LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Drum roll.... 1lb loss! Yay! I am happy with that. I am now at my lowest :D Every 1lb off now is my new lowest hehe

I read read the scales wrong and thought I'd put on 1lb! So said noooooo, then saw her write -1 lol

Well done everyone!! Good weight loss for all. I am happy to be back on track!

LJ sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. A nice early night will revive you so you can fight the nasty eye infection and your tummy will be all fixed.. I can just tell :) Then you'll be ready to start your next week for another big loss! I have a feeling you might win our bet ;)

Upndown well done! That's an amazing loss! I bet you couldn't believe your eyes! Do you feel smaller? Hehe

Fat2go well done to you to! Amazing loss and all those shiny stickers! I bet they look great on your book :)

Wow ur lowest weight that must be a great feeling plus u'll soon be in the 10s - exciting stuff!

Funny that u thought u'd put on - why do those scales put the frighteners on us??

I do feel a bit smaller - clothes beginning to feel looser is a good sign!!

Yes Team LJ has had a good week - HUP 2, 3, 4!!

Wow ur lowest weight that must be a great feeling plus u'll soon be in the 10s - exciting stuff!

Funny that u thought u'd put on - why do those scales put the frighteners on us??

I do feel a bit smaller - clothes beginning to feel looser is a good sign!!

Yes Team LJ has had a good week - HUP 2, 3, 4!!

It it is a nice feeling! I hope next week I'll make it into the 10s hehe

Loose clothes is also a great feeling! We are all on our way down :)

My food for today..

Breakfast 2 small bananas (bought some bigger ones today lol!)

Lunch potato with beans and cheese (hexa)

snack banana

Tea rustic chips (2.5 syns), chilli with peppers, frozen chopped carrot, peas and brocolli and cauliflower with salad leaves and cucumber! Mayo (1syn but only had half of it).

3.5 syns today.

i am trying to cut down on the extra cheese so I can have more fun things lol!

I fancy those rustic chips - not bad for 2.5 syns but how many do u get for that I wonder??

I usually treat myself on WI day - but today my treats have been SW friendly - could I be getting the hang of things after all this time (I daren't speak too soon tho')

Here's how my day went:

Brunch - bacon, bread roll (HE-B) ketchup (1syn)

Snack - SW lemon couscous cake with lemon

Tea - corned beef hash (1.5 syns for c beef), melted cheese, HE-A, baked beans, brown sauce (1 syns)

Dessert, SW Berry Eton Mess - with half a Cadbury's Flake (3 syns for meringue - 4 for half the flake)

Fruit tea, diet drinks, water

Snack - more cake!

Total syns - 10.5 - ooh that's more than I thought & more than I've had for a while but on plan I suppose! I'll have less 2moro. Should remember the rule - check out the syns B4 we eat them not hours after!!

Hi all. Talking of loose clothes, I have a pair of jogging bottoms that I wear when I'm lounging around my flat. They are almost falling down! LOL. Now, on the same subject. I have never thrown away my fat clothes when I lost weight in the past. They have always been comfortingly there, waiting for me in the wardrobe. Ready to take up where they left off, the next time I put on weight.

This time I must throw them out. I feel a bit panicky just typing it. Hmmm, that is a bridge I need to cross before I move. I will not take clothes that are too big for me when I move. Hear that CJ? You can help me with that!

I slept very well last night for the first time in ages. My stomach feels better but still kind of a burning feeling inside. I have had my thyroid tablets and antacid but am still not on my pain medication which means my back pain is increasing. Trying to just deal with it. Not ready to risk taking the tablets yet. The weekend is nearly here so I might try and not take any until Monday.

Don't feel like eating so I am taking a banana in my work bag to eat later. Lunch will be yogurt and fruit because I know that doesn't set off the pain. Tonight I plan to cook a new batch of leek and potato soup. No spices! I will have a bowl of that for my dinner. That will get me through another day. I know I must not starve myself but I am afraid to eat much until things settle down.

The clothes thing is rattling around in my mind. That is going to be so hard! It is only by writing that down that I realise what a big deal it will be to throw away these clothes I wear now. How does everyone else feel about that?

I hope everyone is staying safe in these storms. It was horrendous here yesterday. Quite a scary drive home. I can see blue sky this morning. Alongside a very dark cloud I must add! Full day of work ahead to keep me busy. Can't believe we are almost half way through the month already. Only 171 days till my move. Yay!

