LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Good luck with ur WI - I'm sure LJ will encourage u to post ur food diary here - I started doing it as a newbie and just realised now I could have been raining on ur parade LJ!

But I think the consensus here is that we learn from one another inc our food diaries - if not LJ now is the time to ban them!!

Glad u found those ingredients - SW and here really encourage us to try new things don't they? And they say that variety is the spice of life - certainly helps me to stay on track! Let us know how the broccoli soup turns out - I often have soup for lunch and inc bits of broccoli but never had it as the main ingredient.

I wd imagine that SW along with counting fat grams is the perfect healthy way to lose weight and u could follow that for life. Let us know how u get on with your weigh in.

LOL I for one have ditched my own thread and hijacked LJs lol but yes I find it helpful seeing what everyone else is eating :) gives you ideas to.

Oh dear not a good fruit day but a v low syn day!! Could u make SW muffins to use up the blueberries they're so expensive.

Sorry but I smiled at the 1st Maggi attempt - soooo like me!

It has been a low syn day and not even intentional!

Maggi tip... Read the instructions properly lol and use a low heat!

Yes i I could try the muffins. I got them from Aldi they were only 89p I think so not to bad, but not good if I only end up eating 1/2 lol

AAAAH - read the instructions - now that's a thought - esp with my culinary disaster record!!

You girls are so busy with your posts tonight. I like it!

Regarding posting your food intake here, please do go ahead! I don't think of it as my thread. It's OUR thread. :) Post whatever you want!

Here is my food for the day.

Breakfast: plain yogurt, 1tsp honey (1 syn)
Snack: banana
Lunch: broccoli soup, spelt bread (hex b)
Snack: fresh cherries
Dinner: chicken in a Maggi paper (1.5 syns), salad, small blob of cottage cheese - I served myself a small meal tonight and had no ill effects
Evening treat: small glass of red wine (say 6 syns)

Amazed to discover my total calorie intake today was 1073. How can it be so low? I have not been hungry at all. Not felt deprived. Thank you Slimming World.

Oh and one more thing. I had to go out tonight to fetch something and as it was that time, I stopped off and got weighed at my SW group. Result was I have put on 1.5lb. I will stick with my new home readings though. I like them better LOL! I intend to weigh every day but will only report on Wednesdays.

CJ about the Maggi chicken. When I made it at Christmas at your grandma's on her gas cooker, I had problems with not being able to get the burner low enough and it did turn out rather well done. I am very glad I am taking my cooker with me when I move. I will be doing all the cooking so it will be nice to have my trusty electric cooker with the easy clean ceramic hob!

I found out this evening that my kefir grains were delivered to my workplace yesterday morning. I was off work with my knee prob so didn't know. They should be refrigerated but were left out all day yesterday and today until I rushed over and fetched them tonight. They must be used within 48 hours of receipt or there is a risk they will die. I got them into the milk as soon as I could but I had bought semi skimmed instead of whole milk so I hope they survive this round and then next time I will feed them what they prefer! They are safe and warm in my airing cupboard. Let's see what tomorrow brings....

I found out this evening that my kefir grains were delivered to my workplace yesterday morning. I was off work with my knee prob so didn't know. They should be refrigerated but were left out all day yesterday and today until I rushed over and fetched them tonight. They must be used within 48 hours of receipt or there is a risk they will die. I got them into the milk as soon as I could but I had bought semi skimmed instead of whole milk so I hope they survive this round and then next time I will feed them what they prefer! They are safe and warm in my airing cupboard. Let's see what tomorrow brings....

Gosh they are delicate things - like having a new baby in the house"

You girls are so busy with your posts tonight. I like it!

Regarding posting your food intake here, please do go ahead! I don't think of it as my thread. It's OUR thread. :) Post whatever you want!

Here is my food for the day.

Breakfast: plain yogurt, 1tsp honey (1 syn)
Snack: banana
Lunch: broccoli soup, spelt bread (hex b)
Snack: fresh cherries
Dinner: chicken in a Maggi paper (1.5 syns), salad, small blob of cottage cheese - I served myself a small meal tonight and had no ill effects
Evening treat: small glass of red wine (say 6 syns)

Amazed to discover my total calorie intake today was 1073. How can it be so low? I have not been hungry at all. Not felt deprived. Thank you Slimming World.

