LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Yep we can, think upndown has just posted a link to my diary, Ive joined in with Kays salad challenge this week, I won't start til tomorrow just got to get the binging out of my system today.
I will be giving it a real good go as I feel I need to knock this 1.5lb off and finally get this stone award.
if 2ltrs of water and a main salad a day doesn't shift it i don't know what will!
Again wishing you all good luck. x

good luck on your salad challenge! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Hello Everyone. I hope you aol have had a good day . I finished makng th ecurtains this morning and then went to the pool. I swam 80 lengths which would be 40 in an ordinary pool. I really enjyed it.
Food today- 2 slices of toast. Lunch- 2 small jackets with baked beans.nTea- boiled rice with peas and sweet corn with mushrooms and onions fried in fry light with 2 laughing cow blue cheese triangles . Raspberries and muller light.

Wow, I am really impressed by a video I just watched on a well known site. It is called The Pleasure Trap and the users name is vshvideo. This explains exactly why we have trouble staying on plan in the presence of 'bad' foods. It's an hour long but well worth watching all the way through. I would love to hear what you think.

Ooooh that's interesting - I'm too tired to watch 2nite but will try to do so 2moro! And another Oooooooh - I feel a discussion coming on!!

Thank you for pointing us to the Salad Challenge, upndown. The salad challenge is an interesting one but I made my weeks menu and went shopping this morning so can't join in this week. The other thing is i find it hard to eat salad in this cold weather. I would like to try it another week though when the weather is nice and I can prepare by shopping and planning my meals.

Hi - glad u've planned ur food and done the shop I think that's half the battle!! Know what u mean - I know lots of ppl can't face salad at this time of year but I'm the odd one out!

I think it's a good idea to ring the changes so plenty of time to do that whilst losing or on maintenance!!

I actually prefer salad to veg, I only really like veg in things, like chilli, curry etc.

Busy posting day people! I like it!

So my back on the wagon food today..

Breakfast 2 eggs scrambled, beans and a little cheese (1/2 hexa)

Snack - grapes

Lunch - leftover pasta, pasta sauce (1.5 syns) sweetcorn, peppers (won't be having sweetcorn again, I had such tummy ache and soooo bloated all afternoon!)

Snack - banana, natural yogurt and honey (1syn)

Tea - veg chilli (onion, tomatoes, peppers, carrot, peas, brocolli, cauliflower) a few gravy granules to thicken it up (2syns?) with 60g boiled rice.

(4.5 syns total)

Ooh low syns! I am all or nothing lol

Hi Everyone - hope u've all had a good day - here's my food - I'm tired for some reason so off to bed shortly!

Brunch: chicken, lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes & celery, balsamic vinegar not v inspiring but that's all I had in 2day and had loads - enjoyed it! Yog & berries

Snacks: banana and apple

Tea: Turkey and veggie sausage with celery, onions, peas & s/corn in a casserole 1.5 syns with rice - wahey that's the last of the Ch'mas turkey in freezer!

Drinks: 3 x 300ml fruit teas = 900ml and 900 ml of low cal squash 1 syn = 1.8L - feel like I'm drowning but hope it gets rid of this bloating feeling I've had for a few days!! Don't think I'll ever be able to drink 2L!!

Total syns = 2.5

I've just edited this - didn't have SW cheesecake just seen it in fridge - I had yog & berries!!

Had a short walk - 15-20 mins but it was v cold and windy!!

Busy posting day people! I like it!

So my back on the wagon food today..

Breakfast 2 eggs scrambled, beans and a little cheese (1/2 hexa)

Snack - grapes

Lunch - leftover pasta, pasta sauce (1.5 syns) sweetcorn, peppers (won't be having sweetcorn again, I had such tummy ache and soooo bloated all afternoon!)

Snack - banana, natural yogurt and honey (1syn)

Tea - veg chilli (onion, tomatoes, peppers, carrot, peas, brocolli, cauliflower) a few gravy granules to thicken it up (2syns?) with 60g boiled rice.

(4.5 syns total)

Ooh low syns! I am all or nothing lol

Well done - do u find when u've had lots of superfree that ur not hungry? This is a new experience for me LOL!

Well done - do u find when u've had lots of superfree that ur not hungry? This is a new experience for me LOL!

Yes I do! I feel so much better eating this food than all that junk! Apart from the sweetcorn effects.. I love sweetcorn though!

I forgot to mention water. I drank a lot of Pepsi again today. But had 2 mugs of fruit tea and have a 1.5L bottle next to me now. I've had 2 glasses out of that, so I will carry on drinking that. I to am trying to get rid of this bloating!

Wow, I am really impressed by a video I just watched on a well known site. It is called The Pleasure Trap and the users name is vshvideo. This explains exactly why we have trouble staying on plan in the presence of 'bad' foods. It's an hour long but well worth watching all the way through. I would love to hear what you think.

Sounds very interesting LJ, will check that out when I go home. No chance while Flynn around, at least not for an hour. Will let you know what I think of it.
He is sitting playing on his Ipad while I am busy. He is doing puzzles with the most beautiful music playing in it.

Good morning everybody, a nice bright day here today even washing on the line, Flynn had a nose bleed in the night so thought I had best get the sheet & mattress cover washed.

Best do my food for yesterday. Too many sweets & not as good as last week. So a real effort to be put in for the rest of the week for a Friday weigh in.

