LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

I am here! I had an ok day but still not on proper food. Still taking the honey and have had no pain, just a burning feeling in my stomach. Haven't resorted to any gaviscon since starting the honey. Oh and been doing some further research and it seems that liqorice is proven to work as well as antacid drugs. Going to get some tomorrow! I love liqorice. Must see how many syns it is.

Breakfast: banana and yogurt
Lunch: chicken soup
Dinner: two small bananas

Your garlic and lemon salmon sounds really nice upndown.

I dare not eat proper food yet as even the chicken soup causes discomfort. Just taking it slowly. As long as I can avoid the severe pains and sleep at night then I am OK.

i did a one mile walk today but without my painkiller tablets it's unpleasant to walk. I have pain in my back and my knee. I see no way around that but I will continue to try and stay active because I know I need to or the pain will get worse and my back will seize up again and I will become immobile.

That all sounds a bit doom and gloom but my spirits are high and I am feeling optimistic about weigh in. How can I not lose this week when I have eaten far less than normal! I am excited about getting below the stone mark.

I am here! I had an ok day but still not on proper food. Still taking the honey and have had no pain, just a burning feeling in my stomach. Haven't resorted to any gaviscon since starting the honey. Oh and been doing some further research and it seems that liqorice is proven to work as well as antacid drugs. Going to get some tomorrow! I love liqorice. Must see how many syns it is.

Breakfast: banana and yogurt
Lunch: chicken soup
Dinner: two small bananas

Your garlic and lemon salmon sounds really nice upndown.

I dare not eat proper food yet as even the chicken soup causes discomfort. Just taking it slowly. As long as I can avoid the severe pains and sleep at night then I am OK.

i did a one mile walk today but without my painkiller tablets it's unpleasant to walk. I have pain in my back and my knee. I see no way around that but I will continue to try and stay active because I know I need to or the pain will get worse and my back will seize up again and I will become immobile.

That all sounds a bit doom and gloom but my spirits are high and I am feeling optimistic about weigh in. How can I not lose this week when I have eaten far less than normal! I am excited about getting below the stone mark.

Good to hear from u esp as ur so upbeat. It must be tough for u - so well done for staying on plan - I know it's difficult to eat but I'm sure I'd find some syn-ful stuff to comfort me. Hope the liquorice is effective - will that be the confectionery sticks that I love or a health shop liquorice root?

You also did well to go walking but agree if we don't use it we lose it and it's good for the spirit too isn't it?

Yes agree u must have a good loss this week - isn't it exciting to drop to next stone? I've been following the 5:2 fast here and ur eating much less than that - still not sure about 5:2 but it's interesting to see how others are doing on it.

My lemon & garlic salmon was v simple - just sprinkled garlic granules & lemon juice on the fish but it was tasty. Hup 2, 3, 4

Well I thought if i called it a bababa it would sound better than yet another banana lol!

well done, you have been on plan to! Nearly WI again.. Scary lol. I know I have been on plan but it is still scary scary.

I think tomorrow I will make fish pie, while I have the oven on might make the couscous cake to.

I am watching obese a year to save my life. This lady started at 34 stone, she's doing crazy exercises, climbing hills, rolling giant tyres about she's doing so well! She was a secret eater, sneaking out in the car to the chip shop and eating a big meal then going home and having tea with her family.

Duhhh! Shd have worked that out (bababa!)

Meant to say I bought those free wraps today - will report on taste - sorry LJ u were right they do contain tapioca starch.

If I hadn't yo-yo dieted - I could have easily reached a v high weight - I really admire those that lose those large amounts.]

Onwards and downwards to the scales - yes it is scary!!

Morning - here's to another on plan day before WI!

I've got my food planned and found an old Vanessa Feltz exercise video (when she lost 4 stone) her trainer leads and is quite comical - I like the exercises too but it's an hour long so will have to split over 2 days - busy week!

Morning everyone. Weigh in tomorrow. It comes round so fast! I hate having to wait aaaalllllll day for it!

Weigh day also marks another week closer to my move and my new life. 166 days to go now. I am itching to get started with some new projects.

I am so glad to see fat2go back with us and posting again. I mentioned on his thread that I read an article online that explained how the body fights back to make us gain the weight back again. There are two vital chemicals in the body that are involved in a delicate balance. When we are eating normally chemical A is in abundance and chemical B is in low concentration. When we lose a significant amount of weight the balance changes and chemical B increases and makes us want to eat. The more weight we lose, the more of chemical B is produced. Thats what I recall anyway. I will try to find the article again because it was very interesting and I believe that the more we understand about how our bodies work the better chance we have of long term success with our weight loss.

