Looking for a pregnancy buddy!

morning ladies :) have decided to right last week off food wise I went overboard big time but looking forward to a much healthier week.Out sat night for hubbys xmas meal so will be having something off plan then but going to try & stick to plan during the week fingers crossed :).Good luck at your scan tomorrow Jenn hope you get some lovely pics of little one xx

Morning :)

Good luck for a fresh, healthy new week Tamkat- we all have blips now and again, nothing to worry about, just get back on the SW horse and keep going xx

i had a busy weekend, lunch with my bestie, Xmas shopping, little get together with my sisters and our kids to see Xmas lights switch on, 'twas a lovely weekend!!

Have to have a super healthy week myself to make up for the mince pies and extra treats we all had! I too am out with OH for dinner and cinema on Saturday night.

today I'm off to body pump first thing.
food wise I'm having some yoghurt and raspberries first thing, then ryvita with tuna mayo for lunch, and egg, chips and beans for dinner. Lots of fruit as snacks.

Good luck with your scan Jenn xxx

mince pies are my fave missy,haven't touched one yet as know I wont stop lol.had jam roly-poly & custard for pudding yest tho & had really twitchy restless legs all evening :(so just goes to show sugary stuff just adds pregnancy symptoms I could def do without, was really yummy tho haha xx

Ive ordered our xmas food shop to be delivered on 23rd Dec, that way there will no chocolate/treats/mince pies hanging around begging to be eaten lol

We are at my sisters for Christmas day, and she does SW too so going to try and keep some of the food SW friendly, but I WILL be having Christmas pudding with double cream, and a glass of champers with my lunch!

Hoping to have STS or maybe lost a pound this week, will weigh in Friday or Saturday morn, ideally don't want to gain any first trimester - do you think this is possible?xx

def possible :) you are doing really well & good idea on the xmas shop.I wont be watching what I eat over xmas just hope I don't gain too much these 3 weeks leading up to it lol xx

Hello everyone, hope you don't mind me joining in. After TTC for over 3 years, I found out I was pregnant last week and from my rough calculations, I am around 5 weeks...so due early August. It's still early days and I'm sure the sickness will kick in soon BUT I'm determined not to gain weight through pregnancy and hopefully have some losses along the way, especially as I have a high BMI.

I don't go to class so does anyone have any tips? I usually aim for around 10 syns a day, should I now up that to the full 15? And I think I read somewhere than you get extra HEs...is that just for when breastfeeding?

Also any other tips and advice would be greatly appreciated as this is my first!

glad you joined us :) I normally have 2 each hex as do green so not sure about ee think it might just be for breast feeding but someone might know for sure.I have the full 15 syns sometimes more your body is working overtime making little one & your metabolism speeds up by 25% when pregnant apparently so might as well enjoy all syns :) :)

That's great advice, thank you. I will start having all my syns then as I'm sure the sickness will kick in soon enough! How far along are you tamkat? I need to read the full thread don't I! I'm feeling pretty tired after having random insomnia the past few nights.

Hi Daisy - big congrats!!
i do mainly red days so just have the usual 2 of each hex's, I keep my syns around 10 at the mo but I do workout 5 times a week so I don't worry too much if I go over this. You don't actually need any more calories at this stage, I fell into that trap with my last 2 pregnancies and put on over 4 stone with each.
that will not be happening this time lol, I need to keep weight gain down as our wedding is planned for 9 months after baby is due.
my advice would be to stay sensible, and be as healthy as you can for this much longed for bubba xx

Morning Ladies!

Glad that my insomnia seems to have stopped, I was waking up at 4am each morning and couldn't get back to sleep, but the last 2 morning I've slept in until gone 7!
Havent got much planned today, spin class first thing, then back home for housework etc
food for today - coffee and banana, egg mayo with ryvitas and salad, roast pork with roast pots/veg/gravy lots of fruit, will be spending my syns on quavers, ovaltine and maybe some cereal.

have a great day xxx

Hiya ladies, am I ok to join in with you?

I'm 10 weeks pregnant on Thursday. I've actually completed my family (one step son and two sons) but I am a surrogate for my sister and brother in law who are unable to have children themselves. Due date is 2nd July however as I ended up with c-sections with my boys it will likely be a c-section around 39 weeks so probably end of June.

