LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

OMG I know I have not eaten much this week but FOUR pounds off!
And my 2 stone award. Woohoo!
Smashed right through that stone hurdle. :)

Hey that's fantastic - I know u've had a painful week but this is ur reward - and 2 stone off - marvellous and well done!!!

Yay for LJ!! That's fab news 2 stone down is an amazing achievement! Like I have said to you, even though you haven't Been eating much, you still had the will power to stay on plan this week, so that was down to you :)

Well.. I stayed the same this week.. Little annoyed but happy it wasn't a gain! These last few lbs to get down to the next stone mark seem to be very hard to shift.. Maybe I need less syns this week?? I will look back at my food diary for the week I lost 2lbs see what I did differently.

Oh no - that's just not fair - u've had a text book week so that's maddening - I feel for u - could it be fluid retention? When that's happened to me in the past if (and that's a big IF) I stayed on track - I had a good loss the following week - has that happened to you before?

That's a good idea to check back on ur food diaries - please share any pearls of wisdom u find!

Right! My mission this week... 2lbs off!!!

I will try and drink 2L a day of water, I don't think I'm drinking enough, I used to drink this much, then I stopped! I am going to try and get on the treadmill a few times. And see if I can shift these few lbs and get past this 11 stone mark once and for all.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated lol

Has this ever happened in the past when u've dieted? Could it be fluid retention?

I think drinking more water and the treadmill are good ideas. Are u veggie? If so, perhaps u could reduce the carbs a little and up the protein? If not, try a few red days?

Eat more speed and superspeed? More fibre to feel fuller (just googled for ideas) oats, quorn, broccoli, cauli, cabbage, raspberries, celery, leafy greens inc salad leaves, squash, kidney beans, mushrooms and oranges, scan bran eg: scan bran cake

Have more Speed and Superspeed foods? Read thro' some of the food diaries here for inspiration?

Not sure that ur eating too many syns though - I've tried having low syn days this week (to compensate for meals out) but that left me feeling deprived, a bit grumpy with some boring meals but as ur Mum says u have loads of willpower!!

Maybe look for some lower syn options for the foods u like? I also find going back to basics and reading the SW booklets is useful?

I'm sure more will come off next week if u stick to the plan. Good luck!

Right! My mission this week... 2lbs off!!!

I will try and drink 2L a day of water, I don't think I'm drinking enough, I used to drink this much, then I stopped! I am going to try and get on the treadmill a few times. And see if I can shift these few lbs and get past this 11 stone mark once and for all.

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated lol

Yay, go for it CJ. I often i tend to drink more but end up not doing it. I will try and follow your lead this week. Will buy a 1 litre bottle of water to take to work with me and will keep filling it up.

I had chicken chasseur and air fryer chips tonight, followed by some plain yogurt with a drizzle of normal honey. I left half the chips because I felt full. No stomach probs at all! Yeah! I had more doses of the manuka honey today. Must look up the syns for honey. Maybe that helped? I don't know. Must be good stuff if they use it to kill MRSA. I have one and a bit more jars left so will continue to take it as long as I can. It's very expensive but I hope to be able to slowly cut down on how much I have until I am just having one tsp a day at which point a jar should last at least a month. Raw honey is full of minerals and B vitamins so I am benefiting from those too.

Morning all. Dreary rainy day today but on the up side it's another day closer to where I want to be!

Woke up and my first thought was. I'm in the 12's!! My second thought was. I'm hungry! It seems I am getting over the nasty stomach pains. Still not feeling quite right but I am no longer scared to eat. I will try and get back to my usual SW meals now. Had fruit and yogurt for breakfast. I'm perfecting the yogurt technique and I tell you it is yummy! I have been using a mix of semi skimmed milk with skimmed milk powder. I am counting it as low fat plain yogurt which is 1 syn per 100g. I eat less than 100g per serving but will count it as 1. I have two servings a day plus 4 tsp of manuka honey at 1 syn per tsp so these add up to 6 syns per day.

So we are onto a new slimming week folks. Another chance to shrink that fat. We are all doing well!

Last edited:
I've been following your thread LJ, so glad your stomach has improved. Hopefully it's on the mend.

The honey and yogurt sound delicious, and definitely a wise use of syns I reckon.

I'd a STS this week after a VERY heavy weekend at a family party, so I am happy with that. Nothing on this weekend, so going to stick to plan as much as possible, although I do tend to relax the rules on a Saturday. I might make a curry in advance so I'm not inclined to look for something syn-tastic.

I've been following your thread LJ, so glad your stomach has improved. Hopefully it's on the mend.

The honey and yogurt sound delicious, and definitely a wise use of syns I reckon.

I'd a STS this week after a VERY heavy weekend at a family party, so I am happy with that. Nothing on this weekend, so going to stick to plan as much as possible, although I do tend to relax the rules on a Saturday. I might make a curry in advance so I'm not inclined to look for something syn-tastic.

