Looking for a pregnancy buddy!

I had proper bleeding today so was rushed in to the local EPU at mums.

The hospital got the fax through from hillingdon and compared the growth.

The sonographer saw the yolk. A flicker of a heartbeat. The sac is nice and round.

But the growth is not what they expect to see at 7 week and the heartbeat isn't as fast as expected either.

She said it could be because you're not 7 but 6 weeks.

The bleeding can be normal but can also be the start of a miscarriage.

I'm to have another scan next week to see what's happened unless I bleed and miscarry.

I'm not sure what to think I'm ive honest. Wishing my husband was here more than anything. He was due to come this evening so we could go to my EPU appt at home tomorrow but told him to come on the weekend now.

So sorry pregnant, what a worrying time for you both, fingers crossed everything is ok. What's the plan of action, Are the going to rescan you? Are you sure of your dates or could you maybe only be 6 instead of 7 weeks?

The hospital near mums had an appt for me for next Thursday. But my local hospital in London doesn't have one for 2 weeks.

The lady who did my scan said initially she would like to see me in 2 weeks/10 days but as its the bank holiday next week she booked me in for next Thursday.

so I'm going to wait until the 9th which is 2 weeks away so I can see the EPU in my local area.

I don't have my symptoms today either. No sickness, light headedness. My BP seems fine. So who knows what's happening.

As for my dates. I track my periods on a period tracker app so I definitely know when the first day of my last period was..

Positives from the scan was that from the last scan I had there has been growth and there was a flicker of heartbeat which I saw.

*shrugs* I feel very numb. Not happy. Not sad. Just numb.

so sorry you are going through this :( I have always known when my periods are as write it on a calendar but my dates never matched up with hospital & a heartbeat is very positive sign,stay strong sweetie xx

Hi Pregnant, so sorry to hear you're going through this. I wanted to share my experience in the hope it helps in some way.

When I was pregnant with my daughter (my first child) I was naturally terrified anyway (first pregnancy, didn't know what to expect etc) but when I started bleeding at 4-5 weeks, I was even more scared. Went for a scan at the EPU at about 6 weeks and I came away feeling even more terrified than ever, rather than reassured like I'd been hoping. Basically the sonographer said to me that she could see a sac, but baby was way too small/early to even see (think she was about 3mm at this point!) let alone detect a heartbeat and to come back in a week. I asked "Does all look ok though for 6 weeks?" she said "6 weeks?! You look about 4 weeks pregnant". I said to her "that's impossible, I'm 2 weeks late for my period - I'm 6 weeks pregnant. There's no way I'm only 4 weeks". She basically disagreed with me, and told me to come back in a week to check again. But both the sonographer and nurses made it fairly clear to not expect much in a weeks time and I came away in tears and was adamant that I was either going to lose my baby, or there was something seriously wrong because she obviously hadn't grown in 2 weeks.

I went back a week later, and all was fine! Had the scan at 6+5 days and baby measured fine, and showed a lovely heartbeat. Had a different sonographer too. I couldn't believe the difference in the whole experience. The previous scan scared me so much.

Like the others have said, the fact you have seen a heartbeat is reassuring. It may be that you ovulated later than normal/baby implanted later etc. My dates were always spot on, but I do wonder if I wasn't as far along with Amelia as I thought because she ended up being 2 weeks late (and my placenta looked really healthy considering). It would certainly explain that 1st ever scan anyway.

I obviously realise everyone's experiences are different, but I really hope all is ok. I totally understand the "numbness" you're feeling. Big hugs and try and stay strong. Hopefully your next scan will be a much more positive experience and you'll get some reassurance xxxxx

so sorry you are going through this :( I have always known when my periods are as write it on a calendar but my dates never matched up with hospital & a heartbeat is very positive sign,stay strong sweetie xx

Hi Pregnant, so sorry to hear you're going through this. I wanted to share my experience in the hope it helps in some way.

When I was pregnant with my daughter (my first child) I was naturally terrified anyway (first pregnancy, didn't know what to expect etc) but when I started bleeding at 4-5 weeks, I was even more scared. Went for a scan at the EPU at about 6 weeks and I came away feeling even more terrified than ever, rather than reassured like I'd been hoping. Basically the sonographer said to me that she could see a sac, but baby was way too small/early to even see (think she was about 3mm at this point!) let alone detect a heartbeat and to come back in a week. I asked "Does all look ok though for 6 weeks?" she said "6 weeks?! You look about 4 weeks pregnant". I said to her "that's impossible, I'm 2 weeks late for my period - I'm 6 weeks pregnant. There's no way I'm only 4 weeks". She basically disagreed with me, and told me to come back in a week to check again. But both the sonographer and nurses made it fairly clear to not expect much in a weeks time and I came away in tears and was adamant that I was either going to lose my baby, or there was something seriously wrong because she obviously hadn't grown in 2 weeks.

I went back a week later, and all was fine! Had the scan at 6+5 days and baby measured fine, and showed a lovely heartbeat. Had a different sonographer too. I couldn't believe the difference in the whole experience. The previous scan scared me so much.

Like the others have said, the fact you have seen a heartbeat is reassuring. It may be that you ovulated later than normal/baby implanted later etc. My dates were always spot on, but I do wonder if I wasn't as far along with Amelia as I thought because she ended up being 2 weeks late (and my placenta looked really healthy considering). It would certainly explain that 1st ever scan anyway.

