LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Hello everyone. Ooh that turkey and ham pie sounds good. Well loved my swimming and I think my food was ok too.
Breakfast- 2 toast. Lunch- trout with few kidney beans. Tea- 2 m&s reduced fat pork sausages with baked beans on a slice of bread. Raspberries with yoghurt mullerlight.

Well that day looks like another good one - if it were me I'd class it as a Red day to allow for the bread! Yes made the pie but decided it wd be too many syns so had an omelette! Glad u went swimming and had a good time - burnt a load of calories too I bet!

Hi - we've had a nice family day here - we'll miss them when they go back 2moro. Here's how the food went - I think it's ok - but feel really full and bloated - hope it's just all the water! Hope everyone's enjoyed their day.

Brunch: carrot & lentil soup, 25g bread - HEB, 25g cheese HEA, lots of cherry tomates

Tea: 2 egg omelette, 1 lean rasher bacon, 25g cheee HEA, large salad & balsamic, carrots & cauli

Drinks: 2 Fruit teas - 600ml water, 800 ml water & lemon juice

Syns - 1" square of fudge - 5 syns? 1 bon bon 1.5 syns :eek: = 6.5 syns

LJ - I've missed ur threads today - hope u've had a good day.

Morning all,

Well I weakened and had the Chinese last night.. I felt so horrible after, stuffed, bloated, uncomfortable..wish I hadn't eaten it, it wasn't worth feeling like that. I still feel all full and bloated today.. So lots of water for me today and super free! I will try and get on the treadmill to.

I do feel a bit sniffly today, I, hoping it's just hay fever and will go away.

I need to go and get some shopping to, I seem to be out of slot of things.

I hope everyone has a good sunday!

Morning all,

Well I weakened and had the Chinese last night.. I felt so horrible after, stuffed, bloated, uncomfortable..wish I hadn't eaten it, it wasn't worth feeling like that. I still feel all full and bloated today.. So lots of water for me today and super free! I will try and get on the treadmill to.

I do feel a bit sniffly today, I, hoping it's just hay fever and will go away.

I need to go and get some shopping to, I seem to be out of slot of things.

I hope everyone has a good sunday!

Hey - do u think we're all changing and not liking or even really wanting to eat unhealthy stuff?!

Really good that u can get back on the wagon so soon - hope ur not coming down with anything - enjoy ur day!

Morning everyone else - we're taking Owen (2) for a walk in the woods now - back for SW chicken casserole lunch then they go home to Cardiff (200 miles away boo hoo) hope everyone enjoys their days and can stick to the plan!

LJ - I've missed ur threads today - hope u've had a good day.

....just re read that of course it shd say ...missed ur posts!!

Hello Upndown,

sorry to hear your family are back off home today. I bet you have enjoyed them being there. Well done for sticking to plan!

I managed to motivate myself to get up and dressed and off to the shop. Had a quick whiz round and got the essentials. So I have no excuses to eat on plan. Came home and dyed my sisters hair for her, then made lunch, now I'm chilling. Feeling pretty rubbish all sniffly and got a headache :( so many things going round at work. I am still taking my vitamins so hopefully if I rest up the rest of today I can fight it off! Maybe it's all this off plan stuff... Made me get germs!

yes you are right, I think I now realise that junk food may taste nice at time, but my body doesn't like it and doesn't want it! It protests! I think these times remind us to stay on plan!

So far so good on the food front today :)

Hello Upndown,

sorry to hear your family are back off home today. I bet you have enjoyed them being there. Well done for sticking to plan!

I managed to motivate myself to get up and dressed and off to the shop. Had a quick whiz round and got the essentials. So I have no excuses to eat on plan. Came home and dyed my sisters hair for her, then made lunch, now I'm chilling. Feeling pretty rubbish all sniffly and got a headache :( so many things going round at work. I am still taking my vitamins so hopefully if I rest up the rest of today I can fight it off! Maybe it's all this off plan stuff... Made me get germs!

yes you are right, I think I now realise that junk food may taste nice at time, but my body doesn't like it and doesn't want it! It protests! I think these times remind us to stay on plan!

