Loosing the Lbs after pregnancy - SW old style

BrendaB

Hi Guys,

I first did SW in 2008 after our daughter was born and it worked perfect, I lost about 1st 2lbs in 2 months doing the red and green days. I will look into Extra easy once I loose a few Lbs. Unfortunately due to a number of things I can't get to a class so I'm attempting this at home for now.

We now have a 7 week old son and everything is perfect except for my weight! While I was pregnant I ate like it was going out of fashion and I have piled on the Lbs. I am now over 2 stone heavier than what I was before pregnancy and I want to nip in the bud as soon as possible because the longer I leave it the harder it will be to shift. I would be happy just to get to single figures 9st 9lb anything better than that would be a bonus.

On 10th November our son is being christened and I'd like to loose at least 4.5Lbs but it would be wonderful to have 7Lbs off...

I restarted SW 01.10.12 and in the first week I had 3.5Lbs off, brilliant !!I couldn't believe it but I had a sneaky weigh in yesterday (weigh day is Monday) and I am more or less the same... for the past 2 weeks I had been doing red days as I love meat and I have been REALLY good!! I looked back at my old diary and I seemed to have lost weight when I did a few green days here and there.

I would appreciate if anyone can help me out, show me where I'm going wrong and what might help?

I'll post my diary at the end of each day as forward planning sometimes doesn't always pan out for me!

Thanks
B

GREEN DAY

Breakfast Omlette
Egg
Tomato
Onion
Mushroom
Garlic
Cup of tea ( using HEXA milk for all my tea)

Lunch
Baby Potatoes
Baked Beans
Green Tea

Dinner
Potatoes
Pork chop (HEXB) might also give it 3 syns cos it was 156g raw before I cut the fat off
Gravy 3 syns
Peas

Snacks
Muller Light
2 x oranges
Grapes
Apple
Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Total syns for today 12

Is it possible to use 2nd HEXB for the pork chop :confused:

Well..... didn't get a chance to post my diary as our house was hectic yesterday, so up feeding the baby now and I have a bit of peace and quiet to get everything done.
Again we had unexpected visitors which knocked me out of my planned eating routine...the cheek of them eh!!then by the time I got the dinner ready I was starving marvin and I ate a feed of roast beef, well that's my story and I'm sticking to it:)

GREEN DAY

Breakfast Omlette
Egg
Tomato
Onion
Mushroom
Garlic

Lunch - Veg Soup
Veg stock cube (1.5 syns)
Leek
Celery
Carrot
Potato

Dinner
Potato
Beef (2 x HEXB plus another 4 syns- because I was a gorb!!)
Carrots
Peas
Gravy made with fat:( (but it was yummy..... and I actually stopped myself from a second helping!!! ) (4 syns)

Snacks
apple
orange
grapes
1/2 Curly Wurly ( I gave the other 1/2 to my daughter) (3 syns)
2 x tea ( used HEXA for the milk)

Can somebody tell me if it is ok to use both HEXB for the same thing, like what I did with the beef? I would imagine it's not the proper thing to do but it's still a HEXB.

Total syns for today 12.5

Big weigh in in the morning.... not feeling confident at all about it, I actually feel heavy if that makes sense? Well there isn't much I can do about it now.
I'm away back to bed to get a few hours sleep before the mad house resumes..... and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Last edited:
Welll,.... 1.0Lb off... bit dissapointed but at least it's off!!

Plan of Attack for this weeK....

1 Going to try a full week or almost a full week of GREEN days
2 Walking 3 days or exercise in some way 3 days (20min each )
3 Only 2 cups of tea / coffee per day drink green tea instead
4 drink 1L of water per day

Lets go!

Does anybody have big losses if you alternate red and green days?

Hi Brenda - yes you can have 2 portions of the same thing for 2 healthy extras. Well done on your losses so far, you're doing brilliantly.

I found I had the best losses on red days, as ate too much pasta and potatoes on green days (I love carbs), but everyone is different, alternating sounds good, or you could try extra easy? x

Hi brenda i finally found you. Why dont you try to do this week on extra easy and try use at max 10syns per day and see how you get on?

