LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Good morning. The removal man is running late so Im sitting here waiting for him. I feel quite anxious today but I think its just all the moving things. I dont feel hungry, which is highly unusual , so thats good. I hope everyone has a good day.

'morning - yes I'm sure it is an anxious time - not helped by the man being late I suppose. At least ur not turning to food for comfort! Hope he turns up soon and ur day goes well.

Good morning my friends. Monday is here. Grey and wet and I don't want to go to work. The nice thing is I don't start until 10.30am today so I have time to loiter on Minimins for awhile. :)

Yesterday was not the best food day. I felt very hungry all day but suffer if I eat full meals.

Breakfast: yogurt and honey (1 syn)
Snack: banana
Lunch: broccoli soup and a slice of spelt bread (uncomfortable after this)
Snack: fresh cherries and a glass of wine 9 syns (uncomfortable from too many cherries)
Dinner: garlic chicken, cauliflower, smash, gravy (1.5 syns for the Maggi paper) felt horrible from eating too much as it was so nice.

So I have this fear now. As I have started eating more after my three weeks of starvation I will probably be holding more food in my digestive system and that will mean I weigh more. I have had a brilliant run of losing every week since I started SW and I am going to be upset if this weeks result is a sts or a gain. I am trying to come to terms with the likelihood of this happening and trying to work it out in my head that it's not so bad and I don't need to let it knock me off balance.

Mo, I hope your day goes well and that you have a nice low quote from the removal people.

Upndown, chocolate brownies sound so appealing. I can't try those due to my chocolate allergy. Probably for the best!

CJ you are already at work as I write this. i am sure we will be in touch.

Coughdrops and fat2go, hello! Where are you both?

Have a great day everyone. Stay on plan. Keep plodding forward. Hup 2, 3, 4!

Hi - oh no not another bad food day - here's hoping u soon find the right balance to suit your digestive system. You seem to have arranged yesterday's food well with regular meals/snacks. Maggi paper sounds intriguing what is it pls?

Weight's a funny old thing isn't it and I can understand ur concern about putting weight on this week - but ur in a dilemma cos u can't carry on with the tiny rations u were on b4 can u?

We'll do all we can to support u from going off balance - temporarily would be be able to think about ur weight loss as an average over the past 4 weeks until u'r able to eat properly? J

ust an idea and not sure it wd work for me as I'm so sensitive about this subject. Perhaps u or others will have a better idea.

Whatever u do - u have done so well and having reached Club 10 - u have gained significant health benefits (bar ur digestive system) and ur weight will only increase slightly following ur near starvation period so u won't lose the health benefits.

Presumably, u've also 'got into the swing' of eating less and healthier and I can't seeing u going back to whatever u were doing before - ur in ur 15th week now so ur new habits shd be well established and CJ knows where u live if u go awol here!!

I hope ur able to eat little and often today.

Blue sky and sunshine here today but it's cold - just right for a long walk but I have a long To Do list so may not be able to fit that in!

Oh no - just eaten 3 of those brownies - less than 3 syns without the yucky topping but planned to have them for dessert tonight perhaps Phil will let me have his 3! Next time will make half the quantity to avoid temptation!

Why didn't I have some soup?! Posting to stop me doing more damage - hope it works!

oh dear. I hope the posting worked for you and you didnt carry on eating. Soup is great for filling up isnt it?

Hello. Ive never tried making broccoli soup. I think you put the recipe on here I will have a look. My favourite at the moment is butternut squash and sweet potato soup .

Hello. Ive never tried making broccoli soup. I think you put the recipe on here I will have a look. My favourite at the moment is butternut squash and sweet potato soup .

Oh wow that sounds good! The possibilities are endless aren't they? I don't use recipes for soup anymore. I just make it up as I go along. It always turns out ok. The only one that didn't was chicken soup. I will just stick to the veggie soups from now on.

Ive just been looking at recipes for broccoli soup and a few add the bkue cheese laughing cow triangles and I quite fancy trying that. I made the superspeed soup and enjoyed it.

Hi - oh no not another bad food day - here's hoping u soon find the right balance to suit your digestive system. You seem to have arranged yesterday's food well with regular meals/snacks. Maggi paper sounds intriguing what is it pls?

Weight's a funny old thing isn't it and I can understand ur concern about putting weight on this week - but ur in a dilemma cos u can't carry on with the tiny rations u were on b4 can u?

We'll do all we can to support u from going off balance - temporarily would be be able to think about ur weight loss as an average over the past 4 weeks until u'r able to eat properly? J

ust an idea and not sure it wd work for me as I'm so sensitive about this subject. Perhaps u or others will have a better idea.

Whatever u do - u have done so well and having reached Club 10 - u have gained significant health benefits (bar ur digestive system) and ur weight will only increase slightly following ur near starvation period so u won't lose the health benefits.

Presumably, u've also 'got into the swing' of eating less and healthier and I can't seeing u going back to whatever u were doing before - ur in ur 15th week now so ur new habits shd be well established and CJ knows where u live if u go awol here!!