Have a great day all. Stay on plan, platoon, and have fun! HUP 2... 3.... 4..... LOL :) Let's all have another good week!

Hi all. Talking of loose clothes, I have a pair of jogging bottoms that I wear when I'm lounging around my flat. They are almost falling down! LOL. Now, on the same subject. I have never thrown away my fat clothes when I lost weight in the past. They have always been comfortingly there, waiting for me in the wardrobe. Ready to take up where they left off, the next time I put on weight.

This time I must throw them out. I feel a bit panicky just typing it. Hmmm, that is a bridge I need to cross before I move. I will not take clothes that are too big for me when I move. Hear that CJ? You can help me with that!

I slept very well last night for the first time in ages. My stomach feels better but still kind of a burning feeling inside. I have had my thyroid tablets and antacid but am still not on my pain medication which means my back pain is increasing. Trying to just deal with it. Not ready to risk taking the tablets yet. The weekend is nearly here so I might try and not take any until Monday.

Don't feel like eating so I am taking a banana in my work bag to eat later. Lunch will be yogurt and fruit because I know that doesn't set off the pain. Tonight I plan to cook a new batch of leek and potato soup. No spices! I will have a bowl of that for my dinner. That will get me through another day. I know I must not starve myself but I am afraid to eat much until things settle down.

The clothes thing is rattling around in my mind. That is going to be so hard! It is only by writing that down that I realise what a big deal it will be to throw away these clothes I wear now. How does everyone else feel about that?

I hope everyone is staying safe in these storms. It was horrendous here yesterday. Quite a scary drive home. I can see blue sky this morning. Alongside a very dark cloud I must add! Full day of work ahead to keep me busy. Can't believe we are almost half way through the month already. Only 171 days till my move. Yay!

Have a great day all. Stay on plan, platoon, and have fun! HUP 2... 3.... 4..... LOL :) Let's all have another good week!

Hi - glad u had a good night's sleep - hope that makes today a better day for it? But ur still not 100% are u? Hope ur back on full form soon - at least u can eat lightly now without a violent reaction.

Ummm yes clothes that are too big - like u over the years my weight has fluctuated and I've always hung on to the various sizes "just in case" as u say.

My breakthrough came - I think about 10 years ago when I first joined SW - at 13st 10 & got down to 10st 7, with hindsight I shd have set that at my target cos I messed about a lot after that - that was about the time I set up my own class to help to maintain my weight & failed. As I was so delighted at the weight loss and determined to lose more I got rid of all my clothes that didn't fit ...and yes it was painful!

However, as I've said before I've yo-yo'd and some time after that I went up to 14st 2 and regretted throwing out the clothes - but as I look back it was the right thing to do cos I only bought the minimum outfits as I was getting bigger in the vain hope I'd soon lose the weight.

Since then I have acted quickly once the weight has crept up, and as I read ur post realised this in part could be down to the fact that I didn't have many big clothes - sounds funny but true! Around that time I read that in her younger days Margaret Thatcher had a minimalist wardrobe and used to wash & dry her outfits overnight - and I thought well if she managed so will I!

I still don't have a lot of clothes that fit - but a fair few for when I get into the 10s! Gosh I'd never have thought about that if u hadn't posted on the subject! That may well spur me on!

Yes I hope everyone is ok after the storms - today is calmer here - cold with a blue sky - lots of storm damage - can claim some body magic from picking up some roofing materials and other storm debris in the garden this morning!

Hope everyone has a good day and LJ that u feel much better.

Hi everyone

I've been reading a few pages of this thread every day, trying to catch up, but now realise that I never will :D You guys are a friendly bunch of rapid-fire posters!!

Hi everyone

I've been reading a few pages of this thread every day, trying to catch up, but now realise that I never will :D You guys are a friendly bunch of rapid-fire posters!!

LOL coughdrops. Yes we sometimes write lots of posts in a short time. I always write one in the morning when I get up and one at the end of the day. It helps keep me focussed.

I am sure I speak for us all when I say we would love to hear your opinions on any of the subjects we have discussed. So if you feel the urge, please join in anytime you like. :)

My morning went ok. I ate my banana about an hour ago. Feeling hungry when i got home so I have just had a large mug of bovril to let my stomach know to expect food! Will have some yogurt and fruit shortly and hope that keeps me going until i get home tonight. Might take some fruit to eat mid afternoon. Maybe the raspberries. They are nice to nibble on.

