loose skin

I've been doing weight lifting almost since I started dieting. I must admit that most of my body is not that bad and I saw a huge difference in my thighs. I'm still obese and, to be honest, I don't have the ambition of being thin. In fact, I'm pretty satisfied with my current chubby body :)
However, my arms are terrible. I can clearly see the increase in lean tissue, but even so there is a LOT of loose skin. I don't think it has a solution other than surgery. I'd love to hear from someone who could ameliorate the arms without surgery.

I've been doing weight lifting almost since I started dieting. I must admit that most of my body is not that bad and I saw a huge difference in my thighs. I'm still obese and, to be honest, I don't have the ambition of being thin. In fact, I'm pretty satisfied with my current chubby body :) However, my arms are terrible. I can clearly see the increase in lean tissue, but even so there is a LOT of loose skin. I don't think it has a solution other than surgery. I'd love to hear from someone who could ameliorate the arms without surgery.

My understanding is that surgery is the only effective option. Yes, you can tighten up the underlying muscle with exercise, but not the skin itself. :) xx

Have you done any surgery of this kind, Tracy?
I found your diary recently and saw how much weight you lost (and, more important, how you are keeping your current body), it is great!

Aww, thanks Letzes! No, I've had no skin surgery, I wouldn't want to risk such a major op for cosmetic reasons - I know it carries quite a high risk of infection. But I'm fine - just a bit crinkly! It would be nice to not have to wear long sleeves all the time, but it really is such a small price to pay. :) xx

I totally agree and I'm also not willing to take the risks.
But I'm not going to wear long sleeves hahaha!

World, be prepared to see all my skin :D
People are too judgmental, someone has to teach them a bit of acceptance.

Back