Loose skin?

paulinequirk

This is the one thing I am really worried about through losing weight so fast... bear in mind I only had my second weigh in today so have not lost enough to have any loose skin, but is it actually a problem?

I can already feel my belly wobbling and it never did before. :confused:

Someone poated to use palmer cocoa butter firming lotion feels good but I think it will depend on how your skin is and if like mine it has totally been abused all that stretching, however loose skin or unhealthy?

Hi

I do think it's a risk, I'm not going to lie - mine is pretty bad. Though, tbh, if my arms were fine I wouldn't be too bothered, but, my arms were, like, weirdly massive, so, I think it was inevitable the skin there would be bad. My belly isn't too great either.

Ultimately, I think it's worth it! & it takes eighteen months for it to recover, so, I'm hoping mine will get better - I could actually see the tummy getting tighter when I came of LT, but, then I started putting weight back on...

Good luck & seriously, don't let it bother you! A lot of it is about the individual & besides, we can't expect to escape completely unscathed ;-)

Hannah

Loose skin has a lot to do with genetics, if your parents had good skin then it is highly lightly you will as well.

They say you need to give your skin two months for every stone you lose to shrink back...

I am very fortunate in that I have not suffered from loose skin, fingers crossed I get away with it again :)

I use Nivea for massaging all over and a little bit of bio oil every now and then.

Hannah, it's mainly my arms I am worried about. I put all my weight on in the space of 6-9 months a few years ago so everything stretched really quickly - I have worse stretch marks than my sister who had twins lol!

Thanks for the advice guys, think a trip to Boots is in order for some pampering products :)

I am planning to have surgery on the arms cos they're just ridiculous. Haha.

& like Mini said, I think it has a lot to do with genetics - my Mum, damn her, has no stretch marks after two kids & a lot of weight gain/loss, my Dad has lots & I apparently take after him because I have them in the weirdest places - like my shoulders?? So, I was never too hopeful about my skin!

But, fingers crossed!! :) You never know!

Hannah

Talk to your doctor. I've lost nearly 7 stones on LT but still have wobbly moobs and loose skin on my belly (looks like I've melted) but my doctor has referred me to a plastic surgeon. As long as I maintain my weight for 4 months they will sort me out on the NHS. I was very surprised but delighted that they were so willing to help.

Jon
xx

i have similar worrys lose skin on arms are mu main worry and my boobs unfortunatly i have lost two cups sizes and i was only a c cup and one seems to be shrinking much faster than the other possibly wudnt be so bad if they shrank together, i actually feel i almost hate my self as much as if i hadnt lost three stone i still have loads to lose i am using weights for toning my arms and some q10 firming lotion for my body !!! not sure if its working though , i get real depressed about especially as my husband has booked a holiday to sopain for september and i feel as if i am gonna be a blob on the beach thin but still blob, i can feel a repeat of last time i wen t to spain and spent it in the shade with a long jumper on !!! sorry if i have completely depresses you all :)xx

Stretch marks?

If you have stretch marks, does this mean the skin won't shrink back?

As when i was pregnant i just BALLOONED even more! So i'm covered in the things!!

Be honest, will i need surgery? And how much £ would i be looking at?

Mind you i'm only on day 3 so a while to go yet!!

:flirt2:

I'm hoping that I don't need surgery as my skin is terrible for healing, I still have visible angry scars from various accidents as a child :O It's good that the option is there just in case though.

i have similar worrys lose skin on arms are mu main worry and my boobs unfortunatly i have lost two cups sizes and i was only a c cup and one seems to be shrinking much faster than the other possibly wudnt be so bad if they shrank together, i actually feel i almost hate my self as much as if i hadnt lost three stone i still have loads to lose i am using weights for toning my arms and some q10 firming lotion for my body !!! not sure if its working though , i get real depressed about especially as my husband has booked a holiday to sopain for september and i feel as if i am gonna be a blob on the beach thin but still blob, i can feel a repeat of last time i wen t to spain and spent it in the shade with a long jumper on !!! sorry if i have completely depresses you all :)xx

I can understand you wanting to cover up, but you don't need a jumper. The way I see it when you're on holiday - who do you know and do you really care what a bunch of strangers think about you? *fingers up to the shallow people who tease*

You should be proud of losing the weight and hopefully you have more confidence too, if not you should ;)

I think as Mini said alot of it comes down to your genes and also, age, how long you've been over weight etc. It varies so much from person to person. I am a little baggy and loose at the seams but no one can see it with my clothes on and it doesn't bother me too much, certainly not enough to go through surgery which again I think is a very personal choice.

Try not to worry too much or anticipate how things will turn out. Just enjoy the ride to slimdom first!

x

I'm going to have terrible loose skin under my arms, and my chest is going to be interesting (damn manboobs, shrink like everything else is already!!!). My legs will also be pretty bad (got some loose skin already) but I really think my stomach will be okay.

Back