LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

I keep forgetting to say this - since starting on Jan 2 - within 20 mins of meal I feel full - no matter how small those meals have been - which is great and clearly good for the weight loss but ....... am I alone in also thinking that this also presents a problem as I still miss my bigger meals esp my evening meal - they say we eat with our eyes don't they?

I've tried padding it out with more veg but it seems there's a limit to how much veg I can manage - will this pass I wonder? Does anyone feel the same or is it just greedy me?

Sorry, I have read this three times but not quite sure what the question is. Lol. Please explain further. Regarding big meals, I have always been a grazer. Never have been able to eat big meals. If I went out for dinner and they present me with soup starter, I am full before we get to the main course! So I can't say I miss big meals at all.

Just reading my stats.. I didn't really realise I've lost 9 whole pounds now! Hehe LJ you are so close to your next sticker!

5lbs to my next sticker, 7lbs to go for my club 10. I like all these little goals, it's nice when they happen isn't it. Upndown you need to get yourself some stickers!

Yes I've tried finding the stickers - where are they please?

Sorry, I have read this three times but not quite sure what the question is. Lol. Please explain further. Regarding big meals, I have always been a grazer. Never have been able to eat big meals. If I went out for dinner and they present me with soup starter, I am full before we get to the main course! So I can't say I miss big meals at all.[/QlimUOTE]

Blimey we're all posting at rapid fire pace tonight! Reading that back - I don't understand it myself!!

What I meant to say was that although I'm never hungry on SW as I'm eating 3 meals a day - but they're much smaller than I'm used to - and somehow I feel deprived esp with my evening meal or eating with others whose portions are bigger than mine! It must be psychological. It happens every time I diet.

And because of that I wonder what will happen when I get to target - will I be able to restrict myself for the rest of my life or will I revert to my old ways?

It sounds like that is going to be an important issue for you to work on before you get to goal. Perhaps you can get used to having a larger amount of veggies as you mentioned? Then your plate can be as full as everyone elses whilst being lower in calories.

Thanks - I'll add that to my diet issue list!! Perhaps I'm looking too far into the future - but as u say it's something I need to work out.

Also meant to say we've had an invitation to go to a friend's 60th b'day party - she's had cancer but is doing really well now - so she's going for a big celebration! It's on May 17 so another mini target - to get into my party frock (or there's also the shapewear option)!!

Morning all! Upndown, is it a realistic goal to get into your party frock by May 17th? If so, go for it!

I had no pain or anything last night. Not even a twinge! This morning I got up late and had a spoonful of the honey (dog had a chihuahua sized portion too!) and waited half an hour. Just had some plain yogurt and in twenty mins will have a cup of tea and my thyroid tablets and a probiotic tablet. I've been emptying the chillified food from my freezer. Sadly thats 14 meals down the drain. But hey ho. Had to be done. I am going to start my chicken soup soon. Been researching recipes and have kind of decided on how I am going to do it. I have never made chicken soup before but here is my plan.

Put whole chicken with chunks of root veg (I picked up a pack containing two carrots, a parsnip, an onion and half a swede) into the Intellichef and add hot water and some herbs and seasoning. Maybe a chicken stock cube? Set it on a stew cycle and cook until the chicken is done. Remove chicken and the veg chunks and take the meat off the bones and chop. Strain the stock to remove any little chicken bones. Liquidise the chicken, veg and enough stock to make it a nice consistency.

Today's food will consist of yogurt, fruit and chicken soup. Syns? I forgot what they are :(

Morning all! Upndown, is it a realistic goal to get into your party frock by May 17th? If so, go for it!

I had no pain or anything last night. Not even a twinge! This morning I got up late and had a spoonful of the honey (dog had a chihuahua sized portion too!) and waited half an hour. Just had some plain yogurt and in twenty mins will have a cup of tea and my thyroid tablets and a probiotic tablet. I've been emptying the chillified food from my freezer. Sadly thats 14 meals down the drain. But hey ho. Had to be done. I am going to start my chicken soup soon. Been researching recipes and have kind of decided on how I am going to do it. I have never made chicken soup before but here is my plan.

Put whole chicken with chunks of root veg (I picked up a pack containing two carrots, a parsnip, an onion and half a swede) into the Intellichef and add hot water and some herbs and seasoning. Maybe a chicken stock cube? Set it on a stew cycle and cook until the chicken is done. Remove chicken and the veg chunks and take the meat off the bones and chop. Strain the stock to remove any little chicken bones. Liquidise the chicken, veg and enough stock to make it a nice consistency.

Today's food will consist of yogurt, fruit and chicken soup. Syns? I forgot what they are :(

Glad u had a good night - soup sounds good - I love a good homemade chicken soup - off for walk - having a 'light' day's eating then out tonight - NO DESSERT!! Yes I think party outfit option is realistic - can get it on - it's tight and zip won't close all the way! Have a good day all.

Hello my minimin chums :)

The sun is shining, what a lovely day! Finally the rain and wind has gone. I was so tired, I went to bed at 10pm, had a great nights sleep, so feeling much more with it today!

So far I have had..

Snack grapes and actimel (1.5 syns)

Brunch 2 eggs scrambled, a few small slices of chopped ham, tinned tomatoes and cheese (hexa)

Feel full now. Ooh the grapes I got are black tastes the difference grapes, they are on offer in sainsburys.. They are yummy!! I can recommend them.