So far so good on the food front today :)

Yes u probably need some chill time to help to recover - u've been pretty busy even at weekends it seems??

Yes family on their way home - it's always lovely to see them - the house is in chaos - dishwasher on but more waiting on worktop and Phil and I are shattered and think our our walk even at pushchair/toddler pace this morning finished us off - may even have a kip after a quick look here!

Sticking to plan wasn't too tough - apart from the pie & and apple crumble - I made SW friendly stuff and I've made some berries in jelly and a quark cheesecake for me - so kept me happy!

Hope you manage to rest - and that everyone else is enjoying their weekend (hopefully on plan).

Yes u probably need some chill time to help to recover - u've been pretty busy even at weekends it seems??

Yes family on their way home - it's always lovely to see them - the house is in chaos - dishwasher on but more waiting on worktop and Phil and I are shattered and think our our walk even at pushchair/toddler pace this morning finished us off - may even have a kip after a quick look here!

Sticking to plan wasn't too tough - apart from the pie & and apple crumble - I made SW friendly stuff and I've made some berries in jelly and a quark cheesecake for me - so kept me happy!

Hope you manage to rest - and that everyone else is enjoying their weekend (hopefully on plan).

I just noticed your stats... 2 more lbs and you'll be in the 10s! I will keep my fingers crossed for this week for you :)

I have been having a nice relaxing afternoon. I think an easy quick tea of pasta is in order tonight. May make extra for lunch tomorrow. Then don't have to worry about making something in the morning.

cheesecake yummy! I will have a go at some nice recipes at the weekend.

The cheesecake is easy - I usually use crushed Alpen Lights (HEB for 2) for the base (but didn't have them in today!) then make up a sugar free jelly with half the usual water (morrisons one's are free) mix with tub of quark and sweeten to taste - and Bob's ur uncle as they say!

Despite sticking to Sexpress - I have eaten more this week - and feel fatter so not expecting a big loss - also scales confirm that - but will carry on (I hope!!)

It'd be great to get into the 10s and I'll have loads of superspeed etc 2moro & Tues to try to get there but somehow I think it'll be next week. But if u cross ur finger long enough it may to the trick!!

Enjoy ur pasta!

Last edited:
I need help! I slipped off the wagon the last couple of days. Not massively but enough that I feel ill from too much wheat.

I don't know what is causing the carb cravings. It's either the extreme stress or the legacy from the pringles. Yesterday i had my usual smoothie breakfast and added extra greens and fruit which meant I had half left for lunchtime at work. Everything was OK. Later, when it got home I had this real craving for fish and chips and amazingly I managed to not go to the chip shop but instead bought a box of co-op cheap french bread pizzas. I had one of those with some baked beans and SW chips. For my dinner I then had a big plate of pasta with tomatoey sauce and too much grated cheese followed by a chunk of cheese and large glass of wine.

I slept really badly and my breathing was affected by the cheese. Woke at 6am when everything went off. Power cut. Slept on and off for another few hours. Got up late and made a big smoothie which, again, was enough for two meals. For dinner I had the second pizza with beans and SW chips. During the afternoon I have also polished off the rest of the bottle of wine. Feeling bloated and thirsty and sluggish and I have heartburn. Wasted the day and messed up my body for nothing, it's only two days to weigh in and I may have sabotaged another week.

There is one thing I do know and I think CJ mentioned it (I have only skimmed the posts so far), our bodies complain loudly when we go off plan. So why do we do it??? That is the question. I don't have the answer but whatever it is it's a very strong demon to conquer.

I want to be back on plan now. I hate feeling this way. Not even waiting until tomorrow. I am not going to eat anything else today. It's time for plenty of water to give me the best chance of feeling better by tomorrow morning.

