LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Hi LJ -just thought I would take a quick look at your thread. One thing I noticed you said `stopped when I was full`. At the moment I sometimes eat until it hurts. For example, after dinner tonight sat and ate 3 mullerlights just because they were there and now feel a wee bit uncomfortable.

WI in the mornng and optican later. Will have a good look through. Thanks.

Doreen x

Thanks for stopping by, Doreen. The reason I said stopped when full was because I find it VERY hard to do. If you read back only a day or two you will see me commenting on feeling ill because I ate too much. We have been discussing the subject here recently as we know it is something we need to understand and find a way to conquer it. I have been trying not to put so much on my plate but it doesn't always work out and then I have the issue of eating everything to be a 'good girl'.

This weight loss journey is mostly a psychological journey and not wholly one of eating less. My thread is about working out the whys and wherefores of our behaviour and attitude to food so that we can change and achieve long term success. If you are interested in that please feel free to join in and voice your opinions. We are finding it helpful to talk it out with others. I suppose it's kind of like therapy! LOL! :)

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. Don't let it deter you from your goal!

I have had quite a nice day. I didn't have to work all day so I was able to go to Tesco to buy milk for my yogurt and kefir making and treated myself to some strawberries and mangoes. I will use them for making kefir smoothies. I had a smoothie for lunch today instead of soup and it's very filling. I need to find a way to fit the kefir into my day. Perhaps for breakfast. I would like to continue the veggie soup lunches as it is a boost to my superfree intake. Will experiment and see what works best.

Food for today:

Breakfast: yogurt, kefir, honey(1 syn), 30g muesli (HexB)
Lunch: banana and kefir and honey smoothie(1 syn)
Snacks: banana, small handful of black grapes
Dinner: 2 egg omelet, cheese (HexA), mushrooms, onions, SW chips, salad (romaine lettuce and beetroot) (didn't eat it all)
Treat: 2 x small glass of wine (13 syns)

Total calories: 1231 Probably a bit less because I didnt eat all my dinner. Stopped when I was full.

I am getting hooked on the kefir. If you read about all the amazing benefits you might understand why. It's SO easy to make. Much easier even than yogurt. I am going to continue making this forever! Hoping CJ will like it too and even my mother. I will try and find a way of presenting it that she enjoys. It is full of B vitamins which are so important. She eats very little and what she does eat is not great. I think she lives mainly on cheap teacakes. Not the best nutrition! I hope she will be open to a change in her diet. She was happy for me to make the decisions about what we ate when I was there at christmas so I don't think there will be any problems. I think she is happy to have someone take care of her.

144 days left until my permanent move and only 3 weeks until I visit for a long weekend. Yeah! Looking forward to it very much. I can see CJ and her sister too.

Another interesting post LJ - what does kefir taste like - I fancy trying it for health and filling the tum reasons! Yes u'll be much happier when u move and it'll be the new look LJ going up there!

Your food is looking good upndown. What sort of berries do you have and do you soak the oats in the yogurt overnight? I havent tried that but thinking of soaking my muesli in kefir overnight.

Sadly CJ and I are both sensitive to quorn and can't eat it. We get bloating and discomfort in our tummies. I wish we could because it's so low fat and tastes good.

Thanks - I use frozen berries - usually from Lidl - they have a choice of Black Forest and Summer Fruits - good value at about £2 for 750g. Yes I do soak the oats in yog so u cd do that with kefir I shd think.

Hi again - just found a white choc cheesecake recipe - will do that at the wkend I think - if it's any good I'll post the recipe - oooh can't wait - now I'm really, really going to bed!!

Made the white choc cheesecake recipe :doh::doh: it was probably my poor cooking skills - but won't bother posting!

3lb for me too. Wayhey!! Congrats to upndown and CJ. We had a good week! Good luck for tomorrow Mo, and for everyone else. We are doing this!

Well done - that's a great loss - as u say we're doing it!!

Hi - getting tired now - busy day - decided to have a calorie counting day for a change and some wiggle room - so had bacon sarnie, my takeaway cake from yesterday, the not so nice SW cheesecake, usual drinks and fruit - back on S Exp 2morox

Last edited:
Hello All. To answer your questions LJ. I think the sale is in jepeordy at present but I cant do anything except wait and see. I am taking orlstat so I check fat content which is prime consideration.

Another interesting post LJ - what does kefir taste like - I fancy trying it for health and filling the tum reasons! Yes u'll be much happier when u move and it'll be the new look LJ going up there!

It has a taste all of it's own but people liken it to yogurt. The texture is like yogurt but the taste is a little stronger. More sour, but nice. The taste depends on how long you ferment it. It gets more sour, more acidic, with time but it also gets more nutrient dense too. Most people ferment it for 24 hours and I find it best at that stage. However I have started doing what they call a second ferment to hugely increase the B vitamins it contains.

The whole process is unbelievably simple. The hardest bit is buying your grains to get started!

Some people drink it as it comes and I could happily do that but it tastes really nice as a fruit smoothie with some manuka honey to boost the healthgiving properties even more. It is truly a superfood. Nobody knows where it came from and nobody has been able to make grains from scratch. It is said that it is the original "manna from heaven". Who knows!

The grains live forever if cared for and they multiply and grow over time which is how people can supply them. They originated in Turkey over 2000 years ago. It's kind of nice to know that. The people who live in that area still use it and they live to great ages. My grains got over the trauma of being sent through the post and are now growing a little with each batch of kefir I make and they make tasty stuff! :)

I encourage anyone reading this to do some research on kefir. Google it, Youtube it. There is plenty of info out there.

