Loosing weight before ttc

how is your pain in your pelvis? sounds really sore. Until i started reading on forums, i never knew half of these things existed. I really hope you get some relief cos being in constant pain can't be fun. Not long now till mat leave, whoop whoop!!

i didn't know it existed until i got it. freaked me out a bit, ha. i have moved to the other end of the office today as i'm the only IT person in and it saves me walking up and down the office all day. we sit at the other end from the people we support... which makes perfect sense of course... so that should help a bit. very stiff today. think it's because i actually slept pretty well and seized up in one position for most of the night... i can't win :D ha.

It sucks abz.... lose lose situation. How many days left to work? are you off for a long time after your LO arrives?

Doing my mass cook! done bangers and mash, haggis :)jelous: but OH loves it!) and turkey breast with mash too :D doing chilli now. OH said yesterday he was sad the freezer was empty, hint hint! he said he had soup out a can at work, i mean can you imagine?? LOL. I think i may have created a monster xx

TGIF!!

Morning guys, its friday at last! Sport relief is on tonight too :D lazy evening ahead i think :p

Diet going well, although def never drank enough yesterday, will make a better effort today. Due AF today, bloated and really sore back but i'm happy cos i am due today and in the past i have been irregular. So the weight loss must be helping :D

Hope your all well ladies and fighting the fight :D:D

good morning honey. still can't believe you can cook all that when on cd!! i refused to cook as i wanted to eat it and OH lived on cheese and ham toasties for months because he didn't want to cook either. he lost rather a lot of weight. i started sneaking fruit into the packed lunch he made in case he got scurvy :D well, not really. but i figured he needed the nutrients, ha.

i don't know how much time i'm having off. it really depends on how long we can afford. as far as the company is concerned i'm taking the full year, but i only get statutory maternity pay. so it depends on whether i qualify for tax credits etc and how tightly our belts will tighten :)

abz xx

lol @ scurvy!! i really think it helps me take my mind off food... and it saves us some cash :D i do think i have created a monster thou - note to self!

I really hope you qualify, do you have to wait till your LO is born before applying? be nice to know where you stand, one less thing for you guys to think about.

Found out yesterday a friend is pg, not planned, she doesn't even have a regular bf! typical. Was happy but secretly v jealous :eek:

Oh well, our time will come x

it will hon. and if you carry on with cd it shouldn't be too long either :)

i keep meaning to ring up but when i have the opportunity i totally forget *sigh*. but i will do. i have time off during the week next week so i'll do it then. probably can't apply until i'm actually on maternity leave but should hopefully be able to find out if we qualify for working tax credits as we will be under the threshhold... but i'm on maternity leave, so don't know how that affects it as we wouldn't be if i was working...

put it on your list of things to do next week babe, its important to get the ball in montion huh?

Well, today has been busy! just had my second shake :rolleyes: can't believe i forgot to have it earlier, lol! things must be going in the right direction -----> although all i can think about is costco pizza :p but that will have to wait, i am on a mission!

Oisin, hope your well babe, see you Monday for the WI results x

told you that you'd start forgetting to have shakes didn't i?? hee. are you on the bars yet?

have a fab weekend guys :)

abz xx

i really don't like the bars :confused: they are like putty! love the choc shakes, tend to just have them.

Sitting relaxing watching sports relief :D

Hey Girls

Sorry i have been very quiet, been so busy this last few days and my lip for some reason swelled up 10 times its normal size lol Its was awful

Sitting watching neighbours with a large glass of sparkling...... water Oh the joys lol

monday 22/03

Morning ladies, sorry been awol this weekend - got painters coming and so been dust busting :eek:

Well today i am back ahead in the weight loss stakes :D i am down a total of 56lbs!! whoop whoop!!!! :D this week has been tough, i am not coming off again, well until i am nearer goal. I am so happy :D

Hope you girls are feeling as chirpy x x

Nice to have you back hun, Sorry to hear you had a tough week (((hugs)))

Well now me and you have lost the same lol I just been weighed and have lost 3lb.. Wooo hooooo well done us xx

well done guys :D sounds like you are doing fabulously. are you ready for my news? ready? a week of slimming world and i lost.... half a lb!! ha. so annoyed. but then they told me off saying i would have gained baby so i suppose it's ok. the friend i went with lost half a stone in her first week. so gah!! ha. am sticking at it. at least i'm not gaining and am eating far more healthily. here's to maintaining whilst gaining baby :D

abz xx

Hi ladies,

sorry I haven't been on in a while. I was on my holidays in DLP. We all had a ball but of course I ate rings around myself.

BUT, I did lose another pound probably because of all of the walking so yeah.....

Well done on all the losses this week. Oli, 56lbs holy moly girl. Oisin, congrats on making the four stone mark - you must be weel chuffed. Abz, you're doing great. On my third trimester, I could barely get out of bed let alone do exercise and diet - well done you!!

Well all I had today was a bowl of shreddies, a pear, apple and banana, a bowl of low fat soup and a few crakers. Here's to a big weight loss next week.

XXX
Determind

Hi all :) Hope you don't mind me joining you on here! Started TTC since getting married at the end of last year. I'm almost 33 so really hope it doesn't take too long but I realise I'm overweight as is my DH so got my fingers crossed each month but also need to get back into the weightloss game. I lost about 21lbs before the wedding (much less than I'd hoped for!) and put about 7lb back on since then and over Christmas.

I'm just trying to eat healthily at the moment (although that doesn't always work!) but just read through this thread and noticed that you can do SW when you're pregnant. Although I'm not yet, each month there's always a possibility so I'd rather follow the assumption that I could be.

Halfway through this thread I saw someone mention that being under a BMI of 35 was good when starting out pregnant, obviously under 30 is even better! But that's given me a real boost as I've got about 7lb to lose to hit 35.

Got a weekend away (family party) so I'm thinking about picking up a SW magazine when I'm next out and reading up on it ready for Monday. I'm guessing it's changed a bit from the old Red and Green days when I last tried it in the late 90's!

Sorry for rambling :D

Last edited:
Red and green days still a part of it, but new option such as extra easy where you can have both red and green foods at each meal, but you need to drop a healthy extra. I love SW, just wish I could stick with it. Good luck on your journey hun.

Thanks for the info! That does sound a bit more doable. Sticking with it is the hardest part. I just need to keep saying to myself that the more I stick with it the more chance I give us of a baby which I really want.

Will grab a mag and have a read this weekend :)

hey hon. welcome and good luck ttc :)

i am on my second week of sw. thought i would find it so so hard given that everything i had wanted to eat to date had been bad for me and everything seemed to make me sick!! however it's been a doddle. i've been doing extra easy. the losses are apparently sometimes a little less than those following red days for example. but if it's something i can stick to rather than giving up or having 'days off' all the time then i'd much rather do that :)

abz xx

Hey Abz, well done on keeping going with it. I'm sure it can't be easy when you're pregnant too. Until I started reading about pregnancy I was under the assumption (like a lot of people I think) that you can just eat what you like and don't worry about it but since getting a bit more informed I know that's not the case, although I'm sure plenty of people still want to!

Well I picked up a SW mag yesterday so started having a read through. There's a couple of local clubs to me, just need to see if I can talk someone into going with me as I'm really shy on my own.

Back