Looking to start JUDD

silencemylips

Silver Member
Hi!
I'm thinking of starting Judd, In may I started Cambridge for the 3rd time, I did really well but after a few organised holidays/events getting back on 100% proved hard, that and my mood swings were terrible. So I decided to stop, I did a couple of weeks healthy eating 3 main meals and swimming 3-4 times a week, then I went on holiday and haven't returned to a structured eating plan. I used to be 15stone 1 and at my lowest with Cambridge I got to 12, but after events that never stayed put and went up to 12.10 then 13.1 after my holiday. I'm ok with that, because my clothes are still fitting how they did but I can feel it and I would love to get down to 10stone7.
So thats 2.5 stone to lose and I'm thinking of doing it with JUDD. I just wanted to know how anyone else gets on with it, coming from a VLCD diet or just in general. By the looks of it I can have up to 2247 on an Up day and 449 on a down day, I think I could do that!

So tell me your results and thoughts on the diet please!

Well done on your success on vlcd I know I could never ever do that .

But I can tell you judddd for me is the best way of life ever!! And believe me although I came to judddd not having much to lose I came with a lifetime of dieting experience . I have successfully lost weight before but even on plans I enjoy like sw the minute I let myself relax with meals out or choc I would gain and would take weeks or months to get back to target . When the whole cycle would start again.

Since starting judddd 6 weeks ago I have eaten lots of choc ( even visited cadbury's world ) been out to dinner with no restrictons eaten cheese and coleslaw and anything else I fancied. As I am already at my usual target weight ( a healthy bmi ) my weight loss has not been great but my life has been great and I am back on the losing track now :) (trying to lose a little more to give me a cushion before a 10 day Christmas holiday )

I read the judddd book a while ago but although it sounded interesting didn't think I could do even one day of 500 calories let alone 3 or 4 a week. Then saw the horizon programme and thought about it again . But it was only when my niece did her first week my competitive kicked in lol . I thought if she could do it so could I ( but still thought I would not make one day) . I had a horrible cold the first week and could never decide if that was making me light headed or the down days but I just kept on going. Now it is just part of my life 3 or 4 days a week I fast , some if those days are so easy and others harder but never as hard as I thought and I never dread them as I know I will eat the next day.

Gosh this is an essay!!!!

So my advice is

1 ) read the diaries and get lots of support here, the more you post the more support you will get

2) after the first week of dd on the whole they get way easier

3 ) give it time it is a whole different way of life and it takes some getting used to

4) don't be afraid to experiment and see what works for you, reading around you will see people do judddd in different ways.
Here are a few examples
1 by the book alternate days
2 fast m w f and weekends off ( very popular)
3 just 2 days fasting
4 fasting from 5 to 5 ( Hannah's way ) ( I tried this and didn't work for me but others do well on this)

Sorry for the essay but I am quit passionate about judddd as a way of life :)

I agree wholeheartedly with everything Derbynanny says. Where else can you lose weight, gain incredible health benefits, and eat whatever you fancy for more than half the week! And dds, whilst a bit challenging physically at times, are very liberating emotionally....I never dreamed I could get through a day on so little, feeling fine! And the more you do, the easier they get.

i can't imagine being interested in any other diet again. Why would I restrict/measure/crave/feel hungry every day, when I can do it 2 or 3 times a week and have the rest of the week off? I don't weigh or measure on my uds, just eat what I fancy within reason. It works for me, and as Derbynanny said, you will find what works for you. Good luck!

I agree with all the above. I have yo yo dieted for 40yrs, each time I have regained the loss with an extra stone added for luck! I found JUDDD after watching the Horizon programme in August which also coincided with a major health scare. I have not looked back since. Steady weight loss. Not once have I deviated from my goals, the DD's are now easy, my eating habits have changed radically and I am now eating more like 'normal' healthy weight people do. If you could manage Cambridge this will be a 'doddle' for you.
My advice, give it a go, keep it simple..under 500 x 3 DD-( Mon-Wed- Fri for me)...up to 2000 UD x 4,(Tues/Thurs/ weekends for me)and give it a month. Then you can adapt it to suit your personal work/social life etc as many on here have found their own pattern1
It works....no question...its sustainable.....no question....its too good to be true.....no question..but actually it is..true that is.

Last night I was flicking around the tv channels and saw a programme about hypnosis for weight loss I turned over to watch it then realised it would be wasting an hour if I watched it because I no longer need to find the right diet for me because I have found it :) so I changed channels I normally watch everything about diets to learn anything new :) but I don't need to now !!!

I have just come across from Cambridge and am hoping to maintain from now until after Xmas and lose a bit more from January. You can see how I'm getting on in my diary - 'Vic's JUDDD Diary' - if that's any use to you.

Thank you everyone! You've all been a great help! This sounds like a really good diet, I just need to find that inspiration to start, can I buy that somewhere??

Well done on your success on vlcd I know I could never ever do that .

But I can tell you judddd for me is the best way of life ever!! And believe me although I came to judddd not having much to lose I came with a lifetime of dieting experience . I have successfully lost weight before but even on plans I enjoy like sw the minute I let myself relax with meals out or choc I would gain and would take weeks or months to get back to target . When the whole cycle would start again.

Since starting judddd 6 weeks ago I have eaten lots of choc ( even visited cadbury's world ) been out to dinner with no restrictons eaten cheese and coleslaw and anything else I fancied. As I am already at my usual target weight ( a healthy bmi ) my weight loss has not been great but my life has been great and I am back on the losing track now :) (trying to lose a little more to give me a cushion before a 10 day Christmas holiday )

I read the judddd book a while ago but although it sounded interesting didn't think I could do even one day of 500 calories let alone 3 or 4 a week. Then saw the horizon programme and thought about it again . But it was only when my niece did her first week my competitive kicked in lol . I thought if she could do it so could I ( but still thought I would not make one day) . I had a horrible cold the first week and could never decide if that was making me light headed or the down days but I just kept on going. Now it is just part of my life 3 or 4 days a week I fast , some if those days are so easy and others harder but never as hard as I thought and I never dread them as I know I will eat the next day.

Gosh this is an essay!!!!

So my advice is

1 ) read the diaries and get lots of support here, the more you post the more support you will get

2) after the first week of dd on the whole they get way easier

3 ) give it time it is a whole different way of life and it takes some getting used to

4) don't be afraid to experiment and see what works for you, reading around you will see people do judddd in different ways.
Here are a few examples
1 by the book alternate days
2 fast m w f and weekends off ( very popular)
3 just 2 days fasting
4 fasting from 5 to 5 ( Hannah's way ) ( I tried this and didn't work for me but others do well on this)

Sorry for the essay but I am quit passionate about judddd as a way of life :)

Thanks so much, your essay is greatly welcomed! Is the horizon programme on any catch up things online?

Back