I need to shop tomorrow. I have no fruit left at all except for half a tin of prunes which I will use to make my breakfast kefir smoothie. I have soup in the freezer for lunch so I can shop after work tomorrow night. Must get organised. I hate this.

Quiet here today apart from CJ & me - hope everyone's having a good time and on plan!!

My food for the day:

B: berries, oats/nuts - HEB, yog

L: Chicken casserole (1 syn) with onions, celery, carrots, s/corn and peas and rice
Sugar free jelly (made 3 from 1 sachet so 0.3syn) berries, from frais

T: a funny meal - 25g cheddar - HEA, 2 bananas, apple, orange
SW cheesecake - more like a mousse (1.5 syn) with choc chips (1 syn) and nuts - HEB plus 2 choc finger (3 syns)

TOTAL SYNS = 6.8 syns

Drinks: 3 Fruit Tea 900ml - Water 600 ml = 1.5L

45 minutes' walk at toddler/pushchair pace - but uphill for half the time!

Last edited:
I need help! I slipped off the wagon the last couple of days. Not massively but enough that I feel ill from too much wheat.

I don't know what is causing the carb cravings. It's either the extreme stress or the legacy from the pringles. Yesterday i had my usual smoothie breakfast and added extra greens and fruit which meant I had half left for lunchtime at work. Everything was OK. Later, when it got home I had this real craving for fish and chips and amazingly I managed to not go to the chip shop but instead bought a box of co-op cheap french bread pizzas. I had one of those with some baked beans and SW chips. For my dinner I then had a big plate of pasta with tomatoey sauce and too much grated cheese followed by a chunk of cheese and large glass of wine.

I slept really badly and my breathing was affected by the cheese. Woke at 6am when everything went off. Power cut. Slept on and off for another few hours. Got up late and made a big smoothie which, again, was enough for two meals. For dinner I had the second pizza with beans and SW chips. During the afternoon I have also polished off the rest of the bottle of wine. Feeling bloated and thirsty and sluggish and I have heartburn. Wasted the day and messed up my body for nothing, it's only two days to weigh in and I may have sabotaged another week.

There is one thing I do know and I think CJ mentioned it (I have only skimmed the posts so far), our bodies complain loudly when we go off plan. So why do we do it??? That is the question. I don't have the answer but whatever it is it's a very strong demon to conquer.

I want to be back on plan now. I hate feeling this way. Not even waiting until tomorrow. I am not going to eat anything else today. It's time for plenty of water to give me the best chance of feeling better by tomorrow morning.

I need to shop tomorrow. I have no fruit left at all except for half a tin of prunes which I will use to make my breakfast kefir smoothie. I have soup in the freezer for lunch so I can shop after work tomorrow night. Must get organised. I hate this.

Hi - I'm sorry u've been feeling rough and been off plan - I'm sure that's happened to most of us here and the reason that we joined. U've also stuck to the plan for a long time now - are u bored with things - do u need to ring the changes? Altho' I know u have experimented with different things along the way.

U have also been posting quite low calories some days and perhaps even tho' u've felt full (as I have myself on small amounts of food) but maybe over a week/month - ur body is missing some essential nutrient or needs more food? These are only my initial thoughts I'm certainly not saying that I know the answers or that ur doing anything wrong - who I am to even suggest that!!

If only someone could answer ur question 'why do we do it' I'm sure we'd be in a better place to deal with the problem - I think it's something we all need to tackle if we're to get to goal and go on to maintain. I think u've done well to stop today and of course u could have done a lot worse than u have - it could be as u say - cos ur stressed or a legacy from the Pringles.

These are some of the reasons when/why it happens to me:

1. When I'm not organised and don't have meals planned or the right food in - I tend grab at anything from sugary and fatty - like takeaways or heavily processed foods - then as u say I crave for more of the same and I find it difficult to call a halt - which is why I said ur doing well to stop today.

