Long Time No Speak - I'm Back :-)

SabreWulfe

From LipoTrim to Cambridg
Hi guys and gals, how is everyone?
Dunno if anyone will remember me but I started LipoTrim last April about a week after Nicki and I rember Dave who was always quite tough when you need it. He was a great inspiration to me after losing so much weight. I hope you've kept it off.

OK so what have I been up to? Well I switched from LT to Cambridge after a couple of weeks due to the greater range of flavours and the fact that you get a counsellor, who did actually help me stay on track a lot.

I started at 14st 7lbs and am now 9st 11lbs, but since xmas (where I allowed myself to eat whatever I wanted for just over a week) I am finding it incredibly difficult to stay on track. Its like starting all over again. I get all the cravings I had to start with and I'm so hungry. I know I only have to do it for 3 or 4 days perfectly and I'll be fine, but getting through those days is soooooo hard now. Maybe it's partly because I'm no longer "fat" I dont have the same motivation that I had to begin with. Has anyone else found that.

My original goal was 9st 7lbs but now I'm almost there I dont thinkit's enough. I would like toget to 8st 7lbs now as I still have quite a bit of weight on my tummy, but how much of that is lose skin I dont know.

Has anyone here lost a lot of weight but had that horrible lose skin - if so what did you do about it, did excercise work or did you have surgery.

Dave - I know you lost an extraordinary amount of weight - what have you done, you must have a lot of lose skin. I look great in clothes, but naked, I'm still not happy and I feel I've got to do something after all this hard work otherwise I've only done half the job.

What do you think.

Seriously, I need your advise (you're always so good at that) and I need your support to get started again. Basically I need a good kick up the bum lol

It's good to be back;)

Welcome back to the forum :)

There have been a fair few Nicki's here but I'll hazard a guess at you meaning either nicki26 or Nictastic? Also not sure who Dave is but if you're after an ass-kickin fattothin (Garry) is your man :)

So are you actually looking to start LT again?

Welcome back to the forum :)

There have been a fair few Nicki's here but I'll hazard a guess at you meaning either nicki26 or Nictastic? Also not sure who Dave is but if you're after an ass-kickin fattothin (Garry) is your man :)

So are you actually looking to start LT again?

OMG my memory is getting so bad - of course it was Gary - yes Fattothin, that was it and nicktastic. Is she still around?
I bet she did really well.
I'm not on LT at the mo as I said I switched from LT to Cambridge but am having real problems since re-starting after the xmas hols, but basically I see them both as more or less the same thing.

I can see you're doing well with a BMI of 25.6 your practically in the normal range now and in such a short space of time.

I guess I should pop over to the Cambridge forum - its just that I started here so I thought I'd pop back and see how everyone was. But it seems most ppl have left.

Take care guys and good luck!
Julesx

Hi Jules, I started in April but didn't join here till May. Nice to hear from you.

Good luck with the restart. I had a dodgy Christmas too and have restarted as well. I'm the same height as you with the same target as your original one which I'm close to now. You must be younger than me coz I can't ever imagine being 8st 7lb!!!! 9st 7lb is a dream for me as it is as I hadn't been this weight since I was a teenager and thought I was big then!

CD or LT you are always welcome here.

x

Hi Jules,

Welcome back and well done on your weight loss to date!

They say you need to give yourself two months for each stone lost for the skin to spring back...

I started back myself last March and I am down 5st. 5lb since then...I have 95lb off since I began my weight loss journey and I have found that my skin goes through stages of looking a little bit lose but then shrinks back...so far so good.

I have just started back at the gym today to tone up the bingo wings and to get a fitness regime in place for coming off TFR...

I am also using Slendertone for upper arms and abs.

If you are finding it difficult to stay on CD move up a step to help you stabilize and then move down a step when you feel confident your head is back into it again.

That is the joy of CD is that it is flexible.

Love Mini xxx

Oh help! 2 months per stone? That means I have 18 months for mine to shrink back - if it ever does!!!!

x

Hi cuddly, Ive just checked out your pics and you look so different, well done. You must be so proud of yourself and I bet you've vowed never, never to put that weight back on - I know I have.

Considering we started around the same time you have lost so much more than me.

As for me being younger - I dont think so - I'm 51 and I guess to most people 9.5st sounds good, but before I put weight on I was always a steady 8 to 8.5 st at 5ft 5ins (actually I think I've shrunk an inch over the years lol) but I just dont like what I see in the mirror. Do you have all that lose skin? Or have you combatted it by excercise or creams.

Hi Mini,

2 months for every stone you lose? Ah, I havnt heard that before. Thats interesting to know. OK that gives me some hope. I was going to get back to the gym when my protein intake goes up - for the muscle and so on. But that deffinately makes me feel better. :)

Yes I could go up a step on CD as it is very flexible, but with me I always feel like I'm failing the more I eat. God knows how I'm going to get up to 1500 kcals lol. I dunno, I guess its a pschological block. I may do that whenver I need a nibble though. Trouble is its always carbs I crave lol

Oh help! 2 months per stone? That means I have 18 months for mine to shrink back - if it ever does!!!!

x

But you've lost so much!! At least it will get better though and maybe with some butter creams and massage with a bit of excercise it will all help, but there is light at the end of the tunnel :)

Hi Mini,

2 months for every stone you lose? Ah, I havnt heard that before. Thats interesting to know. OK that gives me some hope. I was going to get back to the gym when my protein intake goes up - for the muscle and so on. But that deffinately makes me feel better. :)

Yes I could go up a step on CD as it is very flexible, but with me I always feel like I'm failing the more I eat. God knows how I'm going to get up to 1500 kcals lol. I dunno, I guess its a pschological block. I may do that whenver I need a nibble though. Trouble is its always carbs I crave lol

If you are craving have some protein like chicken as it will help ...whereas carbs will make you want more and it is easy then to fall off the wagon.

Cup of skimmed milky coffee is another option and could be just the warm comfort you are seeking if you like milk.

Going up a step in times of crisis is a better option than trowing in the towel.

Your doing well and the last stone always seems to be the most difficult.

Here are two threads on the subject!

http://www.minimins.com/very-low-calorie-diets/3659-last-stone-mission-roll-up-89.html

http://www.minimins.com/strugglers-restarters/7995-last-damn-stone-challenge-6.html

Perhaps it is time for a new last stone challenge thread for 2009!:)

Love Mini xxx

Back