Oh and one more thing. I had to go out tonight to fetch something and as it was that time, I stopped off and got weighed at my SW group. Result was I have put on 1.5lb. I will stick with my new home readings though. I like them better LOL! I intend to weigh every day but will only report on Wednesdays.

CJ about the Maggi chicken. When I made it at Christmas at your grandma's on her gas cooker, I had problems with not being able to get the burner low enough and it did turn out rather well done. I am very glad I am taking my cooker with me when I move. I will be doing all the cooking so it will be nice to have my trusty electric cooker with the easy clean ceramic hob!

Poppy's been asleep 4 a while - she is funny - she likes to hear The Archers via radio iplayer b4 lights out!

V belated thanks for ur generosity with ur thread! As u can tell I love it here!

Like ur style with ur 2 WIs - nice that ur relaxed about it - that might have sent me on a binge but hopefully these days I'd have rattled off a load of steaming posts instead!

Ur eating is looking much more 'normal' now - so glad u've found what suits u.

Interesting to hear about the calories - I often think I must be eating loads cal wise - SW plan is cleverly set out isn't it esp EE?

Did u try SW when it was only Red & Green? EE seemed to strange when it was introduced - I for one was v doubtful it wd work - how wrong cd I be & it's taken Minimins to sort me out!

I remember reading that SW is based on satation? and satiety? I always mix the 2 up but think one is that certain foods physically fill us up like baked potatoes as opposed to crisps and others are able to make us feel full for longer eg: chicken, eggs - low fat, low cal proteins - clever stuff eh?

Night, Night all - hope everyone has a good day 2moro!

Good morning. I weighed in and have lost 2lbs this week! When I think of that as the weight of a bag og sugar I feel happy. I am awake far too early this morning but Im having my breakfast and then going swimming.I hope everyone has a really good day.

Woohoo Mo! 2lb is a good loss :) Well done! The swimming will definitely help a lot too. Do you have a special rate for regular swimmers there? I am hoping they do where I want to go. Have a lovely swim. You could do a visualisation similar to my walking one. I imagine I am leaving greasy footprints as I walk and the fat is melting. When you swim there will be blobs of melted fat swirling around behind you. LOL!!

Upndown, yes, when I was with SW years ago they only had red and green. It was during my ten year vegetarian phase so I only did green days. Hence my continued draw to the green days. I still enjoy vegetarian food but its easier to follow more mainstream ways of eating for ease of fitting in.

I would be interested in hearing more about the science of the EE plan if you have any further info. They certainly have found a brilliant system that works well for lots of people.

Soo.... Thursday is here. Can't believe the week is going so fast. I have the afternoon off today and plan to make the cheese scone recipe. I am going to have them in place of bread with my lunchtime soups. After abstaining from bread while I felt ill I feel that it is causing some negative reactions when I eat it. I like something with my soup. I think it is just psychological but these scones could be just the ticket.

I stepped on the scales this morning and do not plan to post every day about it but just wanted to comment that I am 0.2lb down, which is normal for the speed I lose weight daily at. Seeing that gave me a boost of motivation so I think this is going to work just as well as attending the group. I will probably continue to go to WI at least until my countdown expires so I have another four weeks to go.

The weather is warming up. There was a feel of spring yesterday. Those sunny warm days make me so glad, well relieved, that this year I weigh less than I did last summer. I hate being fat in hot weather. Covering up to hide the bulges. Feeling uncomfortable with how I look. Summer clothes are unforgiving.

This time next year I will be in the maintenance phase. No more dreading summer times. I will have moved and be living the next chapter of my life in my new slim body. :)

Stay strong and on plan, my friends. Have a great day! Hup 2, 3, 4!!!

Good morning. I weighed in and have lost 2lbs this week! When I think of that as the weight of a bag og sugar I feel happy. I am awake far too early this morning but Im having my breakfast and then going swimming.I hope everyone has a really good day.

Well done - that's a really good loss - as LJ say the swimming will help too - bet ur feeling good!

They are done and cooling on a rack. Will try them as soon as they cool enough to eat one. :)

OK they are ready. Taste nice. The dog loves them. They are very filling and a little dry tasting. Next time I might add an extra egg or some hot water. I think they would be good with soup.

Are they free? Smash, low fat cottage cheese and eggs.

I added them to My Fitness Pal and they have 80 cals each. Worth it!

They would be even nicer with some grated cheese on top!

Last edited:
About the kefir...

