LLLiteand BMIover 29

jlm

Hi everyone

I really want to start LL Lite but am worried I wont be able to as my BMI is nearly 33. I notice the website says for those under 29.5 but im thinking as I am paying for it and LL Lite is less extreme (ie not needing GP check /abstinence etc) surely it is my choice? has anyone had any experience with this? I think those who do LL are amazing I just know I would need a little solid food a day and that would help me stick to it. I appreciate i will lose slower on this. many thanks and good luck to all whatever your weight loss plan!
jxx

My counsellor said absolutely no - I was not allowed to do LLL until my BMI was under 29. She did however say that I could switch to LLL if I still wanted to when my BMI was there.

But, I think I read of someone on here who's counsellor let them. So the best thing would be to talk to your counsellor. She's not supposed to let you, but if she doesn't at least she could explain her reasons.

I know Cambridge offer an equivalent - the 810 plan - I've never tried it so I don't know how it differs, but I do know they don't go by BMI if you want to try it. But, with cambridge, you don't get the same counselling and group support which I find invaluable.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Hey Jim

LL will not let you do LLLite if your BMI is over 30, as far as I know. However as mentioned above, there are other VLCD's that will allow it. My sister has just done Exante ( same deal but no councilling) you can do a version that is the same as the lite, with 2 packs a day and a calorie controlled low gi meal in the evenings.

Good Luck whatever you decide.

Jez
xx

lllited and BMI over 29

Thanks for the replies i guess it looks unlikely that can do LLL at moment. however well done D.I.T.R, your BMI is already nrly at the level for LLL after only one week! So maybe i would only have to do a month of LL im hoping. Thanks for the suggestions of other alternatives I will have a look at them too but am sure probably the counselling and advice and stuff is needed in my case!
:D

Thank you jlm, and I hope you'll be joining us on the September thread soon.

My counsellor does not recommend moving on to LLL - when I told her that I really wanted to do it and that was what was motivating me through the first bit of LL, she said she'd let me switch, but only if I agreed to have a good one-to-one chat with her first, when I reached the right BMI. I guess I'll find out her reasons then, but I'm glad she will let me switch if I want to.

Funny I was the other way around. I wanted to do LL as I thought it would be easier than having to think about cooking any food at all.
I can understand how you feel though the thought of not eating is pretty scarey and the thought of being permantly hungry is daunting, but believe me you won't feel that hungry after a while.
I am only 10 days in and when it comes to my evening meal I am still not that hungry and could easily cope with just another shake.
It will be worth it in the end so all the best.

Back