Loopeylou's Journey to a Slimmer Me

Hi there,
Are you the same LL who did SS (not slim & save) a few years ago?? I hope so as you were inspirational to a lot of people back then and really helped everyone with your recipes and planners etc.
I wondered how you were getting along and glad to hear you are doing well
x

Morning, glad you are going to give it a bit more time, I know how easy it is to get despondent but our bodies like to keep us guessing which can be damn annoying at times.
Its weird how Juddd works differently with everyone? I always gain bigtime after UPs but always have losses after DD , sometimes they wipe out the gains sometimes not, I do eat all my UP cals and more though but then I don't usually eat anything on my DD s just milk in my tea and coffee, so I know my swing is huge, not sure how important that is?? Anyway I had a major panic 2 weeks ago when going by my daily weighs I was looking at a second sts in a run , was talked some sense into by my felloe juddderes and carried on as normal, I lost 2lbs in the end that week and I had changed nothing ! Its a funny old diet but it does work, have faith and stick with it x

Hi there,
Are you the same LL who did SS (not slim & save) a few years ago?? I hope so as you were inspirational to a lot of people back then and really helped everyone with your recipes and planners etc.
I wondered how you were getting along and glad to hear you are doing well
x

Ahhh Sureslim ;) yes that was me, thanks so much for your lovely comments. I spent many hours compiling that darn planner and recipe file lol.

What are you upto now?
xx

Well stuck with it over the weekend and the scales are most definately not liking me at all :(

I've made decision to join WW tomorrow eve - sorry guys :break_diet:
Going back to what I know, before Juddd it was going to be SW or WW but can't make the SW meeting times so WW it is.

Would love to keep my diary here if you all wouldn't mind - would miss you all way too much. I am looking forward to going back to a class, I know its not for everyone but I used to really enjoy it ( and helped run them a few years back )

Food is always going to be my demon, I need the contant portion control that WW gives - I'm just a tad OCD and love to plan / organise / track ( I MAD YOUR ALL SCREAMING!!! )
Hubbie is going back on Slim & Save with an extra protein meal added in as he's starting 12 hour rotation shifts at work due to the olympics.

Thanks so much all you guys for the supports etc :D
xx

Hey Clairey, glad the funeral is out of the way for you and that Matt was next to you- must have been hard for you all! Sorry to hear you and hubby aren't all that set on sticking with JUDDD- and hope that what you decide on, in your case ?WW gives you the stability you're looking for! Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate (scuse the pun) in work and stress makes it so hard to be organised and planned in your food life, as all your energy goes on the job! My hubby is the same- he has such a stressful job- mine is stressful (cardiac intensive care) but its the type of stress that is ripe when Im there, but I can leave it behind when I walk out the door! Most of the time anyway! Sometimes I go home beating myself up or worrying about a patient /relative or feeling wound up about the attitude of a colleague, but I can generally see my homelife as a seperate entity XXX

How funny, we were typing at the same time! I see you've already made the decision re WW! Under normal circumstances I would frown upon you not coming back to SW!! But as you gave it a mention and explained yourself ill let you off (just this one time hehe!) XxxX

Good luck hunny, WW suited me..but I spent wayy too much pennies on WW products..oops!! xxx (let us know when your diary is set up :)

Ahhh Sureslim ;) yes that was me, thanks so much for your lovely comments. I spent many hours compiling that darn planner and recipe file lol.

What are you upto now?
xx

Hi, well I lost 10st with Sureslim and got to 10'2 which I maintained for 6 years however, over the past year seem to have crept up to near 12.I really want to get to 10st (just to say I've done it, couldn't possibly maintain it!)

I tried to do Sureslim again as have all my plan still however, couldn't seem to get back into the swing. I tried the Charles Clark High Protein Diet and this really worked for me (a much easier and healthy alternative to Atkins) earlier this year. So, I'm starting it again this week. I wanted to try JUDDD but not convinced yet. The Clark diet allows alcohol too! He is a UK doctor so the book is easy to understand and the food is recognisable as doesn't really cater for the US.

What happened to you with Sureslim? Did you just get fed up - it all turned a bit nasty on the forum at one point didn't it?

BTW, whichever plan you coose, best advice is to keep a food diary. I used to pooh pooh that idea but now, (bit OCD like you) I'm addicted to keeping track of things and it does stop me eating a few bad things sometimes. Not always though. He He.

How funny, we were typing at the same time! I see you've already made the decision re WW! Under normal circumstances I would frown upon you not coming back to SW!! But as you gave it a mention and explained yourself ill let you off (just this one time hehe!) XxxX

Ahhh good minds think alike then!! ;)

Jobs are so much more stressful these days - yours and my hubbies are very stressful while your there and then generally your able to leave it at work. He's a signalling engineer for the railways, while he's there its full on stress but then then he goes homes and the next team starts. Withyour job when your shifts over the patents then get care provided by next shift.
I've always been the only person in the company doing my job, when I have time off I come back to it all - I work countless hours over with no overtime and more and more work being assigned to me all the time.

Arghhh!!!

WW will give me some focus and def make sure I get home at decent hours to attend meeting and prep dinner/lunches, might just be what the doctors ordered :rolleyes:

Hope your keeping well sweetie xxxx

Good luck hunny, WW suited me..but I spent wayy too much pennies on WW products..oops!! xxx (let us know when your diary is set up :)

Its easily done, they are so costly but I dont tend to buy them - just cook for the 3 of us from scratch 90% of the time.

When I need a quick fix there well worth the money lol
xx

Ahhh good minds think alike then!! ;)

Jobs are so much more stressful these days - yours and my hubbies are very stressful while your there and then generally your able to leave it at work. He's a signalling engineer for the railways, while he's there its full on stress but then then he goes homes and the next team starts. Withyour job when your shifts over the patents then get care provided by next shift.
I've always been the only person in the company doing my job, when I have time off I come back to it all - I work countless hours over with no overtime and more and more work being assigned to me all the time.

Arghhh!!!

WW will give me some focus and def make sure I get home at decent hours to attend meeting and prep dinner/lunches, might just be what the doctors ordered :rolleyes:

Hope your keeping well sweetie xxxx

You've hit the nail on the head with your description of the type of work stress we have! My hubby Dai's sounds very much like yours and his new line manager is a nightmare and doesn't appreciate how hard he works at all! He recently went off sick with a chest infection (he's prone to them because of his asthma so colds turn into full blown nightmares) and his line manager tried to blame the fact that he leaves deadlines until the last minute and burns himself out! The truth is his workload is already ridiculous and it's not his fault they dump things on him and he has to work like crazy whilst spinning all the other plates at the same time!!

Well good luck hun with your change of direction in slimming terms! I'm sure you'll crack it!!XXXXXX

Good luck hun, Deffo keep ur diary here!!!! :D:D:D:D xxx

We all have to do what we believe is right for us, we are all on the same journey just taking different routes, I think you should keep your Diary here hun, at the end of the day its the support thats important not so much the plan, I look forward to seeing how you get on, my sister is a WW 's girl can't persuade her that any other diet works ha ha xx

bajoleth said:
We all have to do what we believe is right for us, we are all on the same journey just taking different routes, I think you should keep your Diary here hun, at the end of the day its the support thats important not so much the plan, I look forward to seeing how you get on, my sister is a WW 's girl can't persuade her that any other diet works ha ha xx

Thank you do much, I agree 100%. I think I've tried every diet going and can't rule out another switch but for me it's determination not to fail completely and slide back to the old me.

Looking forward to joining tomorrow eve :) xx

Woooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!!

I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you hun xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck for the interview :cross: and for the meeting tonight, have a good day xx

Back