Looking for a pregnancy buddy!

Hi Everyone

Daisy, hope you have a good experience today - fingers crossed it's a different sonographer x

I had a great time at SIL's wedding over Easter weekend, so nice to see everyone- and the gorgeous weather made everyone happy :)
Still haven't got baby's room painted, just had a moan at OH and he said he will start it later - hmm, we will see! If he doesn't do it today then I'm doing it on Friday whilst he is at work!
All I want to do is nest, men just don't get it do they?!
have a good day all, I'm off to enjoy the sunshine while it's lasts xx

How did your scan go Daisy?

I hope your husband has painted the nursery for you Missy! I'm in nesting mode too, when the boys are back at school I'm going to get all the baby's clothes washed and ironed. Also have thrown everything I need in my hospital bag but need to pack it properly. Getting real now!

Well we had the rescan yesterday and it was so much better. We were in there 45 minutes in total (seems I've got a wriggler in there) and got to see everything...except the baby's bits! I have a growth scan at 32 and 36 weeks so I'm hoping she will show us again then. I can't quite believe that I'm 23 weeks today, it has flown.

Glad you had a lovely time at the wedding Missy. I hope your OH has started painting!

Jenn - I love imagining all the tiny clothes drying on the line in the sunshine, so cute! How long have you got left now?

Well we had the rescan yesterday and it was so much better. We were in there 45 minutes in total (seems I've got a wriggler in there) and got to see everything...except the baby's bits! I have a growth scan at 32 and 36 weeks so I'm hoping she will show us again then. I can't quite believe that I'm 23 weeks today, it has flown. Glad you had a lovely time at the wedding Missy. I hope your OH has started painting! Jenn - I love imagining all the tiny clothes drying on the line in the sunshine, so cute! How long have you got left now?

Aw so glad it was a much better experience for you!! :) xx

At most I should have 8 weeks left, but so much is happening before then it will just fly in!

Hi everyone, how are you all doing? I had a run in with the scales this morning...I've been eating far too much rubbish, not sticking to plan at all...1st 2lbs! I'm so angry with myself! Things are changing starting today and I don't plan on putting another a pound on for the remainder of my pregnancy. Hubby is getting a sympathy bump too so he need things shaking up.

I'm going to continue walking the dog twice a day which adds up to 30 mins but I'm also going to add in another 30/60 minutes of walking. Either Leslie Sansone's walking workouts or using the wii fit.

Today's menu:

B: Weetabix (HE), milk (HE), banana
L: Scrambled egg, beans and mushrooms
D: Ham, leek, pea and sweetcorn risotto with cheese (HE) (3)
Snacks: Apple, Milkyway crispy roll (6.5)

Last edited:
Hi Daisy - good for you! Don't forget to have your super free with each meal xx

ive just got back from midwife, baby is measuring large - I told her I knew this one going to be another big one and when she felt my tummy she said its feeling large for nearly 26 weeks. I've got my GTT next weds, so going to see what the results are and then go from there. If it carries on looking huge then they might section me early. I put my bets on an 11lber!!xx

I'm planning on upping my superfree...need a trip to the supermarket so using what we have in.

Wow Missy, how much did your previous children weigh? Have they booked you a growth scan? Hope your GTT goes well, I have mine at the end of April, I'm hoping it will be all clear. My Dad is type 1 diabetic so obviously my risk is much higher. I tested my blood sugar at the weekend and it wasn't high so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

My first was 10lb10, and my 2nd was 10lb0.5, both big girls!! They are both tall for their ages now, but not overweight. This one feels like a big, solid lump already, im wondering if it's a boy as my tummy feels like it's all baby.
My blood sugar has always been fine but because of the size of the girls they like to do extra scans and a GTT. The midwife said I should have results within 24 hours of the blood test, and that exercising everyday for 30 mins would really help with blood sugar levels if it comes to it xx

Wow they were both good sizes, sounds as though this one is following in their footsteps. I'm sure your GTT results will be fine, especially as you do lots of exercise and eat really healthy...your body just likes growing big babies :D

Wow! Very good sizes! My daughter was 9lbs 8oz (2 weeks overdue) but measured spot on throughout x this one measures 2 weeks ahead at the moment so I'm expecting another biggun! Xx

Wow good size babies missy and peach! My biggest was 8lb 2oz the other boys have been around the 7lb mark. This baby will probably be around the same as I'll be induced early.

The nesting had kicked in here and I'm full of beans done loads of cleaning and clearing out. Long may it last!

Some lovely sized babies on here. I have my 25 weeks midwife appt next Tues, will she have a feel and tell me how I'm measuring then? Not sure what to expect really!

Morning Daisy, you should get measured and find out the position of baby. You'll also get to have a listen to baby's heartbeat.

It depends on where you live, most midwifes start measuring at 28 weeks now but depends on local guidelines. They did baby's heartbeat, felt my tummy and booked in 28wk appt at mine - and mw talked about joining SW herself lol xx

Oh I really hope to hear the heartbeat...not heard it yet! I've just had a look at my notes and apparently MW will measure fundal height/EFW and plot it on growth chart.

Oh Missy that's very high praise from midwife :)

Morning all

Daisy - I am good, hope you are too? Hows it going sticking to plan? Im trying really hard but my weight is still going up too quickly for my liking!!

OH has nearly finished painting the nursery - it would have been finished last week but he changed his mind on the colour so had to re-do it! It is looking fab - if it ever gets finished I will post up a pic x

We have been given so much for free this time around - this never happened with my other 2 pregnancies as nobody else had babies at that point, we are calling this one our 'budget baby' as it doesn't really have anything new at the moment apart from a couple of packs of babygros!! I guess by the 3rd baby you realise how much money you wasted previously on things that were only used for a matter of weeks, anything new will come from my baby shower - never had one of these before but my best friend is insisting!

Hope you have a great day and enjoy the sunshine xx

Hi Missy, glad you're well! I'm fine. Still sticking to plan and walking more than before. I'm sure all your weight is just baby! I'd love to see the nursery once it has been finished...tell your husband to hurry up :D

That's great about all your hand-me-downs. I've had a lot of stuff handed down too and my parents and inlaws have been very excited and generous in offering to buy things. I love a bargain and walk around mothercare etc in a state of shock when I see that you can buy a pram for around £1k! Love the idea of a baby shower...my mum wants to throw one later in summer so I'm quite excited about that.

I am 24 weeks today! Can finally start looking at houses...I have my fingers crossed that we won't be waiting too long, I don't fancy moving while heavily pregnant!

Morning Ladies!
hope you all had a fab weekend? It's still lovely and sunny down here in Devon, I don't want this weather to end!
im 27 weeks this week, I've got my GTT on Wednesday, not looking forward to not eating until 11.30am :-(

Food today is looking like a red day, going to use syns on some more hex'a instead of choc

brekkie: coffee, 1 weetabix (3) with fruit and yoghurt, coffee

1 hour body pump, followed by at least 2 hours cleaning - have estate agent coming to value house later

lunch: jacket pot (hex b) with tuna mayo (2) and salad, fruit and yoghurt

snack: 2 slices wm bread (hex b) with banana

dinner: chicken stir fry, noodles (6)

snack: cheese (hex a), Apple

remaing syns might be used on small ice lolly (2.5)

have a a good day all xx

Back