LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

So sorry to hear about you dear friend. So Sad.

When my son arrived Saturday he had my grandson with him. I was supposed to know he was coming, but didn`t, anyway what a lovely surprise. We had a great afternoon feeding the ducks in the park. The Canada geese and their babies followed us around the big pond. Then we went into the play area and Flynn really enjoyed it. I had bought some french stick and unfortunstely did have a piece with butter and cheese on it. - it is not on my diary Upndown I am afraid.
Sunday Dad got home about 2am from the stag night with his friends. Not too drunk must be added. Good as they went to London.

Sunday started off ok, went to the co-op to get another french stick for Niks breakfast. I had some even tho I had had breakfast with black pudding. While were we in the shop I bought Flynn a chocolate orange as they were half price and bought 2 for xmas stockings. - start early - was going to give them to neighbour to look after - didn`t and I ate them both. :17729::17729::hitthefan::booboo: x 10

Back on today but damaged done. WHY !!!!! 2 messed up days in a row.

Had my tooth out today. The silly dentist put adrenaline in the injection and that makes me feel really bad, worse than a sugar low. The girl in the office had put a new cover on my records and did not write on that I was intolerent to adrenaline. Am ok now, just it makes me very very tired. Not too much pain tho` and no pain killers yet.

What a lovely surprise to have Flynn! You never need to apologise to me Doreen - I'd have eaten the French stick with half a pound of butter and a block of cheese - never mind a piece!!

What makes us do it u ask - wish I had the answer to that - but all we can do is get back on plan as soon as we're able to.x

Glad u had the tooth about but a real shame about the adrenaline - glad u recovered quickly and ur not in pain - perhaps u'll have an early night?x

Hope Mo, Bubble and Kay have had a good day - I'll be thinking of Kay on her month long break from Minis and hope the op improves things for ux

Hello Everyone. Im so sorry to hear your news Upndown about losing your friend. Doreen how lovely to hqve a surprise visit from your sons and grandson. My partner went away for two weeks on Friday and my son came yesterday and stayed overnight. I hadnt seen him since Christmas so it was a real treat to see him. I confess I took him out for a meal to a rather good Italian restaurant and needless to say I had a lot to eat. I did nt swim today. Tomorrow I need to get on track with both swimming and on plan again. :)

Mo I know about not seeing sons for a while. So good when you do. Nice to go out for a meal when you see them I reckon.

I have had a good day today. Shame I messed up at the weekend. Food for today is
B: 3 lean bacon 2 eggs 2 toast
L: McCains jacket (1) 1/2 tin heinz spag bol. (1.1/2) 2 pears
D: Ham, mashed spud, boiled eggs x 2 & tomatoes. mayo (2) 2 pears.
snack 2 pears and a coffee
Syns 4.1/2

Have been watching a programme with Sarah Lancaster in it. 6 episodes, 1.1/2 to go so another coffee me thinks.

Hope your hypno is still working Upndown. Will check in before I turn in.

My food for today. Maybe some Quark with vanilla essence and banana instead of just banana.

B: 2eggs. baked beans 3 toast (2.1/2)
L: McCains Jacket (1) 1/2 tin spag bol (1.1/2)
D: Tesco low fat sausages (4), sliced onions, cabbage boiled spuds.
2 pears & banana.

SYNS 9

Hope you are all ok and enjoying this lovely sunny weather.

I have been clearing out the cupboard under the stairs, not got rid of much but have moved some and found new homes. Looking much better. Even got the box that Flynn has his Playdoh in there too. :)

Cleared the wardrobes in my bedroom to another room getting ready for the carpet next Tuesday.
Will take the drawers out of the units either later or after haircut tomorrow at 9am. I can sort them at the same time and maybe get any rubbish sorted in time for the bin men by Thursday. Sure some can go to charity shop down the road, they like craft stuff.

Will pop back later to see if anyone is awake. lol

Mo I know about not seeing sons for a while. So good when you do. Nice to go out for a meal when you see them I reckon.