Hi and welcome coughdrops - good to have u posting here - for me sts is sooo much better than even a tiny gain - so well done! Look forward to more news here soon!

Morning all. Dreary rainy day today but on the up side it's another day closer to where I want to be!

Woke up and my first thought was. I'm in the 12's!! My second thought was. I'm hungry! It seems I am getting over the nasty stomach pains. Still not feeling quite right but I am no longer scared to eat. I will try and get back to my usual SW meals now. Had fruit and yogurt for breakfast. I'm perfecting the yogurt technique and I tell you it is yummy! I have been using a mix of semi skimmed milk with skimmed milk powder. I am counting it as low fat plain yogurt which is 1 syn per 100g. I eat less than 100g per serving but will count it as 1. I have two servings a day plus 4 tsp of manuka honey at 1 syn per tsp so these add up to 6 syns per day.

So we are onto a new slimming week folks. Another chance to shrink that fat. We are all doing well!

Hi - so good to hear ur on the mend - yogurt sounds good too need to dust off my yog thingy and get cracking!

Good to have coughdrops on board hope other at-the-moment-readers turn into posters soon!

Hope CJ and fat2go are ok?

Didn't post yest food - I was out till late and ended up having a calorie day - started off in Costa Coffee where I resisted a GIANT custard cream at 427 calories!! but had a nice cake for 325 calories - like the idea of having food calorie counted! Then a sandwich for lunch then tea out - so guesstimated about 1600 calories in total.

Back on SW today - will have a low day in case there were hidden cals yest!

Have a good day all!

Evening my slightly smaller than you were yesterday chums :D

Welcome cough drop, nice to have you on board. Well done for staying the same! When I had a night out.. It turned into me being starving and eating all weekend and getting a gain lol so well done!

LJ you sound so much happier and back to normal again now, glad your nasty tummy demons have gone, chased at by the magical honey :) Must be nice to get back onto real food and have a change from fruit!

Upndown thank you for all your ideas, I will reply to that in a min :)

Fat2go nice to see you back, and you sound super motivated again for the week ahead, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you to break through that next stone mark!

Anyone else reading... Hello!

Has this ever happened in the past when u've dieted? Could it be fluid retention?

I think drinking more water and the treadmill are good ideas. Are u veggie? If so, perhaps u could reduce the carbs a little and up the protein? If not, try a few red days?

Eat more speed and superspeed? More fibre to feel fuller (just googled for ideas) oats, quorn, broccoli, cauli, cabbage, raspberries, celery, leafy greens inc salad leaves, squash, kidney beans, mushrooms and oranges, scan bran eg: scan bran cake

Have more Speed and Superspeed foods? Read thro' some of the food diaries here for inspiration?

Not sure that ur eating too many syns though - I've tried having low syn days this week (to compensate for meals out) but that left me feeling deprived, a bit grumpy with some boring meals but as ur Mum says u have loads of willpower!!

Maybe look for some lower syn options for the foods u like? I also find going back to basics and reading the SW booklets is useful?

I'm sure more will come off next week if u stick to the plan. Good luck!

Thank you for this! All very good tips!

I will be honest, I haven't been drinking much, just a lot of Pepsi max! So I am limiting myself to one of those a day. I have a 1L bottle at work that I will fill with water and make sure I drink it all, I took a bottle of squash in with me today to make me drink more, I get bored of water. I also took some more fruit tea, I'd ran out. So I have no excuse to drink lots at work! I will try and drink 1L at home in the evening to. See if that helps.

i am not a veggie, but I have been loving my veg things this week. Maybe you are right more protein, I will try that to. I will read up on the red days. Maybe like LJ was trying got experiment.. A change for the week might be a kick start.

I really like quorn, but that and wheaty things done really agree with me! So I am trying avoid those. But I am looking forward to trying those wraps!!

I might try some oranges, I don't usually go for those kind of fruits,I have cut down on bananas, I did go a bit crazy on those last week.

I did read an interesting post last night that said someone got stuck in a rut weight wise, so they tried having less syns, but that didn't work, but having their max syns did! So maybe I wasn't having enough? All things to experiment with I suppose lol

Food today...

Breakfast a banana mullerlight, the fruit bowl was empty lol actimel (1.5 syns) it does annoy me that this has syns lol

Lunch you guessed it! Jacket potato and beans and cheese (hexa)

Snack a few bits of mango. But was full up from Lunch

Tea (you'll be Impressed with this.. I was lol) so I weight out 300g chips... Then put 100g back in the bag and thought no I don't need that many. So had 200g (2syns), leftover veg chilli from last night (peppers, cauliflower, brocolli. Carrot, peas, tomatoes) some salad leaves, mayo (1syn)

(4.5 syns total)

plus 1L of water, 1 fruit tea and a Pepsi max. I'm making a dent in my other 1L now :)

P.s I think my stupid sinus infection is trying to get me again! Am I lacking something that is making me run down??

Thank you for this! All very good tips!

