Looking for a pregnancy buddy!

Finally got my food shopping!!!

Todays plan:

Brekkie: Activia yoghurt & 4 raspberries - this was before food shopping came lol, coffee

45 min spin class, snack - chicken, coffee

Lunch: prawn and noodle salad with dressing (2), 3 ryvita (hex b) low fat cottage cheese, tomatoes, mango

snack: grapes and skips (4)

Dinner: Chicken in spicy marinade with peppers and onions, wholemeal pitta(hex b), salad and tzatziki (2), more fruit and yoghurt

Daisy - your food doesn't look too bad, you should add some more fruit & veg in as snacks maybe or add to your meals - Just to keep you full. I couldn't get by without eating my fruit as it fills me up and stops me eating too much junk - the days when I don't have fruit available are the days I reach for the chocolate lol

Planning a 5 syn bag of malteasers for later - that's my syns done for the day, should end on 13 xx

I cheat and buy the Waitrose chicken fillets with the marinade already on - I don't bother to syn them as its just jalapenos and some spices with a tiny bit of oil - I haven't used my hex a's so just count them as that! I normally cook everything from scratch but saw these when I was doing online food shop and fancied something different xx

I'll post my food diary here too.

I'm 3lbs up since Friday.. And I've been 100% on plan.

I gained a lb last week too.. I've ive gained 3 lbs this week that's 4lbs in 2 weeks and I'll only be 5-6 weeks pregnant.. At this rate I'll be back to my starting weight before I give birth :-\

So Missy, when you say you eat chicken as a snack - what do you mean? Just chicken? I'm a real one for needing to have things with something - eg sandwich with crisps. salad with bread, chips with cheese! (ha) chocolate with well, anything really.

And I'm a nightmare for those 5 syn snacks too, problem is i have about 8 of them!

My meals are good though and I lost a bit at the start and am now hovering around that so I'm happy baby is getting the good stuff while I have the sweet stuff!

So Missy, when you say you eat chicken as a snack - what do you mean? Just chicken? I'm a real one for needing to have things with something - eg sandwich with crisps. salad with bread, chips with cheese! (ha) chocolate with well, anything really.

And I'm a nightmare for those 5 syn snacks too, problem is i have about 8 of them!

My meals are good though and I lost a bit at the start and am now hovering around that so I'm happy baby is getting the good stuff while I have the sweet stuff!

Missy, I do need to up my veg...I'm having a good 4 portions of veg at dinner each night. I really struggle with fruit as I mainly fancy savoury stuff but I will give the overnight oats a go with some strawberries and blueberries, I need to stop my bread habit and the oats sound really filling. Salad is what triggered my morning sickness and I've not had it since despite not feeling sick since so I need to get back on that.

Ah I wouldn't worry too much Pregnant, just keep sticking to the plan and it will balance out eventually. I retained a lot of water and was really bloated around the same stage so it's probably that.

Nicki, I'm the same about having to have crisps with my sandwich etc otherwise I don't feel like I've finished the meal. I'm guilty about the 5 syn snacks too.

On days where I haven't stuck to plan, I've carried on inputting my food into MFP and I try to come in around 1800 on week days, I know tracking calories and SW is a bit of a no-go but I feel it helps me feel less guilty when I have no energy.

I hope it's just bloating daisy and that it comes off over the next few weeks.

I'll show you some pictures of meals I've been having.

Spiced sweet potato chips, Birdseye tomato and Rosemary fish inspiration (4 syns) and salad.

Attachments

• image-3437247874.jpg
    image-3437247874.jpg
    632.9 KB · Views: 23
Yes I just have the sliced, pre cooked chicken - normally a whole packet! I do have a couple of 5 syn snacks per day too.
Daisy - have u tried swopping your bread for ryvitas? Much more filling and you may not feel you need crisps too as they are crunchy? I have egg or tuna mayo on mine or cottage cheese xx

Morning!

Spending the day with my sister today - I've got 2 weddings to go to next month so having a day shopping for an outfit:D
Ive got no idea what I'm going to end up with - maybe a maxi dress that I can wear through the summer.

Foodwise its it's something like this:

brekkie: fruit, yoghurt and coffee

snack whilst shopping: latte(hexa) and porridge with banana and maple syrup (3) from the coffee shop (hexa and b)

lunch: bacon and mushroom omelette with salad and salad cream (2)

snack: Apple, skips (4)

Dinner: slow cooked beef, sweet potato mash, green beans, carrots, gravy (2)

more fruit and yoghurt if I need it.

have a good day xx

Missy - have a lovely day. I'd love to see what you pick! Your menu sounds lovely once again! That's a good idea about the ryvita although it's the salt and vinegar from the crisps that I seem to crave.

I'm having a quiet day, got some work to do at home. Can't believe I'm 19 weeks tomorrow, I keep moaning that my pregnancy is going slow but it's flown since my 12 week scan.

This is what I'm having foodwise:

Breakfast: Boiled eggs, soldiers (HEXB), banana
Lunch: Grilled red pepper stuffed with couscous and cheese (HEXA), apple
Dinner: Chilli and rice (3)
Snacks: Walkers squares (5), Aero biscuit (5)

Pregnant - your meal looks great, your sweet potato chips are perfect - I can never seem to get mine like that. I'm not a huge fan of fish usually but I like the sound of the Birdseye one. How are you feeling today?

Hi Daisy
Try the ryvita mini salt & vinegar - they're really salt & vinegary and are in a crisp packet! They're a HEB too (I think - please shout if I'm wrong about that anyone!)
xxx

Oh Nicki I could kiss you :D I had looked up S&V Snackajacks but they are syns too so the ryvitas sound like a good alternative. I will pick some up when I go shopping next week

Hi everyone,

I had an emergency scan today because I had some spotting and tummy pain.

All ok though thank the Lord. So relieved.

so relieved for you pregnantsw :) such a worrying time could they find any reason for the bleeding? They didn't with me the second time, take it easy xx

so relieved for you pregnantsw :) such a worrying time could they find any reason for the bleeding? They didn't with me the second time, take it easy xx

No they couldn't see why I was bleeding so said its most likely implantation bleeding.. I wasn't bruised or anything. So very relieved. Another scan in 2 weeks so ensure everything is ok. :)

Good morning.

How was your shopping trip missy? I'm going to have to hit the shops soon, even my leggings are starting to get uncomfy as they are pressing on my tummy. Hubby reckons I'm getting a bump but I don't think so, hopefully it pops out soon!

Today I'm having:

Breakfast: Mullerlight, banana
Lunch: Cheese sandwich (HEs), Walkers Squares (5), apple
Dinner: Chicken Thai green curry (9) with onion, peppers, green beans and broccoli served with rice
Snacks: Will have fruit/yoghurt if I get hungry after dinner

Back