Loose Skin/Sagging...

Thanks for the article and also AJ for your optimistic news! Looking forward to the day when mine shrinks!

Cath

Thanks for the link to that article. It was indeed, very interesting. I am not wholly convinced, but I am prepared to have my doubts challenged.

Loose skin is becoming more & moreof a problem to me. I have even considered halting the diet as a means of preventing further sagging!! (Totally ridiculous Iknow, but it did enter my head.)

My belly, at the mo, doesnt seem as bad as I thought it might be. My legs are very wobbly, but still pretty hefty, so no chance of skin sagging just yet, but its there!!! The worst bits are my boobs which are getting emptier by the day, and hanging like the proverbial spanials ears! Thats ok though, a good bra will sort it out! The tummy can be hidden in magic pants etc but my arms..... OH GOd they are soooo vile. Where once were stretch marks, hangs the skin, wrinkled and with no immediate return once moved out of shape. I am so miserable that I wont be able to wear summer tops this year, despite my weight loss. I will wear some "long" sleeved, short sleeved T-shirts, but I would so love to be able to wear strappy tops, vests etc. I am considering arm surgery after all this is over, but am worried by the issue of scars, which I beleive can be almost as debilitating as the skin itself.

Any thoughts?

Hia Sez, I do sympathise with your lament!

My kids keep pointing out my wrinkly legs and arms but I shrug and say "it's a small price to pay". To counter the arm problems I have bought a couple of shrugs to wear with sleeveless dresses/tops. One in black and one in a goldy/creamy colour. They are crocheted so have a holey pattern, but do hide a multitude of sins!

The legs will only be a problem when wearing a swimsuit, so I'll just have to strip off and dive in quickly when on holiday!

I hope that over time the lose skin will contract back. It may take years. I will not go down the route of surgery though. I would rather spend the money on a holiday, or getting the kitchen done.

I have seen some improvement in my own skin, not much, but enough to be confident that it will improve further over time. I think if I continue to eat a healthy diet, exercise regularly (not excessively) and just stay active it will continue to tighten up.

Back