Looking for a buddy for slimming world. Started 2 days ago!!

Takes a while to get used to it Cookie - sounds like you are doing great :). It's an amazing eating plan and everyone on minimins are really helpful as you can see from the girls on this thread :). Keep us posted. Lexi has tempted me with her pancake recipe - going to try them for brekkie too :)

Yeah, definitely add it to your log AS, I haven't done anything this week to put in my body magic log yet! I've decided on just the one bottle of low calorie wine tomorrow night as I've used 13 syns today and 14 yesterday! Really craving chocolate and naughty things tonight!!!! Feeling like I'm about to fall off the wagon! How am I gonna lose this week if I carry on like this!! Think I may give up and go to bed as I've also got really bad toothache :-( sorry for the moan tonight guys!!

Yeah, definitely add it to your log AS, I haven't done anything this week to put in my body magic log yet! I've decided on just the one bottle of low calorie wine tomorrow night as I've used 13 syns today and 14 yesterday! Really craving chocolate and naughty things tonight!!!! Feeling like I'm about to fall off the wagon! How am I gonna lose this week if I carry on like this!! Think I may give up and go to bed as I've also got really bad toothache :-( sorry for the moan tonight guys!!

That's ok Beckyboo, we're all here to support each other I don't know what to recommend for toothache & I don't know any syn free chocolate you could have to satisfy your craving so I'm sending you a hug instead. My bf said to take paracetamol or salt mouth wash in case it's your gums (. ) xx

Thanks cookie, my OH is away sailing this weekend too, so I dont even have him here for a hug lol....but I do get the bed and TV to myself, have cheered up a bit and have taken some co-codamol and come up to bed to watch Eastenders on iPlayer and get some rest. Thanks for your support, hopefully I will wake up in the morning with no cravings and can start again. I have decided that Tues and Weds Im not having more than 5 syns...

Eastenders isn't going to help you relax though is it?!?!

Most definitely :) its the only soap I watch but I'm addicted at the mo

Starting weight - 15st 4lbs

Morning All. Becky I hope the toothache is better. Is it sensitive teeth or do you need to get a check up? Some sensodyne toothpaste may help sensitive teeth - clean and spit and don't rinse with mouthwash at least once a day or rub onto sensitive tooth - this is what my hygienist recommended when I had a problem recently, hope it improves x also read your syns section and flexible syns - you're within limits and it can throw you off plan if you are too strict so if you naturally have lower syns and are ok fine, but if you need them have them x. By the way the rocky road light Hi Fi bars from class are v sweet and only 3 syns each or you can have 2 as a HEX. Some people find chocolate options drink at 2 syns a sachet help too. We watch Eastenders too :) Don't know what the weather is like anywhere else but here down in Cornwall it's windy and wet today - come on summer sort yourself out.

Last edited:
Weather here is bad too big difference from last weekend.i did have a bit of relaxed night last night didn't use any sins all day so don't think I went too much over last night didn't drink and left out the nan bread and pappadoms. Did have some ice cream but with fruit. Back on it today made the pancakes and had with fruit and creme fraiche the batch makes about 8 pancakes all for a b choice and 1 sin or none if you leave out the creme fraiche. Would have posted but don't think I can. Becky oil of cloves is good for toothache if you can get it, it does pong a bit but it works for short term problem.

Weather here is bad too big difference from last weekend.i did have a bit of relaxed night last night didn't use any sins all day so don't think I went too much over last night didn't drink and left out the nan bread and pappadoms. Did have some ice cream but with fruit. Back on it today made the pancakes and had with fruit and creme fraiche the batch makes about 8 pancakes all for a b choice and 1 sin or none if you leave out the creme fraiche. Would have posted but don't think I can. Becky oil of cloves is good for toothache if you can get it, it does pong a bit but it works for short term problem.