I had to resort to taking a dose of gaviscon last night to qwell the burning in my stomach. Someone recommended I try slippery elm powder, a herbal remedy, that actually sounds really useful. Its not toxic so I am going to give it a go because so far I still cannot eat proper meals. So my plan is to continue with the manuka honey which kills the bacteria that inflame the stomach lining, slippery elm to protect that lining and allow healing, and liqorice which is an antacid.

Busy work day today. I am going to have a cup of tea and some yogurt for breakfast and will take a banana to eat mid morning. Lunch will be as much veggie soup as i can manage. Can't usually eat my normal one cup portion. The stomach inflammation makes you feel full very quickly when you eat.

Dinner tonight? Well depends how the rest of the day goes but it will probably be more yogurt and fruit.

Have a good day all!

Morning everyone. Weigh in tomorrow. It comes round so fast! I hate having to wait aaaalllllll day for it!

Weigh day also marks another week closer to my move and my new life. 166 days to go now. I am itching to get started with some new projects.

I am so glad to see fat2go back with us and posting again. I mentioned on his thread that I read an article online that explained how the body fights back to make us gain the weight back again. There are two vital chemicals in the body that are involved in a delicate balance. When we are eating normally chemical A is in abundance and chemical B is in low concentration. When we lose a significant amount of weight the balance changes and chemical B increases and makes us want to eat. The more weight we lose, the more of chemical B is produced. Thats what I recall anyway. I will try to find the article again because it was very interesting and I believe that the more we understand about how our bodies work the better chance we have of long term success with our weight loss.

I had to resort to taking a dose of gaviscon last night to qwell the burning in my stomach. Someone recommended I try slippery elm powder, a herbal remedy, that actually sounds really useful. Its not toxic so I am going to give it a go because so far I still cannot eat proper meals. So my plan is to continue with the manuka honey which kills the bacteria that inflame the stomach lining, slippery elm to protect that lining and allow healing, and liqorice which is an antacid.

Busy work day today. I am going to have a cup of tea and some yogurt for breakfast and will take a banana to eat mid morning. Lunch will be as much veggie soup as i can manage. Can't usually eat my normal one cup portion. The stomach inflammation makes you feel full very quickly when you eat.

Dinner tonight? Well depends how the rest of the day goes but it will probably be more yogurt and fruit.

Have a good day all!

Hi - glad u've found some natural remedies - and hope they'll be effective and soon

Yes WI day 2moro - u shd do v well - CJ's been on plan too - wondering how my meals out will affect things - though I don't think I'll have over synned over the week - but hard to tell with restaurant food.

I'll read ur scientific post- agree it's important to understand how eating affects us. C u l8r (or ur posts!)

Hi - glad u've found some natural remedies - and hope they'll be effective and soon

Yes WI day 2moro - u shd do v well - CJ's been on plan too - wondering how my meals out will affect things - though I don't think I'll have over synned over the week - but hard to tell with restaurant food.

I'll read ur scientific post- agree it's important to understand how eating affects us. C u l8r (or ur posts!)

You have stuck to plan the rest of the time and your food intake seems low so hopefully the scales will still show a loss this week. But upndown... I think you will have had a sneaky mid week weigh in and you know the answer already! LOL!

Well... I don't know what came over me but I'm very glad it did!

Unexpectedly got home from work at 4pm today. The sun was shining and it felt warm and spring-like. I sat on my settee and there was a wonderful silence.... peace.... It was amazing. Sat there for a few minutes and then, looking around, something spurred me into action! Out came the polish, the duster, the vaccuum cleaner and i was off! A frenzy of housework. LOL. Two hours later and the flat is spick and span. A pleasure to behold!

I forgot all about the pains in my stomach, back and knee and was truly in the zone.... Feel great now. Toying with the idea of making SW egg and chips for my dinner. Risk some solid food. I think I will!

You have stuck to plan the rest of the time and your food intake seems low so hopefully the scales will still show a loss this week. But upndown... I think you will have had a sneaky mid week weigh in and you know the answer already! LOL!

Hi - no I'm not 100% sure because of the potential hidden syns whilst eating out - not had a chance to turn around this week never mind get on scales - plus didn't want to see a gain!

Being so busy is good though - takes my mind off food I guess - but looking forward to a calmer week next week - fingers crossed for everyone's WI.

Food today went like this - confident I'll be able to stay on track this evening with WI looming (oooh will I regret posting that?)

