Loads of Weight to Lose *Currently Weigh 23st 3lb*

Hi Everyone,

I am starting my weight lose diet tomorrow as we have a competion at work called the biggiest loser which involves the 3 biggiest guys in the office going head to head in weekly weighin's.

I would like to lose around 10stone in total and make weekly progress on this goal, but need help with a suitable diet that I will not get bored with.

My manager at work joined slimming world and has lost loads of weight and looks great.

I am only 26 years old and have a little daughter who I would like to see grow up and know that i need to act now.

Anyone who could give me help with weekly food plans or what they think is good to eat,drink etc.

I am happy to buddy up with someone for support to.

Cheers

Superturk84:)

I started at 22 stone 10 and currently 20 stone 2 so you can do this :)

What plan are you thinking of doing?

Hi Superturk!

Well done for making the decision to start your new diet tomorrow, I think slimming world would be great for you-could you ask you manager to help you get started? Or maybe you could join a class? I think it is great that you want to be healthy for your daughter and set a good example to her.

I think slimming world is a great plan as it is really easy to incoporate into your family too as it teaches a healthier way of cooking and you don't have to do a great deal of weighing out and the whole family can eat the same meal.

Eating wise you have lots of choice for breakfasts I usually have:
Boiled eggs with 1 slice wholemeal toast and some ham
Bacon and scrambled egg
Beans on toast
Omlette
Fruit salad with yogurt
Cereal and banana

Lunches are:
Salad with a meat of some kind with crackerbreads and cream cheese
Left overs of pasta/stir fry/risotto
Couscous or noodles you make up with boiling water
Jacket potatoes with beans/tuna/meats or salad

Tea varys but we like:
Risotto- great to use up stuff out the fridge
Meats with slimming world chips/wedges with salad or beans
Stir frys/ rice with tons of veg and chicken/turkey/beef
Chili/Bolgnaise
Pasta - all kinds
Jacket potatoes
Grill ups with bacon, eggs, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, low syn sausages

There is tons of choice and if you want a plan you won't get bored with then slimming world is ideal.

Good luck in your journey and if you need any help come find my diary and give me a shout!!

Claire

Hi Superturk!

Well done for making the decision to start your new diet tomorrow, I think slimming world would be great for you-could you ask you manager to help you get started? Or maybe you could join a class? I think it is great that you want to be healthy for your daughter and set a good example to her.

I think slimming world is a great plan as it is really easy to incoporate into your family too as it teaches a healthier way of cooking and you don't have to do a great deal of weighing out and the whole family can eat the same meal.

Eating wise you have lots of choice for breakfasts I usually have:
Boiled eggs with 1 slice wholemeal toast and some ham
Bacon and scrambled egg
Beans on toast
Omlette
Fruit salad with yogurt
Cereal and banana

Lunches are:
Salad with a meat of some kind with crackerbreads and cream cheese
Left overs of pasta/stir fry/risotto
Couscous or noodles you make up with boiling water
Jacket potatoes with beans/tuna/meats or salad

Tea varys but we like:
Risotto- great to use up stuff out the fridge
Meats with slimming world chips/wedges with salad or beans
Stir frys/ rice with tons of veg and chicken/turkey/beef
Chili/Bolgnaise
Pasta - all kinds
Jacket potatoes
Grill ups with bacon, eggs, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, low syn sausages

There is tons of choice and if you want a plan you won't get bored with then slimming world is ideal.

Good luck in your journey and if you need any help come find my diary and give me a shout!!

Claire

Hi Claire,

Thankyou for taking the time to reply to me, I really am looking forward to getting ride of half of me lol.

I have asked my manager to bring her books in for me so I can have a browse through them and hopefully when my workload goes down slighty I will attend weighins.

Getting support on here is sop important to as its great encouragement.

