Looking for a pregnancy buddy!

Hi ladies, hope you wouldn't mind another in the group. After 8 years of trying we're finally 12 weeks 5 days along after the first round of IVF. Was really nauseous up until this week and had to keep munching to not be sick so between that and the medication I've been taking (finished it all Saturday yey!!!) I've put back on 7lbs but my midwife said she wasn't too worried as the injections might be causing swelling and fluid retention.

Anyway had a scan done at 8 weeks and heard the heartbeat it was so exciting, my first hospital appointment is the 19th of Dec so can't wait to get in and see that everything is ok. Our due date is the 14th June so I don't want to gain a lot of weight, at my heaviest I was 16.5st I lost 1.5st on my own for my wedding but was 15st joining SW last december so hopefully now I can eat again I can get back on track.

Sorry for the essay :p hope everyone is keeping well during this freezing cold weather xx

Congratulations Monkey! What fantastic news after what I'm sure was 8 long and hellish years of TTC. Hopefully now you're off the meds, the swelling and your weight will go down.

When your sickness kick in? I'm 5+3 and so far I've not had any nausea but I'm expecting it to hit soon.

Welcome and congratulations Monkey! What fabby news after 8 years x

Daisy my sickness kicked in between 7-8 weeks, was just nauseous this time, with previous pregnancies i was sick and with my last pregnancy I was in hospital twice x

Thanks girls, it's been a long road but so delighted to be here now. I started feeling sick around 6 weeks, again just nauseous all day long, I think I only spent 2-3 days actually getting sick throughout the whole time of feeling sick. Still get a touch even now but can't always be sure it's not just hunger lol.

Morning Girls!

Welcome Monkeytheory - so pleased for you xx

Had a lovely lie in this morn a MIL had kids for us, much needed as OH gets up so early in the week - between 4 and 4.30, so to stay in bed until 8.15 was bliss!! Went down and filled in forms at docs yesterday, due date 30th July, and now have to phone midwife to arranged 1st appt.

Im just over 6 weeks, no sign of any nausea yet, I wasn't sick at all with both previous pregnancies, but did suffer from nausea and ate far too many cheddars (sometimes a packet a day!) this time it will be ryvitas or alpen lights, have also got in some packets of microwave brown rice as thought these might be good for something quick xx

Thank s Missyy, it's so nice to be able to lie in even just an hour makes such a difference. Today is my official first day of feeling back to myself so I want to start eating right from this week, I never thought of brown microwave rice, I do a course during the week and struggle for ideas for lunch that would be perfect :)

Morning Ladies!!

Its been v quiet on here, hope everyone is ok and had a good weekend?

Im still feeling 'normal' apart from the tiredness which hit me like a train yesterday. Feel fine today though, so going to get some housework done and start wrapping presents later.

Today: coffee and alpen light - followed by 1 hour body pump
Just got back and had another coffee plus Weetabix crunchy bran with sliced banana. lunch is eggs and bacon on wm toast, and dinner is cheesy topped cottage pie with veg, snacks will be fruit, yoghurt and a treat size bag of buttons. I have found im having to up my hex b's to 2-3 per day to keep energy up, but because of this my syns are a lot lower as I want proper food and not treats. Im sure it will all balance out in the end xx

Hi Missy food sounds lovely today :) I only managed 3 days on plan last week,must try harder lol planning to stay on plan until xmas eve now as want a week off plan over xmas so will see how that goes, only 17 days surely I can stick to that? My 18 month old has been trying my patience the last few days :/ terrible twos come early I think & im worrying how I will cope with another little one.Will try not to think too much about that for the moment haha im sure it will all be fine xx

Hi everyone.

I'm exhausted today. Couldn't sleep last night til about 4am, was up with DH at 7. I managed to sleep from 8-10 but I'm so tired I could cry. I have tonnes of stuff to be getting on with but I just have no motivation.

Felt a bit sick this morning but it was possibly in my head! I'm finding it hard right now to stick to SW...what do you have for lunches/dinners?

How is everyone? x

I have lots of soup,poached eggs,salad although not so great in this weather lol mushy pea curry,quorn burger in a wholemeal roll with cheese hex a, sw chips,beans,mushrooms is a favourite meal of mine, very filling & satisfying :) Don't be too hard on yourself if you are finding it hard to stick to plan maybe try & have 2 meals on plan a day which is better than nothing :) x

Bacon sandwiches are one of my lunchtime favs, or eggy bread with bacon!! This time of year it has to be warm. If you want something plain they have a jacket with cheese, or SW chips with beans? I also make egg fried rice using the microwave pouches - just chuck in a pan with beaten egg and soy sauce, add mushrooms onions etc. Plenty of easy options xx

All this food sounds fab, unfortunately I've been completely turned off eggs which I was really enjoying during sw. Lots of good ideas though, may try to plan a few meals for the week this evening :)

Thanks for all the lunch/dinner ideas. I feel like I've got into a bit of a rut but there's some good ideas here. I always meal plan for dinners but I think I should start doing it for lunch too.

Morning ladies!! Well I have decided I need the responsilility of a weekly weight in to keep me in line so I am going back to re-join my local class tonight.

Sickness and tiredness is starting to ease a little now (almost 11 weeks) so I feel like I can actually follow the plan and not just just pick all day long at stodgy carbs because they are the only thing stopping me feeling sick lol x

Hey blueboxgeek - totally agree with you on the weekly weigh in, its so easy to let it slip and I know how rubbish it feels to have a newborn plus a lot of weight to lose so well done on starting afresh.

I woke up at 5am feeling sick, but just propped myself up on another 2 pillows and fell asleep again until 7.40!

So far I have had a coffee and Weetabix crunchy bran with milk and banana. Lunch will be eggy bread with bacon, dinner will be steak, homemade chips, stuffed mushrooms and peas with stilton sauce. Fruit, yoghurt, quavers and treat size buttons for snacks.

Already done 45 min spin class so can get on with present wrapping in a bit xx

Good on you bluebox did you get consent from the midwife? Really looking forward to the growth scan on fri as feel like the last scan I didn't really look at him or appreciate him properly as was so shocked it was another boy! Its absolutely freezing here today so already had my lunch at 11.30 lol.eldest son has a choir performance tonight so will be up later than normal so might have half my dinner before we go & half when we get back so I don't reach for the mince pies & cream x

Missy that food sounds very yummy today!

Tamkat I mentioned to my midwife at my booking in appointment that I'd previously done slimming world and was considering joining again and she was all up for it. She said I definitely shouldn't aim to lose any weight but she did say that by following something like slimming world it will help me not gain un-neccesery weight and that I might lose weight anyway in the earlier weeks due to healthy eating and having a slightly increased metabolism due to pregnancy. I'd be happy to just not be the size of a house by the time I give birth LOL.

I think I might need a form from my consultant tonight for my midwife to sign but sounds like it won't be a problem getting her to sign it.

We have 6 mince pies in the house, have told hubby he has to have one every night until they are gone lol.

What is it with mince pies?? MIL bought 18 the other day and tried pushing them onto me, when that didn't work she then bought 8 puff pastry ones and tried to get me to take them home lol. I wouldn't mind but she is tiny and doesn't eat half the stuff she tries to push onto other people!!x

haha Missy that made me giggle :) Ive come to realise that xmas is going to much more enjoyable if I can just stick to plan up until xmas eve then dig in to all the lovely things,would be so easy to just give in but keep reminding myself that half a stone or even a stone could quite easily be gained just from the build up to xmas!! x

Back