LoChan's diary - hello!

Hey :D I've spent 2 hours reading your diary so I thought it'd be rude not to say hello!
I'm quite the disappearing poster, myself.

Ooodles of positive vibes sent your way for a marvellous week X

Hiya Lo

it's good to see you here and sounding positive. So good the plantar facci whatsit has eased at last too. Mine is good as well although I got struck down with sciatica nad was a tad immobile for a while. I might still have an op fr that, I turned one down a couple of months ago and will see the surgeon in two weeks to talk about options now. Childminding sounds tiring, I'm glad that I no longer have to cope with littlies.

Talking about people disappearing, a couple of people I knew here have been banned. I am intrigued. Yes slim pods have disappeared and looking around the admin section I notice a post about linking to social networking sites and talk of removing threads and banning. I have had my earlier sig removed and post carefully.

Happy Tuesday dear Lo

Oof, are sciatic nerves just there to cause problems for us? Seems like it sometimes - I hurt my back earlier in the year and again a few weeks ago but higher up so not so bad... god I've had back ache before but I don't remember even childbirth coming close to the pain of putting your back out, I nearly passed out with it :( I keep meaning to try and start doing yoga again to help strengthen things but I'm paranoid about bending now incase it happens again... feeling very old before my time with it all :rolleyes:

Hmmn disappearances, banned folk... Better watch my mouth or I'll be carted off to The Ministry of Love for reprogramming :giggle:

Hey :D I've spent 2 hours reading your diary so I thought it'd be rude not to say hello!
I'm quite the disappearing poster, myself.

Ooodles of positive vibes sent your way for a marvellous week X

Aww thank you for the vibes, every little helps :)

I hope it wasn't two hours worth of mindnumbing drivel lol Hope you're having a fab week xx

Food diary for yesterday (Day 4) EE

B: Pumpkin raisin breakfast cookies (hexb + 2.5 syns), mullerlight, banana
Pumpkin Breakfast cookies.jpg

L: Leftover lamb hotpot (1 syn + mmmm) & steamed veg

D: Meatball pasta bake (1 hexa - humongous portions, the SW mag folks really like to EAT), salad, 1 tbsp asda honey mustard dressing (guessed 2 syns to be safe).
Meatball pasta bake.jpg

Snacks: Melon slices, yogurt, mini milk choc lolly (5 syns)

Felt very energised and happy for the first part of the day today, been getting healthy proper food down me for the first time in months and had a lovely bank holiday weekend. Back in work today and lots of kids are snotty and coughing all over me and one had to go home early with a temp of 40C... expecting to cop for all the germs intime for this weekend, must start taking some supplements to boost my immune system. I think spending many years home-working, no real life social activity and spending the majority of last year indoors and mostly under a duvet has left my germ fighting cells somewhat lacking :rolleyes: Brought it on myself I spose, hohum.

I'm somewhat shattered but still in a positive mood otherwise, enjoying the blue skies and new leaves on the trees while they last :D

Lovely isn't it, all this new growth? Hope the childrens' bugs don't hit you too hard. It does sound like your immune system has a bit of strengthening to do. People used to swear by echinacea, in lozenges or tea but I've not researched it. Take care of yourself tonight.

Food diary for yesterday (Day 4) EE

B: Pumpkin raisin breakfast cookies (hexb + 2.5 syns), mullerlight, banana
View attachment 89796

L: Leftover lamb hotpot (1 syn + mmmm) & steamed veg

D: Meatball pasta bake (1 hexa - humongous portions, the SW mag folks really like to EAT), salad, 1 tbsp asda honey mustard dressing (guessed 2 syns to be safe).
View attachment 89797

Snacks: Melon slices, yogurt, mini milk choc lolly (5 syns)

Felt very energised and happy for the first part of the day today, been getting healthy proper food down me for the first time in months and had a lovely bank holiday weekend. Back in work today and lots of kids are snotty and coughing all over me and one had to go home early with a temp of 40C... expecting to cop for all the germs intime for this weekend, must start taking some supplements to boost my immune system. I think spending many years home-working, no real life social activity and spending the majority of last year indoors and mostly under a duvet has left my germ fighting cells somewhat lacking :rolleyes: Brought it on myself I spose, hohum.

I'm somewhat shattered but still in a positive mood otherwise, enjoying the blue skies and new leaves on the trees while they last :D

Looks good! Are you willing to share the cookie recipe? Thank you please lol x

Lovely isn't it, all this new growth? Hope the childrens' bugs don't hit you too hard. It does sound like your immune system has a bit of strengthening to do. People used to swear by echinacea, in lozenges or tea but I've not researched it. Take care of yourself tonight.

Thanks for the tip I'll do some echinacea tea research later today, I think yogi tea does one and I love their stuff. Must get back into the herbal tea habit. I'm back on the diet coke/pepsi max addiction train atm and don't get much other fluids in, bad.

