Looking for a buddy for slimming world. Started 2 days ago!!

Sorry Aqua, I've not answered your question. I've not tried any SW products yet are they really good? I was frightened I might just gorge on them but then at 3 syns there less than the two Oreo cookies I normally have at 5 syns. I think I'll get some at my meeting on Monday as you recommend them. How are you feeling today? X

Much better today thanks Cookie :). Welcome Tasha :).

The Hi Fi bars are nice my hubby likes them too, his favs are the light rocky roads. Bought the cherry bake well ones too, more for hubby as I don't usually like that but they're nice too but those are 6 syns or one for a HE. So engines I have plain yoghurt and mixed forest fruit with 1 tbsp of homey or brekkie then have a hi fu bar later. I hide them from the kids though lol

Hi everyone
I have read your thread and sounds like you are all similar to me in what you want to achieve. Would like to contribute please? I have done SW before, I usually get to loose 7 lb then give up. I would love to loose 2 stones but 1 would be great and to keep it off so will see how I go. I started last Friday and intend to try on my own without class but if I need to I will go. This time I have more time to cook as I am working from home now. Made some hummus tonight which was yummy, so there's a start!

Hi all, had my weigh in tonight and gained half pound, can't really moan two meals out this week and a weakness for a larger piece of chocolate than normal on Sunday. That's it now knuckling down this week going to try to stay under 10 Sins a day, my leader says that s/w give you 15 and that's what you can use per day. I'm going to up the veg intake and have slightly larger free meals. Cookie how did you befriend the girls and ben as I would also like to do that so we can all stay in touch. Hi Tasha and Geordie you will get some great support and ideas from here. Had Spag Bol tonight out of the s/w mosaics book it was lovely and all free.

Hi Geordie welcome :). Lexi now on friend list :). The half pound will soon disappear - good to have the classes as they are a laugh and help draw a line. Which is the mosaics book? Did the lemon chicken tonight from the Asia cookbook - strong lemon taste - hubby and I liked it, daughter wasn't so keen as she's not so keen on strong lemon. I'd do for us again though. Sorted out the shopping list again for next week - helps if I plan the week's menu for shopping and with working. Class tomorrow night - monthly due though so not sure how well I'll do but if it's not showing tomorrow I should get a good loss next week so whatever is fine as my halo is shining and I've not been modelling it as an ankle bracelet this week lol

I quite fancy the lemon chicken but my hubby wouldn't like it I don't think. I still may try it with less lemon that states in the book, picked mine up tonight. There is also a new little lunch menu book coming out next week looks good, had a preview of it tonight. I also use to put weight on at time of month but don't really have them anymore but I know what you mean as the week after I always use to lose weight.

Hi everyone, just back in from a girls tea out. Welcome Geordieweightlossgirl, we'll all help each other out, everyone is brilliant. Hi Lexibell, I think half a pound on is really good considering what you've had going on last week but you'll lose that next week so no worries at all. I average around 10 syns a day too. Well I've been out for my first meal since SW & it was difficult I knew what I wanted to eat but instead I went for the grilled salmon with large salad it came with chips so I asked for new potatoes but they didn't have it so I had it with a small portion of mash potato.

It was really nice but can you believe the girls all ordered 3 course meals, I just sat there with my main course I didn't even taste their puddings, I'm going to have my Oreo now instead & need to work out syns for mash xx

Hello ladies, welcome TashaIreland and Geordieweightlossgirl. Sorry Ive not posted today, I went to my colleagues funeral, Im sure you have all read about it in the paper, very emotional and testing day. Had dinner out with one of my best friends who I have not seen in a while, had a BBQ chicken wrap with salad and grilled chicken skewers so need to syn the tortilla and the bbq sauce. Didnt have starter or dessert but did have 3 cups of coffee but I did use my HE milk which I had saved all day and sweetner as usual. Think Im looking at a gain at weigh in, in the morning. Have done my food diary to take in but think the whole bottle of full fat wine and not really compensating for it the rest of the week plus tonights meal is going to go against me. Its been a really hard week what with severe toothache, stripping my stomach lining with too many NSAIDS (ibuprofen) so horrible gastric pain and now on meds for that. Im also awaiting my monthly, plus work still wont let me go back :-( and then funeral today, I know its no excuse but have also been bad and not done any exercise. 30 day shred dvd came today and have dug out my running clothes so need to get some confidence to start that tomorrow. And Fri morning Im going to do 'hydrofit' with my friend which is deep water aqua aerobics. Have to be careful not to overdo it because of my knee but also think some exercise will help prepare me for going back to work as it can be quite manual sometimes. Well done Lexi, 1/2lb really is not that bad at all and you will defo make up for it, dread to think what mine will be tomorrow. Good luck Aqua will be thinking of you. ooo Im also going to get some of the hi-fi bars tomorrow :-D x

Hey, getting into this cooking lark, busy cooking curry made with pataks curry paste. Seems to be 4 syns per tablespoon everything else free. Having 3 popadoms 6 syns and mango chutney 1 syn (not having much) and onion and tomato salad with coriander, yum. First WI tomorrow, see how I go it took all weekend to get my head round stuff again and I had too much wine!

