LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Hello All. Yes me too Cj I love cheese too. Sorry to hear youddnt have a good day Upndown. The weather was wonderful today, just like a summers day. Beautiful! I had a busy day with loading vans and ringing peope for the move. I had to town for more packing boxes and if course I didnt sleep well last night. I even wentoutside and washed all of the windows.
Food today- 2 toast ( malted Danish has the lowest fat content), lunch- 2 beef and cracked pepper sausages, spinach and mashed potato. blackberries and mulker light yoghurt. Butternut squash and sweet potato soup and cherries to follow.

I feel like I've missed out on the nice weather today! It's been dull and grey and cold..

Sounds like you have had a busy day! Are you any closer to getting it all finished? When is move day?

how are your sausages??

Upndown, sorry to hear about your sad time today. Well done for not giving in to it and letting it throw you off course.

The road where I live is also in the process of having the gas main replaced. They must be doing the whole country! I have not had much contact with the workmen except when I was trying to get my car past their lorries and they were very kind and helpful and called me darlin' LOL. Made me smile.

Mo, all the hard work you are doing will be worth it in the end and think of all the calories you are burning off in the process!

CJ, your dinner sounded good and I am glad to hear you enjoyed the visit from your aunt (my sister). I feel very far away and would have loved to have been there. Soon though. Soon... 146 days.

Well I had a busy afternoon, after my walk, I then nipped to the shop for a few bits. Then came back and got inspired to have a good clear out of a few cupboards in the kitchen, sorted the food out, chucked things away, cleaned them all out! Lovely!

I then decided to make carbonara for tea. I found a recipe. I can share if you are interested to try it, it was tasty and free! My sister was not so convinced but she did eat it all! Ha

Now finally sitting down. I feel tired, but have some new vitamins that have everything you could possibly need in them. So I hope I will be bouncing around before in no time lol

So..

Snack banana
tea carbonara, pasta, salad

I'm hoping my good tea and my exercise and cleaning will counteract any damage done at lunchtime.

Weds is sneaking up fast!

I text my group leader to book 6 weeks off... She never replied and I haven't heard from her since! So I guess she's given up with me and probably realises I won't be back. I was a bit scared to loose the SW app and website.. But I tend to get most recipes and ideas from minimins anyway!

Upndown, sorry to hear about your sad time today. Well done for not giving in to it and letting it throw you off course.

The road where I live is also in the process of having the gas main replaced. They must be doing the whole country! I have not had much contact with the workmen except when I was trying to get my car past their lorries and they were very kind and helpful and called me darlin' LOL. Made me smile.

Mo, all the hard work you are doing will be worth it in the end and think of all the calories you are burning off in the process!

CJ, your dinner sounded good and I am glad to hear you enjoyed the visit from your aunt (my sister). I feel very far away and would have loved to have been there. Soon though. Soon... 146 days.

Hehe at the workmen! Actually now you mention it... They have been digging up the road alongside our work car park to! The must be doing the whole country!

146 days will fly by. Then you will be back for good! Only a few weeks and you'll be here for a visit :)

It's been a beautiful day here. I walked to work this afternoon with my dog. It's a one mile round trip so I am adding another mile to my total.

We worked a little late and I don't know why but I was hoping for my colleague to suggest takeaway, fish and chips, indian, pizza, something! But no... When I got home I was glad it didn't happen because now I can feel happy about having done another day on plan. So here is my day's food.

Breakfast: yogurt and honey (1syn)
Snack: banana
Lunch: homemade veg soup followed by another banana
Snack: small pot of grapes and strawberries from Tesco
Dinner: chicken curry (mostly contains sweet potato and doesnt taste of curry at all), brown rice, romaine lettuce, beetroot.

Total calories 858
Syns 1 (could be maybe one in the curry)
No Hex's which is not good.
Will have muesli on my yogurt in the morning and maybe try to fit in some cheese somewhere for my hex a.

