loosing extra weight

bridie

i just read on the slim and save website this it is advised to loose and extra 4-5lbs after your goal weight as when you start eating normally and your glycogen stores are refilled this is aprox how much you will gain back nautally. not as fat or anything just as glycogen. anyone else read this?

I have heard that, but dont know where I heard it.

I am planning to lose half a stone under goal to allow for this kind of gain though so I must believe it! haha :)

How's your 3rd week going? Do you feel like you may get to goal this week? Are you going to lose more based on the glycogen gain stuff??

Haven't read it but I did know that this is what happens when you come out of ketosis. Your glycogen stores refill and they contain 3 parts water to 1 part glycogen so when you come out of ketosis you gain water. This is also one of the reasons that it is suggested that you do a careful refeed once you are at your goal. A refeed will gradually up the calories and cut down on the packs until you reach the stage where you are maintaining your weight. I certainly have in mind that I may need to lose a few pounds more than my goal but I don't intend to simply stop dieting, I'm hoping to continue to lose a few more pounds much more slowly once I've upped my calorie intake to something like 1200 - 1500.

I have read that as well, can't remember where though..
I intend to lose more than I require to so that I can go up a bit while doing the refeeding.

I have heard that, but dont know where I heard it.

I am planning to lose half a stone under goal to allow for this kind of gain though so I must believe it! haha :)

How's your 3rd week going? Do you feel like you may get to goal this week? Are you going to lose more based on the glycogen gain stuff??

yea i think i might try and do the same just to couteract losses!

no way will i be at goal lol! like you i had sunday off and have had a hard time getting back into it. though on my 3rd day back in and feel fine weigh day tomorow is NOT looking promising :( ill be happy just to STS but i think i may have put a lb or 2 on :( got a load of new packs today though so im back in the zone for next week lol. hows your week going kiika?

Haven't read it but I did know that this is what happens when you come out of ketosis. Your glycogen stores refill and they contain 3 parts water to 1 part glycogen so when you come out of ketosis you gain water. This is also one of the reasons that it is suggested that you do a careful refeed once you are at your goal. A refeed will gradually up the calories and cut down on the packs until you reach the stage where you are maintaining your weight. I certainly have in mind that I may need to lose a few pounds more than my goal but I don't intend to simply stop dieting, I'm hoping to continue to lose a few more pounds much more slowly once I've upped my calorie intake to something like 1200 - 1500.

i will aim to do the same!! been on the lowcarb megastore getting ready to stock my cupboards full of guilt free carbs so if i am naughty its not totally naughty!!

I've read that elsewhere.

Some useful maintenance advice is to drop intake prior to a special event, rather than trying to shed extra weight afterwards.

Ali

bridie said:
yea i think i might try and do the same just to couteract losses!

no way will i be at goal lol! like you i had sunday off and have had a hard time getting back into it. though on my 3rd day back in and feel fine weigh day tomorow is NOT looking promising :( ill be happy just to STS but i think i may have put a lb or 2 on :( got a load of new packs today though so im back in the zone for next week lol. hows your week going kiika?

Aww let us know how it goes Tomorro. Fingers crossed for you. Yeah 3rd day back for me too. Didn't have breakfast so I've got a choccy shake and a lemon bar for treats tonight.

Got another week to go before my first weigh in and it really makes me feel better knowing that my loss will (hopefully) be substantial! :D

I've got tons of packs left buy I really wanna buy some of the new meals an get some more bars! Lol I'll wait til April to buy more I think.

AliGal said:
I've read that elsewhere.

Some useful maintenance advice is to drop intake prior to a special event, rather than trying to shed extra weight afterwards.

Ali

Great idea!! Cut down before so not to have to deprive after. Its always bette to forward plan than to desperately try and claw back after. :D

Aww let us know how it goes Tomorro. Fingers crossed for you. Yeah 3rd day back for me too. Didn't have breakfast so I've got a choccy shake and a lemon bar for treats tonight.

Got another week to go before my first weigh in and it really makes me feel better knowing that my loss will (hopefully) be substantial! :D

I've got tons of packs left buy I really wanna buy some of the new meals an get some more bars! Lol I'll wait til April to buy more I think.

thanks i will... but i may just be tempted to not weigh in until next week now :S
nice work i did quite the opposite and only have one pack left lol. but going out for a drink(fizzy and of the water variety) tonight with a friend so that should keep me occupied.
i couldnt resist getting a few more :) ooops oh well got enough for another 3 weeks now

I aim to lose an extra half stone when at goal to allow for a bit of water gain!!!

: )

x

I'm going to go on to diet chef to lose the water gain :)

thats a good idea but isnt it quite expensive? x

well on topic i definately have to loose extra now lol seeing as ive just gone and put 2lbs back on from my naughty couple of days last week grrr bad bridie!!

I was looking into diet chef or some firm that will do my meals, OK am super lazy and never want to cook a carbohydrate ever again!

I've bought a few weeks supply off eBay so wasn't that expensive :)

I've bought a few weeks supply off eBay so wasn't that expensive :)

just had a look on there and your right much cheaper than id imagined! looks good i am deffinately going to do the same!! how many weeks do you recon you would need to do to refeed?

bridie said:
well on topic i definately have to loose extra now lol seeing as ive just gone and put 2lbs back on from my naughty couple of days last week grrr bad bridie!!

Aww no. Oh well chin up! Try hard this week and you'll be at goal in no time. That 2lbs is water weight it'll be gone in no time. You can do it!! :D

fingers crossed! i was worried that the gain would de-motivate me but it has actually done the opposite! thank god! lol

Does give you a heads up re coming out of ketosis though, in that there will be a corresponding weight gain as it's pretty much going to be water weight rather than fat gain as I can't imagine you consumed an extra 6000 calories during your off plan break.

Back