Loosing motivation - help!

shelz

Silver Member
History: Two weeks prior lost 2.5lbs each on SS, last week lost 0lbs on SS - stuck to it 100%. This week am up to 810, i just *know* nothing is going to go this week too!

I am loosing motivation, getting upset and starting to wonder why I am putting myself through this to be getting nowhere now.

This is week 9. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi there....

I experienced this when i was 12 lbs from 'my goal', so decided to alter it to give me more motivation and make the journey longer!

Maybe your body is at its most comfortable weight now and happy with your BMI being at a perfect 22!! I would be over the moon if my weight reflected that.

Good luck...you have obviously done remarkably well.

anni
xxx

Don't panic we all go through a bit of a lull, but you will probrably find that the 810 week will kick start your metabolism again. You have lost a fantastic amount of weight, and I guess the nearer you get to goal it does start coming off a bit slower, but it is still coming off.

Gonna stick my neck out and say you havnt got much to lose so i'd wager its gonna take alot longer now as your body works out exactly how much more to let go of..if you follow me lol

You have done really well so far, don't beat yourself up about it.

I hit a point where I felt it was not worth it but I did my measurements again and even though I had not lost any weight I had lost more inches - and let's face it, that's what people notice first.

Good luck.

Yeah, I'll go along with others and say because you are so light (lucky you hehe) your body is at a 'comfortable' point and is showing low losses as a result.

Please, whatever you do don't just come off the diet though! Try and work up the steps even if your motivation is low.

agree you've done brilliantly-well done you for sticking to it.
But at under ten stone and 5'6 I suspect your body's not desperate to let go of any more weight with a VLCD. (Generally that's why SSing is not recommended I believe for people who aren't over BMI 25.) I know when I got down even to that in the past, my weight loss slowed down-though speeded up again once I went onto 790 (as was) and 1000 etc.

hun you shouldnt be doing SS at all once your under BMI25 as your body will use up muscle instead of fat and from what i understand it can be quite bad!
you should be on 810 all the time now until goal, or you can start working up the plans!
I would agree with the pp's hun and say that your body doesnt have a lot still to lose so its going to take a bit longer.
xxx

Stick at it. You're so close and have done so well. I'm sure it'll be worth hanging in there for a bit longer :)

Your nearly there don't loose heart your doing amazingly so far x x

maybe I should try another method i dont know. Woke up this morninbg 9.11 drank two pints of water and had a pint of hot water in shake. Stood back on scales 9.11 still. Dont think something is right here along the lines. Will I just suddenly drop on Monday like I have in the past. I'm anxious now!

Is it best to work up all the steps even if I dont plan to eat 1500 calories a day ever again in the future?

try 810 hun! your body might not be too impressed with 400 cal a day when your already well within your healthy bmi range.
Instead of losing heart, why dont you try 810 for a couple of weeks and see how you get on?
x

hey shelz... i'm going through the same thing.. but just keep it up and dun give up! you'll surely reach you goal one day!
it's just the last 11lbs! good luck!

I am on 810 this week. I havent seen any change at all yet. Sunday sees the end of the week and Monday sees weigh in!

You have done very well so far. Whatever happens don't give up!

Back