Looking for a pregnancy buddy!

Congratulations Pregnant. I understand the feeling of not wanting to announce your pregnancy straight away. I was the same as you, losing weight to get pregnant and surprisingly I got my BFP much much sooner than expected. You've done fantastically to lose almost 6 stone, well done! Is this your first baby?

Congratulations Pregnant. I understand the feeling of not wanting to announce your pregnancy straight away. I was the same as you, losing weight to get pregnant and surprisingly I got my BFP much much sooner than expected. You've done fantastically to lose almost 6 stone, well done! Is this your first baby?

Thank you :) yes it'll be my first baby God Willing so it's super exciting. It's my 3rd day of knowing I'm pregnant lol

We only started trying a couple of months ago. I didn't think I would fall pregnant this quickly.. Hehe

we need to decide on a hospital now. I called the doctors surgery and they said you don't go to see the doctor first with them- you choose a hospital and call them to assign you to a midwife.

What things should I be looking for when choosing a hospital? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated x

Morning Ladies

Hope everyone is feeling good today?

Just updating my food for the day - it helps me to put it on here as if its written down I stick to it lol

First thing: Coffee and alpen light (3 syns)

Exercise: 3.2 mile walk

Brekkie: Oatso simple golden syrup (hex b+ hex a) with raspberries and blueberries (2.5 syns) - I know the golden syrup one isn't a proper hex b but im counting it as one for today! Coffee

Lunch: Ham, cheese (hex a) & mushroom omelette with salad & salad cream (2 syns)

Dinner: Chicken with peppers, mushroom & onion in fajita seasoning(need to check syns) salad and either rice or sw chips.

Snacks: Fruit, yoghurt, jelly

Really looking forward to my scan next week - the hospital in right next to Mothercare so hoping I can twist OH's arm and get a few little bits whilst we are there :) x

It's really quiet on here - where is everyone lol

So, here's my 20 week bump, I actually feel like I'm growing the baby in my backside, as it's a lot bigger than it used to be!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    605.1 KB · Views: 53
And here's my food for the day:

brekkie: all bran choc wheats with milk (hex a&b), coffee, 2 activia yogs

snack: apple

lunch: boots shapers salmon & prawn sushi salad (2.5), shapers popcorn (4.5) treat size malteasers (5)

snack: 2 ryvitas (hex b), cheese (hex a), ham, grapes & tomatos

Dinner: steak, noodles, veg, ginger, chilli & garlic

have a good day xx

wow Missy would never think you were 20 weeks pregnant you look amazing must be all the exercise you do :) x

Aww thanks Tamkat, that means a lot:D I have put on 14lbs at 20 weeks, I'm hoping for no more than 2st in total but I know it may be slightly more as my babies are extra large ones!

Had a bit of a blip last night, ended up at docs with DD1, didn't get out until 5.30 so ended up taking the girls to KFC - I don't really like KFC but ended up with a wrap and fries - didn't enjoy it but was hungry. Anyway, back on it today.

brekkie: fruit & yoghurt, coffee

1 hour body pump

snack: Alpen light (3), Apple, coffee

lunch: boiled eggs, El Mayo (2), ryvitas (hex b), salad

dinner: steak, SW chips, garlic mushrooms, sweetcorn, salad, blue cheese sauce (hex a + 3)

snacks: yoghurt, strawberries, jelly (0.5), quavers (4.5)

have be a good day all xx

Morning Missy how are you? What day is your scan?

I'm ok, the weeks are flying in just now! I've not braved the scales and think I will just remain in denial about it all! I don't think I'm doing to bad tho!

How's everyone else doing? Xx

Hello lovelies...how was your weekend?

Missy you look wonderful! You're an inspiration...just reading your workouts makes me want to go have a nap!

Jen I've not braved the scales for ages either. How far along are you now?

I'm struggling to stay on plan as my energy just seems none existent. I will start writing my food diary on here tomorrow so you can all keep me in check :)

Yay - glad you are all still around!

I have my scan and meeting with consultant on Thursday morn - will post up a pic when I'm home.