Hi Brenda - yes you can have 2 portions of the same thing for 2 healthy extras. Well done on your losses so far, you're doing brilliantly.

I found I had the best losses on red days, as ate too much pasta and potatoes on green days (I love carbs), but everyone is different, alternating sounds good, or you could try extra easy? x

Hi Louise,
Wow you've done brilliantly!!
Yay, love it that I can use to HEXB for the same thing that means that I can have 2 portions of spuds on a red day and 2 portions of meat on a green day.... Although I'll try not to do this.

Thanks
B

Hi brenda i finally found you. Why dont you try to do this week on extra easy and try use at max 10syns per day and see how you get on?

Hi Shinner,
Glad you found me:D I know, I know... I really need to look into the extra easy, but I just wanna get started and shift a few Lbs so I can fit into something other than track suit bottoms for the christening... and I don't want to take a chance in putting on weight if the extra easy doesnt work for me. I know from before that red and green definately work for me.

How are you getting on?
B

BrendaB said:
Hi Shinner,
Glad you found me:D I know, I know... I really need to look into the extra easy, but I just wanna get started and shift a few Lbs so I can fit into something other than track suit bottoms for the christening... and I don't want to take a chance in putting on weight if the extra easy doesnt work for me. I know from before that red and green definately work for me.

How are you getting on?
B

Yeah well then just stick to whats working for you but stick to it :). Im finding this week already dragging. I want pizza and take out but i know i cant have them. Really just wanna be 2 stone lighter already but need to keep reminding myself that 2 weigh ins in and down 5.5lbs is not bad going.
Sinead :)

Yeah well then just stick to whats working for you but stick to it :). Im finding this week already dragging. I want pizza and take out but i know i cant have them. Really just wanna be 2 stone lighter already but need to keep reminding myself that 2 weigh ins in and down 5.5lbs is not bad going.
Sinead :)

Good woman, that's brilliant in 2 weeks! I know I was a bit annoyed this morning that it was only 1Lb off but at the same time 4.5Lb is good going... I would be delighted if I have the same off again in 4 weeks!
I know, I'm in the same boat,.. I'd love to have something tasty tonight but sure it's bed time and I'd only be annoyed in the morning... I'm setting myself a treat - If I'm good and fit into something decent for the christening then the next time my husband is off work for a weekend then we are hijacking a babysitter, going out for a meal and drinks with NO restrictions.... eat and drink what I want for one night only!! I am actually looking forward to a hangover... lol

Brenda

Well today started off in my head as a GREEN day....that completely changed!

RED DAY

Breakfast Omlette
Egg
Tomato
Garlic
Mushroom
Pepper

Lunch
Dunno what happened!!
Grapes

Dinner
Loads of mince :D
Carrots
Peas (1 syn) apparently garden peas are not free on a red day!
Gravy (4 syns)
Potatoes (HEXB x 2)

3 x tea (milk HEXA)
Curly wurly (6syns)
1 x Green tea
600ml water

Walked / jogged for 20 min with buggy
approx 15min of ab circle and ab roller things - feeble atempt to attck the flabby tummy:eek:

Just to clarify - my omlette (yum,yum) is done on a pan with a few squirts of frylite... I'm taking this as syn free, please tell me this is ok?? - Ohhh I just had a bright idea, I might try melting mozerella cheese on it and use my HEXA

Total Syns for today 11

So much for sticking to a GREEN week. Today turned into another RED day! Full as a tick now :)

RED DAY

Breakfast Omlette
Onion
Tomato
Mushroom
Garlic
Pepper
Ham
Eggs

Lunch
Muller light
Grapes
Nectarine
Orange
Pear

Dinner
Bacon Chops
Bacon
Mallon Low fat sausage x 2 (4 syns) nice enough but gonna try get to the butchers in Lisnaskea for syn free sausages
Egg
Beans (4 syns)
Syn free chips (HEXB x 2) did these in the Tefal Actifryer, squirt of frylite.....yum,yum,yuuuuuum.