I weighed out the rice so that I could add it to my calorie chart. I had 50g dry rice and when cooked it didnt look much but it was actually plenty. I feel full and on the limit of too full but no pain tonight which is very good. I know I havent had many calories but this time I refuse to force anymore down. It just doesnt work. This is just showing how SW works so well!

WOW 1000 posts!!!! Thats brilliant!!!! Im sorry your group leader hasnt got back to you CJ. She could have at least acknowledged your communication. I think this thread is far better than any group and the ideas on this site are great! I was just thinking how busy we all have been today. The buffet lunch sounded lovely and it is impossible to walk passed onion bhajjis lol. Well tomorrow is yet another packing and cleaning day..... lol just for a change lol. I hope everybody has a good sleep

WOW 1000 posts!!!! Thats brilliant!!!! Im sorry your group leader hasnt got back to you CJ. She could have at least acknowledged your communication. I think this thread is far better than any group and the ideas on this site are great! I was just thinking how busy we all have been today. The buffet lunch sounded lovely and it is impossible to walk passed onion bhajjis lol. Well tomorrow is yet another packing and cleaning day..... lol just for a change lol. I hope everybody has a good sleep

The bhajis were good lol! We had had a very busy day, I'm sure we will all sleep well tonight. Back to work tomorrow after my afternoon off, I hope I can at least manage to squeeze in a mile a night on the treadmill during the week! I think I will miss it if I don't lol

Im sure you will miss the treadmill if you miss a night. I must admit Im already missing my swimming. I wont get there until at least Saturday.

Morning all. Last day before weigh in! I am in a rush but wanted to say have a great day everyone and stay on plan!

I have just eaten my breakfast of yogurt and honey and today I added 35g Dorset Cereals Muesli (HexB). Very filling and only just managed to eat it all but I think this has to be better for my body than cramming most food in the evening. Will take a banana for mid morning to help my stomach healing process.

Morning All - just reporting 4 more syns last night - in the form of 2 SW brownies topped with a teasp of Nutella - divine - making a total of 8 syns yest.

It's been a beautiful day here. I walked to work this afternoon with my dog. It's a one mile round trip so I am adding another mile to my total.

We worked a little late and I don't know why but I was hoping for my colleague to suggest takeaway, fish and chips, indian, pizza, something! But no... When I got home I was glad it didn't happen because now I can feel happy about having done another day on plan. So here is my day's food.

Breakfast: yogurt and honey (1syn)
Snack: banana
Lunch: homemade veg soup followed by another banana
Snack: small pot of grapes and strawberries from Tesco
Dinner: chicken curry (mostly contains sweet potato and doesnt taste of curry at all), brown rice, romaine lettuce, beetroot.

Total calories 858
Syns 1 (could be maybe one in the curry)
No Hex's which is not good.
Will have muesli on my yogurt in the morning and maybe try to fit in some cheese somewhere for my hex a.

I weighed out the rice so that I could add it to my calorie chart. I had 50g dry rice and when cooked it didnt look much but it was actually plenty. I feel full and on the limit of too full but no pain tonight which is very good. I know I havent had many calories but this time I refuse to force anymore down. It just doesnt work. This is just showing how SW works so well!

Another great day - no pain, exercise plus healthy food - I know exactly what u mean when u say ur rice looked a small portion but filled u up - I think that sometimes on SE (cos there's a limit of the 2/3 s/free food u can eat at 1 sitting!) so I take a smaller 1/3 of free food than I wd normally on EE.

Yet as u say it's turns out it's more than sufficient - as I friend of mine calls it 'it's a case of the eyes being bigger than the belly!'

Yum! I enjoyed my dinner. Here is my food for today.

Breakfast: yogurt, honey (1 syn), 35g muesli (HexB)
Lunch: veggie soup, banana
Dinner: moroccan lamb stew, brown rice, salad

That is only 776 calories but I am full and won't be able to eat anything else.
I haven't had any hexA either but it seems kind of silly to eat, say a piece of cheese, for the sake of it. The yogurt has the same nutrients as milk or cheese so I have not missed out.