So I nipped to sainsburys.. I didn't realise I needed animals bits (sawdust and cat food... Not actual bits of animals lol!) so I got some couscous yay! Might try making couscous cake later on.

LJ your chicken soup sounds like it will be yummy! You'll have to let us know!

Im glad the magic honey is working for you, is it helping mini doggy?

I think I will treat myself to some! It's supposed to stop you getting colds and things, the amount of germs flying round the office I think it would be worth it for that alone hehe

Ooer! I just realised I am aiming to lose 40% of my body weight! Sounds about right as my scales used to show me as being almost 50% fat. Yuck! I don't weigh at home now so no idea how much fat I have lost.

You must have lost a lot of that fat already I bet the % is a lot different. Maybe you could weigh yourself on Wednesday when you get home from WI? Then check your fat %?

Upndown good luck with your party target. You could try your outfit on each week to spur you on!

I am feeling motivated for the week ahead. We are all doing so well, LJ hopefully you can get back to bigger meals this week. Get your energy levels back up!

You must have lost a lot of that fat already I bet the % is a lot different. Maybe you could weigh yourself on Wednesday when you get home from WI? Then check your fat %?

I think you hit on a great idea there CJ! I will do that. Will get my scales out after weigh in. Will be interesting to see how they compare as well.

Soup is in. All the freezer containers washed and draining. Phew! Kitchen floor washed. Sitting down now with a nice cup of tea and might put my computer in and play a game as a reward for what I have done.

I love black grapes. Wish I had looked for some grapes and couscous when I was at Sainsburys last night.

Must look back for the couscous recipe and print it out.

Last edited:
Sorry, I have read this three times but not quite sure what the question is. Lol. Please explain further. Regarding big meals, I have always been a grazer. Never have been able to eat big meals. If I went out for dinner and they present me with soup starter, I am full before we get to the main course! So I can't say I miss big meals at all.[/QlimUOTE]

Blimey we're all posting at rapid fire pace tonight! Reading that back - I don't understand it myself!!

What I meant to say was that although I'm never hungry on SW as I'm eating 3 meals a day - but they're much smaller than I'm used to - and somehow I feel deprived esp with my evening meal or eating with others whose portions are bigger than mine! It must be psychological. It happens every time I diet.

And because of that I wonder what will happen when I get to target - will I be able to restrict myself for the rest of my life or will I revert to my old ways?

I think I know what you mean. Are you scared your portions will get bigger when you reach target? Hopefully we will be used to eating a smaller amount so we will just automatically serve smaller portions of whatever we eat.

I do find I consciously add super free to my meals, if this was a few weeks ago, then this morning I would of had beans and sausages and egg and cheese. But I thought.. Hold on there's no superfree! So I had tomatoes instead of beans and if I had beans and sausages that would be 4 syns! I am learning!

Hello my minimin chums :)

The sun is shining, what a lovely day! Finally the rain and wind has gone. I was so tired, I went to bed at 10pm, had a great nights sleep, so feeling much more with it today!

So far I have had..

Snack grapes and actimel (1.5 syns)

Brunch 2 eggs scrambled, a few small slices of chopped ham, tinned tomatoes and cheese (hexa)

Feel full now. Ooh the grapes I got are black tastes the difference grapes, they are on offer in sainsburys.. They are yummy!! I can recommend them.

So I nipped to sainsburys.. I didn't realise I needed animals bits (sawdust and cat food... Not actual bits of animals lol!) so I got some couscous yay! Might try making couscous cake later on.

Glad ur rested - grapes sound lush - let us know how the couscous cake goes - I bake mine in the oven cos it comes out drier than using microwave. It feels like a real pud with yog, f frais or quark!

Upndown good luck with your party target. You could try your outfit on each week to spur you on!

I am feeling motivated for the week ahead. We are all doing so well, LJ hopefully you can get back to bigger meals this week. Get your energy levels back up!

Do you think the sunshine helps with motivation? I think it does affect me in a positive way. I feel motivated too despite my delicate stomach. I feel optimistic that the honey and yogurt plan is working and am really really looking forward to eating chicken soup later.

I agree with the idea of trying on your outfit, upndown. You are going to be floating on cloud 9 when you walk into the room in a dress that fits well!

I think I know what you mean. Are you scared your portions will get bigger when you reach target? Hopefully we will be used to eating a smaller amount so we will just automatically serve smaller portions of whatever we eat.

I do find I consciously add super free to my meals, if this was a few weeks ago, then this morning I would of had beans and sausages and egg and cheese. But I thought.. Hold on there's no superfree! So I had tomatoes instead of beans and if I had beans and sausages that would be 4 syns! I am learning!

That's my girl! I feel so proud of how you approach your meals with your SW head on. I learn a lot from you. Everybody, CJ helps me so much with staying on track and making me see sense. Where did my own common sense go? Am i getting old? :(

That's my girl! I feel so proud of how you approach your meals with your SW head on. I learn a lot from you. Everybody, CJ helps me so much with staying on track and making me see sense. Where did my own common sense go? Am i getting old? :(

Lol never! I think we are all seeing sense from each other we pick up tips and ideas and realise things from each other's issues! :)

Back