At my heaviest I was 17st 10lb but managed to get down to around 15st. Before getting pregnant I'd gained some more back and was at 15.7 but have been slowly creeping towards 16 stone again :cry: I've been feeling so sick all the time and so tired I've just been eating quick stodgy carbs and junk and needing to eat pretty much every hour otherwise I felt sick :(

The sickness and tiredness do seem to be easing a little bit so I need to start eating healthier so I don't end up bigger than ever before! I've stocked up on muller lights and am going to Aldi at lunch time to stock up on fruit so I can use these as my snacks and am going to try and find some quick and easy meals for lunch and tea.

wow blueboxgeek what an amazing thing to be doing for your sister :) Hopefully the sickness is on its way out & you can eat healthier it really is the hardest time, so easy to grab anything stodgy to stop you feeling sick/weak!! will your sister & husband be going along to scans & apt then? x

Wow Bluebox, what an incredible thing to do. Congratulations to you all.

I had an appointment with my GP today, she was pretty pants really but has prescribed the a higher dose of folic acid and referred me to the midwife who will apparently be in touch. Hopefully I get the information about the appointment before Xmas...I'm getting pretty impatient and only found out last Thursday!

So far I've not had much nausea so I'm trying to stick to plan.

Hi Tamkat, thank you! Yes they will be coming along. Well my sister will be with me for all my midwife appointments (only had the booking in one at the moment) and they will both be there for the scans. We've got our first scan on Christmas eve!!! Just hoping that everything is ok. It's been a really long journey, they tried for years before discovering that my sister was going through early menopause (at 35!). They were recommended to start IVF straight away and they did get pregnant but unfortunately she miscarried. The consultant told her that because she was going through the menopause her eggs were effectively the same quality as someone a lot older than she actually was and her best bet was an egg donor.

There is quite a wait for egg donors on the NHS and as time was against them I offered to donate my eggs (our family is complete and hubby had the snip around a year ago so I felt comfortable with this). Unfortunately that was unsuccessful too.

My sister then had a few health problems and was diagnosed with Lupus. This can increase the chance of miscarriage and we were all worried that we would go through another round of IVF and she would be devastated if she miscarried again. So after long discussions (and counselling) we opted for the surrogacy route with me using my own eggs. We were very lucky that I got pregnant at the first try of artificial insemination!!

It's all just starting to feel real now that we have midwife appointments and scans coming up. It all felt a little surreal until then!!

We haven't told either our parents or brother in laws parents yet. It's been such an emotional roller coaster for all the family that we want to make sure everything is ok before we tell them. Assuming all is well at the scan on Christmas eve they will be wrapping up the scan photos in a frame to give to the parents as present.

I feel really lucky to be able to help them like this. I know it won't be easy for me, but they deserve this so much. They will be amazing parents, they are amazing aunt / uncle to my kids and can't wait to see them with a child of their own.

Sorry for rambling on but as we haven't told many people I don't have any folk to talk about this to LOL. Plus I know that surrogacy isn't all that common (especially straight surrogacy where surro mum uses own egg like in our case) so just thought I'd give you the history, hope I haven't bored you to sleep LOL xx

Hi Daisy, how far along are you?

I made an appointment with my GP when I was pregnant with my first and they practically said "why are you seeing a doctor you need to see a midwife" (like duh! it was my first, how was I supposed to know!). Once you get your booking in appointment with your midwife they spend a lot more time with you, going through all the information you need, all your medical history etc. Hope you manage to stay sickness free!

gosh not boring at all I find it really fascinating & would def consider doing it for my sister or a close friend that couldn't have children of their own xx must be very difficult not to let it slip to parents etc..My husband had the snip in may this year & I got pregnant the following month lol I thought we were done with 3 but baby 4 had other ideas & actually feel very lucky to be having one more :) :) Christmas eve is going to be a very special/magical day to your family :) xx

It has been quite difficult as both me and my sister are very close to my mum. We all went to a knitting and stitching show a couple of weeks back and I was feeling terrible! My sister was all concerned for me and trying to slip me rich tea biscuits and my mum was like "lets make the most of you not having the boys with you and all go to pizza hut" haha x

I am truly stunned by what you're doing Bluebox, how you speak about your family makes me smile. It certainly isn't boring but I bet you cannot wait to finally let it slip.

I'm only 5 weeks along so it's very early days. I've just had a call from the GP who told me she couldn't speak to the midwife as she is busy but I can make an appointment if I ring her myself. I'm absolutely baffled. Hopefully the sickness stays away but I reckon it will come along in a week or 2...or just in time for Christmas haha. Thanks for your advice though, I found out more from you than from the GP!

so lovely to hear from all you pregnant ladies its been pretty quiet on here! Really hope everything is ok Jenn? xx

off to see the midwife at 12 today to get renal blood tests done so that the hospital has the results in time for growth scan on 12th December.Have pkd but it didn't seem to cause any problems in the last pregnancy so not expecting it will now.Never got a call about the glucose test so guessing that I don't have gestational diabetes :) 28 weeks on sat & can still do up my skinny jeans, ok so they are a size 16 but this is a really big achievement for me :) xx

Back