetter - the cream was a good find - hope it sorts ur hand out quickly. Yes WI 2moro - so aiming to be extra good today because I don't know how many extra syns I had in last night's food - and don't have much of an appetite anyway. Have a good day everyone!

Back