Thanks again

Engin

Hi Superturk welcome. I am doing Slimming World by myself so I don't attend meetings but I have found that the best support is here. Any questions and there is always a lovely person to give you the answers so it can be done. Just make sure you pick a weigh in day and stick to that, mine is on Tuesdays. I always WI in the morning then I log my weightloss on a couple of message boards here. Also it would be nice if you gave yourself a couple of challenges, there is quite a few on here e.g the Summer Challenge, just fill in how much you want to lose by the end of August (in time for Bank holiday) and adjust your weight loss or gain every week. It's quite nice that way because you can look at other members to see how they are doing and it gives you the motivation to work harder, here is the link http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/207502-summer-challenge.html. Another good one is the sexy for santa challenge in time for Xmas http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/220094-six-months-sexy-santa-team.html. Also there is a July challenge and it's not too late for you to join coz we've only just started; http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/219521-anyone-up-juicy-july-challenge.html. Also try and join an exercise challenge as well. Slimming World doesn't really require you to exercise but I think it's nice for your heart and also gets you more active plus helps with the loose skin issue. Right good luck and feel free to write if you need any advice. :D

Hello!

I'm very new here and have been looking for a 23-stone thread - this seems to be closest I can find!

I have just joined a SW group yesterday (10 Sep 2011), weighing in at 23 st 5 lbs. Is there anyone else here in the same 'boat'?

Superturk, are you still around? :)

Hello!

I'm very new here and have been looking for a 23-stone thread - this seems to be closest I can find!

I have just joined a SW group yesterday (10 Sep 2011), weighing in at 23 st 5 lbs. Is there anyone else here in the same 'boat'?

hellooooooo - just wanted to say i started slimming world on jan 10th weighing exactly the same as you - and i now weigh 17st 10.5 - got my 5 and a half stone award last week - slimming world has changed my life - and good luck to you on your journey too :D xxxx

ShinyShimmy said:
hellooooooo - just wanted to say i started slimming world on jan 10th weighing exactly the same as you - and i now weigh 17st 10.5 - got my 5 and a half stone award last week - slimming world has changed my life - and good luck to you on your journey too :D xxxx

Wow congratulations :)

Tell us your secret!

meow^..^ said:
Hello!

I rejoined last Monday 23st 4.5 and in hoping to be out in to the 22s this week if not next :)

Wow, there have been lots of posts over the last week! I'm still learning to navigate my way around this board.

Went for my first weigh-in this morning and am 2.5 lbs down. Although I am convinced that it's the jeans that I was wearing last week - was wearing much lighter clothing today...

That is AMAZING! And thank you so much for sharing this - it really does spur me on so much! :)

And also! Does your name mean that you're a belly dancer?

Wow, there have been lots of posts over the last week! I'm still learning to navigate my way around this board.

Went for my first weigh-in this morning and am 2.5 lbs down. Although I am convinced that it's the jeans that I was wearing last week - was wearing much lighter clothing today...

That is AMAZING! And thank you so much for sharing this - it really does spur me on so much! :)

And also! Does your name mean that you're a belly dancer?

helloooooooooo nooooooooo im not a belly dancer (i wish lol) i just love shiney and glittery stuff and shimmy is something i do randomly in the privacy of my own home pmsl - i like to shake my tictacs hahaha :8855:- i sound like a right nutter now huh !!!! i do zumba and theres a shimmy kinda move we do alot and i love it (makes me feel ((dare i say)) sexy:eek:) i only do it sexily at home tho - omg im offski b4 u all think im actually crackers haha xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

helloooooooooo nooooooooo im not a belly dancer (i wish lol) i just love shiney and glittery stuff and shimmy is something i do randomly in the privacy of my own home pmsl - i like to shake my tictacs hahaha :8855:- i sound like a right nutter now huh !!!! i do zumba and theres a shimmy kinda move we do alot and i love it (makes me feel ((dare i say)) sexy:eek:) i only do it sexily at home tho - omg im offski b4 u all think im actually crackers haha xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You gave me a good laugh on a Sunday morning!