Here is a question for you all. Have you ever done calorie counting and did you find it really hard? This is so weird to me. I have not felt hungry today at all. In fact I have felt full from breakfast, lunch and now dinner. I am going to continue recording calories for another week just out of interest. Might get fed up of the work invokved by then!

Evening all,

Busy day at work today, I need a holiday lol

Weigh day tomorrow! It comes round so quick, I like that it's a weds, rather than say a Monday.

Breakfast - a plum, a pear and a few grapes.

Snack banana

Lunch jacket potato, beans and cheese (hexa)

snack grapes, mango and Special K peach and apricot bar (hexb)

tea chicken in Italian herb maggi paper (1.5syns), salad leaves, cucumber, beet root, new potatoes, butter (1syn.. Probably 1/2 a syn), coleslaw (1syn) potato salad (3syns). Salad cream (1 syn).

7.5 syns total today

i do still feel a bit hungry, so I'll have some chopped banana, yogurt and honey (1syn)

i hope you've all had a lovely day, I am tired so an early night for me :)

Yum! I enjoyed my dinner. Here is my food for today.

Breakfast: yogurt, honey (1 syn), 35g muesli (HexB)
Lunch: veggie soup, banana
Dinner: moroccan lamb stew, brown rice, salad

That is only 776 calories but I am full and won't be able to eat anything else.
I haven't had any hexA either but it seems kind of silly to eat, say a piece of cheese, for the sake of it. The yogurt has the same nutrients as milk or cheese so I have not missed out.

Here is a question for you all. Have you ever done calorie counting and did you find it really hard? This is so weird to me. I have not felt hungry today at all. In fact I have felt full from breakfast, lunch and now dinner. I am going to continue recording calories for another week just out of interest. Might get fed up of the work invokved by then!

i have tried calorie counting, but get fed up with it because it's time consuming lol I forget what I had, not exact weights etc.. It is interesting to see the small amount of calories you are consuming! It is a clever "diet" you eat lots and don't feel deprived, but it's all low cal stuff.

Well done - isn't it weird how low we can go? At the mo I feel as if I cd stay on SE for ever - but know it won't last!

Yes calorie counting is one of the zillion things I've tried to lose weight but about 10 years ago found SW so altho' I've messed about - it suits me the best. Do u think u will tire of counting cals? As u say it's fascinating.

Like u I can't get over how small my portions are some days - yet they satisfy me - when I think of the portion sizes I had just a few weeks ago! all this shd bode well for WI 2moro!

Evening all,

Busy day at work today, I need a holiday lol

Weigh day tomorrow! It comes round so quick, I like that it's a weds, rather than say a Monday.

Breakfast - a plum, a pear and a few grapes.

Snack banana

Lunch jacket potato, beans and cheese (hexa)

snack grapes, mango and Special K peach and apricot bar (hexb)

tea chicken in Italian herb maggi paper (1.5syns), salad leaves, cucumber, beet root, new potatoes, butter (1syn.. Probably 1/2 a syn), coleslaw (1syn) potato salad (3syns). Salad cream (1 syn).

7.5 syns total today

i do still feel a bit hungry, so I'll have some chopped banana, yogurt and honey (1syn)

i hope you've all had a lovely day, I am tired so an early night for me :)

Oooooh another excellent day on plan - WI shd be good 4 u 2moro!

i do hope your right! I have managed those few walks this week to, do hopefully that will help matters!

how has your day been?

Well the exercise shd burn off more cals!!

Today's been a much better day - thanks for asking - a friend took me out for coffee to the best teashop I know - the cakes are divine - and the decor is all retro chintzy if u know what I mean? Then I went for a walk in the sunshine

I declined on the delish cakes but she bought me and hubby one as a take-out and I'm keeping them for our WI treat - shd think there's about a zillion syns in each slice!

Back