I had a nice cup of twinings licorice allsorts tea just before bed last night which made me pleasantly relaxed and drowsy so I got a decent night's sleep. Ready for another day of nose-wiping :rolleyes:

Looks good! Are you willing to share the cookie recipe? Thank you please lol x

Aye, happy to oblige :) It's one of my old recipes which I've tweaked a little, I'm not sure exactly re the new porridge hexb rules so it might be 30 or 35 grams? Instant type oats work much better but I don't know if there are any hexb ones now...

SW Pumpkin raisin breakfast cookies

Serves 1 - 1hexb & 2.5syns

30(35?)g porridge oats (hexb)
14g raisins (2 syns)
70g pumpkin puree
1tbsp splenda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp each of ginger and ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp baking powder (negligible syns)
25mls milk (0.5 syns)

1. Stick the porridge oats into a bowl and add a little water to form a paste - leave a few mins to soak and if very dry add a little more water.
2. Add the raisins, pumpkin puree, splenda, spices and baking powder and mix.
3. Add the milk gradually until you get a thick batter (you might not need it all).
4. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Make mounds of batter on the tray - you
could make 4 little ones, 2 medium ones or one giant one if you like.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180'C for 10-20 mins (it'll vary depending on the size cookie/cookies you made, keep checking).
6. When ready take out of the oven, leave to cool a few minutes then transfer to a metal rack. You can have them either warm or completely cooled.

At some point I've been meaning to try swapping the pumpkin out for some homemade apple sauce, need to work out the syns on that though.

Food diary for Tuesday (Day 5, GREEN)

B: Porridge (hexb) made with water with a mullerlight stirred in, chopped banana

L: Leftover meatball pasta bake (hexa of cheese) with subway side salad and honey mustard dressing (1.5 syns)

D: Surf and turf, garlic and herb potato wedges, salad and lemon pepper dressing (0.5 syns)

S: mullerlight & chopped nectarine, melon slices, alpen light bar (3 syns), 3 kallo chocolate rice cakes (9 syns)

Having a green day today, looking forward to salt and pepper tofu tonight :D

Last edited:
isn't an alpen light a healthy extra, you can have 2 as a b choice

isn't an alpen light a healthy extra, you can have 2 as a b choice

They are yep but I'd used my hexb on porridge in the morning. I syn the alpens now and again as they're less moreish than having biscuits with a cuppa :)

Forgot to post last night's tea pic :D

Surf and turf.jpg

Random Thought....

Yummmmm :banana dancer:Banana!

Simple pleasures lol

Hey ho Lo...I sat down to write in your diary over 3 hours ago, but got called away, so here I am back and ready to write....oh I forgot I nicked your recipe before I left too lol, well one has to prioritize right? lol
Food looks and sounds a-maz-ing lady, not only have I missed you but I have missed your recipes, now if we could just get JaneB back on here regularly we could swap recipes all day long lol

Good to see you posting again regularly and I am determined to do likewise, no matter what time of the day I get here.

I have a thought for the day too, when I come here and see your menu's and pics :drool: :giggle:

Hope you're having a great day hun, ttfn xxx:hug99:xxx

Oh aye, JaneB did come up with some lovely food, we should enforce a Hotel California rule for good SW cooks... they must never leave lol
I’m doing good but I was ravenous yesterday… had 21 syns and was making a batch of potato wedges at 10pm … I’ve had less than 15 most other days this week so it should be okay. Having a red day with big salads and bns chips to hopefully rein things back in.
WI day tomorrow morning, got the day off but got to be up for quarter to seven to wait in for some new bookcases from argos… bet they turn up at 6pm :rolleyes:

Hey Lo, I am with you there, definitely enforce the Hotel California Rule, I'll second you lol
Jane did come back on briefly a few weeks back but I got so busy I didn't have time and was too shattered to come on here regularly.
Thankfully Kelly seems to be slowly taking a turn for the better and I hopefully will be spending less time there in the near future.
I am ravenous nearly every day and eat like a horse, one of the lovely side effects of the steroids, but thankfully with SW I can indulge that and still lose weight, all be it slowly it's mostly in the right direction, so the odd indulgence won't harm and as for late night eating I am living proof that it doesn't matter what time of day or night you eat you will still lose weight if you follow the plan.
oooooh wi, exciting, can't wait to see how you've done, I bet you've done brill, when you are on plan you're a force to reckon with, if you were at class you'd be winning fruit (SOTW) almost every week going by your past triumphs SO :fingerscrossed: you can do it.
Gotta Love argos lol, I got friendly with my argos delivery guy when I was using them a lot and even though I don't often have a delivery anymore, on the odd occasion I do I can almost guarantee that he will deliver it at 2pm almost to the second, god knows how I'd cope if I had to wait about all day, I am way too impatient lol
Have a great day hun and catch you laters xxx:hug99:xxx

BREAKING NEWS...

It's raining in Manchester!!!

"I knew we wouldn't put up with that sunshine for long, it's unnatural" commented one local woman.

:)

Back