It's calm and sunny so I am contemplating whether to walk to work this afternoon. My dog is not feeling well though so I should probably take her by car. Hoping the tablets I have given her might help. What a pair we are....

Hi everyone

Hi and welcome - yes at times we do post a lot - led by our thread leader LJ - lots of interesting posts - I'm addicted!

As LJ says we welcome comments from others - we're searching for the holy grail I guess!!

Good luck to you on ur weight loss journey - hope u keep popping in!!

6pm and home from work at a reasonable time. I am going to get my soup on. A big batch in my Intellichef. NO spices! Will eat some for my dinner. No bread today. Will have soup on its own so its a lighter meal.

I opened the fridge to get the veggies out and remembered the bottle of wine secreted on the top shelf. Couldn't resist pouring a teeny glass. Hoping beyond hope it doesn't cause a return of the stomach pains. Will not have anymore than that but it's a nice treat after a busy work day.

The fat clothes debate is interesting and I know how hard it will be for me to throw anything out. It's good to have that deadline. I need to take as few belongings as possible when I move as my mother's house is already stuffed full of 'things'. Lucky I am more inclined towards minimalism due to having moved house about 9 times in the last 12 years!

The moon is looking gorgeous tonight. Is that a full moon? It's a lucky sign. Things are looking up! :)

6pm and home from work at a reasonable time. I am going to get my soup on. A big batch in my Intellichef. NO spices! Will eat some for my dinner. No bread today. Will have soup on its own so its a lighter meal.

I opened the fridge to get the veggies out and remembered the bottle of wine secreted on the top shelf. Couldn't resist pouring a teeny glass. Hoping beyond hope it doesn't cause a return of the stomach pains. Will not have anymore than that but it's a nice treat after a busy work day.

The fat clothes debate is interesting and I know how hard it will be for me to throw anything out. It's good to have that deadline. I need to take as few belongings as possible when I move as my mother's house is already stuffed full of 'things'. Lucky I am more inclined towards minimalism due to having moved house about 9 times in the last 12 years!

The moon is looking gorgeous tonight. Is that a full moon? It's a lucky sign. Things are looking up! :)

Hi - as u haven't mentioned any pains presume Dr LJ's prescriptive food has suited u? Let's hope the wine works in a medicinal way! Pity u can't try bread yet as u've mentioned it's a favourite.

At the rate u'r losing weight those 'fat' clothes (ur wording!) will need a new home v soon - sending my wearable stuff to the charity shops and the tat in the recycling bin made my decision a bit easier!

Funny u mention the moon tonight - Poppy (aged 8) asked for a sleepover tonight and we were looking at the moon and I said do u think it's a full moon - she replied saying Naini (Welsh for gran) can't u see it's not ready to be full yet cos there's a bit missing at the bottom!

I decided to eat a bit less than yesterday as I had 15 (or so syns) - think I'll carry on having treats on WI day - makes it easier to stay on plan! So here's how it went:

B'fast - banana

Lunch - SW Pot and Leek soup - with a slice of ham

Snacks - pear and banana

Teas - leftover corned beef hash (guess 2 syns for c beef?), baked beans

Treat - Freddo - 5 syns

Fruit tea, coffee HEA ss milk, water

30 mins exercise dvd

LJ hope u have another peaceful night and no more pain.

CJ, fat2go and coughdrops and other readers - hope ur day's gone well and ur feeling good about urselves!! Hup 2, 3, 4!

Evening all!

Welcome cough drop! Feel free to join in! Me and Upndown have hijacked LJs thread to post our food diarys to lol

LJ I'm keeping my fingers crossed you feel better by the morning, you need to get back up to full strength. It seems to be always one of us not feeling right doesn't it!

The moon does look pretty tonight, I mentioned it on the way home. It was a lovely clear night. We got the crazy weather yesterday, Rain and rain and rain and the wind! Wow! I still had to call Terri (cat) about 10 times before she gave up and came inside lol crazy!

Fat clothes.. Yes I know what you mean! But this time I was determined not to get back in them, so threw them away to make room for all my nice smaller clothes! I didn't have space for those fat clothes taking up valuable room hehe I won't let you bring them with you, don't you worry! I'll hold them all up on you to see if your trying to sneak any in lol

Stressful day today, I was looking forward to the weekend, until I realised I have to work 6 hours Saturday.. Eurgh.

