LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Got my high strength manuka honey tonight. Yeah! It even says on the jar how to take it. It says a teaspoonful three times a day before food. I plan to do that plus one tsp at bedtime. It tastes really nice too. I am visualising it in my stomach, killing the bugs and healing the inflammation.

My food so far today.

Breakfast: muller light
Lunch: veg soup and a banana

Planning a bowl of fruit and yogurt for my dinner. Don't want to risk eating anything more solid until tomorrow.

I have been out and bought a whole chicken and some root veg to make a chicken soup tomorrow. I think i should try something a bit more substantial before I starve!

Evening!

How is everyone?

I had the worst nights sleep last night. It was soooo windy here it kept me awake, sounded like the roof was going to blow away. So having to be up at and at work for 8.30... Was a struggle. The day went fast though. I came home had a crazy few hours cleaning, burnt a few calories I bet! Then went food shopping. I am planning some new recipes this week. Fish pie, mango biriyani and cheesy broccoli bake! Yum. So have all the bits for that.

Breakfast banana
Snack banana and grapes
Lunch a mug shot Mediterranean pasta
afternoon snack banana (gone a bit ott with bananas lol)
Tea Oh yes rustic chips lol (2syns) bacon ( the good for you stuff), beans with BBQ sauce (1syn), salad leaves and cucumber (yes this is a bit odd but wanted my superfree in there lol!) oh and mayo (1syn)

4 syns so far. Feeling stuffed now. But may have a bunny or freddo later. Choices choices ;)

Got my high strength manuka honey tonight. Yeah! It even says on the jar how to take it. It says a teaspoonful three times a day before food. I plan to do that plus one tsp at bedtime. It tastes really nice too. I am visualising it in my stomach, killing the bugs and healing the inflammation.

My food so far today.

Breakfast: muller light
Lunch: veg soup and a banana

Planning a bowl of fruit and yogurt for my dinner. Don't want to risk eating anything more solid until tomorrow.

I have been out and bought a whole chicken and some root veg to make a chicken soup tomorrow. I think i should try something a bit more substantial before I starve!

Glad to hear things are better with u - honey has lots of magical powers u know!! Bet the soup will taste like manna from heaven after ur medicinal fast.

After yesterday's meal I've had a light day today:

fruit tea, coffee, water

b'fast - boiled egg, 1 slice toast - HE-B

lunch - pot & leek soup, small piece of couscous cake & sweetened quark

snack - pear

tea - ham, tomato, onion, herb omelette with baked beans

Now for the not so good bit - my daughter in law gave me a box of chocs as a thank u for looking after the children!! I've had one at 5.5 syns - so will now need to claw that back on Monday - to stay within syns! I've shared out the rest so no more temptation!

Glad to hear things are better with u - honey has lots of magical powers u know!! Bet the soup will taste like manna from heaven after ur medicinal fast.

After yesterday's meal I've had a light day today:

fruit tea, coffee, water

b'fast - boiled egg, 1 slice toast - HE-B

lunch - pot & leek soup, small piece of couscous cake & sweetened quark

snack - pear

tea - ham, tomato, onion, herb omelette with baked beans

Now for the not so good bit - my daughter in law gave me a box of chocs as a thank u for looking after the children!! I've had one at 5.5 syns - so will now need to claw that back on Monday - to stay within syns! I've shared out the rest so no more temptation!

Well done for just having the one! That shows definite will power!

you like your couscous cake don't you :) I must try it.

OMG one chocolate is 5.5 syns? Wow!

Well done upndown and CJ for staying on plan. CJ I will be interested to hear how your cheesy broccoli bake turns out. I overcooked the veg and when I stirred it into the sauce it broke up and went mushy. Tasted good though!

I have had my fruit and yogurt and CJ talked me out of having a half glass of wine. Sensible girl eh! There is a bit of discomfort in my tummy but nothing I would call pain. Fingers crossed for another pain free night. Looking forward very much to having chicken soup tomorrow.

Evening!

How is everyone?

I had the worst nights sleep last night. It was soooo windy here it kept me awake, sounded like the roof was going to blow away. So having to be up at and at work for 8.30... Was a struggle. The day went fast though. I came home had a crazy few hours cleaning, burnt a few calories I bet! Then went food shopping. I am planning some new recipes this week. Fish pie, mango biriyani and cheesy broccoli bake! Yum. So have all the bits for that.

