Step 1 Sole Source Long way ahead of me

Marikak

Hi, I am new here and I have along way to go. This is my second time trying Cambridge diet but the first time was bad timing since i was trying to get pregnant. I am very unhappy and I gotta change that. I used to be a model, very thin. Shortly after I turned 25 I started slowly but steadily gaining weight. Last week I doubled my weight. I am determined to do something about it. I have 52 kg to get rid off. Is there anyone else trying to loose similar amount of weight or any beginners? Today is my second day on Cambridge. It is hard but so far no major problems. I had a big problem to drink water, or any liquids. So I've downloaded great app on my phone and I record every glass I drink. It helps a lot. I am drinking 3-4 litters of water. There are moments I am very confident i can do it this time but of course I do have also doubts since there is such a huge amount of weight to loose. I am very impatient :( I need to know it is doable.

Good Luck!
I'm back on CD. Just picked up my packs. Ready to start tomorrow.

Yes it is do-able. I have masses to lose (about 6o kgs 9 or 10 stone - not set my end target yet ) and most of that is ahead of me. It is a great diet and it does work - like you i've done it before. Take it day by day - focus on getting the first week under your belt and then it gets easier. I've just finished week 3 and its so much easier. There are quite a lot of us here with lots to lose - all at different stages - they were all a great help to me when I started - really helped me get through that horrid first week.

Whats the app for drinking water? - I really struggle with that too, don't drink Tea of Coffee so not used to really drinking during the day at all.

Let us know how you get on

Hi there I have 6 stone to lose :-( second time on diet last time lost 5 stone was after my first daughter and this time again after pregnancy. Finding it hard today, day three fore, but after first week hard days get much fewer and mostly you just get in a habit and keep going!

Hate being this big! Will do it again! X

Good luck!!!! Hope you've had successful start!!!! I am on day 3 today. So far so good.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Bessie. You've done very well already! Great job!!!! Congratulations!

WOW! 5 stone loss is perfect! That is great encouragement. I am on day 3 today and so far so good. Yesterday I've had little crisis, feeling hungry and thinking about food all day but today is much better.

Bessie, the app for recording your water intake is Waterlogged.

I'm with u...need to lose 6 at least statted today again....but also started with a tummy bug which might just be my saving grace x

Dont even think about how much u have to loose- after my first weight in i nearly fell of the scaled i hvae 6-7 stone to loose aswell im currently on wk 9 and down 2.5stone never in a million years did i think i could do it something just clicked in my head and im giving it my all.

Frist week and second week are hard but once u get into 3rd week you will be flying from there some days are great some are bad. The food craving will go.

If your finding the shakes hard switch it up theres loads to choose from you will get to know what shakes/soups u like.Im currently doing, 2 soups 1 bar and a small meal.

@hayley77- At least u have a head start your stomach will me empty so maybe give urself a day back to normal and then start cambride hope ur feeling ok pet nothing worse.

Hope everyone is doing well..

Ex

I hope you'll feel better soon Hayley!!! Good luck with the new begining. I'm on day 4. Second day was the worst for some reason. Today I couldn't resist and weighted myself. I lost 6 pounds (3kg) so far. So it does work ;-) I just cannot thing of the huge amount of weight and the long journey ahead of me.

That's great you are on week 9. I just have to stop thinking about how much is ahead of me. That is pretty frustrating. I try to keep busy which pretty easy since I have a one year old ( and a six years old)- so that helps. And I am learning to drink lots of water. I just cannot think of the summer ahead of me and not being able to have fun grilling etc. And vacation- on shakes... Because I know myself. I cannot take a break from the diet. Once I do, I make more and more exceptions and then I am back to my old bad eating habits. So hopefully this time I'll go all the way to the end..

Hello I've just started cambridge diet yesterday and I have approx 100lb to lose so a long long way to go

Good Luck!!! I am just finishing day 5 and so far it is not that hard. Day 2 was the only hard day. I was hungry and thinking about food all day. I am not hungry anymore which is great. I am really learning to drink lots of water and I mean really a lot 3-4 litters a day. The only time it is hard is when I am cooking for my family, but I just know I have to do it this time. So I am trying not to think much about it and just do it.

@marikak Your better off not thinking about whats ahead because its daunting and to be honest if you think like that you wont stick to it.So take each day as it comes some will be good and some will be bad.

You can change up your plan dont just have the shakes you can pick the soups and the bars also, somedays do ss+ when ur having a grill out and just eat the chicken off th grill and at least ur taken part in the eatting and wont feel left out.

Welcome munchkin will this is the first step and theres great support on hear everyone has there on weight issues and amount they want to loose so your not alone.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

E x

Hi i have 7st to lose but im not thinking of the full amount just aiming for a stone at a time because it is rather daunting to know ive got a whole 7st to go!!

im on day 10 and so far only had 1 little slip up (had some bread last night) which i now regret because today my head is banging today lol.

Dont think of the big task ahead just aim for milestone at a time.

Good luck :-D

Lisa x

I had just under 8 stone to lose, have lost around 2 and a half stones so far with CWP and still have a way to go. I'm aiming to stay on this plan until my wedding in July, have a couple of weeks off and then lose the rest of the weight through intermittent fasting as am really missing proper food!
The more you can stay on plan the easier it gets, I had a planned break last weekend and before that I was coping fine without food. However since the break, I have mentally been craving a proper hot meal and thinking about food constantly!
Best of luck with your journey and keep us updated!xx

So today I had my first weigh in. And I have lost 6 kg!!! (13Lb). Of course the first week it's also a lot of water, but still I am very excited. I am not really hungry anymore, it's just the smell of food when I am cooking. But so far so good. I stopped thinking of the long way ahead of me and I am setting smaller goals. The first one is to get under 100Kg!.
I have a question to ask. My consultant says that after 4 weeks I always have to have an extra week when I have to eat some meat and vegetables and after 12 week I have to take a break from the diet? Do you all do that? I am afraid of this. I remember the first time I was on Cambridge, the moment I slipped I fell off the wagon. I need to be strictly on SS. SO I don't know if I should listen to her or do my own thing?!

Great first week - and who cares if its mainly water - it still counts!

Not sure about the 4 weeks thing - the "book" (got a new one now) and my consultant says the most you can stay on SS is 12 weeks and then you have to do a week at step 2 (still on the diet just not sole source). I know it used to be you had to have a food week every 5 weeks but that hasn't been the case for at least the last 2 years. Are you in the UK? if so It would seem your consultant is a bit out of date.

I'm in Czech republic. I am no planing to eat the 5th. I'm afraid of that. The first week was great but now in the second week I haven't lost any weight which is frustrating. Today ( Wednesday) I weight the same as on Monday morning. Don't know why :( Frustrating.

Back