2 x Tea (HEXA for milk)
Curly Wurly (6 syns)
2 x green tea
1.2L water... might have some more later

20 - 25Min walk with the buggy

Feel good today could be down to the exercise... I tried getting back to my running a few weeks ago but it was obviously too soon after the baby & I suffered for 2 weeks with back & knee pains!!! Something that never bothered me before. That's what I get for not listening!!! Couldn't be told to behave:eek: Take it from me girls, WAIT till the baby is at least 6 weeks old before you start doing exercise other than light walking

Syns for today 14

Sorry brenda i cant offer any advice because i know nothing about the red or green plans. :(. Feeling like i wanna just pack it all in now. I dont even feel like im down at all. Im going to do a sneaky wi when i get up.

Sorry brenda i cant offer any advice because i know nothing about the red or green plans. :(. Feeling like i wanna just pack it all in now. I dont even feel like im down at all. Im going to do a sneaky wi when i get up.

Awww Sinead, don't give up... I feel like that too some days nut that's what my Curly Wurly is for lol:) Last time I did slimmimg world I was always craving junk food, so the best thing for me was a curly wurly, it's only 6 syns and lasts for ages yummmm. If I'm good all day and have the syns left I have my chocolate fix.
I can't comment on ehe EE plan as I haven't done it but basically on a red day you eat as much lean meat as you want and all your superfree foods but pasta, potatoes, rice etc are part of your HEXB and these need to be weighed amounts.
On a green day its the opposite, you eat as much pasta, rice potatoes as you like but weigh lean meat as your HEXB. It worked for me.
See how you get on at your WI day... I was disappointed on friday when I had a sneeky weigh in but it made me watch more closely what I was eating. Switching to red or green could work for you. The only about switching is I wouldn't be able to take the gamble....I know people who have massive losses on green and others who can't loose anything on green and the same for red days. My sister did EE and found it didn't suit her but she is only a few lb off her target and it's harder to shift the last few lbs anyway.
Don't give up, you've really done so well in just 2 weeks!! And remember..as I have to keep telling myself,... the loss has to slow down, 1Lb a week is an average good loss.
Let me know how you got on today?
I'm flat out on the green tea... supposed to help when your dieting and it also contributes to your water intake(although I don't count it as water)

Don't give up... who else am I gonna rant to??:cry:

Brenda

Hey i know its not time to throw in the towel yet but i dont even crave junk food like chocolate or anything i crave pizza and battered sausages and chicken fillet rolls :(. I think im gonna do some exercise today and stop drinkin the water because my weigh in is tomorrow. But ill still have a sneaky wi in a little bit. Even considering colonic irrigation at this rate lol

Did the sneaky wi and it was just 1lb down but who knows if ill be down more tomoro or not

Well done Sinead!! It's a loss.. you should be proud :) You never know, there could be more off by tomorrow. That's what happened me last week,I only had 1/4Lb off but by weigh in day I had lost 1Lb. So does this mean youv'e lost every week since you started??

Hey i know its not time to throw in the towel yet but i dont even crave junk food like chocolate or anything i crave pizza and battered sausages and chicken fillet rolls :(. I think im gonna do some exercise today and stop drinkin the water because my weigh in is tomorrow. But ill still have a sneaky wi in a little bit. Even considering colonic irrigation at this rate lol

Do you ever give yourself a treat... and cut back on your syns the till you have it paid back... Might be worth a try? You can't starve yourself of everything you love:D

Well... A GREEN day........... Finally

GREEN DAY

Breakfast
Muller light
Pear
Apple
Orange

Lunch
1 x laughing cow extra light (HEXA)
WW brown bread toasted (HEXB)
Tuna 56g (HEXB 1/2)
Sweetcorn
WW salad cream x 2 tbl spoon (2 syns)
Tomato

Dinner
Omlette
Ham (HEXB 1/2)
Tomato
Egg
Onion
Mushroom
Garlic
Beans
Syn Free chips done in Actifryer

2 x tea (Milk HEXA)
Curly Wurly (6 syns)
Green Tea
1L water

Today I feel really bloated, not good:( but on the up side I'm really pleased at how well I did today!
Weather is so miserable I didn't get out for a walk so maybe that's why I feel bloated..... hopefully that's all it is. I hope it's not because I'm doing GREEN...

24 days and counting till my first target deadline!:eek:

Total syns for today 8 !!!!! yay

Back