Daisy - definitely post up your food diary, I will post mine too - I do find that I feel better when I eat better - even if I have to have an extra hexa or hexb to get me through!xx

:( I've seen a little bit of brown spotting today. I'm 5 weeks ish.. Spoke to a midwife online (c&g website) and she said as long as I don't have any stomach cramping or pain (which I don't) and it doesn't last more than 2-3 days it should be fine. It's my first pregnancy and I'm so scared :(

:( I've seen a little bit of brown spotting today. I'm 5 weeks ish.. Spoke to a midwife online (c&g website) and she said as long as I don't have any stomach cramping or pain (which I don't) and it doesn't last more than 2-3 days it should be fine. It's my first pregnancy and I'm so scared :(

Hi hun x

I know it's easier said than done but please try not to worry. Spotting and even bleeding in pregnancy is normal, it's bleeding with pain that you have to watch out for. With my daughter, I bled at 4-5 weeks, 7 weeks and 15 weeks (quite considerably) - at 7 weeks I was diagnosed with a cervical ectropion/erosion which was causing the bleeding (that too is perfectly normal, it was due to excess estrogen!) My daughter turned 1 a week ago today. :)

I'm now 25+4 with my son and I bled a little at about 7-8 weeks, and again all was ok.

Please try not to panic, I'm sure some of the others can tell you bleeding can be normal. If you do develop heavier bleeding, or have pains then it's best to go to your Early Pregnancy Unit to be checked, even then it could still just be a "normal" side effect of pregnancy. You'll get cramping from time to time, particularly in the early weeks where everything is stretching.

Big hugs xxxxx

Missy - I will start posting my food diary tomorrow, you can keep tabs on me. I don't think I'm anaemic as my blood results from booking in were fine but I guess that could have changed.

Pregnant - can't imagine how worried you are about spotting. I don't have any experience but I trawled through pregnancy forums at the start and it did seem to be a very common thing, not that it makes it any less worrying. I echo Princess, if anything changes contact the EPU.

Hi hun x I know it's easier said than done but please try not to worry. Spotting and even bleeding in pregnancy is normal, it's bleeding with pain that you have to watch out for. With my daughter, I bled at 4-5 weeks, 7 weeks and 15 weeks (quite considerably) - at 7 weeks I was diagnosed with a cervical ectropion/erosion which was causing the bleeding (that too is perfectly normal, it was due to excess estrogen!) My daughter turned 1 a week ago today. :) I'm now 25+4 with my son and I bled a little at about 7-8 weeks, and again all was ok. Please try not to panic, I'm sure some of the others can tell you bleeding can be normal. If you do develop heavier bleeding, or have pains then it's best to go to your Early Pregnancy Unit to be checked, even then it could still just be a "normal" side effect of pregnancy. You'll get cramping from time to time, particularly in the early weeks where everything is stretching. Big hugs xxxxx
Hi, I would agree, it's normal. I would only worry if it was fresh, red blood. Xx
Missy - I will start posting my food diary tomorrow, you can keep tabs on me. I don't think I'm anaemic as my blood results from booking in were fine but I guess that could have changed. Pregnant - can't imagine how worried you are about spotting. I don't have any experience but I trawled through pregnancy forums at the start and it did seem to be a very common thing, not that it makes it any less worrying. I echo Princess, if anything changes contact the EPU.

Thank you all.. So so much for your responses. You have no idea how much you have put me at ease.

I don't have any cramping. Thankfully hat went after the first few days of finding out I was pregnant. I've been to the bathroom again and no blood so will keep an eye on it. I'm going to my mums on Wednesday to refrain from doing anything because I end up doing a lot of housework (I'm at home alone during the day) she's a 4 hour drive so my sister is picking me up. I need family around me and even though I feel so much guilt for leaving my husband alone.. I want to be ok. I have a wonderful husband who completely understands which really helps. He said he will come on the weekend to see me so it's reassured me.

I had bleeding at 10 weeks & 5 weeks in 2 of my pregnancies so try not to worry I know how hard it is & how frightening it is :( xx I did get scanned both times just to see what was happening sending you hugs xx

Morning Girls

Beautiful day here in sunny Devon! The downside of living so close to the sea is the blimmin seagulls - as soon as its light they are running up and down our roof - I will be investing in some ear plugs this year as I wont be wanting a 4am wake up call when im about to pop in the summer!!

Waiting for my food shopping to come so will update food diary when it does as I cant remember what ive ordered lol xx

I had bleeding at 10 weeks & 5 weeks in 2 of my pregnancies so try not to worry I know how hard it is & how frightening it is :( xx I did get scanned both times just to see what was happening sending you hugs xx

Thank you. I havent had any bleeding after that but if I do I'll definitely see someone.

Missy, sounds lovely about Devon...well minus the seagulls. I'm well inland and was woken up by blooming wood pigeons cooing! I'm looking forward to seeing your diary. Mine is far too bread based but here goes:

Breakfast: Toast with cheese (HEs), apple.
Lunch: Egg mayo sandwich (HEB + 2), banana.
Dinner: Spag bol (with lots of veg) (3) topped with cheese (HEA)
Snacks: Walkers squares (5), aero biscuit (5)

Pregnant, glad to hear you're looking after yourself and you family is being supportive.

Back