I hope ur able to eat little and often today.

Blue sky and sunshine here today but it's cold - just right for a long walk but I have a long To Do list so may not be able to fit that in!

Upndown, Maggi papers are herb covered papyrus sheets in a packet of four. You wrap the chicken in one and cook gently in a frying pan. They are delicious and like magic. They are found in the supermarkets beside the cook in bag type things.

Thank you for the suggestion of averaging my weight loss over the last four weeks. That is very helpful actually. Perhaps I can just look at this month by month. I always sign up to the monthly tally thread. My goal is always 6lb for the month. I am still working on my mindset to deal with whatever happens on Wednesday. Thank you again for your opinion on the subject. It helps with me getting this one weig in into perspective. I still feel just as motivated to continue.

CJ knows where I live but as I am 200 miles away she can't easily turn up on my doorstep! However I know she will be there helping by text if I have a wobble. What would I do without her!

Today was Ok until this afternoon. I took delivery of some tiny liquorice juice 'sweets'. Sugar free, just hardened liquorice juice in pieces the size of garden peas. I sucked one and it was SO strong I had to spit the last bit out. Tasted like burnt plastic! Anyway I will be throwing them away for sure. Unfortunately not long afterwards I had quite severe stomach pains. That nasty sweet was irritating the ulcer it was supposed to be helping! I gave in and took some gaviscon. I try to avoid antacids but couldn't concentrate on work. I googled up whether the liquorice juice could cause pain and it seems that a small number of people do get pain from eating it. Sigh. Me included. The liquorice tablets I take every day have the thing i reacted to removed which is why I get no reaction from them. Lesson learned anyway.

My back pain and knee pain is less since I went back onto the Flexacil tablets. Still waiting on the SAM-e tablets. I have high hopes for them. They should arrive by the end of the week.

It has been quite wet and showery today here in the south of the country. Not great for the mood I must say. However, the fact that I am recovering and have less pain is boosting my mood and my motivation. Looking forward to the springtime to do more walking.

Did you manage a walk upndown? Or did the todo list win?

Last edited:
Food for today.

Breakfast: homemade plain yogurt, 1tsp honey (1 syn)
Lunch: veggie soup, spelt bread (hex b)
Dinner: cold chicken, baked beans, SW chips. Stopped when I was full. Yay! Threw away half the chips.
Evening treat: glass of white wine (9 syns) Yes, I am able to have wine again although I probably shouldn't!

I just want to add that our little group here on my thread is by far the most important support I have in continuing the SW plan. I am realising that I don't really need the group as much as I thought. I never stay anyway. I just weigh and go. So it is likely that I will stop going when my countdown runs out in april. I will discuss it with CJ in person when I visit in early April.

153 days to move day. It's flying by! It was 212 when I started the countdown chart.

Evening all!

Well it started off lovely and sunny and blue sky.. Then the rain and grey clouds set I .. The. Blue sky again! So I think we had a mix of LJ and Upndowns weather!

It is frog season again.. How do I know this you might wonder? I came home to find the 3rd frog of the week chilling in the kitchen, wondering where the ponds gone lol! Cats hey.....

I have a very needy kitty cat trying to sit on my ipad lol makes typing a little tricky :)

Mo how is the packing coming along? Are you managing to stay on track with your eating? Feel free to post your food diary here to, it helps me to do that, then I can get opinions from others if they think not enough superfree etc. Upndown and I have hijacked LJs thread hehe

LJ glad to hear you are starting to have your treats back (wine!). That is progress, your herbal remedies are working! Makes you wonder what other things can be sorted with herbal things rather than the drugs the drs like to resort to. 200 miles is only a few hours drive... Just remember that ;) hehehehe

You have been loosing average of 1.5lbs ish a week, so if you do gain, it will surely be minimal as you would of been loosing about 1.5lbs if you were on plan anyway. The less you eat the more your body tends to hold onto, so you might be surprised on those scales! If not, pick yourself up and plod back on. It will all even itself out in the coming weeks. Just focus on the fact you had to get yourself better so it's worth it.

upndown I think I will do the 100 mile challenge. I did 4 miles the other week, and 3 yesterday. I can do this! I didn't get on the treadmill.. My problem is when I get in from work I want my tea. Then when I've had tea and a sit down.. I don't wants the get up and exercise. Although I may start doing 2 miles then have my tea. Or I could have something that goes in the oven so I can just leave it cooking and walk! You are sounding very motivated now and you should be pleased with yourself! The scales are going to say good things!

Fat2go where are you?? I hope you are ok. We know that it can be tough sometimes, so come back and let us help you!

Food today..

breakfast banana, plum and natural yogurt

lunch jacket potato, beans and cheese (hexa)

snack some blueberries and grapes

Tea - pasta (weighed out 100g which I think on the packet is a portion??), boiled chicken, tomato pasta sauce (3syns), sweetcorn and peppers and cheese (5syns)

8 syns total so far

oh and tragic news.... I made a special trip to Asda for my new favourite wraps! And the shelf was bare....!!! :( so no wraps for me. I will take some of my tea leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

I just want to add that our little group here on my thread is by far the most important support I have in continuing the SW plan. I am realising that I don't really need the group as much as I thought. I never stay anyway. I just weigh and go. So it is likely that I will stop going when my countdown runs out in april. I will discuss it with CJ in person when I visit in early April.

