LL HQ have run out of cranberry and new peanut bars!!!

madhatter400

Hi All

Just came back from a drop in session with my counsellor and she told us that they have recieved an email from LL HQ to say that all LLC in the UK cannot reorder any more new bars in january if they run out as LL HQ have run out, they hope to have the problem resolved by the end of January so sadly my LLC is rationing the new bars until she runs out completely.....great stuff....errr... not that routine is important to us LLers!!!:( New bars have proved too popular it seems, i have the cranberry with coffee so bye bye to that....luckily i like the old peanut bar which there seems to be tons off lol so i shall be crunching away on those!

So heads up...hopefully your LLCs have lots in stock to see you all through!

Mads

Yes, our LLC told us before Christmas. She is rationing to an extent and asking anyone who has a selection to try and leave those 2 for the those who don't, and she isn't telling new clients about them yet either.
She also did a 'foodpack party' for us and made biscuits and cheesecake from the other bars which are ok, but I only have the crispy peanut too, so am a bit fedup about it.
Apparently it is the cranberry which are worse, so I am hoping I can get through it.
I cannot stand the other bars as they are, I can eat the lemon made into biscuits, but they are still not that nice.

I sometimes have lemon made into biscuits but they are so unpredictable I have given up trying.

Ho-hum... I guess its back to strawberry shakes!! (one of 2 shakes that I like, the other being vanilla!!)

My LLC has been rationing them for weeks - we're allowed 5 new and 2 old. I buy the lemon ones, cut them up and microwave into biscuits. Only problem is I can't microwave them at work.... so I'm hoping the 'crisis' is resolved soon!!

Oooh the cranberry bars are sooo tasty, scrummy yummy... Have you not tried them claire, bet you'd like em :D

Deb, how bout making up the lemon biscuits before you go to work, problem solved - you dont have to eat those within 15mins of making them, (not sure if you know that or not). You can also make them in the oven, which i find they don't burn so easily.. still got to keep a close eye on them tho, and best to use a teflon sheet so they don't stick :)

Deb, how bout making up the lemon biscuits before you go to work, problem solved - you dont have to eat those within 15mins of making them, (not sure if you know that or not).:)

Yep - but they smell so good when they're cooking that I don't think they'd last till I got to school, let alone lunchtime!!!!:D

How long do you put them in the oven for, and what temp? ONly done mine in the microwave!

Lol deb,
I know what you mean :D

I'd say about 10mins, but would advise you stay in the kitchen whilst they are cooking, coz they suddenly turn colour. Middle to lower shelf, prob about 180 - 200 Gas mark 3 or 4

You can get the teflon sheet from Morrissons and prob any supermarket - def worth investing in one if you havn't got one already.

How long do you put them in the oven for, and what temp? ONly done mine in the microwave!

I put mine in for about 10 minutes, however, I have a magic oven that can burn a deep crust pizza in that time. I don't know what it would be in a 'normal' one.

I ordered seven Cranberry bars last night no problem :D

Don't think my counsellor is running short as she'd cut some up and put them out for people to eat/try last night. I like the new bars but I still enjoy all the old ones except for the fruit ones.

Katie

Thanks re the oven advice - I've been using baking parchment which is great for 'cooking' crisps and biscuits on!

:)It must be certain areas as we were fine tonight allowed to have anything we wanted.

Yeh mine had limited it to 3 bars of the nut and 3 of the cranberry. But seeing as you only get 7 bars any and I normally get 4-3. It wasnt too bad for me.

My LLC said last night that she has enough to last until the new stock arrives at the end of Jan. She did say however, that HQ will be rationing the new supply so they don't run out again.

Back