I've been going to belly dance classes for around 4 years now - there is lots of shimmying, and lots and lots of shiny, glittering, blingy stuff! I absolutely adore it.

Hope your weigh-in going well today :) xx

I started on the 8th September at 24stone 6 lbs. Im only 25, I nearly died when I saw the scales, I suffer under active thyroid aswell, after getting recommended SW and trying other diets I was a skeptic, but first week I lost a whopping 7lbs! Im loving SW and never going hungry! :D

I started on the 8th September at 24stone 6 lbs. Im only 25, I nearly died when I saw the scales, I suffer under active thyroid aswell, after getting recommended SW and trying other diets I was a skeptic, but first week I lost a whopping 7lbs! Im loving SW and never going hungry! :D

That's a great loss in your first week! Well done!! :)

I'm not used to stones and pounds, I work in kgs, so when they first weighed me, I was like "Meh, what does that mean?" The shock really came when I got home and got the calculator out!!

Have you started some medication for your thyroid? I've recently looked up the symptoms for me, and I tick off the large majority of them, so thought I should go talk to a GP about it... Best get registered one of these days!!

That's a great loss in your first week! Well done!! :)

I'm not used to stones and pounds, I work in kgs, so when they first weighed me, I was like "Meh, what does that mean?" The shock really came when I got home and got the calculator out!!

Have you started some medication for your thyroid? I've recently looked up the symptoms for me, and I tick off the large majority of them, so thought I should go talk to a GP about it... Best get registered one of these days!!

Hey, thanks for the reply, im on some kinda stuff i cant remember but my dosage is 100mg so i guess mines quite bad. Deffinatly talking to your gp is worthit.. I found a bit of my hair falling out and just general lethagy etc I also had insomnia which was strange! If the doctor is a bit weird, ask for a test anyway! Youll feel so much better when you start taking the meds!

Hello!

Hi Meow,

Still around and trying to lose weight. Ive been so busy at work its been difficult to get on here. I to was 23st 3lbs when I first wrote on here and at my first weigh in at work swelled by another 3lb to 23st 6lbs, Since then I have regained my focus and now strive to acheive my goal. I weighed in this monday gone and am now down to 21st 10lb which to be honest I am over the moon with but feel it could have been more if I kept my discipline levels up. I have to say I have found it very difficult at times to stay on track more from the perspective I have come a bit obsessed with jumping on the scales every other day and when I see I'm still the same weight get a bit disheartened. Although my overall goal is massive I'm setting myself mini targets to achieve and finding by hitting those its keeps me more positive.

How are you finding it so far ?

Cheers

Engin:)

Superturk! You're back! (Or maybe still here?) :)

That's so great, you've lost almost 2 stone and you're almost at your 10%!

I more than understand the temptation to jump on the scales every day, especially since I use Wii Fit, which automatically weighs you every time you get on. I did read somewhere that people who weigh themselves daily are less likely to lose weight. I wonder if it's because daily weighing means that you're going to be seeing every minute fluctuation - which for people as big as you and I are really visible on the scales. So if you're constantly being disappointed by rises and falls you might be more likely to give up than a person who would be seeing a constant(-ish) progress.

I think minigoals are very important! Looking at something long-term is very defeating...

I am getting on alright so far, I lost 2.5 lbs in my first week and then had what I think would have been a really good second week, but I was wasn't able to go weigh in, as I had to go away for work. I was away for 6 days, and when I left I thought I was in the right head space for making food decisions. But that totally fell over almost as soon as I got there, and I had such long busy days, it was virtually impossible to keep an eye on what I was eating. On a couple of the days, I didn't have time to have lunch, and ended up wolfing down piles of these little chocolate bars that were laid out during meetings.

I was really dreading my weigh in yesterday, but ended up being 1.5 pounds down from 2 weeks ago. So I suspect that having had such a good week previously counteracted whatever happened when I went away.

All I can do is take it on the chin and move on. Life is going to get in the way, and all I can hope to do is to minimise the damage.

Best of luck for the coming week!

Back