Loopeylou's Food Ramblings

Roziee said:
Oh no :( because of a cold? That's so scary... Will earrings aids help?

I know it's really scary, viral infection with cold basically. It caused congestion in his inner ear, saw the doctor weekly for about 8 wks with different treatments before they referred him. Now damage is done, he may also need an op on his middle war to relieve some of the pain he has - will find out more next week. Also find out about hearing aid then :( x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi there, thats terrible news!! Poor man, i hope you get some good news soon xx

Hope you dont mind me asking but whats one pan hash? Sounds like my kind of thing lol :) xx

cat1207 said:
Hi there, thats terrible news!! Poor man, i hope you get some good news soon xx

Hope you dont mind me asking but whats one pan hash? Sounds like my kind of thing lol :) xx

Thank you xx

One pan hash recipe was in latest magazine, here's my version:
Stn free on Extra Easy unless using cheese then HeA or Syn

Onions - sliced
Mushrooms - sliced
Smoked bacon - chopped
Canned new potatoes - sliced
6 eggs - whisked
Tomatoes - sliced
Cheese - optional syned

Oven to 180.
Fry onion, bacon and mushrooms. Add potatoes and fry until starting to colour.
Pour in eggs, stir and fry until bottom set.
Top with tomatoes and cheese if using.
Cook for 15 mins or until set.

That sounds lovely :) how did you get on at weigh in? I lost 2 so thats 7.5 alltogether im happy with that! Hope you had a good loss xx

If it makes you feel better my OH has 20% in one ear and 30% in the other, and he kinda likes his quiet life lol He has to wear 2 hearing aids, but hates them, as he prefers it quieter hehe. He is a nurse, was a bit of an adjustment for the people he works with, but he is classed as disabled , so they do have to make adjustments for his disability. People have to speak at him, not behind him, get his attention, he lip reads quite well, so that helps. I don't know what work your hubby does, but they cant fire him for having a disability. xx

Silvermaneuk said:
If it makes you feel better my OH has 20% in one ear and 30% in the other, and he kinda likes his quiet life lol He has to wear 2 hearing aids, but hates them, as he prefers it quieter hehe. He is a nurse, was a bit of an adjustment for the people he works with, but he is classed as disabled , so they do have to make adjustments for his disability. People have to speak at him, not behind him, get his attention, he lip reads quite well, so that helps. I don't know what work your hubby does, but they cant fire him for having a disability. xx

Thank you hun, he's a signal engineer for the railway so classed as safety critical staff. He knows they can't fire him but in his job he won't pass a medical, he'll be taken off track for 3 months while they fit a digital aid, access and then retrain him. All very up in the air at the moment. Think he's going to wait to see outcome of next weeks appointment about the op before he tells them officially.
Xxx

Green day comfort food :)
Quorn steak, co op Wholemeal pitta HeB, homemade coleslaw, Actifry chips and HeA low fat cheese..... Was So hungry and really hit the spot tonight

Attachments

• image-3848900152.jpg
    image-3848900152.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 30
Had a relaxing weekend at home, just what was needed.
Made some scrummy things too :
Oatbran muffins

Boulongere potatoes
Roasted veg...... Potatoes and veg went with venison steak tonight :)

Attachments

• image-725917265.jpg
    image-725917265.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 23
  • image-3784434025.jpg
    image-3784434025.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 22
  • image-1471342480.jpg
    image-1471342480.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 24
Just getting worse... Saw top ENT consultant today, he confirmed hubbie lost hearing due to a loss of blood to cochlea most likely due to blocked artery which needs investigating but also needing an MRI to rule out more concerning nasties.
Thought losing it from a cold was awful but now got even more worries!!
Also his mum who has altzheimers has had a bug which made her immobile as she was so weak. She has recovered but now can't walk, her dementia is so far advanced that they don't believe she'll walk again.
Then yesterday my sisters dogs were fighting, get hubbie tried to break them apart and ended up being attacked by the male dog. He's in such a state, was very lucky not worse as was cm from his jugular!! My sister is so upset as they had to put there dog to sleep, vet took decision out of there hands after a full assessment of him. Going to spend Friday eve and night with her.
Can I just curl up and hibernate please.... Feel like crumbling right now!! :(