Fruit tea, water, 1 coffee

Brunch - boiled egg with large salad with lemon & vinegar & 1 slice bread HE-B

Snacks - melon, pineapple, cucumber

Tea will be - Be-free wrap as pizza base - 6 syns - ham, tom puree, onions, mushrooms, red pepper, cherry toms, cheese HE-A
large salad with balsamic vinegar

If I need more - I'll have raspberries and low fat fromage frais.

Been feeling tired the last few days and have to say I'm getting a bit fed up of tiny meals to make up for going out (I know there's a simple answer to that!) & planning my meals to the last S, SS & Superfree morsel! Looking forward to a fresh week and will savour my 10 syns a day!

Well... I don't know what came over me but I'm very glad it did!

Unexpectedly got home from work at 4pm today. The sun was shining and it felt warm and spring-like. I sat on my settee and there was a wonderful silence.... peace.... It was amazing. Sat there for a few minutes and then, looking around, something spurred me into action! Out came the polish, the duster, the vaccuum cleaner and i was off! A frenzy of housework. LOL. Two hours later and the flat is spick and span. A pleasure to behold!

I forgot all about the pains in my stomach, back and knee and was truly in the zone.... Feel great now. Toying with the idea of making SW egg and chips for my dinner. Risk some solid food. I think I will!

I'll diagnose that as a case of early spring fever! But good to get it done + as u say think of of the body magic benefits! Hope the egg & chips don't cause u more pain.

Evening all,

Only just got home, I'm shattered. Just making tea. I have been reading your posts earlier :)

Fat2go good to have you back :)

LJ how are you feeling? Did you manage your sw chips? Well done on the spring cleaning mission! I get moments like that hehe then I sit down and think of something else to clean and off I go again. I quite like cleaning in a weird way.

Upndown how did you get on with your workout? I haven't managed any exercise this week. I feel tired! My treadmill is staring at me.. Lol

Well after my Dr trip yesterday and them still not really telling me what's up with my foot.. This one is thinking tendon pain! So I did some googling of my own hehe I think it's sesamoiditis! The 2 little bones in the big foot getting damaged (dropping something on them oops) then they get angry and make all the tendons round them angry! It says to rest it and wear insoles. So I have tried one of those gel party feet in my boot today and that did make it feel better! So hopefully soon enough it will be all better :) then back to exercise!!

Breakfast banana, grapes actimel (1.5)

Lunch you guessed it... Hehe jacket potato beans and cheese (hexa)

Snack grapes and mango

Tea rustic chips cooking as we speak (2 syns) 200g of them. I will make cheese omelette (5 syns cheese) and salad leaves, cucumber, Beetroot and tomato. Maybe. Few beans!

8.5 syns total

Evening all,

Only just got home, I'm shattered. Just making tea. I have been reading your posts earlier :)

Fat2go good to have you back :)

LJ how are you feeling? Did you manage your sw chips? Well done on the spring cleaning mission! I get moments like that hehe then I sit down and think of something else to clean and off I go again. I quite like cleaning in a weird way.

Upndown how did you get on with your workout? I haven't managed any exercise this week. I feel tired! My treadmill is staring at me.. Lol

Well after my Dr trip yesterday and them still not really telling me what's up with my foot.. This one is thinking tendon pain! So I did some googling of my own hehe I think it's sesamoiditis! The 2 little bones in the big foot getting damaged (dropping something on them oops) then they get angry and make all the tendons round them angry! It says to rest it and wear insoles. So I have tried one of those gel party feet in my boot today and that did make it feel better! So hopefully soon enough it will be all better :) then back to exercise!!

Breakfast banana, grapes actimel (1.5)

Lunch you guessed it... Hehe jacket potato beans and cheese (hexa)

Snack grapes and mango

Tea rustic chips cooking as we speak (2 syns) 200g of them. I will make cheese omelette (5 syns cheese) and salad leaves, cucumber, Beetroot and tomato. Maybe. Few beans!

8.5 syns total

Resisted the bababa today then? LOL Just thought u could change ur sign in name to Bababa Sesamoiditis!

Sorry I wasn't making fun of ur foot - that sounds painful and u can't really rest it properly for long can u? Glad the gel thing provided some relief. I fell on hol years ago and tore on tendon in half and just tore the other it was agony - I was on crutches but recovered well and didn't have any further probs - hope u recover fully soon.

Well WI 2moro - bet u and ur Mum will do well - I'll be fed up if my nights out have resulted in a sts or a gain - cos I really have been on tiny rations this week - can't wait to get back to normal 2moro - going to plan some simple teas next week - need a break from faffing about in the kitchen! May try the rustic chips at last if I can forgo sugary syns Mmmmm!!

Yes managed a 30 min workout - dug out an old favourite - Vanessa Feltz of all people - the exercise is quite tough if u do the whole hour but the banter is light hearted so quite enjoyable if u have the time.

