Loads of Weight to Lose *Currently Weigh 23st 3lb*

Superturk! You're back! (Or maybe still here?) :)

That's so great, you've lost almost 2 stone and you're almost at your 10%!

I more than understand the temptation to jump on the scales every day, especially since I use Wii Fit, which automatically weighs you every time you get on. I did read somewhere that people who weigh themselves daily are less likely to lose weight. I wonder if it's because daily weighing means that you're going to be seeing every minute fluctuation - which for people as big as you and I are really visible on the scales. So if you're constantly being disappointed by rises and falls you might be more likely to give up than a person who would be seeing a constant(-ish) progress.

I think minigoals are very important! Looking at something long-term is very defeating...

I am getting on alright so far, I lost 2.5 lbs in my first week and then had what I think would have been a really good second week, but I was wasn't able to go weigh in, as I had to go away for work. I was away for 6 days, and when I left I thought I was in the right head space for making food decisions. But that totally fell over almost as soon as I got there, and I had such long busy days, it was virtually impossible to keep an eye on what I was eating. On a couple of the days, I didn't have time to have lunch, and ended up wolfing down piles of these little chocolate bars that were laid out during meetings.

I was really dreading my weigh in yesterday, but ended up being 1.5 pounds down from 2 weeks ago. So I suspect that having had such a good week previously counteracted whatever happened when I went away.

All I can do is take it on the chin and move on. Life is going to get in the way, and all I can hope to do is to minimise the damage.

Best of luck for the coming week!

Hi Meow,

Still here and checking the forum when I can.

I bought a wii fit yesturday and spent 1 hour doing the jogging which I thought was great. I really am determind this time to lose my weight and keep it off. I have decieded to train 5 times a week now with 3 times being in the gym and 2 on the wii fit, i think i have now built momentem and dont want it to stop.

Please stay in touch and we can help each other along the line:)

Over the Moon

Hi Everyone,

I'm feeling fantastic after weighing in today at work where we do our weigh in's and have lost another 5.2lbs!!! Now down to 21st 4.8lbs!! cant wait for next weeks weigh in.

Aim this week is another 5lb loss:bighug:

Im finding it quite hard atm, My determination is slowing down and I have been extremely naughty, (a party and a takeaway>), everytime before I get weighed I seem to panic aswell! I want to be out of the 20s. :(

Im finding it quite hard atm, My determination is slowing down and I have been extremely naughty, (a party and a takeaway>), everytime before I get weighed I seem to panic aswell! I want to be out of the 20s. :(

Hi Viixenx,

I have been where you are many times before to be honest but this time I have stuck to it. Ultimatly there is going to be times where you have the odd snack or takeaway but its important to stay focused and think of all the reasons your losing weight for.

Do you get support at home ?

I'm blessed that my mrs (size 10) eats what i eat and encourages me all the time, she will also tell me off if I go to get a snack so that really helps me.

Like I said think positive and dont give up and dont worry about the weigh in, if you know you have been naughty then you know there is a good chance your weight will have increased but you can change that the following week.

Keep in touch and know there are many people hear to help.

Regards

Engin

Hi!!

Superturk, I am so amazed at how well you are doing! Those are incredible losses :)

Are you seeing differences in your body, or in how you're feeling?

Viixenx, sorry to hear that you're struggling, have the last couple of days been going any better for you? Like Superturk says, are you getting much support at home or from your family? Are you going to SW meetings, or doing it on your own?

My week has gone alright. It was really busy at work, so I didn't get much of a chance to get on here, but the eating was pretty much on track. I wasn't able to get any exercise this week unfortunately. Both my dance classes were canceled, which is normally about 4 hours of exercise over a week, so I just sat on the couch watching TV after work every evening.

So I expected to have either maintained or gone up at my weigh-in this morning. BUT! I was down by 2 lbs, which really surprised me, and I'm down into the 22 stones now, from the 23 I started off in! And to to top it off, I co-won slimmer of the week at my group! I actually felt quite bad taking half the winnings from the other girl, who's half my size - it's so much easier for someone my size to lose a couple of pounds than for her!

A question to both of you, do you have your Syns?

Thanks for the replies, my sister is doing SW with me, and my mum and dad are always supportive and encouraging. Im getting up the courage I guess to get into an exercise regime again. I hate it, when I was in school, I was healthy, I will be like that again, but better. I always make sure I have my syns , before I go bed I like to have an options hot choccy because thats the only time I generally get sweet cravings now.

Viixenx, you sound a lot more positive today, that's nice to see! :)

I find exercise hard (I don't mean just the doing of!). It seems to easy to think 'I'll do so-n-so on this day, and then I will do that other thing on the next day', but when push comes to shove, it just doesn't happen! I just can't seem to settle myself into a routine and stick with it.

I think it's really important to find something that you're going to enjoy and will make you feel good (physically and about yourself). I think my dance classes are like that for me, but heaven forbid that they're ever cancelled, will I shut myself in the spare room and dance alone? Nope!!

It's not really a possibility at the moment, but I really want to get a bike and do some riding. Maybe one day when I'm fitter and better at it, I'd like to do some long-distance races or go on cycling holidays. Maybe in spring I'll be able to get one.

What sort of things do you enjoy doing?