Evening, WI today and only lost 1/2lb but actually Im really pleased because I thought after my bad week that I would have gained and I didnt. I bought the extra easy cookbook :-D and some rocky road hi-fi bars and they are yum and not expensive either!! Much nicer than an alpen light :-D tonight I made a chicken curry from the slimming world online recipes, It was really yummy and free, and even OH loved it, however next time need to thicken it before adding the natural yoghurt as it was a bit runny, I added a few teaspoons of granulated sweetner too. I will definitely make it again! Today I bought some digital scales :) and some davina 1kg dumbells for use with my 30day shred dvd. Ate about 6 and due to my whole day being messed up due to a flat car tyre im going to go for a jog at 8.30 (hopefully dinner will have settled by then)...going to try the pancakes in the morning, definitely going to stay on track this week. Oh and going to hydrofit (deep water aerobics) in the morning too :-D. Hope you have all had a nice day (sunshine here) xx :)

Hi all had a good day today, made my meals a bit bigger as my consultant suggested and I haven't eaten between my meals at all not even fruit. I'm off to the gym in the morning it's a 20 20 20 class, it's a hard class but I enjoy it. Well done Becky I would be happy with a half pound loss every week. I've got the 60 second promise DVD which I'm going to try on Sunday. Going to relax now as had a busy day today.

Well done Becky and welcome to Tash and Geordie girl. Sory Becky to hear of your friends funeral I'm not aware of what happened there. Back from visiting my sister's and was travelling for 13hrs. Drove up the M6 and that was a nightmare with all the spray form the lorries! Totally went over my syns yesterday but today I'm back on track. Also today was measurement day...(for those who don't know I measured my self with a tape measure the morning after I joined sw and the results are...drumroll....3.5" off my waist, 2.5" off each thigh, 1" off each bicep, 3" off my hips, 1.5" off my bust and zilch off my calves! I am delighted and definitely think it was combination of sw and exercise. For the first 3 weeks I did 3 circuit type sessions and a few 1hr walks and last week only got doing a 2hr walk. So back into action tomorrow with the exercise! Lexi and Aqua I got your friends requests. I'm using the computer at the minute but friend requests don't come up on my mobile. Lexi, well done on only gaining a half, you know you can get back on track and the 60second promise dvd is excellent! I did the sweet and sour chicken from the Asia cook book this evening and it was lovely, would definitely recommend it. Cookie, I think it will get easier going out and choosing a healthy meal!! Well done aqua on the weight loss!! So Becky are you up for starting the 30day shred on Monday?? Anybody else like to join us???

Hi everyone, sounds like we've all had a long day.
Well done Beckyboo and Aqua on your losses this week, it's onwards and downwards with the weight and worth celebrating. Lexibell half on isn't bad and it'll be off next week. BallyMG glad you got home safely some trip that 13hrs but really impressive measurements, I too did mine the day I joined SW so I'll do mine in a couple of weeks.
Geordie, your curry sounds nice and low syns for a tasty dish good luck at class tomorrow.
My lamb tagine stew was lovely the BF loved it he had his with peshwari naan but I had a slice of bread from my Hex b but we have shared a twirl so I think it puts me at 13 syns today.

Beckyboo I'm sorry about your loss, hope you'll be ok. I've haven't got the 30 day shred DVD to join in with you & BallyMG otherwise I'd have given it a go. Let me know how you find it & Lexibell let me know how your DVD goes too. Xx

Hello, so I downloaded the 'Couch to 50k' app on my Iphone today and started day 1 which is a 25minute work out, consisting of a 5minute warm up, 1min Jog, 1.5min walk and reapeat the process till you have completed 15mins, but the app tells you over your music when you should change, it did very almost kill me, my heart was racing and I felt like I couldnt get any air but felt so good after I completed it, there is also a 5minute warm down after, they advise you to do this 3 times a week until you can do it with ease then move onto level 2. Its nice to have something to help and prompt me. I then came home and decided to have a look at my new 30day shred dvd, I put it on and started doing some of the workout, abs and arms I managed fine but really struggled with legs because I had quite a bit of pain in my knee :( but did do some as I need to strengthen it. Its definitely not easy though but certainly appears like it would work. Im off to shower and eat some melon (super speedy weight loss, yes please) and a decaf cuppa before bed, think I will sleep well tonight. Keep it up ladies your all doing really well.
BTW cookie 30 day shred DVD only £4 online with tesco and free delivery. BMG not sure if you have any weights but I bought 1kg Davina Mcall ones from Argos for £5.99 for a pair. :) xx

Back