Resisted the bababa today then? LOL Just thought u could change ur sign in name to Bababa Sesamoiditis!

Sorry I wasn't making fun of ur foot - that sounds painful and u can't really rest it properly for long can u? Glad the gel thing provided some relief. I fell on hol years ago and tore on tendon in half and just tore the other it was agony - I was on crutches but recovered well and didn't have any further probs - hope u recover fully soon.

Well WI 2moro - bet u and ur Mum will do well - I'll be fed up if my nights out have resulted in a sts or a gain - cos I really have been on tiny rations this week - can't wait to get back to normal 2moro - going to plan some simple teas next week - need a break from faffing about in the kitchen! May try the rustic chips at last if I can forgo sugary syns Mmmmm!!

Yes managed a 30 min workout - dug out an old favourite - Vanessa Feltz of all people - the exercise is quite tough if u do the whole hour but the banter is light hearted so quite enjoyable if u have the time.

LOL that did make me laugh! Bababa sesamoiditis! It's got a nice ring to it hehe

I feel stuffed now! I can highly recommend the rustic chips. They are on offer in sainsburys at the mo, 2 for £3. It's 1 syn for 100g, my eyes are always bigger than my belly and I have 200g lol

Well done for the exercise and I'll keep my fingers crossed for WI for you tomorrow! I hope your tiny teas have done the trick!

It's worse than I thought ...... my WI-ITIS - I was just thinking in bed about having 6 syns today - I shd have called it a red day and could have had the bread and wrap as HE-Bs - but wd my body know the difference - no of course not but I feel better for posting that (sad me).

I've had a Freddo in the fridge since last Thurs - so could now legitimately eat that but won't cos I bet my body would know the difference and let me know at WI lol!

Last edited:
Hi - 1.25 off this morning so I'm relieved - no meals out this week and an easy cooking week - think it's less stressful not weighing every day too! Hope everyone's weigh ins go well today - LJ and CJ should do well after an excellent week!

Well done upndown! You did it even with the meals out! That proves that SW is compatible with real life doesn't it. That gives me hope for the eventual maintenance stage.

I am feeling pretty good today for some reason. I think it is a combination of things. Getting up to a spotless, tidy flat was bliss, having the window open and hearing the birds chirping outside is also bliss. It's a sign that spring is on the way. My favourite season of the year. And the other thing which is quite significant is that I sat down here on my settee to drink a cup of tea and noticed something amazing!! I know I am slouching BUT my shape is concave! Instead of being a round blob with chubby legs sticking out, I can see the beginnings of a healthy sized human body shape! OMG!! My stomach is shrinking. Yeah!

Last night I had some SW chips, baked beans and scrambled egg for my dinner. It tasted great but was a struggle to eat it and afterwards I felt like I had eaten an enormous Christmas dinner or something. It sat like a brick in my stomach for ages and I felt like I was going to be sick. However, after a couple more hours the discomfort went away and all was well. No pains overnight. I think I can see an end to this awful episode. I will try and get back to normal meals now but might leave the bread out until tomorrow. No idea what I will have tonight but it will be something from my freezer with rice, smash, or chips.

Good luck CJ and any other wednesday weighers. Here's hoping for another great result. :)

Yay for LJ!! That's fab news 2 stone down is an amazing achievement! Like I have said to you, even though you haven't Been eating much, you still had the will power to stay on plan this week, so that was down to you :)

Well.. I stayed the same this week.. Little annoyed but happy it wasn't a gain! These last few lbs to get down to the next stone mark seem to be very hard to shift.. Maybe I need less syns this week?? I will look back at my food diary for the week I lost 2lbs see what I did differently.

I am feeling pretty good today for some reason. I think it is a combination of things. Getting up to a spotless, tidy flat was bliss, having the window open and hearing the birds chirping outside is also bliss. It's a sign that spring is on the way. My favourite season of the year. And the other thing which is quite significant is that I sat down here on my settee to drink a cup of tea and noticed something amazing!! I know I am slouching BUT my shape is concave! Instead of being a round blob with chubby legs sticking out, I can see the beginnings of a healthy sized human body shape! OMG!! My stomach is shrinking. Yeah!

Hehe this is exciting, it's nice when you get little moments like that, it helps spur you on!

Right! My mission this week... 2lbs off!!!

I will try and drink 2L a day of water, I don't think I'm drinking enough, I used to drink this much, then I stopped! I am going to try and get on the treadmill a few times. And see if I can shift these few lbs and get past this 11 stone mark once and for all.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated lol

Back