LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

I just want to add that our little group here on my thread is by far the most important support I have in continuing the SW plan. I am realising that I don't really need the group as much as I thought. I never stay anyway. I just weigh and go. So it is likely that I will stop going when my countdown runs out in april. I will discuss it with CJ in person when I visit in early April.

153 days to move day. It's flying by! It was 212 when I started the countdown chart.

It's lovely that these days are passing by so quickly! Agree that this thread is doing wonders for me too - u know I'm addicted and hubby thinks it's doing me the world of good too!

Food for today.

Breakfast: homemade plain yogurt, 1tsp honey (1 syn)
Snack: banana
Lunch: veggie soup, spelt bread (hex b)
Snack: banana
Dinner: cold chicken, baked beans, SW chips. Stopped when I was full. Yay! Threw away half the chips.
Evening treat: glass of white wine (9 syns) Yes, I am able to have wine again although I probably shouldn't!

I live by the saying - a little of what u fancy does u good!! Ok I've overdone it in the past but on the straight & narrow under ur leadership now!

Glad to see ur eating more normally now and impressive restraint on the chips!

My food went like this:

b'fast - 35g muesli soaked in fat free from frais and 2/3 berries

naughty mid morning snack - choc brownies no topping - wasn't even hungry! 3 syns

lunch - SW veg soup

tea - leftover turkey with 2/3 salad

dessert - choc brownies (no topping) 3 syns, fat free from frais, 2/3 rasps

Drinks - Water, diet drinks, fruit tea

Upndown, Maggi papers are herb covered papyrus sheets in a packet of four. You wrap the chicken in one and cook gently in a frying pan. They are delicious and like magic. They are found in the supermarkets beside the cook in bag type things.

Thank you for the suggestion of averaging my weight loss over the last four weeks. That is very helpful actually. Perhaps I can just look at this month by month. I always sign up to the monthly tally thread. My goal is always 6lb for the month. I am still working on my mindset to deal with whatever happens on Wednesday. Thank you again for your opinion on the subject. It helps with me getting this one weig in into perspective. I still feel just as motivated to continue.

CJ knows where I live but as I am 200 miles away she can't easily turn up on my doorstep! However I know she will be there helping by text if I have a wobble. What would I do without her!

Today was Ok until this afternoon. I took delivery of some tiny liquorice juice 'sweets'. Sugar free, just hardened liquorice juice in pieces the size of garden peas. I sucked one and it was SO strong I had to spit the last bit out. Tasted like burnt plastic! Anyway I will be throwing them away for sure. Unfortunately not long afterwards I had quite severe stomach pains. That nasty sweet was irritating the ulcer it was supposed to be helping! I gave in and took some gaviscon. I try to avoid antacids but couldn't concentrate on work. I googled up whether the liquorice juice could cause pain and it seems that a small number of people do get pain from eating it. Sigh. Me included. The liquorice tablets I take every day have the thing i reacted to removed which is why I get no reaction from them. Lesson learned anyway.

My back pain and knee pain is less since I went back onto the Flexacil tablets. Still waiting on the SAM-e tablets. I have high hopes for them. They should arrive by the end of the week.

It has been quite wet and showery today here in the south of the country. Not great for the mood I must say. However, the fact that I am recovering and have less pain is boosting my mood and my motivation. Looking forward to the springtime to do more walking.

Did you manage a walk upndown? Or did the todo list win?

Thanks for Maggi explanation - will give those a try.

Good to read ur on the mend but a nuisance about the liquorice 'sweets' but as u say a lesson - we're all different and natural remedies def work but sometimes it takes a while to find the remedy!

It was a bright sunny day but the To Do list won - lots of things to catch up on cos of my time away last week - could have fitted 30 mins in I suppose - will do something 2moro.

Hope everyone has a good day 2moro.