Breakfast banana and grapes

Lunch jacket potato,beans and cheese (hexa)

snack grapes and 1 marshmallow lol (1 syn?)

Tea McCain jacket (1syn) with cottage cheese, salad leaves, cucumber, beet root and cheese omelette (5syns) (random yes lol) and mayo (1syn)

I have been going a bit crazy on pudding, so to save syns I got some banana and custard muller lights to have with chopped banana.

I will have a tiny Lindt bunny in a bit (3 syns)

Evening all!

Welcome cough drop! Feel free to join in! Me and Upndown have hijacked LJs thread to post our food diarys to lol

LJ I'm keeping my fingers crossed you feel better by the morning, you need to get back up to full strength. It seems to be always one of us not feeling right doesn't it!

The moon does look pretty tonight, I mentioned it on the way home. It was a lovely clear night. We got the crazy weather yesterday, Rain and rain and rain and the wind! Wow! I still had to call Terri (cat) about 10 times before she gave up and came inside lol crazy!

Fat clothes.. Yes I know what you mean! But this time I was determined not to get back in them, so threw them away to make room for all my nice smaller clothes! I didn't have space for those fat clothes taking up valuable room hehe I won't let you bring them with you, don't you worry! I'll hold them all up on you to see if your trying to sneak any in lol

Stressful day today, I was looking forward to the weekend, until I realised I have to work 6 hours Saturday.. Eurgh.

Breakfast banana and grapes

Lunch jacket potato,beans and cheese (hexa)

snack grapes and 1 marshmallow lol (1 syn?)

Tea McCain jacket (1syn) with cottage cheese, salad leaves, cucumber, beet root and cheese omelette (5syns) (random yes lol) and mayo (1syn)

I have been going a bit crazy on pudding, so to save syns I got some banana and custard muller lights to have with chopped banana.

I will have a tiny Lindt bunny in a bit (3 syns)

Hi - sorry to hear u have a stressful day - work is tough at times isn't it - hang on in there till ur lazy Sunday!

I like ur random food choices - I like to have lots of different things - it makes me feel as if I'm eating loads.

When u wrote about ur checking Mum's clothes - it reminded me of airport security LOL!

Onwards and downwards again 2moro eh?

Last edited:
It's Friday, folks. I am glad the weekend is nearly here. Last full day of work. I had very little sleep due to stomach pains. About 3 hours. I was still awake at 4.30am. At about 1am i remembered the bottle of Gaviscon medicine I bought yesterday and got up to take some. It did soothe the pain a little. The other problem I have is increasing back pain since I stopped taking the painkillers. Dare not take them at least until my doctors appointment in two weeks time.

I spent some of the wakeful time in the night investigating natural treatments for my stomach trouble and I hit upon Manuka honey. Also live yogurt. I am going to order some honey and I will eat more yogurt.

On the subject of food, yesterday I had a banana, some grapes, yogurt, veg soup. It was the soup that set off the pains. Perhaps a smaller portion might be tolerated better. I am getting quite hungry and feeling a little weak but with another busy work day ahead I can't risk setting off the pain until this evening so will eat very lightly only fruit and yogurt until then.

The positive side of this is that I will lose weight but I need to keep my strength up somehow.

I hope you are all feeling fit and well. Have a great Friday!

It's Friday, folks. I am glad the weekend is nearly here. Last full day of work. I had very little sleep due to stomach pains. About 3 hours. I was still awake at 4.30am. At about 1am i remembered the bottle of Gaviscon medicine I bought yesterday and got up to take some. It did soothe the pain a little. The other problem I have is increasing back pain since I stopped taking the painkillers. Dare not take them at least until my doctors appointment in two weeks time.

I spent some of the wakeful time in the night investigating natural treatments for my stomach trouble and I hit upon Manuka honey. Also live yogurt. I am going to order some honey and I will eat more yogurt.

On the subject of food, yesterday I had a banana, some grapes, yogurt, veg soup. It was the soup that set off the pains. Perhaps a smaller portion might be tolerated better. I am getting quite hungry and feeling a little weak but with another busy work day ahead I can't risk setting off the pain until this evening so will eat very lightly only fruit and yogurt until then.

The positive side of this is that I will lose weight but I need to keep my strength up somehow.

I hope you are all feeling fit and well. Have a great Friday!