oh Claire, I'm so sorry that things are not going right for you at the moment. Sorry to hear about your hubby, fingers crossed for him and his job. I haven't been around for a couple of weeks, but cant believe all the bad luck you are having. Keep strong, and know that we are all here for you ok? xxx :bighug::grouphugg:

Loopeylou said:
Just getting worse... Saw top ENT consultant today, he confirmed hubbie lost hearing due to a loss of blood to cochlea most likely due to blocked artery which needs investigating but also needing an MRI to rule out more concerning nasties.
Thought losing it from a cold was awful but now got even more worries!!
Also his mum who has altzheimers has had a bug which made her immobile as she was so weak. She has recovered but now can't walk, her dementia is so far advanced that they don't believe she'll walk again.
Then yesterday my sisters dogs were fighting, get hubbie tried to break them apart and ended up being attacked by the male dog. He's in such a state, was very lucky not worse as was cm from his jugular!! My sister is so upset as they had to put there dog to sleep, vet took decision out of there hands after a full assessment of him. Going to spend Friday eve and night with her.
Can I just curl up and hibernate please.... Feel like crumbling right now!! :(

Hey darling,

How are you feeling? ((hugs))

Really rubbish, went to docs yesterday and she wants me to take the week off work. Doesn't want to prescribe anti depression tabs as I'd have to be on them a min 6-9 months so looking at alternatives- some rest and me time.
I really want to go back to work tomorrow - don't do being at home very well, will see how I feel tomorrow morning.
Been off track for 4 days now too :( comfort eating isn't helping but can't seem to get a grip!!
Rahhhhhhhhh so sad

Don't be sad..

Take these problems by the horn and tackle them one by one

You can still eat delicious food and still lose weight.

What's happening with your hubby now? X

Roziee said:
Don't be sad..

Take these problems by the horn and tackle them one by one

You can still eat delicious food and still lose weight.

What's happening with your hubby now? X

We're waiting for an MRI and occupational health at work to start the ball rolling. The waiting game is the longest x

Hey Claire,

It's been ageeeeess and I've been a very naughty girl not coming straight back to Minis after my hols!! I've been back 9 days- I should have nipped it in the bud straight away and got my sorry arse back on here! Well 7lb on (better than the 10lb my scales reported when I first got back!) so I have a bit of work to do, but I'm hoping that a carefully planned week back on the straight and narrow will get another few off by next Mon!! 3lb to get back to the top of my original target range would be best- not so much that I won't have to pay at class, but more for the pride element!!!! The cruise was fantastic- 9 islands in 14 days, and the ship itself (Azura) was amazing- so much fun stuff to do and the food...well the gain speaks volumes lol!!

Well enough about me- sounds like you've got plenty on your plate, having had a quick read through and update!!! What a stressful chain of events- your poor hubby and the situation with his Mum!! I'm sure things will get better for him- it all sounds very unlucky, but reversible!! Maybe you do need to take some time off hun- being in work can be a distraction- but it doesn't actually lower the existing stress levels or solve the problems!! See how you feel in the morning! I can totally understand the comfort eating aspect- and I'm in no place to preach or advise at the moment with my post-cruise gain to get rid of having eaten like a little piggy myself for 2 1/2 weeks solidly- but Roziee is right- you could make yourself some comfort food that hits the spot without being disastrous to the ol' waistline!! Anything with mash is always a winner- or a chicken dinner?!! Lots of options- it's a matter of steering clear of junk food- but you knew that already!!! Oh dear, I'm sure I'm not helping....Big hugs XXXXX

Back