Ooo I only made 3 lol Had fresh lemon juice ( squeezed half a lemon) on mine and sweetener sugar granules with a dollop of Total 0% Greek yoghurt which is free so just the HEX Thanks for the recipe Lexi :) sounds like you did a good job with your night out :)

Well done Lexi, thanks everyone for your advice re toothache. I massively screwed up....at 3am I was still wide awake and in so much pain, at this point I just didn't know what to do with myself so I went downstairs opened a new bottle of red wine and drank almost the whole bottle, watched tv and went to bed at 5am and took paracetamol in the hope it would knock it for six, but it didn't have been wide awake for half an hour in pain again :-( I also at 5am got the munchies as the pain was better and because of the wine so ate two medium sized sausage rolls at 130 calories each :-( a Cadbury biscuit at 80 calories and an alpen light bar!! So feeling really guilty now!! :-( I'm still lying in bed but i see sun! X

Have just counted my Syns for my early hours binge I'm hitting 36 ?? and its not even lunchtime

Last edited:
Your lucky you can see the sun Becky it's hiding inhales today big shame as celebrity golf at Celtic manor this weekend looks like being a washout here. I would just put what you has behind you and start afresh. Have you made a dental appointment as being in pain makes it hard to concentrate on anything let alone food. Your pancakes sound lovely aqua may try the lemon and Greek yogurt next time.

I'm feeling really pants about it but I've added it all to my food diary with a note about my tooth ache I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for the pain! I'm def not going to have any wine tonight now at my friends house and salad for tea with chicken :) tomorrow I will just be extra good! Tried to get a dentist appointment but I have to ring back Mon morning or take myself to A and E but I don't deem that appropriate. I've got antibiotics here which I should take if I get a kidney infection (as I'm prone unfortunately) so I started taking them yesterday hoping they would help as its quite obviously a gum infection I think where I hit myself with my toothbrush whilst bushing last week :-( going to have to grin and bear it, but no more wine for me! Thank you for your support ladies :)

Becky. Best just to forgive yourself and draw a line under it - it could have been worse and as Lexi says just start again and move fwd - if you feel guilty it can lead to self-sabotage so be gentle on yourself, it's one gliche and doesn't have to ruin the whole week x Read your syns page :)

I've just bagged three bags of clothes for the cancer research challenge at class - my consultant is taking it in from us all next week as are all our local classes. Didn't feel like it as still a bit fatigued with the virus but it was surprisingly easy to do a quick cull in my work stuff that I am just not going to wear - tastes change so a quick bag up. More to sort though but that's the bags from class filled :) .. Another day lol

Last edited:
Oh bless you Beckyboo, keep smiling Lexi & Aqua's advice sounds spot on to me, please don't let this one glitch ruin your night tonight, enjoy your chicken salad tea, I'm having SW chips & beans as I'm on my lonesome tonight the BF is at his mates watching the FA Cup final, he'll be a happy bunny if city wins. Hope your toothache is better soon xx

So another day in at my sisters and did really good until dinner. Had spaghetti carbonara and an Eton mess cheesecake shared with my mum!! Not beating myself up as went for a 2hr very brisk walk. not getting much time to get onto this and update but will try at least once a day!!

Toothache, still there but definitely improving :-D had a fab evening at my friends party, didnt have my chicken salad for tea in the end as I needed something more substantial to soak up the alcohol from my early hours binge, so i made a syn free chunky chilli, mushrooms, peppers, courgettes, extra lean mince, tin toms, tin kidney beans, beef stock and some chilli powder with rice and it was yummm and stopped me wanting to pick for the rest of the night :) definitely going to draw a line under my binge and start afresh from tomorrow. Have just purchased the 30 day shred exercise dvd and some 1kg dumbells and am going to go for a long brisk walk tomorrow. Well done BMG sounds like your doing really well :)

Hello everyone, I'm starting to get really nervous about my first weigh in tomorrow. When I joined last week I went to the morning meeting at 10am however I'm working in the morning and so I won't weigh until 7pm and I know I'm heavier in the evening so what should I eat in the day beforehand? Xx:confused:

Hi everyone. BMG it sounds like you having a nice few days with family :) enjoy it's what's most important in life and we all need holidays and family time. Becky sounds like bulking up a little was a good plan after the wine and you're sounding really positive so well done. Cookie your weight will vary a little from morning to evening but it's only going to be your lunch that's different. Are you going to be alternating between evening and am classes? You get a lot out of the classes, hand in your diet sheet and your consultant can check it so if there is anything amiss she can let you know or you can ring her to make sure it's all ok - she may even s an it at class if you are worried - just do the plan as usual tomorrow. That way whatever the scales say as long as you know you are on track the rewards will come - relax :)

Back