Looking for a pregnancy buddy!

Morning ladies! How's everyone doing?

Glad your scan went well missy. I have my 28 week scan on the 1st of April can't wait to see how she's grown :)

How's Cooper, Tamkat?

Welcome Pregnant, sorry to hear you've had some spotting, glad your scan has been able to reassure you a little.

Daisy well done for getting back on plan, I'm kinda just winging it and eating what I like. I've not actually put on too much I don't think and it's all bump. I'm willing to get back in plan after baby and take whatever gain there is, but for now ignorance is bliss!

Hi Jenn! Time is flying for you now!

i wish I could just eat what I wanted but I just can't be trusted - I'm really conscious of how big I was after having my 2 girls and don't want to feel like that this time. Am keeping to SW as much as possible but still expecting a total gain of around 35 pounds as I was close to a healthy weight beforehand.

Today's food:
brekkie: coffee and an apple
1 hour body pump
snack: coffee, chicken
lunch: ryvitas with tuna mayo (hexb +2), salad, fruit, yoghurt
snack: malteasers (5)
dinner: beef and mushroom stroganoff (3) with rice

have be a good day xx

Jenn, can't believe you're almost 28 weeks! I'm not strictly back on plan, I'm doing a mixture of SW on weekdays and winging it on weekends. I've not weighed for a while but I'm hoping that the damage isn't too bad. I still have a lot to lose after the baby is born so I'm not being too hard on myself but at the same time I don't want to gain so much that I find it harder to recover after labour.

Missy, your menu sounds lovely once again. I admire you for keeping up with your body pump and other classes!

Today I feel really sick and think I'm coming down with something as I feel really hot and have a sore throat. Anyone have any tips for helping their immune system while pregnant. I seem to pick up everything!

Daisy - take pregnacare, berroca if I need it, eat loads of fruit and veg and make sure I have fresh air every day - all these things contribute to a healthy immune system, pregnancy does take it out of you and as baby drains all the good stuff out of you, I just try and put double back in!xx

Hope you feel better soon... I take a fab immune boosting herbal tablet but I'm not sure whether we can take it during pregnancy so I've stopped now.

Ginger is a fab natural anti biotic so Google natural immune boosting foods and hopefully that'll help.

I take pregnacare but might check out berroca to give me a boost. I'm having plenty of fruit and veg today so hopefully that helps too. I'm not long back from walking the dog...felt as though I was going to pass out!

Pregnant, what is the herbal tablet you take? Would be good to know for after pregnancy. I have some ginger tea in the cupboard so I will give that a try too.

Have you all had a nice good weekend?

Hi Everyone Cooper is fine although will not settle at night so wont lie im finding it tough with toddler during the day with very little sleep! Just keep reminding myself that it will get easier lol xx Glad you are all doing well I went overboard on mothers day so might be maintaining this week although I might scrape a pound off if im very lucky :) xx

Morning everyone

just popping on to update food - got a lot of housework to do today :-(

brekkie: coffee & an apple, small amount of all bran choc wheats (hex b)

45 min spin class, coffee, 2 Lindt choc balls (8 syns!)

lunch: ryvitas (hex b)with egg mayo and salad (2), fruit, yoghurt

dinner: roast chicken, salad, jacket pot, Parmesan (hex a) light dressing (2)

Oh Tamkat, I bet you're exhausted. Hopefully you still manage a loss. Are you recovering well? How old is little Cooper now?

Hope your housework doesn't take too long Missy, I have a pile of laundry that I am ignoring currently.

Here's what I'm eating:

Breakfast: Mullerlight, apple, banana
Lunch: Mexican chicken salad, ryvitas (HEB)
Dinner: Hunter's chicken (6) with cheese (HEA), SW chips, salad and beans
Snacks: Yoghurt, grapes, roasted veg and chilli pasta (2)

Went shopping last night and didn't buy any crisps or biscuits as they seem to be my downfall! Hoping to go out for lunch on Friday after the scan so trying to save some syns for that.

I think your amazing jumping right back in plan so soon after baby tamkat!

Hope everyone is well? My 7 year old is just back from the doctors he has scarlet fever, I'm so over illness in our house! Feels like there's been someone Ill at one point for weeks. Here's hoping no one else gets it, unlikely tho as its very contagious :(

Oh no Jenn, that's not good. I know Scarlett fever has been going around as there are posters up at dd's nursery.

hope everyone else is good today? It's beautiful here, really looking forward to some decent warm weather over Easter :)

foodwise, it's like this today:

brekkie: coffee & apple

mid morn: porridge (hex b & hex a) with banana

lunch: 2 boiled eggs, ham, babybel lights (hex a), pickled onions,ham, tuna, sweetcorn, ryvitas (hex b), fruit

snack: 2 choc Lindt balls (8), popcorn (4)

dinner: omelette and SW chips with salad

not the best day foodwise xx

Morning! Hope everyone is well?

wk 22 for me, can safely say that the nausea & tiredness has completely gone - been feeling great for the last few weeks so am making the most of it whilst it lasts!

meeting a friend and her 5 month old for a walk today so that will be my exercise, also plan to pull everything out from under the stairs - it's the only dumping ground in the house - but not any more!

todays food (red day as usual)

brekkie: coffee, fruit & yoghurt

lunch: eggy bread (hex b) with bacon and cheese (hex a), coffee

dinner: going to get OH to bring some fish home from work (depends what he buys at the market this morn), SW chips (hex b) cauliflower & broccoli cheese (hex a)

snacks: fruit, yoghurt, all bran crunch (6)

have a good day xx

Ok so yesterday went pretty much to plan - except OH cooked dinner for all of us and we ended up having Ben and Jerrys for pudding! Was yummy but I ate far too much of it, so today will be strictly to plan.

Red day:

Brekkie: coffee, 1 weetabix with yoghurt (half hex b)

1 hour body pump, followed by scrambled eggs with bacon and mushrooms on 2 slices nimble (hex b), fruit

dinner: homemade burgers with SW chips and salad

snacks: lots of fruit today, skips (4)

How's everyone doing?

I have my anomaly scan today at 9.30. I feel very anxious but excited about seeing the baby at the same time.

Please keep your fingers crossed that everything's fine and that the baby let's us see whether it's a he or she!

Good luck Daisy im sure everything will be fine cant wait to find out what you are having xx

Thanks ladies.

I'm really upset, the scan this morning was really disappointing. I sat waiting ages in the waiting room desperately trying not to pee. The sonographer was running late, seemingly more interested in seeing the eclipse. I was only scanned for 5 mins before she announced she couldn't get any measurements and I'd have to go back in 3 weeks.

It felt so rushed and was shorter than the dating scan, she didn't even suggest moving etc.

Naturally I'm even more anxious now. My lovely husband has booked me a private scan for Monday, bless him. Hope it's a better experience.

:( im so sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

You should inform the private scan people about your experience so they can reassure you whilst you're having your scan.

Thanks Pregnant. I will definitely let them know.

I know it's a medical scan but I'm a person too. It felt as though she just couldn't be bothered. It was the polar opposite to my dating scan.

Back