153 days to move day. It's flying by! It was 212 when I started the countdown chart.

wow 153 days! It is flying by! Just think how small you will be by august :)

I am watching obese a year to save my life.. I really feel for this lady! She's finding it so hard, I think she's cried for most of the hour long programme. They are trying to teach her potion control (one of my issues!). So they put her on these packet meals.

I am going to try and have smaller portions this week. I will have the recommended portion sizes.. Rather than just pouring out half a bag of rice or pasta etc lol

I am watching obese a year to save my life.. I really feel for this lady! She's finding it so hard, I think she's cried for most of the hour long programme. They are trying to teach her potion control (one of my issues!). So they put her on these packet meals.

I am going to try and have smaller portions this week. I will have the recommended portion sizes.. Rather than just pouring out half a bag of rice or pasta etc lol

Yes I love my food and used to think it was ok to have the same portion size as my hubby who's much taller than me and my teenage boys!!

SW doesn't help with that in a way - we know the small print says we should eat to satisfy our appetites but it takes a hot drink after the meal + about 20 mins for me to feel satisfied or overfull!

In theory I suppose we could have smaller portion to start with - then if we're really not hungry - have some more - ok with a salad or cold meals but with a hot meal that'd be a bit of a faff to cook more - and too tempting to have yummy food hanging around!

I'm finding Success Express is interesting in that regard - having 2/3 suprefree with every meal is suiting me as I like fruit and veg but found the 1/3 free wasn't really filling me up but after a few days - I'm no longer feeling hungry!

I also like it that Succ Exp allows up to 4 HEs on Extra Easy - so may carry on with it for a bit longer - but I'll up the syns to 10 most days I think (I've been trying to have less syns this week cos I want a good loss this week).

Oooh WI v soon!

Food today..

breakfast banana, plum and natural yogurt

lunch jacket potato, beans and cheese (hexa)

snack some blueberries and grapes

Tea - pasta (weighed out 100g which I think on the packet is a portion??), boiled chicken, tomato pasta sauce (3syns), sweetcorn and peppers and cheese (5syns)

8 syns total so far

oh and tragic news.... I made a special trip to Asda for my new favourite wraps! And the shelf was bare....!!! :( so no wraps for me. I will take some of my tea leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

A really good day again but boo to Asda for running out of wraps!!

Evening all!

Well it started off lovely and sunny and blue sky.. Then the rain and grey clouds set I .. The. Blue sky again! So I think we had a mix of LJ and Upndowns weather!

It is frog season again.. How do I know this you might wonder? I came home to find the 3rd frog of the week chilling in the kitchen, wondering where the ponds gone lol! Cats hey.....

I have a very needy kitty cat trying to sit on my ipad lol makes typing a little tricky :)

Mo how is the packing coming along? Are you managing to stay on track with your eating? Feel free to post your food diary here to, it helps me to do that, then I can get opinions from others if they think not enough superfree etc. Upndown and I have hijacked LJs thread hehe

LJ glad to hear you are starting to have your treats back (wine!). That is progress, your herbal remedies are working! Makes you wonder what other things can be sorted with herbal things rather than the drugs the drs like to resort to. 200 miles is only a few hours drive... Just remember that ;) hehehehe

You have been loosing average of 1.5lbs ish a week, so if you do gain, it will surely be minimal as you would of been loosing about 1.5lbs if you were on plan anyway. The less you eat the more your body tends to hold onto, so you might be surprised on those scales! If not, pick yourself up and plod back on. It will all even itself out in the coming weeks. Just focus on the fact you had to get yourself better so it's worth it.

upndown I think I will do the 100 mile challenge. I did 4 miles the other week, and 3 yesterday. I can do this! I didn't get on the treadmill.. My problem is when I get in from work I want my tea. Then when I've had tea and a sit down.. I don't wants the get up and exercise. Although I may start doing 2 miles then have my tea. Or I could have something that goes in the oven so I can just leave it cooking and walk! You are sounding very motivated now and you should be pleased with yourself! The scales are going to say good things!

Fat2go where are you?? I hope you are ok. We know that it can be tough sometimes, so come back and let us help you!

Good for u for taking on the challenge! I could do better with mine - my weak excuses are that I'm a wuss and we've had a lot of cold rainy days here - will have to get going!

How cute a real live Freddo in ur kitchen - he was lucky the cat didn't eat him - perhaps he thought it wasn't worth it for 5 syns!

Fat2go, if you are reading this, please come back and let us know how you are doing. I am sure I'm not the only one missing your words of wisdom. If you need support, we are here to give it.

Yes fat2go I've been thinking of u but don't want to bombard u with messages on ur thread! Hope ur ok??

Back