Hello All. To answer your questions LJ. I think the sale is in jepeordy at present but I cant do anything except wait and see. I am taking orlstat so I check fat content which is prime consideration.

Sorry to read that about ur sale - we've been in that position more than once and know how stressful it is - as u say there's nothing the seller can do about it - in this area the market seems pretty buoyant - is it that way with u?

Have u been able to go swimming lately? Hope u hear something about the house soon - sometimes the 'not knowing' is worst don't u think - esp when ur not in control of the situation.'.

Hope u have a good day today - is it ur WI day?

It has a taste all of it's own but people liken it to yogurt. The texture is like yogurt but the taste is a little stronger. More sour, but nice. The taste depends on how long you ferment it. It gets more sour, more acidic, with time but it also gets more nutrient dense too. Most people ferment it for 24 hours and I find it best at that stage. However I have started doing what they call a second ferment to hugely increase the B vitamins it contains.

The whole process is unbelievably simple. The hardest bit is buying your grains to get started!

Some people drink it as it comes and I could happily do that but it tastes really nice as a fruit smoothie with some manuka honey to boost the healthgiving properties even more. It is truly a superfood. Nobody knows where it came from and nobody has been able to make grains from scratch. It is said that it is the original "manna from heaven". Who knows!

The grains live forever if cared for and they multiply and grow over time which is how people can supply them. They originated in Turkey over 2000 years ago. It's kind of nice to know that. The people who live in that area still use it and they live to great ages. My grains got over the trauma of being sent through the post and are now growing a little with each batch of kefir I make and they make tasty stuff! :)

I encourage anyone reading this to do some research on kefir. Google it, Youtube it. There is plenty of info out there.

Thanks - that's really interesting and will do some research and buy some to try.

I got mine through Amazon from the Happy Kombucha people. They do a starter kit. Grains, glass mason jar and a plastic sieve (kefir doesn't like metals).

Thanks - will give it a try.

Just realised I didn't post my total calories for yest - about 1500 calories as I had to guesstimate some! Yes that was high and too many carbs - which I enjoyed whilst eating but made me feel sluggish later - back to Success Exp today!

Yesterday I went on a 1 hour walk with a friend - we're aiming for 3 early morning walks a week - we live at the top of a hill near an ancient woodland - there's a lovely but hilly circular path overlooking the sea - we're both hoping the walks will be good for our thighs!

Hope everyone has a good day.

Last edited:
Thank you for the kindness re the house sale. It is not being able to do anything that frustrates. Im not good at the waiting patiently. I weighed and had lost only1 lb. Inever weigh on the same scales two weeks running! lol. Never mind despite everything I am still trying! Hope you all have a good day. x

Hey as Texty F on here says - half a pound is a block of lard and we'd all like to lose one of those from somewhere!

And u've lost 2 of those this week - I see u've lost 10 lbs in less than 4 weeks - so that's great progress which is sustainable in the long term (I won't be doing Success Express for life!)

Thank you for the kindness re the house sale. It is not being able to do anything that frustrates. Im not good at the waiting patiently. I weighed and had lost only1 lb. Inever weigh on the same scales two weeks running! lol. Never mind despite everything I am still trying! Hope you all have a good day. x

Be happy about the pound lost. It is progress in the right direction and that is what's important. Sticking to a diet when you are under the stress that you are is pretty good going! Well done Mo!

I put on 3.5 pounds over the last two weeks. 1 stone on in total since July last. Feeling really p***ed off. Having said that it is me who puts the food in my mouth.

To top it off my DIL has asked me to go and look after grandchildren from Tues till Sat. Not usually very good when I go up there, also cannot get onto minis when away from home on my travel computer which is a pain.

Got a lot of encouragement from class, which is nice.

I am planning a red day today. Just got home from club so am going to have a late breakfast of eggs, bacon mushroom and tomatoes a sausage & 2 toast. Will have chicken & veg for dinner, Lots cabbage & 230g spud. Muller and 2 apples. B4 dinner bns/carrot soup with a slice cold toast

Last edited:
I put on 3.5 pounds over the last two weeks. 1 stone on in total since July last. Feeling really p***ed off. Having said that it is me who puts the food in my mouth.

To top it off my DIL has asked me to go and look after grandchildren from Tues till Sat. Not usually very good when I go up there, also cannot get onto minis when away from home on my travel computer which is a pain.

Got a lot of encouragement from class, which is nice.

I am planning a red day today. Just got home from club so am going to have a late breakfast of eggs, bacon mushroom and tomatoes. Will have chicken & veg for dinner.

Oh dear not good news for u - but good that ur planning a red day today - food sounds good - back on the wagon!!

Nuisance that u won't have minis support whilst ur away - does ur DIL have a computer/tablet u cd use? If not - we'll have to have send u with lots of supportive messages on Monday to help to keep u on track whilst ur away!

Hello hello Upd :D, I found you ! Well done on your 3lb loss this week hun, that's fab !! :p Looks like the success express worked wonders ! Might give it a go myself :) . Sorry your white choc cheesecake didn't go to plan, but good news is there are plenty other flavour combos to try out with the choc options, I love cheesecake ! :drool: . Hope your having a fab day on plan hun ! Fingers crossed for another smashing loss for you this week ! :p

Kay xx

Back