2. When I'm ultra busy, away from home (cos I have restricted choices) worried, ill, emotional, feeling low etc

3. Or sometimes when I've not made or planned interesting, appetising meals - I then fancy something else and to have it quickly and I impulse buy something like the things in my no. 1. in this list

4. I may have mentioned b4 that my hubby says I live to eat whilst he eats to live!! So I think about food often and only want to eat things I really like - whilst he is happy with whatever I plan, choose or suggest!

5. This doesn't happen often but sometimes I get bored with SW restrictions (I know there aren't many!!) or feel as if I'm rebelling against myself and SW!!!

I find SW can be a chore sometimes - does anyone else here feel the same? I now spend a fair amount of time finding interesting recipes/ideas to keep me on the straight & narrow - that may be why I've never got to goal/maintained in the past cos I regularly worked 12 hours days & my job involved a lot of travelling/staying in hotels.

But since my vol redundancy/early retirement - I now have more time to do these things. U are working - so I think it's harder for u. On the plus side u like cooking - u also live alone so u don't have to consider others' food preferences and soon u'll be much happier with ur big move - but of course like all big life changes that in some ways can stressful.

I'm sure u'll get a lot of support in response to ur very honest post - keep posting and we'll all support u like u help us - take care and don't beat urself up!!

Hello All. Sorry you are not feeling good LJ. Ive been busy today making curtains for a yacht. It was quite a chalenge.nI have made 4 pairs and have a few odd obes to make tomorrow.
Food today- 2 slices of toast. Lunch- A sainsburys be good to yourself low fat chicken korma with rice. Tea- 2 m&s low fat sausages cooked in oven, potato fro 2 jacket potatoes, sprouts and gravy. No fruit in the house today. Must get some tomorrow as I really missed it.

Hello All. Sorry you are not feeling good LJ. Ive been busy today making curtains for a yacht. It was quite a chalenge.nI have made 4 pairs and have a few odd obes to make tomorrow.
Food today- 2 slices of toast. Lunch- A sainsburys be good to yourself low fat chicken korma with rice. Tea- 2 m&s low fat sausages cooked in oven, potato fro 2 jacket potatoes, sprouts and gravy. No fruit in the house today. Must get some tomorrow as I really missed it.

You've been busy today!!

LJ what happened to us, why did those demons get us? Do you think it was because we had a gain?

I think we used to have a reaction to these foods, but we didn't notice really as it was just how we felt all the time. Now our bodies are used to having nice fresh fruit and veg, it doesn't like it when we have these nasty foods. The reaction seems much worse as we notice it now.

Upndown many of your points are true for me to. Also my problem is when I have one off plan thing, I think well I've had one and ruined the day I might as well carry on..then have more off plan things!

I hope tomorrow We will be feeling a bit better and less bloated and horrible.

oh dear CJ. I do know what you mean. One wrong thing can trigger an avalanche. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

LJ what happened to us, why did those demons get us? Do you think it was because we had a gain?

I think we used to have a reaction to these foods, but we didn't notice really as it was just how we felt all the time. Now our bodies are used to having nice fresh fruit and veg, it doesn't like it when we have these nasty foods. The reaction seems much worse as we notice it now.

Upndown many of your points are true for me to. Also my problem is when I have one off plan thing, I think well I've had one and ruined the day I might as well carry on..then have more off plan things!

I hope tomorrow We will be feeling a bit better and less bloated and horrible.

Yes - I shd have added that too cos that is another thing I do - 'just one' never happens to me!!

I'm now in bed as I've just had a scary moment - the family have eaten us out of house and home - so popped to the supermarket earlier just b4 closing time and noticed some half price cooked chicken breasts - then noticed some cooked belly pork which Phil loves - so bought a small portion so I wdn't be tempted - but just b4 I came to bed I just nibbled at a bit and had to hand the rest over or else I'd have eaten the lot crackling and all - a close call.

Back