LJ sorry to read that u've been ill again - what a nuisance - u must be feeling drained - wonder if u've considered taking a meal supplement to keep ur strength up? I don't know much about them but did resort to Complan once with a bad illness - hope that suggestion's not overstepping the mark? I hope u feel better as the day goes along.

Yes it's Valentine's day - and we're out tonight - but with 3 of our grandchildren (14, 12 & 8) - our son and d-in-law are off out so we thought we'd treat them - we've booked early to avoid the smoochy couples! I've checked out the menu so I hope I can stay on track.

I hope everyone has a good day esp LJ.

Evening all!

How is everyone?

LJ I hope your feeling a little better, your magical honey will soon be here, after reading about it I want some to!

Upndown I hope your having a nice evening out. I hope the weather there is better than here, it's chucking it down and so windy!

Tired today, it's been a long week.. Just 6 hours to go tomorrow and I'll be off yay! Getting it over with early, so will start at 8.30. Typically the one other person in with me.,, will be my moody boss lol but he's not coming in until 10/11 ish. So I will get a few hours head start! Hehe

Breakfast a banana and muller yogurt oh and a strawberry actimel (1.5syns) I have been feeling bloated lately when I eat so I thought this might help.

Lunch jacket potato, cheese (hexa) and beans

snacks a banana and grapes

Tea rustic chips (I'm addicted lol) (3syns), leftover chilli with lots of different veg in, salad leaves and cucumber, mayo (1 syn)

Evening all!

How is everyone?

LJ I hope your feeling a little better, your magical honey will soon be here, after reading about it I want some to!

Upndown I hope your having a nice evening out. I hope the weather there is better than here, it's chucking it down and so windy!

Tired today, it's been a long week.. Just 6 hours to go tomorrow and I'll be off yay! Getting it over with early, so will start at 8.30. Typically the one other person in with me.,, will be my moody boss lol but he's not coming in until 10/11 ish. So I will get a few hours head start! Hehe

Breakfast a banana and muller yogurt oh and a strawberry actimel (1.5syns) I have been feeling bloated lately when I eat so I thought this might help.

Lunch jacket potato, cheese (hexa) and beans

snacks a banana and grapes

Tea rustic chips (I'm addicted lol) (3syns), leftover chilli with lots of different veg in, salad leaves and cucumber, mayo (1 syn)

Poor u working with moody boss on a Sat! Still as u say u'll have some Mr Moody free time.

Is ur bloat in sympathy with Mum? Ur really good for getting ur ss and s's in!

Back from our early evening out - lots of fun with the children - they're very sociable and as they were the only young ones there - they attracted attention!

Today went like this (look away LJ!)

Fruit teas and water

B'fast - apple

Snack - tiny piece of couscous cake and spoonful of yogurt - v filling I find and has kept well in the fridge

Lunch - small bowl of potato & leek soup

Tea - here we go!

Steak and salad

Diet coke

Sticky toffee pudding & 1 scoop of ice cream - guesstimate at 30 syns so 10 for today, 10 Sat and 10 Sun - hope I can do that! Must do it by end of Tues!!

Did 30 mins yoga and exercises from a fitness book

Hope you've all had good days and that LJ is feeling better. Enjoy ur weekends when work is out of the way.

LJ - as this is the first time u've not posted in the evening - hope ur doing some u enjoy - but concerned that ur not well again - thinking of u - take care

Morning all. I am cautiously optimistic this morning. Last night I went to Tesco and bought a cheap, low strength version of manuka honey. They were sold out of the proper stuff. I ate 2tsp before eating any food. Waited half an hour as they recommend and had banana, raspberries and yogurt. Had another spoonful of honey at bedtime and went to bed at 8pm. I was so so tired.

i have had no pain at all overnight and slept quite well. I've just taken more honey and my thyroid tablets. Will take a banana to eat at work this morning and then the big test will be this afternoon when I get home I will try eating some soup. Last time I ate soup I had bad pains. My back is increasingly painful though now that I am not taking painkillers but it is a lot more tolerable than this stomach problem! I am going to start taking a probiotic supplement as well as the yogurt to try and help my digestive system get back to how it should be.

So hopefully I will be able to catch up on here today and be back up to speed with my posting. How is everyone doing? Still all on plan? Stay strong for sunday. We all did fine last weekend so i know we can do it again this weekend. Think of how happy we will be when we see the results on Wednesday. Speak to you all later!

Back