Loads to lose and exercise options??

Christiana

Mens sana in corpore sano
Hi all,

I really want to give my weight loss a push by doing some exercise, but even though I'm 3st+ down, I am still limited by my size and some mobility issues.

Ideally, I'd like to work out at home with equipment - I have the 30 day shred DVD which I can only do up to a point. I wouldn't mind joining a gym, but the prices are a little steep for me at the minute...the cheapest I've found so far is my nearest Fitness First - £49.95 p/m for short term membership (4 months minimum) or £41.95 p/m for a longer term (12 months+).

I'm nowhere near brave enough to go swimming yet, but I really want to do more. I used to go to Fitness First when I was a student and used to enjoy it, particularly as my one had a women's only fitness studio that was practically empty at the times I went (between noon and 2pm).

I guess I'd like to know what people in my size range are doing for movement? Besides walking that is...what are your experiences buying home gym equipment? Any recommendations for reasonably priced cross trainers/treadmills that take over 25st? Thanks in advance!

I get on my exercise bike as well as sometimes do the 30 Day Shred and I do loads of yoga and I've also just downloaded Jordan the workout..which I heard was a good one but haven't tried it yet..Also go walking..and would love to go swimming but no confidence yet.. :p

Thanks for your reply binnybee, I know what you mean about the swimming....the worst part is I know how beneficial swimming can be...I even went so far as to go to my local pool....couldn't do it!

:(

I know! I love swimming and all it's just..Everytime I go past the Gym where the pool is there's loads of fit looking people going in and out and I would just be soo self concious..If I had someone to go with I might not be as worried but it's going alone...Maybe when I loose a bit I'll be more willing..but doing yoga really is a good one.. I have a dvd that focusses on abdominal stretches and things..and I did it yesterday and woke up this morning and could deffinatly feel that it had worked and then did it again today and was soo sore i had to take a hot bath! Lol.

Gosh that's expensive . What area are you in . Swimming is great for overall toning and fitness . X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Work-out DVD's wise I recommend interval training ones, such as the Hannah Waterman or Clare Nasir DVD's, as interval training is supposed to help you burn more calories in a shorter space of time and keep burning them for hours after you finish working out. I would be doing mine if I had the motivation and my back wasn't always hurting lately.

Gym wise, have you heard of The Gym Group? They offer really reasonable membership with no contracts, if you're based in London I think they have some Gym Group gyms scattered about

Gym West London, Guildford, Surrey, Gyms Hounslow Richmond

I've joined the new one that's opened in Plymouth, but have yet to get past my first time anxiety to actually go there....sigh.

Good luck finding a form of exercise you enjoy that doesn't put too much pressure on your body, exercise can do more harm than good if we don't approach it in the right way. Let us know how you get on with it.

Crikey, I need to work out....someone please force me to work out!!! I simply can't bring myself to do it this time round.

I've got an exercise bike which I try and do a couple of miles a day on, as I lose more weight I'll be pushing that up to more, am trying to add a mile a fortnight. I also bought a PS3 with the Move starter pack and sports game plus MelB Fitness game too. Both are pretty good but can't manage too long at the mo.

MissUno .........WORK OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ha!

Wahhh I want to but meh....effort :doh:

What I'm waiting on is that sudden random drive to get sweaty to kick in, it has before...c'mon brain!

Back