Loose skin due to rapid weight loss

wanna_be_slim

I was just wondering, to those who have lost lots and lots of weights on lipotrim, do you suffer from loose skin at all?
many thanks.
:) :)

I have lost nearly 6 stone and to be honest my skin isnt too bad !! I have 2 children so it is a little 'doughy' anyway , but all things considered it is ok . I have ordered a nordic air walking excersise machine to help tone up and use Palmers cocoa butter firming cream every day ( smaells amazing too :) and if it is really bad when I have finished I may look into surgery , but you have to be totally sure you can keep the weight off , as if you have a tummy tuck then put a lot of weight on .. you can become deformed .
All said I would far far rather have a little bit of loose skin than be 8 stone overweight .. at least the skin can be hidden

I am in agreement with Determinator. I have lost 4 stone so far and the worst bit for me is that where my chins were I now have a lot of loose skin bit turkey like. Makes me look older and I notice it all the time. I have another 4 stone to lose yet. But having said all that I would put up with a pelican sized chin rather than be fat again. It has already changed my life in such a good way that its a price worth paying and at the end of all this I could save up and have it hoisted back in place. Don't let it put you off the rewards are so much greater.

Hi

I lost 5 stone on LT (though have put some on). I'm only 21 so you'd hope that'd help with the skin, but, I think I have horribly inelastic skin as I have stretch marks from growth spurts as well as weight gain. Anyway, my skin is not so great - my arms & stomach are the worst bits. But, I did definitely notice my stomach getting better before I put the weight back on, as in - sort of, springing up, haha. Also, I did LighterLife in 2005 & my skin was really pretty much fine after losing three & a half stone, so, I do think that it was more the weight I put on super fast after that & then doing a TFR diet again that had a big role to play.

I think it's worth it though!! & it takes about eighteen months (I think that's the right number?) apparently for you to see the full recovery your skin will make & I've never made it that far without putting weight back on, haha! & I figure that there's always surgery if it's really a massive issue to me.

Hannah

i lost 8 and a half stone on lipotrim and i finished summer 2008...

i dont have any loose skin at all, my tummy wasnt firm anyway from having 3 children and 2 tummy operations but the weight loss really made no difference at all in terms of sagging :) if anything it made the appearance better as it was ALOT smaller after losing the weight...the only thing that did look a bit funny were my breasts, they went a bit wrinkly looking which isnt normal for someone my age but after a few months it seemed like the skin started to shrink back and improve alot and now they are back to normal appearance.

everyones skin will be affected differently due to rapid weight loss but i think the benefits outweigh the downsides even if you are left with a little bit of loose skin besides u get to cover it up with much smaller size clothes and look and feel fab, i feel like a new woman :) just try to moisturise daily and do some toning exercises if you can and just see how it goes but i am sure that you will be fine and will love the new you once you reach your target

Good Luck x x x

Hi
I've lost getting on for 7 stones and have some loose skin on my abdomen, and the turkey neck remnants of a double chin. I went to the doctors (not about the loose skin, but just to let them know about my loss because I hadn't been since I'd done LT) and was referred to a plastic surgeon. I went to see the consultant last week and if I maintain my current weight for 4 months the NHS will sort my skin out. I'm surprised but delighted by this. I was told it was a long job and may require 3 operations and take up to 2 years. I don't mind the waiting - it will all be worth it in the end.

Jon

thank you all for your replies, its much appreciated.
i will continue with lipotrim until i reach my target weight and am not bothered about a bit of loose skin if i have any.
i want a slimmer me and thats the thing that counts most.
:) :)

I read up on this and best solution for possible loose skin is to moisturise, moisturise, moisturise. Nivea Q10 firming body lotion is very good as is Palmers COcoa butter. Plus, preferably after losing some weight and sticking to the plan for a few weeks, start some strengthening exercises, and a little cardio. However, I think the toning consideration really comes into play after losing the weight because Lipotrim is so fe calories, a person can't kill themselves with exercise completely. A little will suffice and if this is too difficult while on lipo, worry about that after. The biggest challenge is to lose the weight and maintain for awhile before embarking on exercise. One step at a time, there is a solution to every problem and if you lose weight, thats a brilliant achievement and the loose skin is a small price to pay for looking good in clothes. I realise some people might have a lot of loose skin, I might have it myself but i'll worry about that when I have to. The biggest priority for me is to lose weight first.

Back