Good morning SW soldiers! The sun is shining here and I feel quite upbeat :) I stayed up late last night playing a computer game. Finally put the light off at 1am. Slept badly due to a painful knee. I was silly and carried something heavy yesterday for quite a distance. i think thats what did it. The knee is one I damaged years ago and had operated on. Last June I tripped and fell onto it on concrete and it has been getting progressively worse since then. Even before yesterday it was swollen and I am not able to straighten or bend it fully. Today it hurts to walk and to bend it. I am walking like I have a wooden leg. Ho hum...

Apart from that I am feeling OK about weigh in tomorrow. More or less ready to face what happens without getting upset. I know I have done well until now and I know I want to continue and I know there are going to be stumbling blocks along the way that I must learn to deal with. This journey we are on is not a finite one. We are on this for good if we are to get and stay slim. For me I think the losing phase is easier than the maintenance phase will be. When we are in the losing phase we have something to aim for. A progression of downward readings on the scale. I have no idea how maintenance works but I am planning to find out!

Have a lovely Tuesday my friends!

oh dear your knee sounds so very painful. Do you think you need to get it looked at by the Doctor? I slep like a log last night which is te first time in ages. Im going for a swim soon. I usually swim for an hour, only breast stroke. Afterwards I usually feel relaxed and less anxious. I hope everyone has a good day.

Well my knee has decreed I have at least the morning off work. I couldn't even get into the car without practically yelling out. No way can I drive it so I have hobbled back inside. Nothing for it but to make a cup of tea and rest it. :(

That might sound good but I am self employed so I don't get sick pay if I can't work. Sigh...

Budge up dog I need to put my feet up on the settee!

Sorry to hear about ur knee - u are in the wars! I hope that settles down soon - and that u have sufficient food stores to last the day?!

I agree that maintaining our goal weight is going to be a challenge - one I've failed on many times - but as u've mentioned previously ur going to get rid of all ur larger clothes - I'm going to do the same - so unless our new wardrobe is going to elasticated top to toe (v sophisticated!) if we don't maintain our weight we'll be walking around in the nude not a good upndown look!

Another bright but cold day here - aim to go for a walk but the shop said my new wedding ring will arrive today - so I'll to wait in for that - it's daft but I feel excited! Also need to do some boring stuff b4 going out.

I seem to have adjusted to Success Express now - but cos I'm going for 2.5/3lb loss this week I'm trying to eat less than the full allowance - so been hungry a few times - not something I'm used too!

Enjoy ur enforced rest and hope u'll be on parade soon! Hup 2, 3, 4...

oh dear your knee sounds so very painful. Do you think you need to get it looked at by the Doctor? I slep like a log last night which is te first time in ages. Im going for a swim soon. I usually swim for an hour, only breast stroke. Afterwards I usually feel relaxed and less anxious. I hope everyone has a good day.

They say swimming is the best all round exercise - so u'll be burning off the calories too! Hope it relaxes you too - you have a lot on.

I hope you have a good day - when do u weigh urself?

Hi everyone - hope u've all had a good day? Here's how my day went:

b'fast - 35g muesli, fat free greek yog, bowl 2/3 raspberries

lunch - SW veg soup, 1 SW brownie 2 syn, fat free yog, 2/3 plate raspberries

tea - SW mushy pea curry with veg & turkey, rice - dessert - last SW brownie! 2 syns, ff yog, banana & 1/2 tsp chopped nuts 1 syn?

Fruit tea, water, diet drinks

Total Syns = 5

Evening all!

oooh weigh day tomorrow. Scary times. Although u do feel less scared knowing I can weigh at home and in the morning! And I don't have to not drink and eat to much before weigh in lol

Well LJ is my witness I managed a 1 mile walk at lunch! (I used my walking app, that LJ is my friend on lol so we can see when the other has been walking!) We have a big sainsburys and shopping center near work, so I drove there and did a few laps of the car park lol not the most exciting walk, but got my mile in :) i might try this again tomorrow. My foot was hurting a little today, so I'll see how it is tomorrow.

Upndown I'm looking forward to seeing your loss on your success express week. I might try this next week.