I put it into semi skimmed milk yesterday in desperation to keep it alive. Left it in the airing cupboard until a little while ago. I think i put in too much milk for the amount of grains. They grow with time. I bought some whole milk today and warmed a cupful in the microwave. Strained the grains out of the semi skimmed and have put them back in the airing cupboard in the whole milk. They take 24 hours-ish to do their magic. People seem to make it fresh every day. I was thrilled to see some new grains forming on the bottom of the jar! So they are ok. According to the instructions they take a few batches to get going after their trauma of being transported. I am excited about making it. The milk from yesterdays batch tastes acidic but I might throw it away as it is not thickened. Hopefully tomorrows results will be better and I can refrigerate the milk overnight and have it for breakfast on Saturday. The grains will go straight back into some new milk. There are 56 strains of good intestinal bacteria in kefir. I want to make this work. I am leaning more and more towards healthy eating and holistic health.

Hello. Your cheese scones sound very exciting LJ. I must admit you had my mouth watering thinking about them. I hope everyone has had a good day. I couldnt sleep this morning so had an early breakfast and went swimming. I did 80 lengths (40 in ordibary pool) by 9.30! My niece had bought me a voucher for a beauty salon for Christmas so this morning I had a pedicure and my nails painted with gel!! My feet feel so soft and light. I only have 2 more days now before Im back to the packing up of te house.

Hello. Your cheese scones sound very exciting LJ. I must admit you had my mouth watering thinking about them. I hope everyone has had a good day. I couldnt sleep this morning so had an early breakfast and went swimming. I did 80 lengths (40 in ordibary pool) by 9.30! My niece had bought me a voucher for a beauty salon for Christmas so this morning I had a pedicure and my nails painted with gel!! My feet feel so soft and light. I only have 2 more days now before Im back to the packing up of te house.

Hi - u r doing well with the swimming and what a treat afterwards - enjoy ur 2 days of freedom b4 ur back to the packing.

Yes I fancy the scones too - have bought the cottage cheese - just need to make them now - have made a cheesecake today - will report back soon! Hope u've had a good day - and another one 2moro!

About the kefir...

I put it into semi skimmed milk yesterday in desperation to keep it alive. Left it in the airing cupboard until a little while ago. I think i put in too much milk for the amount of grains. They grow with time. I bought some whole milk today and warmed a cupful in the microwave. Strained the grains out of the semi skimmed and have put them back in the airing cupboard in the whole milk. They take 24 hours-ish to do their magic. People seem to make it fresh every day. I was thrilled to see some new grains forming on the bottom of the jar! So they are ok. According to the instructions they take a few batches to get going after their trauma of being transported. I am excited about making it. The milk from yesterdays batch tastes acidic but I might throw it away as it is not thickened. Hopefully tomorrows results will be better and I can refrigerate the milk overnight and have it for breakfast on Saturday. The grains will go straight back into some new milk. There are 56 strains of good intestinal bacteria in kefir. I want to make this work. I am leaning more and more towards healthy eating and holistic health.

Thanks impressive LJ - I hope it works for you! Think all this scientific experimentation earns u the title of Prof LJ! Seriously tho' I've always tried to find natural remedies for myself and the family since I was about 18 - my maternal grandmother, who was a hill farmer, used to treat us with all kinds of potions but unfortunately I was too young to take note and was young when she died and my mother didn't preferred the the pharmaceutical grade medicines.

They are done and cooling on a rack. Will try them as soon as they cool enough to eat one. :)

OK they are ready. Taste nice. The dog loves them. They are very filling and a little dry tasting. Next time I might add an extra egg or some hot water. I think they would be good with soup.

Are they free? Smash, low fat cottage cheese and eggs.

I added them to My Fitness Pal and they have 80 cals each. Worth it!

They would be even nicer with some grated cheese on top!

Drooling already - cottage cheese waiting in the fridge - I think they'd be free or cottage cheese as HE-A? Don't use it often - also unsure about Smash will check.

How about grated parmesan for the topping it goes a long way - and found a lovely cheap one at Lidl - that cd be HE-A too - oooooh!

Drooling already - cottage cheese waiting in the fridge - I think they'd be free or cottage cheese as HE-A? Don't use it often - also unsure about Smash will check.

How about grated parmesan for the topping it goes a long way - and found a lovely cheap one at Lidl - that cd be HE-A too - oooooh!

I looked up smash and it's free. Low fat cottage cheese and eggs are free too so these amazing scones are FREE!!

Liking the idea of the parmesan topping. :)

Back