Looking for Idea's/Recipes for WOTY Taster Evening

lg-24-12

Live..Laugh..Love
My Class are having their First Taster Session for Next Weeks Woman of the Year Award Ceremony. As the Building we have our Group in doesnt have any Kitchen/Heating facilities i'm wracking my Brain for Idea's about what to Take/Make??

Any Idea's would be Gratefuly Appreciated..Thanks :)

does it have to be Free or low syns?

Ferrero Rocher (at 3½ Syns each) might be delicious but we've come up with a great solution to fix that chocolate craving for less than one third of the Syns! (Which means you can eat lots more without breaking the bank!). Crush 10 Ryvita with a rolling pin, add 4 tablespoons of Nutella that's been warmed for 20 seconds in the microwave. Stir well and spoon into small bun cases and leave in the fridge to set. This should make about 28-30 scrummy treats at 1 Syn each - heaven!

Quiche
I use 4 eggs , 500g tub of cottage cheese, bacon and mushroom.

Mix the eggs together, but just enough to mix them, don't beat them or anything. Add the cottage cheese to the egg. Fry light the mushrooms and bacon (cut the bacon into bits_ then add to the mixture and pour into a flan/quiche dish. Cook on gas mark 6 for 1/2 hour or until firm to the touch.

or for the sweet toothed :

Mini Carrot Cake Bites | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

There is all sorts you could take that are just as nice eaten at room temperature as they are hot. In fact, a lot of them I prefer cool...

What about quiche? Pizzas made from warburton square wraps. Potato salad. Pasta salad. Mini burgers/meatballs. Vegetable crudites with a homemade dip/humous. You could make soup and take it in a flask to keep warm. Jelly/Mousse. Fruit kebabs. Half syn cake/roulade.

For ours I made Britmums mini baked Oreo cheesecakes from her blog www.slimmingeats.com - they went down a storm at only 3.5 Syns each!

If you're that worried, you don't even have to make anything. You could take in something shop bought that other members may not have tried before! Maybe some low Syns crisps/swets etc.

I like the fluffy jelly. I made it for our tasters this week, in fact I always make it or quiche.l Just make up a hartley s f jelly up to quarter of a pint. When it just starts to set a little and gone cool pour it into 500g f f fromage frais and whisk until fluffy like a mousse. Put in the fridge to set, an hour or two later fruit mousse. And all that for half a syn!!! Cant whack it! :)

I haven't been to a food taster since rejoining but when I did SW before I used to take homemade mini burgers with me, cooked just before leaving the house then wrapped in tin foil. I basically use el mince, with fresh rosemary and Worcester sauce. The burgers themselves are syn free, then I tended to cut HXB sized rolls in half and then load the burgers jn. I also used to take a bunch of rosemary for the SOTW basket.

I haven't been to a food taster since rejoining but when I did SW before I used to take homemade mini burgers with me, cooked just before leaving the house then wrapped in tin foil. I basically use el mince, with fresh rosemary and Worcester sauce. The burgers themselves are syn free, then I tended to cut HXB sized rolls in half and then load the burgers jn. I also used to take a bunch of rosemary for the SOTW basket.

Great Ideas Thanks love the sound of the Mini Burgers..thats the best thing is to cook just before im leave and wrap with foil so should keep a heat in anything i make :)

I like the fluffy jelly. I made it for our tasters this week, in fact I always make it or quiche.l Just make up a hartley s f jelly up to quarter of a pint. When it just starts to set a little and gone cool pour it into 500g f f fromage frais and whisk until fluffy like a mousse. Put in the fridge to set, an hour or two later fruit mousse. And all that for half a syn!!! Cant whack it! :)

Thank You ..Ive never heard of Fluffy Jelly :D so im intruiged to try it now ;)

There is all sorts you could take that are just as nice eaten at room temperature as they are hot. In fact, a lot of them I prefer cool...

What about quiche? Pizzas made from warburton square wraps. Potato salad. Pasta salad. Mini burgers/meatballs. Vegetable crudites with a homemade dip/humous. You could make soup and take it in a flask to keep warm. Jelly/Mousse. Fruit kebabs. Half syn cake/roulade.

For ours I made Britmums mini baked Oreo cheesecakes from her blog www.slimmingeats.com - they went down a storm at only 3.5 Syns each!

If you're that worried, you don't even have to make anything. You could take in something shop bought that other members may not have tried before! Maybe some low Syns crisps/swets etc.

Wow Thanks Stevie :D Plenty of choices there and the Oreo Cheesecakes sounds Delicious!! ..no way should i be stuck for choice now..and if i cant make/bake then buying something low syned is always an option..Thanks Again :)

Ferrero Rocher (at 3½ Syns each) might be delicious but we've come up with a great solution to fix that chocolate craving for less than one third of the Syns! (Which means you can eat lots more without breaking the bank!). Crush 10 Ryvita with a rolling pin, add 4 tablespoons of Nutella that's been warmed for 20 seconds in the microwave. Stir well and spoon into small bun cases and leave in the fridge to set. This should make about 28-30 scrummy treats at 1 Syn each - heaven!

Quiche
I use 4 eggs , 500g tub of cottage cheese, bacon and mushroom.

Mix the eggs together, but just enough to mix them, don't beat them or anything. Add the cottage cheese to the egg. Fry light the mushrooms and bacon (cut the bacon into bits_ then add to the mixture and pour into a flan/quiche dish. Cook on gas mark 6 for 1/2 hour or until firm to the touch.

or for the sweet toothed :

Mini Carrot Cake Bites | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

Ohh Ferorro Rocher..now my mouth ius watering :D Thank you for the ideasand the Quiche does sound easy i usually make it with Pasta Sauce..give this a try :)

I go straight from walk (and not past any shops!) so keeping an eye on this thread. Our taster evening isn't til the week after next, but I'm already pondering as I'm not much of a chef and whatever it is if I made it would need to survive 9 hours at work without a fridge etc. Hmmm!

I go straight from walk (and not past any shops!) so keeping an eye on this thread. Our taster evening isn't til the week after next, but I'm already pondering as I'm not much of a chef and whatever it is if I made it would need to survive 9 hours at work without a fridge etc. Hmmm!

That is a Tough 1 :rolleyes: Only thing i can think of is something shop bought day before..maybe a new product thats come out and nobody at class may have heard of yet..something in a packet that doesnt require a fridge all day or to be heated up..like a new snack/crisp/biscuit etc. Hopefully you can get something sorted out :)

SW iced cookies might be a good idea? Slimming World Christmas biscuits recipe - Recipes - goodtoknow they should keep in a tin/container or some blueberry muffins Blueberry Muffins | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes xxx

I take a slow cooker when we have a Taster night, everyone has electricity! last night I took Yuk Sung, in the past , Peanut Curry, Beef Dopiaza, Ferrero Rocher (made with scan bran), Veg. Samosas & Pakoras.Lots to choose from!
Pete

Blueberry muffins would only leave my house in my belly ;)

I need to get a slow cooker, I keep saying that - we've just got such a small kitchen counter (1 bedroomed flat) there's not so much room!

I think snacks might be the way to go, got a week and a bit so will venture to home bargains or something!

Back