Long, self-indulgent, boring post!!

Sussex Girl

Hi everyone who reads this :wave_cry:

Well I haven't been around so much the last few days because since last Wednesday I've been totally off the wagon.

I've been struggling with SS for about a week (mentally), but struggled on, until Wednesday when I had my weigh in and I'd only lost 1lb. Well that was the final straw, that combined with family problems sent me into a 'I'm going to stuff my face' mood. This has carried on relentlessly until last night. I have eaten so much food I wouldn't have believed it possible, and the sad thing is that I haven't cared one bit.

I've promised my CDC and good friend DQ that I will get back on track today, even though I'm still struggling mentally and no way am I in the SS zone. I don't know why I've lost the motive but I have, however I HAVE to do this damn diet - zone or not!!

So here I am again, 8 weeks since I started, and no way can I get near the scales until a week Wednesday. I'm going to miss this weeks weigh in because it will just send me mentally back again, I just hope I manage to lose some in the next 9 days.

I just want to eat, I don't want to do this any more. Yes I know all the reasons why I want to do it, but somehow they don't seem to count right now. How can your head be so totally into this one minute and suddenly I couldn't care less about doing it, even though I hate being fat :(

If you're still with this long drawn-out rant thanks ( I did warn you it was long and self-indulgent), however I need to put this down in writing.

I've had 5 days of eating mountains of food, and it's taught me that I still have major food issues. I'd done 8 weeks SS, so my stomach should have been much smaller, yet I've managed to put away 1000s of calories without feeling bloated or uncomfortable, so I know I'm going to have the same battle when I reach goal.

Why do I love food so much? I ask myself this all the time. I'm going to have this battle for the rest of my life. I seem to be incapable of eating normal amounts of food. It's either nothing (SS) or ridiculous amounts.

I also have to try and go back to basics with SS. I adore the bars and the husks but I honestly think they slow down my weight loss. This means I have to be stuck with 3 drinks a day, which I find incredibly boring after having husks and bars. I would eat husks every meal if I could.

So here I am, 1pm today, just got home from work and I'm just about to have my first tetra, even though I want husks!!!

I'm still tempted to eat though. I guess I've been spoiled mentally for 8 weeks, I just didn't want the food before because I was so focused. I truly believe that 99% of the success rate of this diet is down to your head being in the right place, enabling you to carry on with it day after day. I'm just going to pray that my head gets back in the right place soon, otherwise every minute of every day is going to be a struggle for me.

Thanks to anyone reading this. It's more for my own benefit than anyone elses, so feel free to ignore it :eek:

You can have the Husks they are not absorbed by the body and will not hamper your weight loss.
If it will get you throught the day then have them.....

Good luck SS we are all here for you so keep posting..

How about thinking of things from the other side of the fence

IE you stuck at it well for 8 weeks
You lost nearly every week

Its sometimes takes a lot of effore to see things from the positive side but only you can give you that butt kicking

:hug99:

You are definitely not alone on this one Hun and your post is certainly NOT self-indulgent.
I think many of us are going through this at the moment...myself included.
I get through the week SS'ing, without any hiccups at all...the minute the weekend comes along...Bam!! Forget the plan!

I won't patronise you with the .....you can do it stuff, because I truly believe that if you are ready to do something about it all, then one day it will click and off you go!

Forget about the days that you have had off, put them behind you and put it down to a lapse. If you are ready to continue with either SS'ing, or any of the other plans...we will all be here for you.

I have a huge problem with food...I have used it as a crutch to fall back on too many times and my biggest hurdle with SS'ing, is to go without it completely......my motivation now, is my little girl, I need to be healthy for her. I also want to have another Baby, but until I have lost my weight, I cannot even entertain the idea. Hubby and I have discussed this in length and both of us have made the decision to slim before.:sigh:

I apologise if I have waffled, but I just wanted to share my thoughts with you. You stirred a lot of thought up for me - thankyou!

Hey honey, how are you doing?? I don't think you are being self-indulgent. I think you are too hard on yourself - you know that's what I think. You are handling so much, and a blip is just a blip. I hope you managed to get through today and feel more in control :hug99: and whatever you do you know I support you 110%

You can have the Husks they are not absorbed by the body and will not hamper your weight loss.
If it will get you throught the day then have them.....