I have had a good day today. Shame I messed up at the weekend. Food for today is
B: 3 lean bacon 2 eggs 2 toast
L: McCains jacket (1) 1/2 tin heinz spag bol. (1.1/2) 2 pears
D: Ham, mashed spud, boiled eggs x 2 & tomatoes. mayo (2) 2 pears.
snack 2 pears and a coffee
Syns 4.1/2

Have been watching a programme with Sarah Lancaster in it. 6 episodes, 1.1/2 to go so another coffee me thinks.

Hope your hypno is still working Upndown. Will check in before I turn in.

Well done Doreen u've had a brilliant day. I do it too - but no good looking back - just carry on plan as long as u can - not good to beat ourselves up!! I like Sarah Lancaster too - what programme is it? Yes hypno still working so I'm chuffed!! I went to bed early last night I was shattered!!

My food for today. Maybe some Quark with vanilla essence and banana instead of just banana.

B: 2eggs. baked beans 3 toast (2.1/2)
L: McCains Jacket (1) 1/2 tin spag bol (1.1/2)
D: Tesco low fat sausages (4), sliced onions, cabbage boiled spuds.
2 pears & banana.

SYNS 9

Hope you are all ok and enjoying this lovely sunny weather.

I have been clearing out the cupboard under the stairs, not got rid of much but have moved some and found new homes. Looking much better. Even got the box that Flynn has his Playdoh in there too. :)

Cleared the wardrobes in my bedroom to another room getting ready for the carpet next Tuesday.
Will take the drawers out of the units either later or after haircut tomorrow at 9am. I can sort them at the same time and maybe get any rubbish sorted in time for the bin men by Thursday. Sure some can go to charity shop down the road, they like craft stuff.

Will pop back later to see if anyone is awake. lol

I'm awake Doreen and yes good weather here too - and another good day in the bank for u Doreen! U have been busy - isn't it good to have a clearout and if we can donate to the charity shop that's a good turn too. New carpet as well - ur home will be like a show house will all these renovations!

I wonder if the healthy eating gives us more energy - I seem to have more energy and feel better in my myself when I'm on plan and sluggish and a bit downy when I'm bingeing!

Hello Everyone. Im so sorry to hear your news Upndown about losing your friend. Doreen how lovely to hqve a surprise visit from your sons and grandson. My partner went away for two weeks on Friday and my son came yesterday and stayed overnight. I hadnt seen him since Christmas so it was a real treat to see him. I confess I took him out for a meal to a rather good Italian restaurant and needless to say I had a lot to eat. I did nt swim today. Tomorrow I need to get on track with both swimming and on plan again. :)

Nice to have u back Mo and thank u for ur kind words. Lovely for u to see ur son after 6 months - 2 of mine live away and know how lovely it is to meet up as Doreen says - what better way to celebrate than to go out for a good meal!! As u say just get back on plan and ur swimming - life's for living isn't it?

The programme with Sarah Lancaster was Happy Valley recorded over a period of 6 weeks. I usually record a series like that be it 3 or 5 weeks then watch it all at once. I enjoyed it.
Glad the hypno working ok. I find I feel better when I stick to plan. When I don`t I get cross with myself and try to hide from it then get a bit down. Mind you the weather does help.

Went to see my older brother today and he has had some tests and has blocked arteries in his heart. They are deciding what to do about it. He only went for a check up because he was invited by the private clinic through his diabetes centre. It is a worry but I am going to put it to the back of my mind. He is 72, just 2 years older than myself.

Anyway I must keep up the body magic by sorting out these rooms, cupboards & drawers etc to keep myself fit.

The programme with Sarah Lancaster was Happy Valley recorded over a period of 6 weeks. I usually record a series like that be it 3 or 5 weeks then watch it all at once. I enjoyed it.
Glad the hypno working ok. I find I feel better when I stick to plan. When I don`t I get cross with myself and try to hide from it then get a bit down. Mind you the weather does help.

Went to see my older brother today and he has had some tests and has blocked arteries in his heart. They are deciding what to do about it. He only went for a check up because he was invited by the private clinic through his diabetes centre. It is a worry but I am going to put it to the back of my mind. He is 72, just 2 years older than myself.