I will be honest, I haven't been drinking much, just a lot of Pepsi max! So I am limiting myself to one of those a day. I have a 1L bottle at work that I will fill with water and make sure I drink it all, I took a bottle of squash in with me today to make me drink more, I get bored of water. I also took some more fruit tea, I'd ran out. So I have no excuse to drink lots at work! I will try and drink 1L at home in the evening to. See if that helps.

i am not a veggie, but I have been loving my veg things this week. Maybe you are right more protein, I will try that to. I will read up on the red days. Maybe like LJ was trying got experiment.. A change for the week might be a kick start.

I really like quorn, but that and wheaty things done really agree with me! So I am trying avoid those. But I am looking forward to trying those wraps!!

I might try some oranges, I don't usually go for those kind of fruits,I have cut down on bananas, I did go a bit crazy on those last week.

I did read an interesting post last night that said someone got stuck in a rut weight wise, so they tried having less syns, but that didn't work, but having their max syns did! So maybe I wasn't having enough? All things to experiment with I suppose lol

Yes lots to learn about our bodies and healthy eating - worth experimenting - I find when I eat the same stuff I get complacent forget to weigh etc so more syns creep in, fewer S and SS and veer away from other SW principles!

I'm not very good for drinking either - it's something I'm trying to improve on!

Hopefully u'll have a good loss next week - whatever u do (apart from going off plan lol) and that'll give u a boost - good luck!

Food today...

Breakfast a banana mullerlight, the fruit bowl was empty lol actimel (1.5 syns) it does annoy me that this has syns lol

Lunch you guessed it! Jacket potato and beans and cheese (hexa)

Snack a few bits of mango. But was full up from Lunch

Tea (you'll be Impressed with this.. I was lol) so I weight out 300g chips... Then put 100g back in the bag and thought no I don't need that many. So had 200g (2syns), leftover veg chilli from last night (peppers, cauliflower, brocolli. Carrot, peas, tomatoes) some salad leaves, mayo (1syn)

(4.5 syns total)

plus 1L of water, 1 fruit tea and a Pepsi max. I'm making a dent in my other 1L now :)

ooooh v impressed with the chips restriction! That equates to me eating half a Freddo (as if I cd do that!)

P.s I think my stupid sinus infection is trying to get me again! Am I lacking something that is making me run down??

After this long, wet winter - don't think any of us are at our best - plus less fresh air, exercise, less vitamin D from the sun, dried out from central heating etc!

My OH suffers from sinus too - he finds a spicy curry or chilli clears the tubes! Any tips for him - he's had surgery in the past too.

I've still got that throat restriction thing - flipping annoying - hope ur sinuses clear soon!

After this long, wet winter - don't think any of us are at our best - plus less fresh air, exercise, less vitamin D from the sun, dried out from central heating etc!

My OH suffers from sinus too - he finds a spicy curry or chilli clears the tubes! Any tips for him - he's had surgery in the past too.

I've still got that throat restriction thing - flipping annoying - hope ur sinuses clear soon!

Sorry to hear you still have your throat issues! Hope that clears up soon. Is it affecting your eating?

The sinus thing, I think that might be why I have been feeling tired this week. I feel shattered. When I had it before it wiped out my energy. Sudafed is the best thing I've found so far. There's so many different ones, the max strength one is good stuff. Doesn't always get rid of the headache, sometimes I have to have some ibroprofen to. Well I have just had a chilli so hopefully that sorts me out :)

I have just been looking through my food diary from my 2lb loss week. Interestingly I did use nearly all my syns that week. Food wise it was similar to what I'm having now, but most days I was at least 12 syns. So I like the idea of having more "naughty" treats hehe

so to top up my syns today... I had a cadburys moose egg... (10) worth every last little syn lol it was super sickly, but yummy!

I have just been looking through my food diary from my 2lb loss week. Interestingly I did use nearly all my syns that week. Food wise it was similar to what I'm having now, but most days I was at least 12 syns. So I like the idea of having more "naughty" treats hehe

so to top up my syns today... I had a cadburys moose egg... (10) worth every last little syn lol it was super sickly, but yummy!

That is interesting - don't our bodies work in strange ways? Did u have the Cadburys egg in the house - if so MEGA RESPECT for not eating it earlier!!

Sorry to hear you still have your throat issues! Hope that clears up soon. Is it affecting your eating?

The sinus thing, I think that might be why I have been feeling tired this week. I feel shattered. When I had it before it wiped out my energy. Sudafed is the best thing I've found so far. There's so many different ones, the max strength one is good stuff. Doesn't always get rid of the headache, sometimes I have to have some ibroprofen to. Well I have just had a chilli so hopefully that sorts me out :)

I'll pass the Sudafed tip on - he does use Ibuprofen to reduce the inflammation when necy - sinusitis drains his energy too.

Yes throat thing does affect eating in that I need to eat things that slip down - choc works nicely - strange that eh?

Back