Good luck SS we are all here for you so keep posting..

thanks for your comments Maggie. I'll bear it in mind about the husks. I really do love them!

How about thinking of things from the other side of the fence

IE you stuck at it well for 8 weeks
You lost nearly every week

Its sometimes takes a lot of effore to see things from the positive side but only you can give you that butt kicking

TIFFERS - you're right, I've stuck it for 8 weeks, just need to carry on and do the same again.

:hug99:

You are definitely not alone on this one Hun and your post is certainly NOT self-indulgent.
I think many of us are going through this at the moment...myself included.
I get through the week SS'ing, without any hiccups at all...the minute the weekend comes along...Bam!! Forget the plan!

I won't patronise you with the .....you can do it stuff, because I truly believe that if you are ready to do something about it all, then one day it will click and off you go!

Forget about the days that you have had off, put them behind you and put it down to a lapse. If you are ready to continue with either SS'ing, or any of the other plans...we will all be here for you.

I have a huge problem with food...I have used it as a crutch to fall back on too many times and my biggest hurdle with SS'ing, is to go without it completely......my motivation now, is my little girl, I need to be healthy for her. I also want to have another Baby, but until I have lost my weight, I cannot even entertain the idea. Hubby and I have discussed this in length and both of us have made the decision to slim before.:sigh:

I apologise if I have waffled, but I just wanted to share my thoughts with you. You stirred a lot of thought up for me - thankyou!

Mrs V - a special thank you to you for your post. I really appreciate all your comments and thoughts. You most certainly haven't waffled!!!!

Hey honey, how are you doing?? I don't think you are being self-indulgent. I think you are too hard on yourself - you know that's what I think. You are handling so much, and a blip is just a blip. I hope you managed to get through today and feel more in control :hug99: and whatever you do you know I support you 110%

DQ - my lovely friend. Well I've just had my last tetra of the day. Tomorrow's another day. Thanks for your support, and kick up the bum :D

My head isn't in the zone but hopefully I'll get there in the end. Hope all is well with you and your cold is getting better :sick:

xxxx

i can see exactly where your coming from regarding being in the right head space.... i know for a FACT i would have cheated by now if my head wasn't in it... i'm guessing that when your there this diet is easy... but when your not it's hell on earth!!

good luck to you, you've done so well it really is mind over matter!!

But damn i need more mind, i've got SOOO MUCH matter!!:giggle:

i can see exactly where your coming from regarding being in the right head space.... i know for a FACT i would have cheated by now if my head wasn't in it... i'm guessing that when your there this diet is easy... but when your not it's hell on earth!!

good luck to you, you've done so well it really is mind over matter!!

But damn i need more mind, i've got SOOO MUCH matter!!:giggle:

lol, can I have some of your 'in the zone headspace' please?????

i wish i could... altho i might be asking for it back in a fortnight!! :D

even going thro the shops at the moment is like torture!! lol

Now then SG, who issued me a challenge recently? Only joking!

Have you thought about trying the 790 plan? It really helps me to have a little meal per day and to be able to space out my tetras and have an enormous hot choc before bed. There is hardly any difference with the weight loss per month and mentally I don't feel deprived doing this. Lots of people have successfully lost loads of weight doing this plan.

And you still lost this week and have done so well up to now. My motivation comes and goes aswell, but I made a commitment with myself at the start that no matter what I wouldn't give up. Aim to get through one hour at a time.....and keep drinking that water. I know you can do it!!:D

Splash, not sure the 790 plan would be for me. I seem to have a problem with food portions and I know I'd never stick to the amounts allowed.

I honestly think I need to get my head back together and get on with it. I can't let you get to goal before me can I!! :D

When we are both at goal I want to see you at DQ's house, both of us looking svelte and slim !!!

Splash, not sure the 790 plan would be for me. I seem to have a problem with food portions and I know I'd never stick to the amounts allowed.

I honestly think I need to get my head back together and get on with it. I can't let you get to goal before me can I!! :D

When we are both at goal I want to see you at DQ's house, both of us looking svelte and slim !!!

Sounds good to me!

How are things going now?

Back