B; Lots of mushrooms. 2 eggs, 2 bread.
L: BNS soup 2 pears
D: Pkt of ready to eat chilli chicken 190g (free) baby beets, toms boiled spuds & salad cream (1 reckon 3)
Then I realised I had spoiled the day. 4 of flynns aero bubbles 7.5) and a box of Dominion sweets from Aldi. (butterscotch flavour, lovely) There are 15 sweets in the 44g box and cost me 5 syns
That is 15.5 syns kinda wasted really..

Flynn the dog and I are going to the skateboard park with his skooter. We went yesterday for a while and enjoyed it. Of course I am sitting down watching, but it is about a 10min walk each way.

Upndown, looking back over posts I agree that having a lot of superfree does help to fill you up. Found it easier last week for some reason, maybe because the children were at school and I busied myself. (and of course I was desperate to lose)
I do have a lot of superfree when at home.
Have not got so much with me as short notice and don`t want to pop into the supermarket in case I see something I want to eat.
Today is planned so should be ok.

Good morning everybody, a nice bright day here today even washing on the line, Flynn had a nose bleed in the night so thought I had best get the sheet & mattress cover washed.

Best do my food for yesterday. Too many sweets & not as good as last week. So a real effort to be put in for the rest of the week for a Friday weigh in.

B; Lots of mushrooms. 2 eggs, 2 bread.
L: BNS soup 2 pears
D: Pkt of ready to eat chilli chicken 190g (free) baby beets, toms boiled spuds & salad cream (1 reckon 3)
Then I realised I had spoiled the day. 4 of flynns aero bubbles 7.5) and a box of Dominion sweets from Aldi. (butterscotch flavour, lovely) There are 15 sweets in the 44g box and cost me 5 syns
That is 15.5 syns kinda wasted really..

Flynn the dog and I are going to the skateboard park with his skooter. We went yesterday for a while and enjoyed it. Of course I am sitting down watching, but it is about a 10min walk each way.

Upndown, looking back over posts I agree that having a lot of superfree does help to fill you up. Found it easier last week for some reason, maybe because the children were at school and I busied myself. (and of course I was desperate to lose)
I do have a lot of superfree when at home.
Have not got so much with me as short notice and don`t want to pop into the supermarket in case I see something I want to eat.
Today is planned so should be ok.

Hi - I'm glad ur enjoying ur time with the children - and officially u've only gone over by half a syn!! But I know what u mean most of us like to keep to 10? Sweets or anything sugary are so enticing aren't they?

Well done for planning ur day today - I wdn't have thought yest did much damage if any?

Well I'm a bit fed up with my weight - it hasn't changed since last WI and I WI again 2moro - all I've done 'wrong' is to have a few treats on WI day - as I've done since I've been doing Success Express and I never go over 1500 calories and I've been really good the rest of the week - ooooh so annoying!! I feel bloated and fat too!

LJ - I was thinking about ur comment yest about having to post - I hope u don't feel obliged to 'lead' us or set an 'example'?? I think everyone considers that we're all in this together - and if u can't face posting pls don't feel under pressure - we'll all probably send little posts to say hello - unless u tell us that's not helpful - and CJ might let us know that ur ok occasionally - unless that feels like prying?

Ur always so honest and open - I hope u'll let us know directly or via CJ what suits u best?? Ur going thro' a tough time and have been since I joined ur thread in Jan - so it's understandable that ur feeling stressed and ur body is suffering - at least Easter is approaching an u'll have a break - then ur big move won't be so far off. Take care.

Upndown dont you dare get fed up. Look at the last 3 weeks losses!! Body is just saying "i need a break", but dont you give it one or it has won. Whatever those numbers say take a look in the mirror and see what youve achieved. Your a winner. Im proud of you and look up to you. So no being fed up, keep sexpressing. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi - I'm glad ur enjoying ur time with the children - and officially u've only gone over by half a syn!! But I know what u mean most of us like to keep to 10? Sweets or anything sugary are so enticing aren't they?

Well done for planning ur day today - I wdn't have thought yest did much damage if any?

Well I'm a bit fed up with my weight - it hasn't changed since last WI and I WI again 2moro - all I've done 'wrong' is to have a few treats on WI day - as I've done since I've been doing Success Express and I never go over 1500 calories and I've been really good the rest of the week - ooooh so annoying!! I feel bloated and fat too!

Hey Upndown, I'm feeling the same as you today! I feel fat and bloated and horrible today. Not sure what I've had, maybe to many fizzy drinks again. Will stop that tomorrow. See if it helps. But I feel so uncomfortable. My tummy is about 3 times it's normal size right now!! Fingers crossed we wake up smaller...and ligher!

Hello all,

how has everyone's day been? Good I hope!

Well weigh day is approaching. I have been weighing this week... Checking my progress lol after my weekend of over indulgence.. This morning I was about 1.5lbs up on last week... Fingers crossed for a STS! If It is a gain then it's my own fault and I know what I did wrong. So I will take it on the chin and carry on. Like LJ said it's hard when you've lost the weight... To then have to re loose it!

Work is very stressful right now, I am not working in a happy team. Lots of issues and favouritism going on... So hopefully that will sort itself out soon.

Breakfast - scrambled egg, beans

Snack - banana

Lunch - jacket potato, beans and cheese (hexa)

Snack - hot choc (1syn) wish I hadn't had that it wasn't very nice lol grapes, dried apricots (hexb)

Tea - leftover veg chilli, rice, cheese (5syns)

I am feeling so bloated and uncomfortable. I think to many fizzy drinks today may be the cause, it helped a lot when u cut them down, so I'll try this tomorrow.

Back