Breakfast banana
Snack banana and grapes
Lunch a mug shot Mediterranean pasta
afternoon snack banana (gone a bit ott with bananas lol)
Tea Oh yes rustic chips lol (2syns) bacon ( the good for you stuff), beans with BBQ sauce (1syn), salad leaves and cucumber (yes this is a bit odd but wanted my superfree in there lol!) oh and mayo (1syn)

4 syns so far. Feeling stuffed now. But may have a bunny or freddo later. Choices choices ;)

Hi all - The storms have abated here - hope they have with you. It's forecast for a fine day here 2moro - hope that's happens and it's across the country.

CJ - sorry u had a fitful night but glad work went fast. Y

Yes I like the couscous cake - it needs something with it, fresh cream would be good but yog or quark are fine - no-one else really fancies it so it's down to me - it's the size of those McVitie's cake - like the moist ginger one - yummeeee - so it takes a bit of eating but keeps well in the fridge.

You have some tasty meals planned so that shd keep u on track!

LJ - hope u have a restful night.

fat2go, jules and others - hope all's well with u.

Yes it was ok to stop at one choc - but at 5.5 syns that was 5.5 syns more than I'd planned after yesterday's dessert - and I really think that if I hadn't joined here - I'd have eaten the lot. Coupled with meals out this week - that could have been the end of this restart diet and we all know what would happen then.....

Hubby wants to go out for a meal 2moro eeek (he works for himself but he's working on a tough contract at the moment) so that'll be 3 times out for food this week! Don't like to say no as he's stressed plus he retires v soon so there'll be a lot less eating out then!!

Flexisyns??

Yes Upndown enjoy your meal out, is it somewhere that you can choose an on plan ish meal?

The storms seem to have gone away for now.. Phew! Only one of our kitties Terri goes outside, the kittens would never deal with the great outdoors lol! I made her stay in today because the weather was so horrible.. She's been a right mood all day lol! She's given in now and is curled up on my pillow :)

Couscous cake - next time I go shopping I must remember to get some couscous I think I have everything else I need.

LJ and I share the same problem... The need for pudding! Lol I don't feel happy until I've had some kind of pudding. Just had a chopped banana and fudge pudding.. Yummy.

After reading a few things last night. I think my bloating problem... May be due to drinking to many fizzy drinks! So I have only had 1 bottle of Pepsi max today.... But shook it until it wasn't fizzy anymore lol! To do a little experiment. And I have to say. It has made a difference! That and I've been having actimels to. Oh yes (1.5syns) for that this morning to.

After reading a few things last night. I think my bloating problem... May be due to drinking to many fizzy drinks! So I have only had 1 bottle of Pepsi max today.... But shook it until it wasn't fizzy anymore lol! To do a little experiment. And I have to say. It has made a difference! That and I've been having actimels to. Oh yes (1.5syns) for that this morning to.

There's a lesson for us all there - the gas has to go somewhere............

Just reading my stats.. I didn't really realise I've lost 9 whole pounds now! Hehe LJ you are so close to your next sticker!

5lbs to my next sticker, 7lbs to go for my club 10. I like all these little goals, it's nice when they happen isn't it. Upndown you need to get yourself some stickers!

Couscous cake - next time I go shopping I must remember to get some couscous I think I have everything else I need.

LJ and I share the same problem... The need for pudding! Lol I don't feel happy until I've had some kind of pudding. Just had a chopped banana and fudge pudding.. Yummy.

Yes, I want to try the couscous cake too when I am eating again.

I had pudding for dinner today so no pudding necessary for me. LOL!

In bed now. Had my honey. Dog had some too :) So far some mild discomfort in my tummy but no pain. Its such a relief.

Just reading my stats.. I didn't really realise I've lost 9 whole pounds now! Hehe LJ you are so close to your next sticker!

5lbs to my next sticker, 7lbs to go for my club 10. I like all these little goals, it's nice when they happen isn't it. Upndown you need to get yourself some stickers!

Yes, at this rate I may get my sticker next weigh in. I like all the little goals too. I don't think about how far I still have to go. I just look towards the next sticker target.

You are doing brilliantly CJ. I will be so excited for you when you get your next sticker!

Last edited:
xxxx

Last edited:

Yes isn't it fantastic - I just can't believe I'm sticking to it - long may it continue for us all!

LOL! I will try not to have anything fizzy tomorrow.. Although I am a bit of a diet coke/Pepsi addict.

I'm upndown and a diet fizzy drink addict too.............

Hubby and friends always say they share the driving on a night out - they drive there and I drive back.

Last edited:
Back