I obviously realise everyone's experiences are different, but I really hope all is ok. I totally understand the "numbness" you're feeling. Big hugs and try and stay strong. Hopefully your next scan will be a much more positive experience and you'll get some reassurance xxxxx

Thank you both for your kind words and thank you princess peach for sharing your story, it has reassured me. If I continue with the dark brown spotting it won't stress me too much. It's the fresh red blood that scared the living day lights out of me.

I'm not going to have a scan a week but 2 weeks after now. I don't want too many internal scans if I can help it and I want the baby to grow enough before I see it again. I would rather wait 2 weeks and for there to be significant growth, than go after a week and have to come back again a week after to monitor.

Thank you, once again for sharing your story.

Thank you both for your kind words and thank you princess peach for sharing your story, it has reassured me. If I continue with the dark brown spotting it won't stress me too much. It's the fresh red blood that scared the living day lights out of me.

I'm not going to have a scan a week but 2 weeks after now. I don't want too many internal scans if I can help it and I want the baby to grow enough before I see it again. I would rather wait 2 weeks and for there to be significant growth, than go after a week and have to come back again a week after to monitor.

Thank you, once again for sharing your story.

That's a good plan hun. At least in 2 weeks you should see a real difference x I had lots of scans early on due to bleeding with Amelia. You're very welcome. I know how scary it is as a FTM so if there's anything I can do to try and put a woman's mind at ease - even if it's just a little bit. The brown spotting is fairly normal I think, it's just old blood anyway so not a fresh bleed which is good. Really hope all goes well for you, and try to relax over the next couple of weeks (much easier said than done I know!)

Big hugs and keep us posted xxx

So sorry to hear you're going through this Pregnant. I don't have any words and I can't imagine how hard it must be, the first trimester is such an exhaustingly worrying time as it is. I hope you can try to relax and your family take good care of you. Please keep us updated if you can. Big hugs.

Hi All
Pregnant - I had the same at 7 weeks but wasn't offered any scans or follow ups unless I had further bleeding, I basically sat still for 2 days and it eased off, hope all is well for you.

we had our 2nd anomaly scan today, still couldn't get the neck measurement and baby was still curled up in a little ball - pic attached - what do you think- boy or girl? We didn't find out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 63
Hi All
Pregnant - I had the same at 7 weeks but wasn't offered any scans or follow ups unless I had further bleeding, I basically sat still for 2 days and it eased off, hope all is well for you.

we had our 2nd anomaly scan today, still couldn't get the neck measurement and baby was still curled up in a little ball - pic attached - what do you think- boy or girl? We didn't find out

Glad all is ok xx I'm going to predict girl! Xx

Glad your scan went well, I'm guessing boy! One of us will be right :D

ooh hard to tell Missy Im going to say boy :) xx

so that's 2 for a boy and 1 for a girl so far - I reckon girl but OH and both DD's think boy, so we shall see!!

Today is going to be a hungry day - woke up hungry and am still hungry lol

Food:

Brekkie: Coffee, 1 x wm bread with banana (0.5 hexb), alpen light (other half hex b)

1 hour body pump - new routine - nearly killed me!! followed by another coffee and activia yog

Lunch: prawn stir fry, soy sauce, garlic & chilli - this is going to be a HUGE portion!!

snack: raspberries & blueberries with more yoghurt, leftover roast beef

dinner: OH wants a curry if so will have chicken tikka dhansak, boiled rice and 2 poppadums (that's around 21 syns I think)

Its SIL's wedding next sunday, I did buy a dress but I think im going to take it back as I tried on a dress I bought from Coast not long after having DD2 (3.5 years ago), have only worn it once and it fits so think I am going to wear that and can put money from new dress towards a couple of maxi dresses to accommodate my bump when it starts getting warm.

Have a good day all xx

Missy...I think boy! I am usually wrong though haha. Will they see you again to try get the measurements? I have my rescan after Easter, I'm dreading it and looking forward to it at the same time. I'm hungry too today. Seems to have really ramped up lately. The Coast dress sounds lovely, hope you have a lovely time at the wedding!

Daisy - nope, they said they were happy with what they had seen, no point in going back again - they had me doing star jumps, touching my toes, knees and bum off the bed in the air and still baby just laid there sucking its thumb lol We still have one more scan at 38+4 so will see baby again just before its born... xx

They tried hard to get the baby to move then, obvious wasn't having any of it lol. That's good you get to see the baby again, I have growth scans booked for 32 and 36 weeks and feel quite lucky as waiting another 20 weeks to see the baby would seem like forever!

20 weeks to term is such a long time to wait unless you have a growth scan or something! I have a scan at 32 weeks (4 weeks time eek!) to check placenta (it was 'slightly low' at 20 weeks) and can't wait to see how baby has grown :D x never had a scan this late! X

I have reassurance scans at 28,32, and 36 weeks. The 1st one is on Wednesday so excited to see baby again and hopefully be able to speak to the consultant about planned induction. Just over 9 weeks to go, it's actually flying in this time!

I have reassurance scans at 28,32, and 36 weeks. The 1st one is on Wednesday so excited to see baby again and hopefully be able to speak to the consultant about planned induction. Just over 9 weeks to go, it's actually flying in this time!

When are you due Jen? I'm 18th June :) x

Official due date is the 20th of June but I'll be induced at 37weeks so anytime after the 30th May :D

Back