LJ I hope your knee is feeling a bit better after your rest day and I hope doggy didn't hog the sofa all day :)

Mo I hope you enjoyed your swim! I like swimming, it's just so expensive here, we only have 1 pool apart from ones In Fancy gyms. The one I sometimes go to is nearly £5 a time. So that puts me off going a lot!

Ok today's food..

Breakfast a plum and grapes (early start today)

Snacks 2 x bananas

Lunch - leftover chicken pasta with sweetcorn, peppers and tomato pasta sauce (3syns)

Snack - grapes, plum

Tea - tinned potatoes, fried with frylight and garlic, chicken, salad, beans, a little be good to yourself coleslaw (3syns)

so 6 syns total.

omg no hexa or hexb today! Bring back the wraps :(

Ok today's food..

Breakfast a plum and grapes (early start today)

Snacks 2 x bananas

Lunch - leftover chicken pasta with sweetcorn, peppers and tomato pasta sauce (3syns)

Snack - grapes, plum

Tea - tinned potatoes, fried with frylight and garlic, chicken, salad, beans, a little be good to yourself coleslaw (3syns)

so 6 syns total.

omg no hexa or hexb today! Bring back the wraps :(

Food looks delish - Tues is a good day for no H Extras!

Feel ok about WI - best week I've had for a while - so hoping for a good loss! How about u?

Evening all!

oooh weigh day tomorrow. Scary times. Although u do feel less scared knowing I can weigh at home and in the morning! And I don't have to not drink and eat to much before weigh in lol

Well LJ is my witness I managed a 1 mile walk at lunch! (I used my walking app, that LJ is my friend on lol so we can see when the other has been walking!) We have a big sainsburys and shopping center near work, so I drove there and did a few laps of the car park lol not the most exciting walk, but got my mile in :) i might try this again tomorrow. My foot was hurting a little today, so I'll see how it is tomorrow.

Upndown I'm looking forward to seeing your loss on your success express week. I might try this next week.

LJ I hope your knee is feeling a bit better after your rest day and I hope doggy didn't hog the sofa all day :)

Who needs a swim when u've had a walk and no H Ex's - go careful on ur foot!

Hello everyone. You really have a brilliant griup here. I loved the swim . I swam for an hour and did 82 lengths in the half size pool ie 12.5 m instead of 25m. So it was like swimming 41 in a narmal pool. I started going last November on a months trial membership and just loved it. I have never in my life joined a gym before or swam each day like this. Ive missed 10 days and so today was fantastic. If there hadnt been an aquafit class coming up I would have carried on longer.
I weigh in on a Thursday. I hope everyone has had a good day. LJ how is your knee now?

Hello everyone. You really have a brilliant griup here. I loved the swim . I swam for an hour and did 82 lengths in the half size pool ie 12.5 m instead of 25m. So it was like swimming 41 in a narmal pool. I started going last November on a months trial membership and just loved it. I have never in my life joined a gym before or swam each day like this. Ive missed 10 days and so today was fantastic. If there hadnt been an aquafit class coming up I would have carried on longer.
I weigh in on a Thursday. I hope everyone has had a good day. LJ how is your knee now?

Hi - wow that's impressive swimming and u still had more to give - such good exercise and no pressure on the joints!!

Do you go to the gym too? (On another day I mean!)

Only 1 more day for your WI then - glad ur enjoying the thread!

Well my knee has decreed I have at least the morning off work. I couldn't even get into the car without practically yelling out. No way can I drive it so I have hobbled back inside. Nothing for it but to make a cup of tea and rest it. :(

That might sound good but I am self employed so I don't get sick pay if I can't work. Sigh...

Budge up dog I need to put my feet up on the settee!

Hope ur knee felt better with rest and that you've had a good pre WI day - take care.

Feel ok about WI - best week I've had for a while - so hoping for a good loss! How about u?

Im a little nervous after my ma mouth buffet pig out Friday night, but I hope as I've been good since, it won't affect things.. And I did get a little exercise in there!

Can't see the 'Like' so here's a home made one LIKE!!

Back