Anyway I must keep up the body magic by sorting out these rooms, cupboards & drawers etc to keep myself fit.

Sorry to hear about your brother - with modern medicine there is a good chance that the doctors will be able to help him - try not to worry - yet as I type that I know it's difficult. Strange to that you, Mo and I have had not so good news this week?

I'll look for that programme on Netflix - it may not be there yet but I do like Sarah L - take care of uxx :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Thank you so much for the hugs. :grouphugg: Let us all have a group hug. xxxx

Thank you so much for the hugs. :grouphugg: Let us all have a group hug. xxxx

I love Minis - esp this thread - that hug def lifted me - hope it does the same to everyone who sees it!!xx

Hope everyone's well and up for an on plan Wednesday??

Ooooops - forgot to post my food yest - as u'll see I was very hungry and had a few syns - but nothing on the scale of my recent binges - thank goodness!!

B: small choc bar (?syns?) - not a good start

Snack: coffee (semi skimmed milk part HEA) 1 choc shortbread( ?syns?) not good either - out for coffee with SW friends - we all had a treat!!

Lunch: cheese (part HEA) on toast (HEB) with onions and tomatoes - an upndown sundae - fat free yog, meringue (?syns?) with banana and half a choc mousse (?syns?) getting better - wd u say??

Tea: roast lean lamb, cauli, courgettes, baby sweetcorn, broccoli, SW roasties, gravy (?syns?) followed by sundae as above

Snack: grapes and banana

I know I need to calculate syns at every meal - will do that today and will try hard to eat less.

Hi - taking a leaf from Doreen's book and planned my day in an effort to have a 'good' one! Also hoping if I put this in print - it'll stop me from over-eating later! Hope everyone's having a good day. You may notice I'm having a banana themed day!!

B: magic porage oats part HEB and berries

L: 1 slice bread part HEB 2 rashers lean bacon, cucumber and tomato sauce 1 syn and banana

T: SW chilli and rice, fat free yog, meringue 2.5 syns, banana

Snacks: 2 bananas

ss milk in coffee part HEA

TOTAL SYNS - 3.5 syns

Hope that's all that goes into upndown's tum today!!

....And was it?

Hello lovely people, have been in the backround just not posting hope your all ok. xxx

....And was it?

Hello lovely people, have been in the backround just not posting hope your all ok. xxx

Miraculously - yes it was - off to bed in a minute and feeling full so think I can trust myself not to eat anymore - it's all down to the hypno - but I don't care - I'm back on track - phew - hope u'll manage ur day 2moro - but I'd find it really hard to stick to salad all day - but then u'll come up with some lovely meals I bet!! Good luck - night, night xx

Not sure why - but I've just had a little read of some older posts by LJ and CJ - a pity that they're not posting any more - I miss them - they're lovely ppl and helped me to get to where I am - I hope they're well and keeping healthy.

Quiet here today - hope everyone's enjoying the lovely weather! Poppy had her op today - she's fine but woke up very grumpy her parents said - must be the anaesthetic!! If she eats something she can come home - but only drinking at the mo - so we'll have to see - seems early to send her home I think - but then I'm probably old fashioned!! Not sure when she will see the surgeon - I'm a bit concerned what he found during the op - he mentioned nerve damage and the junior doctor thought she had perforated eardrum. Anyway - not use worrying - my neighbour's had very bad news today - her 5 week old niece has died during a heart operation - v sad - it must be devastating for the parents.

Here's how my eating day went - hope u all had a good one!

B: magic porage (as Doreen calls it - great description!) and berries

Snack: guess (Answer: banana for a change!)

L: half grated parmesan and half grated reduced fat cheese (HEA) on toast (HEB) with tomatoes and an apple

T: corned beef hash with baked beans

Snack: SW choc brownies with choc spread Mmmmmm... I think that'd be about 10 syns but well worth it!!

Larder out of bounds until the morning :fingerscrossed:

Well broke into the larder - but not too bad - a fat free yog and meringue - think they're 1.5 syns - so TOTAL SYNS = 11.5

Last edited:
Back