Yeah, I feel a lot more positive, you helped and made me look at things a bit differently, I used to love biking. With my job, I can get a free membership at a gym, but I don't feel like, um, ready? enough to do that yet. I love just dance on the wii, and Im trying to get my weight down so I can start using wii fit again, Once I can do that, I know i'll start off on my exercise journey. Just got about 8lbs to get off before I can do that!

When did you first see that you needed to do something about your weight?

I totally get that, gyms are incredibly intimidating. And no matter how much people say ‘Don’t worry, everyone there is only concerned with themselves and they don’t look at anyone else’, I just can’t believe them! I can get corporate membership rates at a couple of gyms near me through my work, but my partner’s not working at the moment, so even the somewhat reduced price isn’t really feasible at the moment. I would like to get into doing some swimming, which might even require swimming lessons...!!

I really like my Wii Fit too! I really want some of those dancing games and the zumba one looks quite interesting too. Do you mean that you’re trying to lose weight so you can Wii again because of its weight limit? I don’t think I even realised that it had one until you mentioned it, no wonder it’s been squeaking a bit!!! :D

When did I first see? I’ve had a number of revealing moments over the years, I suppose. A lot of them are to do with seeing photos of myself from events where I thought I looked really nice and then realised that the nice hair and makeup wasn’t covering anything up! One of the things that upsets me the most and makes me the most determined are airplane seats. I can’t even describe the combination of frustration, anger, embarrassment, sadness, despair every time I can’t get the seat belt on or can’t put the tray down...

I’ve actually never been a normal weight. I was born premature and underweight, and within 2 months managed to reverse that and have been off all the charts since then. It has been literally decades of ‘I’m going to lose weight soon’. I think I managed to maintain my weight fairly well through the latter half of high school (I started doing martial arts), but was in a car accident and have a ‘bad ankle’ which is painful all the time. Everything just spun right out of control after that, and other than a couple of several-month periods when I’ve lost a little bit of weight, I’ve steadily been putting on weight since then.

Given that I have never been anything close to normal weight, I have a deeply seated (irrational?!) belief that it’s not possible for me to be normal. Like there is something defective about my body/metabolism that won’t let it happen. I’m giving it a go though.

Anyway, I talk waaaayyyy too much!!

What about you, any revealing moments?

Hi Ladies,

Hope you both good and remaining focused on your goals, just had my weighin and have only lost 1lb which to say is like a kick in the teeth for the amount of effort i have put in.

however I suppose its better than a gain and will now continue on my goal of 3lb a week less.

Be good to hear from you.

Regards

Engin

Hi Ladies,

Hope you both good and remaining focused on your goals, just had my weighin and have only lost 1lb which to say is like a kick in the teeth for the amount of effort i have put in.

however I suppose its better than a gain and will now continue on my goal of 3lb a week less.

Be good to hear from you.

Regards

Engin

Keep up the good work, at least at the end of the day, its -1lb thats never gonna be seen again, half a pack of sugar i believe, Im aiming for my stone and a half this week, ive measured myself on the wii and it says ive lost 3lbs so, fingers crossed for tomorrows weigh in!

Viixenx said:
Keep up the good work, at least at the end of the day, its -1lb thats never gonna be seen again, half a pack of sugar i believe, Im aiming for my stone and a half this week, ive measured myself on the wii and it says ive lost 3lbs so, fingers crossed for tomorrows weigh in!

Cheers for the support! I had my weigh in today and lost 5lb last week so I'm buzzing. It's been tough but now it's been worth it

Congrats super turk :) it gets easier!

Cheers Viixenx,

How are you getting on ?

I am finding it good at the moment but then on a whole im happy so I think that helps and I've changed some of my eating habbits which I think are helping with the weight loss.

Regards

Engin

Cheers Viixenx,

How are you getting on ?

I am finding it good at the moment but then on a whole im happy so I think that helps and I've changed some of my eating habbits which I think are helping with the weight loss.

Regards

Engin

Im doing good thanks, got my 1.5 stone shiny on thursday, im feeling like im not putting enough effort into it atm, im not eating nowhere near as much as when i first started sw, i think i need to eat more D: haha!

At least its only apound gain, mayb a food diary helps? it helps me because even though some times I have a bad day i write the day off instead of making it a bad week :)

If you are struggling with focus read or reread the success stories thread or start a diary as mentioned. i lost 3 stone before on Atkins before, of course put it back on again and more. Having just read the success stories on here again i have decided to order a month of VLCD packs and am starting back on track tomorrow . Will be following your progress closely.

BigDaveM said:
If you are struggling with focus read or reread the success stories thread or start a diary as mentioned. i lost 3 stone before on Atkins before, of course put it back on again and more. Having just read the success stories on here again i have decided to order a month of VLCD packs and am starting back on track tomorrow . Will be following your progress closely.

Hi Dave,

Just had a good read of the success stories page and it is really inspirational, everyone has done so well. What is VLCD ? What is your current weight ?

finding_nemo said:
At least its only apound gain, mayb a food diary helps? it helps me because even though some times I have a bad day i write the day off instead of making it a bad week :)

Hi nemo,

Thanks for your reply and support, I will certainly think about starting a diary. I know what your saying to it is only a lb and it could have been worst if I was not being consistent in the gym. I think the problem is some weeks you can work so hard and then when you get on the scales you feel really disappointed. Thanks again for your help.

Back